Real Money Casino Games Online – Where To Find Them in 2022
Casino games either depend on luck or skill (sometimes both!), and can be played for free or for real money across various devices once you register on a licensed casino platform.
Casino Games Explained
To play casino games, you can either stake real money online, use cash or casino chips if you visit land-based establishments, or play entirely for free, using demo credits (for example, if you join a social casino like 888 Casino, Lucky Creek Casino etc).
Back in the day, gamblers had a very limited options – all you had to choose from were a few slot machines with fruits and sevens and a couple of roulette tables. Doesn’t sound all that exciting, right?
Well, today, things are very different – the average casino games list you can find online at most licensed operators includes thousands of titles with state-of-the-art mechanics, special effects and lots of cool bonus features!
Why Play Casino Games Online?
Whether you’re a beginner and want to try out some games of luck for the very first time, or you’re ready to play online casino games with real money, there are many reasons why they’re worth taking for a spin:
- They’re fun – Perhaps not the most objective argument, but it still holds ground, especially in the modern age – wouldn’t you agree? Online casino games offer unparalleled entertainment, bright visuals, special symbols and exciting bonus rounds, such as free spins, which makes playing them an absolute blast for anyone!
- They’re thematically diverse – Both online slots and live slots feature hundreds of different slot themes, such as ancient civilisations (e.g. Book of Aztec), animals (e.g. Fluffy Favourites), lucky diamonds (e.g. Starburst) or sevens and bars (e.g. Couch Potato Slot).
- There are many types to choose from – The vast array of online casino games on offer today means you're more than likely to find something to your taste, whether that’s the newest 3D slots, a round of American Roulette or even arcade games, if you’re feeling nostalgic for the old days!
- The potential for winning real money – As opposed to other types of online games where there are no prizes to be won, casino games allow you to win real money and even make the process more entertaining for you via slots tournaments or weekly competitions.
- Being able to interact with other players – There is an undeniable social component to many casino games in general, especially if you join an interactive poker room or live dealer casino. These allow you to talk to other players via live chat and the dealer, too.
- Playable from anywhere – Players can enjoy the greatest degree of flexibility in modern times as technology continues to grow and evolve. Nowadays, casino games are available anytime, anywhere, on all devices (desktop, tablet, smartphone with Android/iOS).
- They are easy to find – Thousands of casino games are available one Google search or click away, as the number of licensed operators on the market that distribute them is only expected to increase in the following years – you can find real-money slot sites or poker rooms in seconds!
- They fit any budget and risk tolerance level – Different players have different budgets, betting styles and risk tolerance levels – luckily, there is a list of casino games that specifically caters to all of the above, such as high-stake slots or low-volatility slots.
The Most Popular Types of Casino Games in 2022
If you’re new to the gambling scene, sorting through the many games on offer at an online casino can be a bit of a hassle.
But don’t worry, we’ve come to the rescue with a practical and in-depth casino games guide:
Most players are familiar with the old mechanic slot machines found in bowling halls or gaming rooms that used coins, cash or vouchers.
Well, online slots are the digital equivalent of that. They produce games of chance for the players, with the result of each spin determined mathematically, using RNG (Random Number Generator) technology in accordance with the pattern of symbols on the reels.
Each software provider brings their unique twist – in terms of structure, paylines or prizes – to these casino games. Some of the most popular on the market right now are video slots, branded slots, Megaways™ slots, cascading reels slots, Cluster Pays slots and Bonus Buy slots.
Many online slots draw inspiration from real-life games, movies and TV shows – e.g. Monopoly slots and Deal or No Deal. Some are themed around folklore belonging to certain countries, such as Rainbow Riches.
Depending on the definition you use, table games can either refer to any type of casino games which are played on a table (or similar surface) or a particular category of games of chance, which includes blackjack, craps, roulette and real-money baccarat.
As opposed to slot machines which involve the use of a mechanical device, table games will typically use balls, counters or decks of cards to determine a winner. Your goal will be to beat the casino.
The most popular types of table games out there are real-money roulette and real-money blackjack, both of which can be played in dozens of different variations, depending on the casino and provider (e.g. European Roulette, Single Deck Blackjack, VIP Blackjack and others).
Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games are an important component of every modern online casino, usually offering HD live transmission, increased interaction and an authentic experience that resembles the atmosphere of a land-based casino.
Instead of playing against computer software, live dealer games are managed by a human dealer or a croupier that players can interact with in real time. The action is then streamed from luxurious studios located all around the world.
Game shows and live slots are other immensely popular recent additions to this category, as they implement elements of online slots with a live twist and tons of jaw-dropping bonus rounds! They are also coordinated by a human host in real time – e.g. Dream Catcher, Crazy Time, Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt Live.
Some great perks of playing live casino games in general is that you can enjoy localised experiences in terms of culture, language and studio setting. Games that manage to ace these aspects include Lightning Roulette, Greek Quantum Roulette, California Roulette and Teen Patti.
There is a reason why many new bingo sites are launched every year – this game of chance is incredibly popular, especially among women and in particular geographical areas like the UK.
The rules of the game are simple – players need to match the numbers on their paper cards with those called by the host, which are drawn at random.
If a player matches the right sequence of numbers on a row, they call out ”bingo” and get rewarded with a prize or jackpot.
There are many types of bingo games you can find online (e.g. 30 Ball Bingo, 90 Ball Bingo or 80 Ball Bingo).
The best online bingo sites, such as 888ladies or Gala Bingo, will typically feature all of these games and more.
Slingo, for example, is an interesting game variation which can also be found at a number of high quality bingo sites. A unique single and multiplayer game, it contains elements of both online slots and bingo – e.g.: Slingo Rainbow Riches, Slingo Deluxe, and Slingo Adventure.
Lottery is one of the oldest forms of gambling out there that involves the drawing of random numbers to determine a winner.
In many countries around the world, lottery is state-owned – for example, Powerball is the most famous American lottery game, organised in 45 states.
However, you can also find online lottery offered at reputable casinos like William Hill and BetVictor. These operators connect players with the biggest lotteries around the world in real time (e.g. Canadian, Australian, Irish etc.).
Keno and scratchcards are also frequently included in most modern casinos and state lotteries. These lottery-style gambling games award players with instant payouts if they either choose the right numbers or reveal a prize underneath the card surface after scratching with a metal object.
As you probably suspected reading their name, dice games use one or more dice to determine outcomes and generate random numbers. Each of the six faces seen on a dice cube will feature a number of dots from 1 to 6.
Many contemporary gambling games use dice rolls as a central component. One of the most played ones is craps, which involves two dice being thrown simultaneously. Players must then place wagers on the total value of the two dice.
Other dice games you can typically encounter at most online casinos are Pai Gow and sic bo.
Crypto games can be seen as regular casino games, for the most part – the only notable difference is that players can deposit and withdraw their winnings in various cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Cardano.
These games can be found at regular online casinos that also accept fiat deposits like Fortune Jack or BitStarz Casino, but also on decentralised platforms that use blockchain technology and provably fair algorithms (e.g. Crypto.Games or Blockchain.Poker).
You can find a large variety of crypto games on these platforms, many of which have very low house edge of only 1-2% on average – dice, roulette, blackjack, video poker, plinko, lottery or minesweeper.
Themes for Online Casino Games
Thanks to new developments in technology, modern slot games have evolved immensely in terms of graphics and sound effects.
Just like choosing a movie, you’ve now got a ton of themes to play so that there’s always something new to try out.
How To Win at Casino Games
Winning at casino games will largely depend on a few things – your level of experience, your strategy and the type of games you play.
Casino games can be split into two broad categories – games of luck or chance and games of skill. What it’s important to remember is that all casino games involve some degree of luck – however, it’s the proportion that separates the two.
For example, online slots are considered the most straightforward example of a game of luck, since the odds are entirely random and decided mathematically. They also have a fixed RTP score that the player can’t alter. However, games like poker are widely regarded as skill-based, although they also contain a small element of chance.
We’ve outlined the main differences for you in our table below so you can best choose what fits you and increase your chances to win:
|Games of Luck||Games of Skill|
|Don’t require any special knowledge||Require the expertise of the player|
|Odds are fixed and determined mathematically||The player can influence the odds with the right strategy|
|Usually played against the house||Usually played against other players|
|Examples: online slots/roulette||Examples: online poker/chess/backgammon|
If you’re looking for more advanced tips & tricks to take your casino strategy to the next level, we invite you to take a look over our dedicated pages for each game: baccarat strategy, online slots strategy, roulette strategy and online blackjack strategy.
These terms may sound complicated at first glance, but don’t worry – they are fairly easy to understand in practice. Having an idea of what they mean can help you boost your chances of success at most casino games:
- RTP – This is an abbreviation of “Return to Player”, which refers to the percentage of the wagers that are returned to you on a specific game. The RTP score is calculated with a simple mathematical formula: the amount returned to the players divided by the total amount wagered.
- House Edge – The house edge refers to the percentage of the player’s bet which returns to the casino (or, in simpler terms, the casino’s profit).
- Hit Frequency – Refers to how often a casino game will trigger a winning combination. For example, online slots with a 25% hit rate will provide a payout on roughly ¼ of the total spins.
- Volatility – This term describes how often or how rarely players can win big or small prizes on casino games (e.g. low volatility = frequent prizes of low value, high volatility = big prizes triggered with a low frequency).
Most Rewarding Casino Games
As a general rule of thumb, the most rewarding casino games will either feature a low house edge, an above-average RTP score, a high prize pool or other in-game features that increase the player’s chance for a payout (e.g. wild and scatter symbols, free games, cascading reels, linked reels, and more).
Progressive jackpot slots are believed to be the holy grail of rewarding casino games, as their prize pools often hit the 6-figure range.
How To Choose a Casino With the Best Games
So, you’ve decided the world is your oyster and you’re ready to try your hand at the best gambling games you can find in 2022.
The only pressing question that remains is – which casino should you go for?
Here are some tips that can make your choice easier:
- Look at the numbers – Any online casino worth a second visit will feature at least a couple hundreds, if not thousands of casino games from all categories (video slots, poker, live dealer roulette etc.). There is strength in numbers so, in this case, the more the better!
- Check the new games section – Ideally, this section should be updated fairly frequently, so you know the operator in question cares about keeping its players up-to-date with the newest launches in the industry.
- Read the fine print – The best casinos will always display key stats for their games transparently, such as RTP or volatility. Steer clear of those that don’t!
- Make sure you get plenty of bonuses and promotions – They can help improve your game experience, recoup any losses and balance your budget better (e.g. sign-up offers, free spins, cashback).
- Check licensing and security – Never play at an online casino that doesn’t have a valid licence from a prestigious authority, such as the MGA or UKGC.
- Identify the best operator for a particular game – Some casinos make bingo a central part of their offer (e.g. Ladbrokes Bingo, William Hill Bingo), whilst others may be more to your liking if what you’re after is Vegas-style slots (e.g. Paddy Power™ Games).
- Read the reviews – Browse online for some expert opinions on both the game you want to play, and the casino you're playing at, we've got plenty of casino, game and slot reviews ourselves here!
Casino Games for Free vs. for Real Money
In the past, it was harder to participate in gambling since the only way you could spin at a slot machine was if you had cash or coins.
Luckily, today, the doors of online casinos are open to all virtual customers, and non-UK players can enjoy their favourite games for free as well, without needing to deposit any money.
If you’re looking to learn the key differences between free and real-money play at online casinos, we’ve got you covered:
|Casino Games For Free||Casino Games For Real Money|
|No minimum deposit is required||A minimum deposit is required|
|Can be tried with or without registration||Registration/KYC is mandatory|
|Virtual credits are used||Real money bets/wagers are used|
|You can only acquire “paper” wins||You can win real money|
|Can be tried on all devices||Can be tried on all devices|
|Ideal for beginners||Ideal for intermediary players and veterans|
Best Casino Games Software Providers
The list of software suppliers for the iGaming industry is constantly growing, with new up-and-coming studios and developers joining the market all the time!
With that said, there are some award-winning providers with a global footprint. Some of the most impactful and innovative are:
- EGT – One of the oldest providers of slot machines, online slots and gaming solutions, EGT are known mainly for their vintage online slots with fruits, sevens and bars, such as Burning Hot or Bulky Fruits.
- NetEnt – NetEnt are a Swedish supplier of premium gaming solutions and the mastermind behind some of the most spectacular jackpot slots, such as Cosmic Fortune and Arabian Nights.
- NOVOMATIC – A top producer and operator of gaming technologies, NOVOMATIC are famous for their great selection of classic, Vegas-style online slots like Book of Ra, Lucky Lady’s Charm Deluxe and 100 Roaring Sevens.
The online casino games list is constantly expanding, as licensed operators and game studios join forces to provide you with high-quality entertainment.
New slot sites and games constantly pop up, so you’re always got the latest innovations at your fingertips. Our list of casino games should get you far in your search for the top real money-games around.
Whether you prefer the thrill of that Wheel of Fortune spin or you’re a master card player who conquers every poker room, there’s always something exciting in store for you!
Casino Games FAQs
Non-UK players can play anonymously for free on social gaming platforms that are open to anyone, without registration, while players from most parts of the world (including the UK) can sign up to a licensed online casino. For your safety and to enjoy more variety, we recommend the second option.
You have higher chances of beating skill-based casino games such as poker, blackjack, chess or backgammon than games of luck such as roulette or online slots. RTP scores and house edge will also influence your odds significantly.
Simply sign up to an online casino using a desktop device, a smartphone or a tablet and verify your account. Then, you’ll have access to thousands of casino games from the comfort of your home.
There are many tutorials and guides you can find online – all you need to do is search for the game you want to learn and specify your level of experience (beginner, intermediary etc.). Some online casinos such as Unibet or 888casino also have dedicated guides for players you can access.
Online slots are the most popular casino games worldwide, followed by table games, card games and live casino.
Technically, that is not possible – because you play with demo credits, your wins will also be in demo credits and can’t be withdrawn. However, if you unlock a no deposit bonus from the casino, it is possible to play entirely for free and withdraw real money, once you meet the wagering requirements.
Not necessarily. There are ways to play casino games without registration (for non-UK players) as well if you go for social casinos or free gaming platforms such as Slotomania.com, Slotozilla.com or Freeslots.com.
Progressive jackpot slots are seen as the highest-paying casino games out there because of their million dollar prizes. Many of them are so rewarding that they’ve even made it to the Guinness World Records (e.g. Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune).
As long as online gambling is not illegal in your country and you play on an online casino with a valid licence from MGA or UKGC, then you have no reasons to worry.
- Top Bingo Sites and Games For UK Players – Where to Play in 2022 If bingo is your favorite game and you’re always looking for the best bingo sites to play at and the newest variations, our guide is meant for you. [toc]...
- The Ultimate Guide To Play Craps Online in 2022 Craps online is a game with a long history that has remained a firm favourite throughout the ages. Whether you’re looking to learn how to play craps, or the...
- Best William Hill Bingo Guide and Review for 2022 William Hill Bingo is a popular bingo site among UK players. As one of the best online bingo providers, you can expect to find a wide range of bingo...
I’ve been writing for the online casino industry for over 2 years now. During this time, I became passionate about player-centric content, especially slot and brand reviews.