Top Bingo Sites and Games For UK Players – Where to Play in 2023
If bingo is your favorite game and you’re always looking for the best bingo sites to play at and the newest variations, our guide is meant for you.
- Top 16 Bingo Sites in the UK
- What is Bingo?
- Bingo Rules
- Games Found at UK Bingo Sites
- Top Bingo Bonus Offers in 2023
- Online Bingo Sites with No Deposit
- How to Choose the Right Bingo Site
- Types of Bingo Rooms
- The Best Bingo Sites
- #1 Buzz Bingo
- #2 888 Ladies
- Mobile Bingo sites
- Top Bingo Games in 2023
- High Payout Bingo Sites and Games
- Famous Bingo Winners
- Bingo Alternatives
- Best Bingo Sites FAQs
What is Bingo?
Bingo is a game of chance and probability that uses numbered tickets to determine winners.
The concept is simple – players are each given a card with numbered squares. The game host calls out the lucky numbers and the first person to match all of them on their own ticket gets to call “bingo” and win the game.
Online bingo is particularly popular because it’s a low-priced form of gambling and it encourages social gatherings.
That is also why the number of websites dedicated to the game is growing rapidly and why vibrant communities get formed around it.
Over 3 million people play online bingo on a regular basis in the UK alone.
As there are many types of bingo, including a British and an American version, there are slight differences in the way the game is carried out but, for the most part, the rules and the basic principles stay the same.
Players are given a ticket with numbers displayed across rows and columns (9 columns and 3 rows for the British Version, 5 columns and 5 rows for the American Version).
The game’s organizer is called a caller because he calls out numbers and validates the winners.
In the case of online bingo, however, there is no caller and the winners are decided through the use of Random Number Generator technology (RNG), which ensures fair odds every time.
At online bingo, prizes can be awarded for various number combinations, depending on their placement on the player’s ticket (first line prize, corner and square, 2 lines, 3 lines and full house or bingo).
Games Found at UK Bingo Sites
The best online bingo sites in the UK offer online slots, progressive jackpot slots, slingo and the most popular bingo types worldwide, such as:
- 90-ball Bingo – players are given tickets with numbers ranging from 1-90 across 3 rows and 9 columns, with wins being awarded depending on the total matched numbers. A player can only match a called-out number if it already exists on his ticket
- 80-ball Bingo – also known as Shutter Bingo, it involves color-coded numbered tickets (red, yellow, blue and white) spread across a 4×4 grid, resulting in a total of 16 numbers
- 75-ball Bingo – also known as pattern bingo, this is one of the oldest types popularized in the 1920’s and particularly liked by UK players. The tickets have a 5×5 grid structure with numbers from 1-75 and a blank space in the middle, with players being given a winning pattern to match before the start of every session
At UK bingo sites, games are organized every few minutes so there is always a high chance of getting into the lobby just as a new session starts.
You can buy between 1-45 tickets for every game and you can also play in more than one room at a time.
Bingo variations are heavily influenced by geographic location and player preferences. The diversity provided is also different depending on the operator.
For example, in the US and Canada, bingo games are primarily organized by casinos but also in halls, with New York being a hub with a hall per every 6800 residents.
Popular variations in the US include:
- U-Pick’Em Bingo – players can mark the numbers they want to monitor for a win.
- Shotgun Bingo – also known as Turbo, this is a fast-paced variation in which the numbers get called very quickly as the balls are revealed to the player.
- Quick Shot Bingo – numbers are pre-drawn before the game starts and players buy sealed bingo cards that they then have to match with the pre-drawn numbers.
- Bonanza Bingo – played with 43-48 pre-drawn numbers (they can be odd, even or simply the first 43 balls to come out of the machine).
In the UK, aside from 75-ball bingo, which is the most played bingo game, the following variations are equally popular:
- Cash Cubes – a 36-ball game with 12 numbers across 4 cubes, instead of the classic tickets.
- Slingo Games – they combine elements from both slots and bingo and are usually based on already established, player-favourite titles – e.g. Monopoly Slingo, Slingo Lucky Streak etc.
Bingo Games RTP
What you need to know here is that the RTP scores that you can get at bingo games depend on three main factors:
- The type of game you’re playing – for example, 90-ball bingo has an average RTP of 80%, whilst 75-ball bingo has an average RTP of 85%. If there is a progressive jackpot involved as well, these scores can go higher
- The operator you’re playing at – some operators have higher RTP scores than others.
- The software provider of the game you’re playing – software providers such as Netent and Microgaming are known for their high payout rates in general and for the fact that they create many progressive jackpot games. Same goes for certain games studios such as Gaming Realms and Eyecon – for example, their Slingo Fluffy Favourites title stands at an RTP of 95.3%
Top Bingo Bonus Offers in 2023
What characterizes bingo games and, by extension, operators is that, for the most part, both cater to low-stakes players. That’s not to say there’s no such thing as high roller or VIP bingo too but, in general, bingo was designed to be an accessible game for every pocket.
That is exactly why the best bingo bonus sites offer a broad range of promotions designed to be as accessible as the game itself – no deposit bonus, casino sign up bonuses with low entry point (e.g. £10 first deposit), free credit or free spins at slots or slingo games.
A very common trend, especially at some of the best new bingo sites is to reward players with up to five times their first deposit amount in bingo bonuses (e.g. deposit £10, get £50) or give them a fixed cash sum to spend in bingo rooms as part of the welcome package.
Although these offers sound extremely attractive to beginners especially, as always, there is a fine print to look over – make sure the wagering terms are just as fair before claiming a bonus.
Online Bingo Sites with No Deposit
Up to 200% Deposit Match Bonus
18+. New players only. Up to 200% deposit match of first deposit. Max £100 awarded as bonus credit. Withdrawal of deposit excludes player. Min Deposit £10. 40x wagering requirement. 30 day expiry. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
3 days of free bingo and up to £900 bonus
Wink Bingo Play
3 Days of Free Bingo
New players only. Country restrictions apply. Room access granted for 3 days after registration. Games play every 10 mins, 7am-10pm. A total of £888 in bingo bonuses [BB] available over 3 days. This is a shared game. If more than 1 winner, the JP will be shared. Non-Funded players balance capped at £100, exc. JP win. Wagering req. apply: 2x (deposit + BB funds); Withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply.
888 Ladies Play
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of jumping through hoops to get a bonus, you’ll be pleased to know there are also UK bingo rooms that don’t have any wagering requirements at all.
For example, Mr. Q currently offers 24-hour access to its “free for all” room to all players who registered and verified their account, no deposit needed. That translates into 6 free tickets for up to 20 games.
And that’s not the only quality operator you can try if you’re looking for the best bingo sites no deposit.
How to Claim a Bingo Bonus
The steps you need to follow to get a bonus at online bingo sites in the UK can differ slightly depending on the bonus you’re trying to claim.
For example, in the case of most no deposit bonuses, all you need to do is to open an account and verify it. Remember that you can only do so if you’re at least 18-years old.
However, when it comes to most welcome bonuses, you will also need to also make a first deposit:
- Make sure your account is verified.
- Check the minimum deposit limits (for most UK operators, it’s a small sum such as £10 or £20).
- Head over to „Cashier” or „Banking”.
- Select the payment method you want to use from the list and the amount.
- Confirm the transaction.
Other bonuses may also involve the use of promo codes.
In this case, the steps you need to follow will be detailed in the offer page or the t&c’s – usually you have to insert these codes at registration, in a designated field or reach out to customer support directly.
Common Wagering Requirements at UK Bingo Sites
As much as we all love a good bingo bonus, as we mentioned above, reading the fine print is very important. That is because wagering requirements are what sets apart a truly good offer from one that only sounds good on paper.
In actuality, the fairer the terms are, the more attractive the bonus becomes.
Most UK bingo sites will ask you to wager your first deposit amount a certain amount of times before withdrawal or wager both the first deposit amount and the bonus. These are also called rollover requirements and they range between 15x to 35x on average or more.
Other sites may make a certain offer available only to deposits via a certain payment method. For example, some e-wallet casino deposits are frequently excluded from welcome offers.
How to Choose the Right Bingo Site
When we evaluate the best bingo sites, there are some criteria we look at that players should remember as well to make the right decision:
- Game fairness – look for games that use RNG technology to determine winners because, in this way, they can’t be rigged and no one can manipulate the house edge. If the room you’re playing at is also certified by eCOGRA, it’s even better (such is the case of 888 Ladies, for example, which currently holds a safe&fair certificate)
- Licensing & Prestige On the Market – always play at operators that are licensed by a respected regulatory body. For example, if you’re a UK player, you should play at operators licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. If you’re an international player, look for casinos licensed by Malta Gaming Authority. You should also aim to find operators with a good reputation in player communities – look through honest reviews on forums, test customer support to see if you get an answer etc.
- Player-focus – regular rooms should have low entry points and many promotions for new players whereas, in the case of VIP or high roller casinos and rooms, we expect to see more personalized perks and a well-established loyalty program
- Software providers – a good room should have at least 2-5 trustworthy providers known for their bingo or bingo-like games such as Playtech, Eyecon, Microgaming, Dragonfish, Gamesys, Cozy Games or Virtue Fusion
- Customer support – an often overlooked factor that goes into a seamless gaming experience is how responsive customer support is when clients have a problem with registration or any bonuses – the higher the response rate, the better
- Chat with other players – because there is an intrinsic social component to all rooms, it is very important to also judge aspects such as chat moderation and if an operator manages to create a sense of community for its players (how easy it is to interact with other players, how friendly the moderators are, if communication in the chat is encouraged etc.)
Last but not least, trusted sites should also keep your funds safe, meaning they should integrate secure payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. The most commonly used payment methods at the best bingo sites in the UK are:
Debit cards are a convenient and familiar deposit and withdrawal method for most players, offering instant top-ups and high withdrawal limits. Trusted bingo rooms in the UK are usually integrated with world-class payment processors such as Mastercard or Visa. Some local banking options can also be offered, such as Revolut.
PayPal is the number one e-wallet choice for most bingo rooms in the UK, for reasons such as trust in the brand, safety and coverage, given that PayPal is the world’s largest e-wallet and it also offers fraud protection.
Other popular accepted e-wallets are Neteller and Skrill.
Because most bingo rooms are also mobile-friendly, that also tends to include their payment options. It’s not uncommon to find modern operators that are integrated with worldwide mobile pay leaders such as Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Types of Bingo Rooms
There are many types of bingo rooms you can play at, from free to welcome newcomers to VIP rooms for veterans or special ones dedicated to a single game (e.g. Fluffy Favourites).
A broad classification to keep in mind when choosing where to play at is the following:
- Networked Rooms – they contain games that are connected across various websites at the same time because they use the same software (e.g. Microgaming or Dragonfish). If you like to play for fun and for the social aspect of it, they are a great choice.
- Exclusive Rooms – the type and number of exclusive rooms depends on the operator but, what sets them apart in general is that they grant you access to exclusive games, chats, facilities, bonuses and prize pools (e.g. high roller rooms, progressive jackpot rooms etc.). They are rather fit for players who want more out of their gambling experience and a higher payout.
Another lesser-known aspect that greatly influences your chances to win at a bingo site is liquidity.
Because most bingo rooms function as networks, similar to progressive jackpot networks for online slots, the more liquidity or cash there is in the system, the higher the chances of getting a big payout.
That is why it’s advisable to sign up for a bingo site with enough players and many different rooms that are active at the same time (protip: try to pick a site that has at least one exclusive room since that also helps with managing liquidity).
The Best Bingo Sites
Although bingo is not as popular as online slots in the UK, it bears mentioning that there are still plenty of great operators specializing in this game that offer top support, offers and perks. Here are our top 3 picks for the best online bingo sites in the UK:
Famous Bingo Winners
You may be asking yourself if it’s worth singing up for one of the best bingo sites out there and trying your luck. Well, you’ll be pleased to know there are plenty of people who took a chance at bingo games and it paid off massively:
- Soraya Lowell, a Scottish woman, became the proud holder of the title „biggest bingo winner in the world” when she won £1 167 795 at Club 3000 bingo hall in Lanarkshire.
- John Orchard won £5.9 million at online bingo after playing only 30p, a monumental lucky strike.
- Lisa Potter – this lady’s 2012 win came as a surprise since she only decided to play a bingo game to pass the time. Instead, her £5 bet turned into £1.3 million.
There are many games similar to bingo that either follow the same basic mechanisms (lucky numbers, random drafts), borrow only a few (such as the concept of lucky tickets) or add concepts from other casino games to keep things fresh.
Some popular alternatives include:
- Online Lottery & Keno – these are the closest alternatives to bingo since they are both games of chance that also involve a random drawing of numbers to decide a winner.
- Slingo Games – they bring the best of both worlds by combining slots and bingo. For example, the „Slingo Originals” series developed by Gaming Realms, containing 12 titles is a hit in the UK, with some of the best bingo sites hosting it.
- Real money slots – featuring higher RTPs, additional game mechanics and special symbols (wild and scatter), slots are thematically more diverse than bingo but offer the same level of fun and a great win potential.
Best Bingo Sites FAQs
The vast majority of online bingo rooms are strictly regulated, therefore safe to play at – if in doubt, always check their licensing (for example, top UK operators are licensed by UK Gambling Commission).
The answer depends on what you’re looking for, your budget and your expectations. Some rooms such as Mr. Q are fit for beginners, whereas others are better for high-end clients since they have a more comprehensive VIP and rewards program – such is the case of Legs 11 Eleven Casino.
We recommend you look into established operators with frequent promotions such as Bingo Crazy. Also, to improve your win potential, always look for operators with accessible wagering requirements for their bonuses or, better yet, no requirements at all.
The most frequent ones you can find at the best UK bingo sites are no deposit bonuses (typically awarded in the form of free access to one of their bingo rooms or a fixed number of free tickets), first deposit bonuses or loyalty/VIP prizes, such as access to exclusive rooms.
Most UK bingo sites will ask you to wager the bonus and your first deposit a certain amount of times before withdrawal (between 15x to 50x, but we’ve also seen some 80x requirements). Try to always pick operators with low rollover requirements.
Although bingo sites have what is called a „free bingo room” dedicated to new players, some of them will still ask you to make a deposit that serves as an entrance fee. Thankfully, that is usually a small amount such as £10.
Anyone over the age of 18-years old.
Debit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Maestro), e-wallets (PayPal, Neteller, Skrill), fintech (Trustly, Revolut), bank transfer or pay by phone (Apple Pay/Google Pay). From all of the above, we’ve noticed PayPal is particularly popular at some of the best UK bingo rooms.
Yes, there are plenty of them that not only allow you to play for free, but also reward you with no deposit bonuses (e.g. free play or bingo tickets) – see Mr. Q.
Yes, provided that you choose a mobile-optimized UK bingo site. Most of the large operators are and there are also some that offer dedicated mobile gambling apps.
Yes. There are many UK operators that specialize in live games such as Bingo Cams and Live Bingo.
Some of the best bingo apps in the UK are 888 Ladies’ app (you can find it on their official website, but also on Google Play) and Wink Bingo’s mobile app (compatible with all mobile devices).
Some of the highest paying bingo sites in the UK are Buzz Bingo, William Hill Bingo, Ladbrokes Bingo and 888 Ladies.
Reputable bingo rooms have no way of rigging the games or manipulating the house edge in any way. Instead, the games’ results are determined mathematically using RNG technology (random number generator). This, in turn, makes every session fair and random.