The Best Online Casinos in Slovakia – Top Slovakia Casino Sites
Are you looking for the best online casino Slovakia has to offer? The good news is that the industry enjoys a legal and regulated status in the country, with players being able to access their favourite slots, table games and live dealer games at top-rated gambling sites. Check out our detailed review below to learn more!
The Best Online Casinos in Slovakia
The Laws & History of Slovakian Online Casinos
Online casino Slovakia gambling enjoys a tremendous amount of popularity, with more than a third of the country’s population partaking in the pastime. Naturally, online gambling accounts for a good chunk of this activity, increasingly becoming the preferred way for Slovakians to play.
History of Gambling & Online Casinos Slovakia
Gambling has been a popular pastime in the region of Slovakia for a long time – betting on horse racing was a popular activity back in the 19th century. The country's first land-based casinos would emerge during the early '90s after the 1993 dissolution of the former state of Czechoslovakia.
Since Slovakia’s inception as a sovereign state, gambling has been legal. As this period of time fell before the internet became widely used, and therefore, prior to the rise of online casinos, this was initially for land-based operators.
After online gambling was legalised in 2005, the law was primarily focused on the regulation of the state's lottery operator TIPOS. In later years, players who wanted to expand the scope of their gambling activities would look elsewhere, until 2019 brought about further developments for online gambling in the country.
We take a closer look at this in the following section!
Slovakia Online Casino: Laws & Regulations
All aspects of gambling in Slovakia fall under the purview of this regulatory body outside of the proposal of new legislation. This has made it increasingly possible for Slovakian players to safely access their favourite slots, sports markets, and table or live games at offshore online casinos.
Signing Up to the Best Online Casinos in Slovakia
Fortunately, many trusted and regulated online operators accept players from Slovakia. Signing up to some of the best online casinos Slovakia has to offer requires you to simply follow the below steps:
- Check for a ‘Slovakia’ option at sign-up. This could be in a drop-down box or amongst the accepted phone number country codes. It's also a good idea to check the casino’s terms & conditions to make sure Slovakia casino players are not excluded.
- Fill in your personal details. Enter any required information, such as your full name, address, and date of birth. At this stage, the casino might ask you for copies of official identity documents to verify your account, such as your ID card and a utility bill. This is a standard procedure upheld by all legitimate and licensed casinos online, and is carried out in compliance with rules laid out by various regulatory bodies within the industry. In order to enjoy full use of your account and to be able to withdraw winnings, you must complete this verification process.
- Claim your welcome bonus and begin playing! Just be sure to always read the T&Cs before claiming any promotions, and keep any eye out for any bonus codes that might be required to take advantage of such offers.
How To Choose the Best Slovakia Online Casinos
In this section, we've listed key factors that you should keep in mind before signing up to an online casino in Slovakia:
- Licensing and security
- SSL encryption
- Bonuses and offers
- Reasonable terms and conditions
- Game variety
- A broad selection of payment options
- Great customer support
- Slovak language support
We will now look further into each of these topics.
Licensing & Security
One of the top security protocols of safe and trusted online casinos is SSL encryption, which ensures that your data and privacy are protected online.
Another vital thing to look for is licensing through a trusted, respected gambling authority. Examples of such bodies would be the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, and Curaçao eGaming.
In terms of licensing for casinos that operate from within Slovakia itself, there are two types: general licences and individual ones. The individual licence type covers gambling activities such as slot machines, sports betting, and lotteries.
It’s also worth keeping an eye out for fairness and security certifications from trusted third parties, such as eCOGRA. These will most likely be displayed on the site's footer.
Bonuses & Offers
Great bonuses and offers are factors that players always consider before signing up to any site, with popular examples being no deposit bonuses and free spins. Most online casinos in Slovakia are very generous with these promotions, along with including a VIP programme for loyal or existing customers.
Here's a closer look at the types of casino bonuses you can claim as a player in Slovakia:
- Welcome bonuses: These are the most common types of casino bonuses you can find online, and can only be claimed by new customers. They generally grant some form of bonus funds (either in cash or credits), and sometimes a certain amount of free spins on top to be used on specific slots.
- VIP programmes: It is also worth investigating whether or not your chosen online casino offers a VIP programme for loyal or existing players, who can enjoy special perks, promotions, prizes, and much more!
Terms & Conditions
When using real money at an online casino in Slovakia, it's important to look at the site's terms and conditions to avoid any unwanted surprises once you start depositing and playing.
The first thing you should confirm is whether or not the casino accepts players from Slovakia. Viewing the casino's list of excluded territories is one of the easiest ways to determine if this is the case.
The top casinos naturally offer the best casino games available! Look for top-rated developers such as Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, Yggdrasil, IGT, and NetEnt.
A wide range of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals was another key criterion for us when selecting the best online casinos in Slovakia.
Credit and debit card casino payments have always remained popular due to being safe, secure and relatively fast, along with e-wallets such as Skrill and NETELLER. Other common methods are prepaid cards (or vouchers) and transactions via bank transfer.
Recent years have also seen a rise in the popularity of crypto casinos in Slovakia, which allow customers to use Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other popular cryptocurrencies.
Language & Support Options
Players from Slovakia can expect to find customer support options that range from phone and email support to 24/7 live chat.
For obvious reasons, it is also important to look for online casinos that offer customer support in Slovak.
Land-Based Casinos in Slovakia
Slovakia is home to some well-known and trusted land-based casinos that are located in various regions across the country. The capital city of Bratislava is home to several of these establishments, along with Zvolen, Trnava, Nitra, Poprad, Piešťany, Košice, and Žilina.
Popular Slovakian brick-and-mortar casinos are Casinos Slovakia, Banco Casino, Olympic Casino, and Admiral Casino, situated in close proximity to resorts, luxury hotels, and similar facilities.
These land-based operators offer an extensive range of slots and live table games, just like their online counterparts. The only obvious difference is that you'll need to show up in person to play – ideally dressed in a smart-casual outfit!
Online Casino Slovakia – Summary
As you can see, there is a lot to be excited about when it comes to the top online casinos in Slovakia, with players having plenty of safe and secure options to choose from.
These casinos offer an impressive range of all of the most popular games, as well as great bonuses and offers for gambling enthusiasts in the country.
If all this sounds good to you, pick a site from our list of recommendations above, and sign up for an account today!
Online Casino Slovakia FAQs
Gambling has been legal in Slovakia since 1993, and online gambling specifically since 2005.
Players should always choose an online casino that is fully licensed and regulated by a recognised gaming commission. In addition, keep an eye out for an impressive selection of games and great bonus opportunities before signing up to any site.
The best online casino operators in Slovakia and worldwide accept a broad selection of payment methods that include credit/debit cards, bank transfers, cryptocurrencies, and prepaid cards.
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
- Casino Games Software – Play with the Best Casino Software Providers In this article, you will find all the information needed so you can play with the best casino games software around. Pick your online game developer from our top...
- The Best New Casino Sites 2022 Looking for the latest and newest casino sites for UK and European players? Here are our top 15 choices! [toc] [bookmakertablelist id="32794"] Why Play at a New Casino Site?...