The Best Bitcoin Casinos 2022
With Bitcoin reaching an all-time high in value, casino players have also begun to warm to this cryptocurrency and all the benefits it offers. Below, we explore everything there is to know about this topic, including how to find the best Bitcoin casino for you!
- List of Top Bitcoin Casino Sites for 2022
- What Is Bitcoin?
- What Are Bitcoin Casinos?
- Types of Bitcoin Casinos
- Bitcoin Casino Games
- How to Deposit and Withdraw at Top Bitcoin Casinos
- Are There Any Fees for Using Bitcoin at an Online Casino?
- Best Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
- How to Get Started With Bitcoin
- The Best Wallets for Bitcoin Gambling
- Checklist: How to Choose the Best Bitcoin Casino Sites
- Pros and Cons of Bitcoin Gambling
- Alternative Payment Methods
- Bitcoin Casinos – Summary
- Online Bitcoin Casinos FAQs
List of Top Bitcoin Casino Sites for 2022
50% Match up to 0.004BTC + 50FS
100% up to 1.5 BTC + 100 free spins
100% matched deposit bonus of up to 5 BTC + 50 free spins
150% welcome bonus up to 3BTC/$2,500 + 200 Free Spins
What Is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a type of digital currency with no physical coins or bank notes. Unlike traditional ‘fiat’ currencies, such as the US dollar, the euro, or the Great British pound, Bitcoin doesn’t operate within a centralised system.
Bitcoin is an open-source currency that uses blockchain technology, with both transactions and the issuing of bitcoins themselves processed via the Bitcoin network.
Another main difference between fiat currencies and Bitcoin is that there is a definite amount of bitcoins that can ever be in circulation. This is believed to be 21 million, and they will continue to be regularly released until 2040, or until all coins have been mined.
Bitcoin is not tied down to any bank, institution, corporation or country. However, there is a central public ledger that details, authenticates and keeps a record of your transactions. Of course, this ledger is encrypted, completely anonymous and only linked to your wallet ID.
The ledger is periodically updated and verified by powerful computers on the network called nodes. Nodes do not belong to any one entity, and all double-check other nodes’ work.
Each updated and verified section is known as a block, each of which is permanently linked to the block before it, leading to the term ‘blockchain’.
A Brief History of Bitcoin
The idea for Bitcoin was launched in 2009 by an unknown person or group under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto. A year later, the actual software to make Bitcoin possible was created and launched as open-source code. This currency was, and still is, open source, and operates via a peer-to-peer network.
Bitcoin's success led to a crypto boom, during which thousands of companies tried to launch their own crypto alternatives. Some of these, such as Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum, have become mainstays, while there are still hundreds of altcoins looking to gain the same level of traction.
This interest has also made the price soar. Those who were lucky enough to have invested in it early are certainly reaping the rewards now! Bitcoin price reached records of over 65,000 USD in February 2021, April 2021 and November 2021. In between those periods, however, the price fluctuated down by almost 50% in some cases.
What Is Next for Bitcoin?
While Bitcoin is not legal tender in most countries, the small Central American nation of El Salvador has opted to recognise it, as well as several cities, such as Lugano, Switzerland.
Meanwhile, legislators in the states of Texas, Arizona and the country of Mexico are pushing for it to become legal tender as well. All this has given the cryptocurrency a reputation of trustworthiness and legality.
At the same time, there still remain a few doubts. Certain governments (such as China's and Egypt's) have opted to ban cryptocurrencies outright, while others (such as most EU countries) are trying regulate it or even tax it.
Citing the possibility that Russia might use cryptos to bypass sanctions levelled on its banking system, US president Biden has signed an executive order on cryptocurrencies, aimed at exploring regulation of cryptos and possibly even the creation of a digital dollar.
While overregulation and banning certainly present a threat to Bitcoin’s future, it is already a globally accepted payment method, and as such, it is unlikely to ever disappear.
It is accepted by certain governments, many online shops and plenty of online casinos. Some countries have seen it's popularity alongside gambling explode, such as with Vietnam Bitcoin casinos. In addition, it is also a highly reliable payment method for p2p transfers, with its exponential though erratic value making it a popular investment for day traders.
What Are Bitcoin Casinos?
Bitcoin casinos are online casinos that accept payments in Bitcoin.
While they may support other cryptocurrencies, all of the best crypto casinos will accept Bitcoin, being the most popular cryptocoin out there at the time of writing.
Any top Bitcoin casino will offer all your favourite types of games, including slots, table games, sports betting, and live dealer casino games. Simply deposit and cash out any winnings to and from your crypto wallet.
How Do Bitcoin Casinos Work?
Bitcoin casinos largely operate in the same way as other online casinos work, in that they use specific software to run and oversee games. This includes an RNG (Random Number Generator), or livestreaming technology to connect players with a real-life dealer in live casino games.
In a few cases, casinos offer specific Bitcoin games, where you can see the source code for yourself. You can learn more about these further below in this article.
Depending on where their licence is from and where they are allowed to operate, Bitcoin casinos are also still subject to local laws. Of course, not all jurisdictions offer licensing for Bitcoin gambling, such as the UKGC and the MGA.
Most of the top Bitcoin casinos are licensed in Curaçao, offering an extra level of safety for players.
Types of Bitcoin Casinos
While the phenomenon is relatively new, there are still several types of Bitcoin casinos available.
Regular Bitcoin Casinos
Most Bitcoin casinos operate the same way as normal online casinos; the only difference is that they accept Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies instead of, or along with, fiat currency. However, you will still need to sign up by and verify your account in the traditional way.
Anonymous Bitcoin Casinos
Certain Bitcoin casinos are completely anonymous, allowing you to register using only a wallet transaction. No other sign-up details, such as your name or email address, are required.
No account casinos like this often work by making a microtransaction to establish a link to the player, allowing them to cash out back to their original wallet if they win.
Many players will also pair these types of casinos with one of the best VPN programmes out there, for a powerful one-two punch in favour of security and anonymity.
Mobile Bitcoin Casinos
Most Bitcoin casinos are mobile-optimised and responsive to all sorts of devices, meaning they will work equally well on your smartphone, tablet or PC. Thus, you can play Bitcoin games from virtually anywhere.
Bitcoin Casino Games
If you want to gamble with Bitcoin, you will find several types of games from which to choose.
At a Bitcoin casino, you can play all the slots that you would usually find at any regular online casino, including popular games by NetEnt, Microgaming and dozens of other software developers. Simply open a game, choose your stake and spin away!
Bitcoin Live Casino Games
You'll also be able to find a live dealer section at all Bitcoin casinos, with games such as roulette, blackjack, baccarat, casino game shows and more. Again, all you need to do is choose a game, input your bet size, and enjoy!
Many of the top Bitcoin casinos have specific Bitcoin slots. These are games that work like regular slots; however, the casino will give you access to its source code. This is to ensure full transparency, and is most common in casinos that only accept cryptos.
Provably Fair Games
The best Bitcoin casinos employ a provably fair algorithm for their games, which will send you a unique and encrypted key when you play. This key is paired with a secondary key in order to ensure game fairness. Since both keys are stored on the blockchain, they cannot be manipulated or altered.
A provably fair game on the blockchain works like this:
- Before the game starts, a unique “hash” is created, represented by a sequence of letters and numbers.
- As the game is played, its outcome is determined by chance.
- After the game is complete, it releases its result and secret key.
- With a hash calculator, the game result and secret key can be combined to recalculate the game hash.
- If the hash matches the original hash, the game has been proven to be fair.
Some games will do this work for you, though you can always use any open-source hash you prefer.
How to Deposit and Withdraw at Top Bitcoin Casinos
Below, we look at how to deposit and withdraw funds from your favourite Bitcoin casino. As long as you have a BTC wallet, this should be a relatively easy affair.
Depositing Using Bitcoin
If you’d like to start playing using Bitcoin, you will naturally need to deposit some funds.
- Log in or sign up to a Bitcoin casino.
- Go to the Cashier/Banking section and choose ‘Bitcoin’ for deposits.
- Deposit to the casino’s wallet ID, or scan the QRcode with your wallet app (which is much easier).
- Approve the transfer with your wallet app.
- Start playing!
Withdrawing Using Bitcoin
Making a withdrawal from a Bitcoin casino is an equally simple process:
- Head to the Cashier and go to the Withdrawals section.
- Choose ‘Bitcoin’ as your withdrawal method of choice.
- Input the amount you’d like to withdraw.
- Input your wallet ID and confirm the withdrawal.
- Wait for the casino’s payment team to process the withdrawal (usually within 24 hours).
Are There Any Fees for Using Bitcoin at an Online Casino?
Most online casinos do not charge any fees – unless you are trying to withdraw beneath a certain threshold. However, in the case of BTC or other cryptos, you should be aware of 2 types of fees: wallet fees and miners' fees.
Miners (i.e. the ‘nodes’ we mentioned earlier) perform the necessary operations that confirm transfers in BTC. They are then rewarded with a small amount of BTC as compensation for their work.
Of course, these miners are usually located on huge servers in countries where electricity is very cheap. These fees are not paid to your wallet; rather, they will go to the miners. In most cases, your wallet will include these fees in its calculation of your cost per transfer. According to Cryptofees.net, the average fee is 3.92633%, while the median fee is 1.40689% for a transfer between USD 100 and USD 200.
While most wallets include the miners' fees in their cost estimate, they are of course businesses that also charge small fees for their services. While some, such as Robin Hood, do not charge any fees, most others charge around 0.1%.
Bitcoin Casino Fees Overview
|Bitcoin casino fees||None|
|Wallet fees||Around 0.1%|
|Miners' fees||Average 3.92633%, Median 1.40689%|
Best Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
Bitcoin casinos are famous for their bonuses, most of which tend be more lucrative when compared to those offered by traditional casinos. While you will get a lot more than your standard 100% up to €/£/$ 100, you should still pay attention to any wagering requirements attached.
Bitcoin Casino Welcome Bonus
All of the best Bitcoin casinos offer welcome bonuses. A typical Bitcoin casino welcome bonus is anywhere between 100% up to 1BTC and 100% up to 5 BTC, which is huge when compared to regular casino welcome offers that we're used to. With the value of 1 BTC at around 45,000 USD, this is perfect for high rollers. However, you can also get your bonus by depositing a smaller amount – usually around €/£/$ 20.
The Best Bitcoin Casino No Deposit Bonus
Plenty of the top Bitcoin casinos also offer a no deposit bonus. This can range anywhere between 10 to 150 free spins, and some even offer a “cash bonus” that can go up to $70.
Special Bitcoin Bonuses
Certain operators, particularly those that offer both fiat and Bitcoin gambling, offer special Bitcoin bonuses. That usually means that they will give you a much larger bonus if you choose to gamble with Bitcoin instead of dollars, pounds, euros, etc. While the standard bonus may be “just” $500, the Bitcoin bonus may be up to 1.5 BTC or more!
How to Get Started With Bitcoin
Of course, the first step towards playing at the best Bitcoin casinos is to have actual bitcoins in your possession. If you have never done it, the easiest way is probably to simply register for a Bitcoin wallet and buy some coins.
Ways To Get Bitcoin
There are four main ways in which you can get Bitcoin:
- You can receive them as payment for an object or a service;
- You can mine them yourself;
- You can get some for free using a Bitcoin faucet;
- You can buy them.
How To Buy Bitcoin
Buying Bitcoin is very easy, especially with an online exchange/wallet:
- Open an account at a crypto wallet such as CoinsPaid or Binance.
- Add your credit or debit card to your account.
- Submit any information or documentation needed to verify your account.
- Buy bitcoins directly from the wallet.
The Best Wallets for Bitcoin Gambling
As mentioned above, Bitcoin wallets are needed to store digital currencies. While you can have your own virtual or even physical wallet, the easiest way to buy Bitcoin – and potentially other currencies – is with an online wallet. Here are four of our favourite options.
Checklist: How to Choose the Best Bitcoin Casino Sites
Bitcoin gambling should only be done at the top Bitcoin casinos – that means legal and licensed casinos with a good reputation. What we mean by this is that you should still look for all the things that you’d normally do when choosing an online casino, including a reputable licence, third-party certification, affiliations and customer support.
This is particularly important, because there is nothing stopping an illicit casino from taking your money and not attributing it to your account, especially when using Bitcoin, as it is harder to trace.
The checklist below should help to separate the best Bitcoin online casinos from the blacklisted ones.
Check the Casino’s Licence ✔️
Making sure the online casino of your choice has a licence from a reputable jurisdiction is by far one of the most important steps. Such a licence means that mean that the casino has to follow a specific set of government-imposed guidelines, which are ultimately there to protect you. When it comes to the best Bitcoin casinos, we recommend choosing those licensed by Curaçao.
Check the Casino’s Fairness Certification ✔️
These confirm that the casino games operate fairly. In addition, remember that the Provably Fair software for Bitcoin games is also a fairness certification, so if your casino has it, that is one extra point in its favour.
Check the Games Providers ✔️
Trustworthy casino game providers are usually huge, international and listed companies. They cannot afford to associate themselves with scammy operators.
The games have to be provenly fair, but also have fair RTP. Some of the best games providers you can come are NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Novomatic, Playtech, Wazdan, Pragmatic Play, and Red Tiger Games.
Check the Terms & Conditions of the Bonus ✔️
Casino bonuses are there to thank you for signing up join and to enhance your bankroll. Even so, don’t just take these bonuses at face value, as they often come with wagering requirements, as well as other terms and conditions.
Sometimes these terms are simply impossible to fulfil, making the bonus a waste of time. Instead, a smaller bonus may be a better option, provided it has more reasonable wagering requirements.
Read Our Casino Reviews! ✔️
One of the best ways to judge the quality of any Bitcoin gambling site is to read our casino reviews. We provide in-depth analysis of top online casinos on the market, guiding you away from scam sites and towards licensed and respected operators.
Pros and Cons of Bitcoin Gambling
Knowing what the advantages and disadvantages of Bitcoin are can help give you a bigger picture, and help you decide whether this is indeed the best currency for your casino-related needs.
- Allows for anonymous transactions
- Best system encryption on the internet
- No casino fees
- Super-fast deposits and withdrawals
- May increase in value as a currency
- Not yet accepted at all casinos
- Casinos accepting Bitcoin often have restricted territories
- May decrease in value
- Higher fees than many other cryptos
Advantages of Using Bitcoin to Gamble
- Privacy: All transactions made with Bitcoin is that all transactions are anonymous. What this means for you is that any transaction made to top Bitcoin casino sites will not show up on any bank statements.
- Security: Blockchain, which is the database used to make Bitcoin transactions, operates on the internet’s safest and most reliable encryption system. This makes it virtually impossible for your data to be breached.
- Low fees: The vast majority of Bitcoin online casinos do not charge players any fees when depositing or withdrawing in Bitcoin. This is because it costs them practically nothing to process such payments, and they can therefore do the same for their customers.
- Speed: Bitcoin gives almost instantaneous deposits and fast withdrawals, meaning you don't have to wait for very long to start playing your favourite games or to cash out your winnings.
Disadvantages of Using Bitcoin to Gamble
- Not accepted at all casinos: While Bitcoin casino sites have been growing in popularity, the currency itself is still lagging behind other more mainstream methods. At the time of writing, payment options like debit cards and e-wallets remain the predominant option for most players.
- Restricted territories: Bitcoin casinos often cannot accept players from certain locations (states or countries). Thus, if you live in one of these regions, you may have to opt for fiat currencies instead.
- Potential decrease in value: Bitcoin is currently very volatile, meaning there is still the possibility of the currency decreasing in value. In other words, like any other investment, Bitcoin's value may fluctuate depending on various factors.
- Higher fees than many other cryptos: While Bitcoin is still the original and most popular cryptocurrency, alternatives such as ETH or BCH offer lower fees. Of course, an upside to Bitcoin is that it is the only truly decentralised currency, as all other altcoins are in some way minted and managed by companies who have varying degrees of control over them.
Alternative Payment Methods
Whether you reside in a location where Bitcoin casinos are restricted or you cannot – or prefer not to – use this currency, never fear. We have listed the best alternative payment methods below!
Other Payment Methods
Of course, apart from famous cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Cardano, many of the best Bitcoin casinos accept payments using traditional payment methods, if this is more convenient for you. Check out some of the more popular of these below.
Bitcoin Casinos – Summary
As Bitcoin continues to rise in popularity, so do Bitcoin casinos, with more and more players beginning to use this cryptocurrency for its ease and convenience. While it was very difficult to find a casino that accepts Bitcoin only just a few years ago, they are now more prevalent than ever, with new operators popping up all the time!
Online Bitcoin Casinos FAQs
The best Bitcoin casinos are those which are legally licensed to operate. In this article, we have listed many reputable BTC casinos that you can check out! Some of the best include BitStarz, Rocketpot.io, and Stake.com.
Bitcoin gambling is as varied as normal online casino gambling, with slots, table games, lotteries and live casino all available. There are also dedicated blockchain games, where you can even see the source code to be sure that they are fair to players.
Deposits made via Bitcoin usually do not take longer than 30 minutes, though they are often instantaneous. Withdrawals are said to take up to 24 hours. This depends on how fast your casino will process your transfer, but in our experience, they are usually processed within a few hours.
When you effect a Bitcoin payment via a Bitcoin wallet, your unique address and the amount you wish to transfer is sent to a p2p network of computers across the world. A miner then checks that you have enough funds and then authenticates the transaction on the public ledger.
Setting up a Bitcoin account is incredibly easy. Simply pick a Bitcoin wallet such as CoinsPaid or Binance and use your debit or credit card to buy bitcoins.
While none of the top Bitcoin casino charge fees, there are wallet fees, which include miners' fees and fees paid to your wallet app.
Yes, of course! Many of the best Bitcoin casinos have Bitcoin bonuses specifically for those who deposit using the currency. Often, you can get 100% up to 1 or even 5 BTC!
In most cases, no. However, you may be able to withdraw to another crypto in your wallet.
No, the majority of UK casinos do not accept Bitcoin. In fact, the UKGC has not licensed any UK casinos to accept cryptos as of yet.
While Bitcoin gambling is not available at licensed UK casinos, its legal status is grey. As far as we know, there is no law prohibiting UK players from using it. While we are not legal experts, we do however recommend using an alternative option instead to be on the safe side.
In general, you do not need to pay taxes on winnings from UKGC-licensed sites. However, most crypto betting sites are licensed outside of the UK. In reality, you would probably need to pay a tax if you turn a fiat currency profit from the sales of your bitcoins. Again, though, we are not legal experts.
Given that the casino in question has a licence from a trustworthy country, then you can rest assured that the casino is trustworthy. This licence requires the casino stick to strict requirements that are ultimately in place to protect you. So far, all of the top Bitcoin casino are licensed in Curaçao.
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
- Bitcoin Poker – Best Bitcoin Poker Sites for 2022 Bitcoin poker follows the same rules as regular online poker, while allowing players to enjoy their favourite card game anonymously using BTC for deposits and withdrawals. [toc] [bookmakertablelist id="36337"] [su_box...
- The Best Bitcoin Blackjack Online Casinos in 2022 Since its inception in 2009, the popularity of Bitcoin (BTC) in the online casino world has been ever-growing. Players are more likely to switch to Bitcoin as their preferred banking...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.