Best Online Casino Reviews for 2023: How the Magic Happens!
We are in the business of reviewing the top casino sites online, and we do so using a transparent 30-point rating system. Below, you can discover all the casinos we've reviewed, as well as more information about our process.
Best Online Casino Reviews for 2023
How We Rate the Best Online Casino Reviews
As passionate players ourselves, we understand the importance of accurate information when it comes to finding your favourite sites, so we have implemented objective ratings based on all the elements that make up an excellent gambling platform.
How do we do that? By relying on facts and data.
In a nutshell, our ratings are not influenced by personal preference but by solid, reliable information and what the gambling community has to say. We believe that a combination of industry knowledge and community reviews on platforms such as Reddit are the key to providing the best and most reliable online casino reviews.
Our ratings are based on market research, while our reviewers have years of experience to determine what makes a top casino. We take the same data-driven approach when reviewing all our online gambling sites.
To ensure comprehensive coverage, we break down online casino sites into different areas, like licensing, security, bonuses, games, software, payments, and more, and analyse each one separately. These individual areas are used to determine the overall rating.
Licensing, Safety & Security
When it comes to online casino gambling, the licence and jurisdiction under which the casino operates is a crucial factor in terms in ensuring them a place on our safe and secure online casinos list. The primary goal of these regulators is to protect players and ensure their safety while gambling online, so we take note of where the site is licensed in our online casino reviews.
It's safe to say that online casinos regulated by the MGA, the UKGC, one of the four Curaçaoan licensees, the Isle of Man, and the Gibraltar gambling authorities are trustworthy.
To ensure fair play, our reviewers also check if the online casinos have policies to ensure the safety of players’ deposits in place, such as separate funds, good RTP averages, and game auditing. The best casino reviews are given to those sites that are independently audited by external companies such as eCOGRA, iTech Labs, and GLI, and that make their monthly payout reports available to the public.
Casino bonuses can greatly increase a player's bankroll and the process of claiming one should be simple and straightforward. All our online casino reviews include a section dedicated to bonuses and we give a lot of importance to the specific terms and conditions attached to them.
We look for sites that offer welcome bonuses without high wagering requirements, ideally around 30x or 35x. The highest-ranking casinos also offer regular promotions for all players and a VIP scheme for their most loyal customers.
As an additional piece of advice, we can’t overstate how important it is to take the time to read the terms and conditions of any bonus before you decide to accept it. You may find that the minimum deposit requirement is too high for you, or the expiry term too short. We favour casinos with minimum deposit averages between £/$/€10 and £/$/€20, and an expiry window of 14 days to a month.
Reputation & Trustworthiness
Reputation goes a long way for our online casino reviews. Our experts check the site’s social media pages, community fora like Reddit, and even other casino comparison sites to find out what other players are saying. If we see a long list of complaints, we investigate further.
Games & Software
Don't underestimate the importance of software providers when it comes to online casino reviews. These are essentially the backbone of any online casino, and the gaming experience you get to enjoy is entirely due to the software providers behind it.
When you find a casino that has partnered up with top providers like Evolution, Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, Play’n GO, and others, it is a good sign that the site is trustworthy and worth depositing your money with. You will see their logo at the very bottom of the homepage, with their presence translating into an extensive lobby of casino games that includes top online slots, live casino games, table games, and other speciality areas.
On the other hand, if you find that a casino that only offers a handful of unknown providers, well, that is saying something, isn’t it? We always save our top casino reviews and recommendations for those that are clearly respected by big names in the industry. While we don't hesitate to recommend small providers that are doing an excellent job, it's challenging for them to make the list of the best casino software providers if they're new and have only a few games that can only be played in a few casinos.
When playing at online casinos, players want to be assured that their financial transactions are safe and secure. This means that the online casino should offer aa number of the best casino payment options, allowing players to choose the one that best suits their needs. High-quality and convenient options like credit and debit cards, e-wallets like PayPal, NETELLER and Skrill, and other options like bank transfers and cryptocurrencies are essential.
The deposit and withdrawal processes should also be smooth and straightforward, with minimal waiting time for processing. Our casino reviews check for fast and effective withdrawal times, including whether payouts occur on weekends. Bonus points for instant withdrawals or withdrawals in under 24 hours.
Efficient customer support is crucial for a good casino review. Players should, ideally, be able to reach support 24/7 through various channels such as live chat, email, or telephone. The support staff should be friendly and efficient in resolving any issues or answering any questions, and ideally communication should be available in different languages according to the casino’s operational markets.
Poor customer support can be a red flag for a low-quality online operator.
We also expect same-day email replies and responses to live chat in under 10 minutes for our highest-ranking casino reviews. As a new player, it's important to have access to reliable support, as technical difficulties and other problems can arise at any time during online gambling.
Mobile App or Intuitive Website
Being accessible across a range of mobile devices is crucial for a positive online casino review. Our experts check a set of criteria for gambling on the go, including whether the site optimises itself quickly to become one of the best mobile casinos, as well as whether it comes with a dedicated real-money gambling app that can be used on Apple and iOS devices.
One issue when using a mobile app to gamble is whether all the games are accessible via mobile, including live dealer casino games. Some sites offer a seamless experience between desktop and mobile, with the entire library replicated on mobile. These get our highest votes. Some game providers even create mobile-specific versions of their most popular games, such as NetEnt with its Touch series.
Responsible Gambling Tools
In our online casino reviews, we believe it's crucial to assess the commitment of the casino to responsible gambling practices. This includes evaluating the measures in place to prevent problematic behaviour and the resources available for those who may need help. The content and information of the responsible gambling section of each casino should include advice, tips, a self-assessment test, information about protecting minors, and details about the gambling tools available.
Additionally, a list of non-profit organisations dedicated to supporting individuals with gambling issues should be provided. These include GamCare for UK Players, or 800-Gambler for players in the US, for example. By offering such facilities, casinos can reassure players of a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.
Why Trust Top10-CasinoSites’ Reviews?
There are several factors that come into play when our experts are deciding whether or not to recommend a casino. The above set of overarching criteria is what shapes our guiding principles, but there’s more to it. After all, a set of good criteria that are executed poorly are no use.
Below, you will find a list of considerations that make our online casino review site a highly regarded gatekeeper for industry standards among veteran online gamblers.
- Real-life experts – Our reviews are written by real people with a genuine passion for online gambling. They all have several years of experience in the industry and, if you look them up, you are guaranteed to be pretty impressed. They know all about the world of online gambling and they all have their individual specialities. No bot- or, worse, casino-generated reviews for us.
- Transparent method – Our casino reviews are based on judgments that we make public. You will not find any fake reviews on our site, with five-star rating and nothing to support that rating. Our experts will explain the exact process they used to create their review, which elements they found lacking on the site, and which areas come with a stellar performance. That way, you will be able to figure out for yourself whether this is the casino for you.
- Responsible gambling – We give a lot of importance to responsible gambling, and we ensure that the sites that obtain our seal of approval do, too. But we do not stop there. We ourselves are firm believers, so much so that we have an entire section dedicated to responsible gambling. Visit the page for a more detailed guide, including about the warning signs of addiction, possible solutions and safety measures to take, how to find support, organisations that can help, and more.
- Consistency – Our casino reviews follow a consistent set of rules that are always applied to each operator we review, without exceptions. You will see that all our reviews follow the same format for consistency, making it easier for players to compare and contrast between two different operators. For example, let’s say you are into slots. All our reviews will give a detailed analysis of a casino’s slot offerings, so that you can decide which one is best for you. The same applies to payments, live casino, and so forth.
How to Choose the Best Reviewed Casino for You – Top Tips
Now that we have explained how we compile our casino reviews, you may also be wondering if you can do the same yourself by researching any sites you're interested in while applying our objective set of criteria. The answer is yes!
You can easily use our own reviews to inform your own decision with regards to other sites and to help you carry out your own research. Below, you will find a set of tips to get you started.
- Look at user reviews – This one is an easy one. There are a lot of sites with entire communities of players where you can see what real people are saying about the casino. You will even find various subreddits talking about different aspects of online gambling, such as online slots, live casino games, and even about the lists of best sites. Join the discussion, see what others say, and do not be afraid to put your own questions.
- Check their socials – There’s nothing like checking an operator’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to paint a pretty fast picture of whether the site deserves a good casino review. Is there frequent activity on the page? If the last post happened a few months ago, then this may be an indication that the operator has communication issues, which you do not want to find out after you make a deposit. What are people commenting under the posts and photos? Are there a lot of complaints? All these are factors that can help you decide whether an operator deserves your trust or not.
- Read bonus T&Cs – Go straight to the horse’s mouth and give the Terms & Conditions page a thorough read. Yes, we know it’s a pain. And you can rest assured that we have done that for you on our own casino reviews. But to decide whether a new casino is worth trying, you need to be familiar with all the fine print to avoid nasty surprises like high wagering requirements.
- Check the casino licence – We have already established that having a recognised licence by one of the top gambling regulators is a number-one priority for safety and security. If you are looking at an unfamiliar casino and you are wondering whether it is licensed, it is easy to find out the information.
- Try the free demos – Our top-rated casino reviews all offer players the chance to try out the free demo games before committing to the real-money versions. This is essential so you can get a feel of the site and find out whether it suits your gaming style. It also helps you practise and becoming familiar with new releases. On this site you will even find a list of free live dealer games with real croupiers that you can try out without the obligation of registering.
- Check the payout speed – So you have finally landed a win and you want to enjoy your hard-earned cash. We’re with you! Some casinos make withdrawals easier than others, so you want to check first is which withdrawal methods are accepted. Some sites will offer a multitude of deposit options, but only two or three withdrawals. Secondly, is there any fee charged for withdrawals? And thirdly, do you have to jump through hoops to get your money? Any site that takes longer than 48 hours to process your payment is not getting our custom.
What will it take to get a negative casino review with us? Well, we’re not monsters, but we do take a serious view if certain undesirable elements are present. We want to make sure that all operators recommended by Top10-CasinoSites.net will never disappoint a player, so if their site is not up to scratch, we will certainly let them know. Here is a set of facts that will lead our experts to withhold a positive casino review.
- Delayed payouts – Who wants to be made to wait for an unreasonably long period of time before being able to cash out their winnings? No-one, that’s who, and certainly not our reviewers. We will give full marks to any site that clears winnings either instantly or within 24 to 48 hours. Anything more than that tends to translate into deducted points.
- High wagering requirements – These are a necessary evil in the realm of casino bonuses, so we do understand why operators include them. However, they also need to make sense for players. Anything over 45x will be difficult to clear if you are a regular player, and our casino reviews reflect this.
- Slow customer support – When you deposit money at a site, you want to be 100% confident that if there are any unexpected issues they will be resolved fast. This is why we take a pretty dim view of any operators that do not offer speedy replies. Casinos that do not offer live chat are already at a disadvantage; if they make things worse by taking ages to reply to emails, our casino reviews will certainly reflect that.
- No licence – We know that we keep repeating this, but a casino licence is imperative. Any site that has not been given the green light by a reputable regulator will not receive a positive casino review from us, because we know that players will have no redress in the case of serious complaints.
Meet Our Team of Casino Review Experts
The Top10-CasinoSites team consists of a diverse group who have years of experience in the online casino industry: professional casino players, online payment specialists, technical and mobile developers, as well as experts in the gambling industry. We also have former casino staff members from gambling operators worldwide who bring their real-life experience and insights to our team.
Our team uses their combined knowledge and expertise to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information about online casinos. Our reviewers are transparent and use their real names, adding an extra layer of authenticity to the credentials and experience.
Are You A Casino That Wants To Get Listed?
If you are the owner of an online casino and you like what you see, get in touch to collaborate. We are always on the lookout for new casinos to review. All you need to do is click on the button below to submit your casino. Our team of reviewers will evaluate all requests and, who knows, yours might be the next top-rated casino review on our site!