Top Online Casinos in Sweden in 2022 – Best Casinos in Sweden
Sweden’s online gambling market has flourished ever since its worldwide legalisation and regularisation in 2019. Let’s check out the details on the best online casinos in Sweden, and how they came to be in our Top10-CasinoSites overview!
- Top Online Casino Sweden Sites 2022
- Online Gambling in Sweden Through the Years
- Are Swedish Online Casinos Licensed?
- The Latest News for Online Casinos in Sweden
- Sweden Online Casino Licensing
- A Guide to Playing at an Online Casino in Sweden
- Safety & Security at Swedish Online Casinos
- Top Games at the Best Sweden Online Casinos
- Casino Bonuses at Online Swedish Casinos
- Payment Methods at Swedish Online Casinos
- Swedish Banks Offering BankID
- Land-based Casinos in Sweden
- Best Swedish Online Casinos Summary
- Sweden Casinos FAQs
Top Online Casino Sweden Sites 2022
100% Bonus up to €500 + 200 Free Spins
CasinoFriday Review Play
125% up to €600
€1,000,000 Monthly Prizes
iBet Casino Review Play
350 Free Spins
Winnerz Casino Play
€2,000 Welcome Package + 200 Free Spins
1000 Kr Welcome Bonus
Race Casino Play
10% Cashback on all Crypto Deposits
Mystake Casino Review Play
€500 Deposit Bonus + 250 Free Spins
Cobra Casino Play
Welcome package up to €1,000
260% Up to €3500 + 250 Free Spins
iWild Casino Play
100 kr Welcome Bonus
Frank Casino Review Play
100kr Welcome Bonus
€1000 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins
€1000 Welcome Package
€300 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins
Slot Hunter Casino Play
50 Welcome Free Spins
100 Welcome Free Spins
Casino Planet Play
100kr Welcome Bonus
Hyper Casino Play
100 kr Welcome Bonus
200 Free Spins
Casinostugan Casino Play
Online Gambling in Sweden Through the Years
Gambling is legal in Sweden. Of course, there’s a lot to unpack behind this brief response. In fact, gambling in Sweden was not a straightforward affair for a number of years.
Indeed, until 1st January 2019, the government had a virtual monopoly on most forms of land-based as well as online gambling sites Sweden.
Only the state-owned Svenska Spel had been given the official go-ahead to operate Swedish online gambling sites, offer sports betting, and provide players with any other types of gambling games.
The Swedish Gambling Act of 2019 allowed non-government companies to apply for gambling licences while giving the government the power to protect its citizens from excessive gambling and other pitfalls.
This Gambling Act did gave looking to play at the best online casinos in Sweden over 100 government-approved companies to choose from.
Are Swedish Online Casinos Licensed?
The gambling laws in Sweden require online gambling websites that want to operate legally in the country to have a Swedish licence. This means complying with a special regulations set out by the Swedish Gambling Authority (Spelinspektionen).
- Must limit the number and the size of bonuses offered to players;
- Must prevent their players from going over their deposit limits,
- Must give a three-second cooling-off period to their players in between spins on online slots; and
- Must verify its players’ identity through BankID or Mobile BankID, among other things.
Gambling websites licensed in foreign jurisdictions, including Malta, Curaçao, or Cyprus, cannot directly advertise to Swedish players, cannot allow Swedish players to use their platform, and cannot be accessed by Swedish players in Sweden.
The Latest News for Online Casinos in Sweden
There has been some uncertainty over the Swedish gambling world. Over the span of 3 years there have been more changes to the regulations than there were over the preceding 17 years combined.
Recently, the Swedish government brought new restrictions due to recent events, which have since been rolled back. These included restrictions on the maximum allowable bonus amount, along with making players set time limits for themselves.
Sweden Online Casino Licensing
Online casinos without a proper Swedish licence cannot legally accept players. It is the unlicensed websites that are prosecuted if they market themselves to Swedish players, rather than the players themselves.
A Guide to Playing at an Online Casino in Sweden
Given you are at least 18 years old and have a Swedish BankID or a Mobile BankID, you can play at the best online casinos in Sweden.
The 100+ licensed online casinos Sweden have all the popular games, including slots, roulette, poker, baccarat, blackjack, craps and more. Check out our list of recommendations above to select from some of the top Sweden online casinos!
|🏆 Best Online Casino SE||Hyper Casino|
|🔥 Fast Payout Casino SE||Casumo|
|🥇 Top Live Casino SE||CasinoCasino|
|⭐️ Best Casino Games SE||Twin Casino|
We’ll get to how we chose them a few points down, but first, let’s go through how to play at these licensed gambling sites step by step!
- Find a casino licensed by the Swedish Gambling Authority (Spelinspektionen).
Feel free to choose one from our list above to make your life easier. We’ll explain how to find one for yourself below.
- Create an account with your chosen online casino in Sweden.
Fill in the registration form on the site using your BankID or Trustly Pay N Play. The information required may include your first and last name, home address, email address, and social security number. You will also need to create a password and confirm these details via an email sent by the website itself.
- Verify your identity.
To do this, they may ask you to use your BankID, Mobile BankID, or your bank’s security key (internetdosa). You can use these as you normally would to access your bank account.
- Set your deposit limit.
Swedish casino sites will have an easy accessible deposit limit feature which can help you gamble more responsibly.
- Make your first deposit.
Swedish casino sites can only offer one bonus, so now is the time to claim it! After that, you can start playing all your favourite games!
Safety & Security at Swedish Online Casinos
Thankfully, safety and security has been taken seriously throughout the gambling world, and particularly in Sweden. This makes playing online casino slots safer and more enjoyable.
So, what should you look out for?
- Look for a lock icon next to the website’s URL in your browser’s address bar. This icon signifies that a casino is SSL-encrypted, which in turn ensures that the information exchanged between you and the casino (and vice versa) is not viewable by any third parties.
- Check the licence, licence number, address, and operator. This ensures that the casino is in date and valid. Any additional licenses the casino holds will tell you about the legal requirements it is abiding by.
- Look for any additional logos. Test lab certificates mean the casino has had its random number generator (RNG) tested. Payment method logos like Visa, paysafecard or e-wallets like PayPal, can only be used with the permission of the companies in question. So they act somewhat like a stamp of approval for a casino.
Responsible Gambling at Sweden Online Casinos
All Sweden casino sites need to have a Swedish licence to operate legally. This licence also has many responsible gambling requirements which operators must satisfy. These include:
- Accessible casino deposit limits.
- Visible time spent gambling.
- Part of the self-exclusion network.
- One casino bonus per player.
- Implementing a detailed KYC check.
What’s this self-exclusion network?
This is a clever feature that all Swedish online casinos have, which is intended to help players play online casino games more responsibly.
Players can decide to take a break from a casino by opting to “self-exclude” themselves from playing. This way, they will also be prevented from playing at other Swedish casino sites. This is very useful for problem gamblers.
Swedish online casinos have ‘one bonus per player’?
The Swedish licence also stipulates that licensees can offer only one casino bonus to their players throughout the whole relationship.
The terms and conditions of the singular bonus have to be clearly visible to help players make a more informed choice. Of course, players are welcome to join more than one casino and to get a bonus from each one.
Sweden’s gambling laws mean that all casinos with a Swedish gambling licence must verify each and every new user by means of a detailed compliance process.
This can be done through examining information from the players’ BankID, Mobile BankID, or bank’s security key (internetdosa).
While this may seem a little excessive to some, all of these requirements aim to keep players safe by preventing them from playing with money they can’t afford to lose, as well as barring gambling sites from predatory practices.
How to Choose the Best Online Casino in Sweden
We’ve saved you the time and hassle of narrowing down the best online casinos in Sweden with our above list.
For those of you who would rather conduct their own research, or want to see what else is out there, the points below should help you make better informed decisions.
- Check for a Swedish Casino Licence
If you are trying to access an online casino in Sweden, then it’s important to remember that only gambling sites licensed by the Swedish Gambling Authority (Spelinspektionen) are legal in the country.
- Check the Casino’s Fairness Certification
Fairness certifications by independent testing boards like iTech Labs, GLI, and eCOGRA add an extra layer of peace of mind, confirming that the site’s RNG (random number generator) is fair and truly random.
- Check the Bonus and the Terms & Conditions
Legally, Swedish gambling websites can only offer players one bonus. Of course, never take a bonus at face value, as these always come with terms and conditions that can include wagering requirements.
- Check the Games Selection and Providers
Safety is, of course, extremely important, but you’ll also want to join a casino that offers the best games around. Look for online casinos Sweden stocking casino games like NetEnt games, Evolution Gaming games, Novomatic games, Playtech slots, Wazdan slots, Pragmatic Play slot games.
The majority of these companies’ games, in fact, have amazing graphics, sounds and themes, and often come with a certified RNG.
- Check the Available Payment Methods
Making sure that your chosen casino accepts a payment method that suits your needs and wants will save you a lot of hassle later on. The majority of players at Swedish casinos online prefer to use Swish, which we explore further down, but other types of payment methods including credit cards and e-wallets can be used.
Top Games at the Best Sweden Online Casinos
When it comes to game developers, Sweden is perhaps best known for NetEnt, one of the largest game providers around. This company has not only created dozens of award-winning games, but it has also become renowned for its progressive jackpots.
Casino Bonuses at Online Swedish Casinos
Welcome bonuses are intended to attract new customers to signing up to the casino offering the bonus. These often include some sort of match or percentage bonus, which will offer you an amount in bonus cash alongside your first deposit. Promotions also frequently include free spins, allowing you to play on some of your favourite slots.
As we mentioned earlier, a Swedish casino is only allowed to give each of its players one bonus ever. That raises the stakes for finding the best Sweden casino bonus quite significantly.
However, while most Swedish casino promotions tend to be sign-up bonuses – also known as welcome bonuses – these can still come in quite the variety.
Payment Methods at Swedish Online Casinos
Depositing and withdrawing money from an online casinos in Sweden is an easy enough process. In fact, Swedish players have many methods available. Check out some of the payment methods available at the best Swedish online gambling sites below:
Swedish Banks Offering BankID
So who actually supports this BankID system? While our list below is not exhaustive, it does include all the major Swedish banks offering the service.
- Svenska Handelsbanken
- Länsförsäkringar Bank
- Sparbanken Syd
- Danske Bank
- Ikano Bank
- ICA Banken
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when using BankID:
- Sign-up requests usually take up to 2 days before approval.
- A mobile app is required for BankID payments.
- BankID requires personal details and verification through an activation and QR code.
How to Deposit to Online Casinos in Sweden Using BankID
Once set up, BankID is incredibly easy to make deposits with. Simply follow the step-by-step process below:
- Go to the cashier or payments section of your preferred BankID casino and select ‘BankID’.
- Enter the amount to transfer, confirm, and the funds will be deposited.
- That's it. You can start playing!
How to Withdraw from Online Casinos in Sweden using BankID
Withdrawing funds from your casino account using BankID is just as simple as depositing them!
- In the cashier or payments section of your account, click on the BankID option for withdrawals.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer from your casino account to your BankID account.
- Confirm and presto! You're done.
The funds will generally be transferred in a few minutes, barring the occasional exceptions.
Trustly Pay N Play – Quick Registration Swedish Casinos
Trustly Pay N Play is revolutionary in the world of online casinos. It allows players to play at Trustly casinos without the need to sign up or register. When using Trustly Pay N Play to make a deposit, Trustly will then send your verification info to the casino alongside the deposit itself, thus confirming your identity and the transaction at the same time.
All this is incredibly quick, simple, and has been given the seal of approval by both the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority and all the participating banks.
Land-based Casinos in Sweden
Land-based gambling in Sweden has been legal since 1994, with currently four brick-and-mortar casinos in operation. These can be found in Stockholm, Malmö, Sundsvall and Gothenburg.
To enter such an establishment, you need to be at least 20 years of age. Inside, you’ll find the majority of games you expect to find at most casinos!
The best part about being a Swedish casino player is that, as you’ve read, you’re not limited to just these land-based establishments – a whole world of casino games for Swedish players is online for you to explore!
Best Swedish Online Casinos Summary
It's time to pick a casino. That’s an easy enough task – check out the best online casinos in Sweden above or scroll back to the section discussing how to choose the best best casino Sweden. We bid you farewell, and have fun!
Sweden Casinos FAQs
Yes, both land-based and online gambling are legal in Sweden. For the latter, it is important to remember that players in Sweden can only play at trusted casinos with a Swedish licence. Gambling at casinos registered in foreign jurisdictions (even if they are in the EU) is considered illegal.
Yes you can – however, due to the law, a Sweden casino online can only offer their players one casino bonus only.
Well, they’re the same as at any other casino, meaning slots, roulette, poker, baccarat and blackjack. Live casino and sports betting are also big in the Nordic state.
Technically no, but since the laws state that only casinos licensed by the Swedish Gambling Authority can be accessed in Sweden, then it is still an offence.
Online gambling in Sweden is open to users aged 18 or over. Land-based casinos, meanwhile, require players to be at least 20 years of age.
Simply set up a BankID with your Swedish bank, set up the app, and then input your details in the cashier section of your BankID casino. We’ve got a full step-by-step explanation of how this needs to be done in the main article.
- Best Real Money Slots 2022 | No Deposit Slots & More! Everybody loves a good round on the best real money slots available. Whether looking for the slots with the highest payout, or real money slots with no deposit required,...
- The Benefits of Playing Free Play Casino Games Online Free play casino online games allow you to practise your gameplay whilst having a great time! In this article, we’ve compiled everything you need to know about free play...
- An Overview of BF Games and the Top BF Slots Casinos of 2022 Perhaps not as widely recognised as other casino software developers, such as Microgaming or Playtech, this hasn’t stopped BF Games from becoming a preferred choice for many within the...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.