Reload Bonus – Jumpstart Your Game Session with Extra Cash in 2022
A reload bonus is a type of casino bonus awarded only to existing players who have made at least one successful cash deposit on the platform.
What Is a Reload Bonus?
A reload bonus is a reward offered to existing players on an online casino or poker room after they have already deposited. It's mean to entice them to return and wager more on the platform.
Top 10 Casinos With Fantastic Reload Bonuses in 2022
Daily Promotions CalendarPlay * more terms & conditions apply
60% Bonus Match + 20 Spins Every TuesdayPlay * more terms & conditions apply
Friday Reload Bonus 50% up to €/$250 + 100 Free SpinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
€2,000 Welcome package + 200 Free spinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
50% Reload Bonus up to €300Play * more terms & conditions apply
6BTC or $1,200 Welcome PackagePlay * more terms & conditions apply
30% Weekly Reload Bonus + 30 SpinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
How Do Reload Bonus Offers Work?
Once the player has signed up and made a first deposit on a new online casino, they will usually also claim a first deposit welcome offer. When they do so successfully, they automatically become eligible for any reload bonuses the casino may include in the overall welcome package.
Some casinos may offer a matched first deposit bonus of 100% up to £500, followed by reload bonuses of 50% up to £100 and 50% up to £50 for the second and third deposits.
Others may offer free spins after the player has successfully deposited multiple times on the platform to reward their loyalty. In this case, the spins are only available for specific slot games and may or may not have additional wagering requirements.
If bonus funds are credited as part of reload offers, the bonus will represent a percentage of the funds you’ve deposited, similar to what they would in a welcome bonus.
The difference is that casinos can give you reload bonuses randomly, as part of the welcome package or seasonal offers – depending on their policy, instead of just a one-off when you become a member.
Who Can Get a Reload Bonus?
Reload bonuses are only available to existing customers who have deposited on the platform at least once. They are a tool used by online casinos to boost player loyalty after registration, as well as bring inactive players back.
Some reload bonuses can only be claimed during specific intervals – namely: weekend reload bonuses, weekly reload bonuses, holiday, birthday or happy hour reload bonuses.
Others may require you to insert a promotional code with your deposit for the bonus to be credited to your account. This will be detailed in the terms & conditions, in the mobile app or directly on the offer page, so it should be easy to spot.
Promo codes for the best reload bonuses usually contain bold letters and suggestive descriptors, such as “RELOAD50” or “BONUS500”.
How To Claim a Reload Bonus in Just a Few Easy Steps
Looking to claim a casino reload bonus and don’t know where to start? We've put together an easy guide below:
- Find an online casino that offers reload bonuses (you can find some suggestions in our table above).
- If you’re a new player, you need to register and make a first deposit for a reload bonus casino to become available. If you’re an existing player, make sure your account is active and in good standing.
- Head over to the reload bonus offer page.
- Carefully read the terms & conditions.
- Opt for the offer manually.
- Insert promo code in a designated field or contact customer support to credit you with the bonus (only if required).
- Meet wagering requirements.
- Cash out.
As opposed to welcome bonuses that can only be claimed once, at registration, multiple reload bonuses – such as weekly reload offers – can be claimed by the same player.
Therefore, they are a great tool to get free spins and extra bonus funds for your casino account.
Reload Bonus Terms and Conditions
As with any casino bonus, it’s very important to read the fine print before attempting to claim it. Luckily, we’re here to dive into the most common terms and conditions that come with casino reload bonuses and clarify what they mean:
- Wagering requirements – Since operators tend to offer lower percentages for a reload casino bonus (25, 50 or 75% on average), the wagering terms are usually lower and easier to meet (e.g. 30x-40x).
- Minimum deposit – As previously mentioned, a reload offer only becomes active once you’ve successfully completed a first deposit. Casinos will impose a minimum deposit limit (a small sum, such as £10) that you have to meet to be eligible for reload offers.
- Eligible deposit methods – Some reload bonuses are only available if you deposit through particular payment methods (e.g. cryptocurrency casinos use their particular payment methods). E-wallets (Skrill/NETELLER/PayPal) are usually excluded from reload offers. Always check the terms and conditions to be sure.
- Maximum win limits – As an online casino reload bonus is smaller in value than a welcome bonus, the maximum win limits will also be more restrictive (e.g. 50% up to £50).
- Expiration date – Even the best reload bonus is time sensitive, which is why, if you haven’t met the terms and conditions in the specified date (e.g. 24 hours), the bonus funds will expire.
- Eligible games – Some reload bonuses, particularly free spins, are only available for a specific game – usually a popular online slot (e.g. Book of Dead) or a selection of games from the same provider. Some game types such as video poker or roulette may be excluded altogether and not count for the rollover requirements.
- Player type – Some reload offers are only available to players with a specific status on the platform (e.g. VIP/high-roller reload bonuses).
Keep in mind that, if any of the above seem unreasonable to you, you also have the option of opting out of the bonus.
Others make their reload offers even more attractive by keeping them predictable and recurring (e.g. Monday reload bonuses).
Reload Bonuses – Pros and Cons
A reload offer is a great way to get more value on top of your initial deposit, but does it provide enough bang for your buck? Let’s see:
- Boosts your bankroll
- Often part of VIP/loyalty programmes
- Comes in many forms (free spins, cash etc.)
- Easy to find, as it’s offered by most casinos
- Multiple different reload bonuses can be claimed by the same player
- Awarded in smaller percentages than other bonuses
- Not available to new players unless they make a first deposit
Reload bonuses offer plenty of perks to casino operators and players alike.
They are a great marketing tool to bring inactive players back and a fantastic way for existing players to get more value out of their multiple deposits on the platform.
Moreover, they have a little something to offer every player category (e.g. free spins for slots fans, free bets, cashback for live dealer games, exclusive reload bonuses for high rollers).
Because they are recurring, players can also claim multiple different reload offers weekly or monthly, as opposed to a welcome bonus that is only available once at sign-up.
A reload bonus is a promotion that can be claimed by an existing player, which will award his account with a deposit match bonus or free spins.
A reload offer is aimed at existing players only. For that reason, the only way a new player can access a reload bonus is if that bonus is included in a welcome package and they make a deposit first. Once they do, the reload bonus gets unlocked.
Yes, unless specified otherwise in the terms and conditions of the bonus. Some reload offers may exclude e-wallets from their list of eligible payment methods (e.g. Skrill, NETELLER).
The wagering requirements for reload bonuses depend on each casino’s policy but they typically range from 30x to 40x.
Reload is a term used when players add more cash to an existing online poker account. Some poker enthusiasts specifically wait for casinos to entice them with a reload bonus before they decide to invest again on the platform.
Reload bonus percentages offered by online casinos range from 25% to 75% on average. Typically, they are lower than 100%.
- Best Online Casino Bonuses 2022 | Best Casino Bonus Promotions It’s difficult not to judge a book by its cover. With casino sites, their cover comes in the form of the best and most alluring online casino bonuses they...
- Best Casino Welcome Bonus: No Deposit Bonus, Free Spins, & More A casino welcome bonus is a reward given to new players who join a casino for the first time. There are so many different variations of sign-up bonuses, such...
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
I’ve been writing for the online casino industry for over 2 years now. During this time, I became passionate about player-centric content, especially slot and brand reviews.