The Best Online Casinos Europe 2022
The best online casinos in Europe are those that have a legitimate licence, and which also provide a wide array of games, generous bonuses, and have great security features. Keep reading to discover our favourite, legal and licensed online casinos in Europe .
- Our Top List of Online Casino Europe
- An Overview of the Best European Online Casinos
- Laws Governing Online Casinos in Europe
- How to Sign Up to the Best Online Casinos Europe
- Games at Euro Casinos
- The Best Bonuses at Online Casinos Europe
- Payments at European Online Casinos
- The Best European Gambling Licenses
- Safety & Security at Online Casinos in Europe
- How We Rate Our Top European Casinos
- European Online Casinos Conclusion
- Online Casinos Europe FAQs
Our Top List of Online Casino Europe
up to €2,000 + 200 FS
€200 Welcome Bonus + 200 Free Spins
CasinoFriday Review Play
150% Bonus up to €750
Frank Casino Review Play
500 Free Spins
Netbet Casino Review Play
Enter the exclusive code 10BACKTOP10CS when signing up to enable the 10% instant rakeback
Stake Casino Review Play
€1000 Welcome Bonus
3 Welcome Bonuses
Cadabrus Casino Play
€500 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins
Bonuses & Free Spins to 3 Deposits
Mr Bit Casino Review Play
7 Welcome Bonus Offers To Choose From
7Signs Casino Play
€500 Bonus + 200 Free Spins
€500 Welcome Bonus + 100 Free Spins
€500 + 300 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
An Overview of the Best European Online Casinos
The European online gambling landscape is vast, with dozens of countries creating laws to regulate the hundreds of casinos that cater to the particular continent.
However, regardless of where you are in Europe, you can often expect casinos to have a Europe-derived license, to offer a great experience on most fronts.
It's important to keep in mind that each nation has its own gambling laws and rules. Before signing up to an online casino in Europe, always read up about online gambling laws in your specific country.
We have detailed reviews for most of these, and they will tell you where it is legal to play, and what you can legally bet money on.
Laws Governing Online Casinos in Europe
Each nation in Europe has its own gambling regulations which its citizens must follow. Here are several of them at a glance.
How to Sign Up to the Best Online Casinos Europe
Are you ready to join one of the best online casinos in Europe and start gambling with euros? This step-by-step guide on how to do so should help make it a breeze.
- Be sure to check that the casino is trustworthy and licensed.
- Head to the Euro casino online and initiate the signing-up process.
- Fill in your information, usually including first and last names, date of birth and so on.
- The online casino Europe may send you a confirmation email or a code by SMS and you may have to verify your identity.
- That's it! You can make your first deposit, claim your bonus, and start playing.
How to Deposit in Euro Online Casinos
- Sign up to a Europe casino from our list.
- Head to the Cashier/Banking section of the casino and click on ‘Deposit’.
- Choose a payment method, follow the instructions, and enter the amount you’d like to deposit.
- Most payment methods will affect the transaction instantly, so you can start playing online casino games straight away!
How to Withdraw Your Winnings from Online Casinos Europe
- Log into your casinos online Europe account, and head to the Cashier/Banking section.
- Click on ‘Withdrawals’ and choose your preferred method.
- Follow the instructions and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Once done, hit ‘Confirm’.
- Your funds should appear in your account, depending on the option selected and the casino itself.
Games at Euro Casinos
Players at the best online casino Europe have access to a wide range of online casino games. In fact, you’ll feel completely spoilt for choice. Here are some options for players to consider.
Any casino online in Europe will have lots of online real money slots to play. Megaways™ and Megaclusters™ slots, for example, have an updated mechanism that makes them even more engaging and fun.
Live Casino is popular across Europe. Here, you can play all your favourite table games, like live roulette, live blackjack, and live baccarat. These are overseen by a real-life dealer who will communicate with you and make sure things run smoothly.
The live dealer section at most European online casinos will often also carry numerous live game shows. Games here can include Monopoly Live, Deal or No Deal? Live, Dream Catcher First Person, Crazy Time Live, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and Football Studio.
Poker games at euro casinos online usually come in two formats: either live Poker, in which the players will play against other players or a dealer, or video poker, which is played against a computer.
Roulette is a popular pastime with players all across Europe. In fact, you’ll find many variants of the game, including the European, American, and French versions, and others that have been created specifically for online casinos in Europe like 1c/p Roulette!
Blackjack is another staple at casino sites for European players. In this game, you need to acquire a hand that totals higher than the dealers, but which doesn't exceed 21.
The Best Bonuses at Online Casinos Europe
Players at the best online casinos in Europe will have access to some of the best bonuses out there. These can range in shape and scope, so we explore the differences below.
It’s important to note that matter where you live, if you’re going to take up a bonus, then you should always read the Terms & Conditions first.
Welcome bonuses are among the most common and popular bonuses at both online and mobile EU casinos. These normally take the shape of matches on your first or even subsequent deposits (for example, a 100% match up to a certain amount).
Free spins are another popular type of bonus that often allows you to try out pre-selected video slots. Some have no wagering requirements, meaning that you get to keep your winnings without having to wager them again.
A reload bonus is when the online casino in Europe gives you free spins or matches the amount you deposit up on your second, third, and/or fourth deposits.
Cashback bonuses see your casino give you a percentage of your net losses or deposit money back, with 5 to 10% being the usual figure. This is a fabulous way of ensuring that you never fully outspend your budget.
A VIP bonus may be offered, based on points acquired when one deposits and plays money at the best online casinos in Europe. The higher your status, the bigger the rewards will be.
These rewards can include bonuses and higher cashback rates, as well as free trips, tickets to events, and gifts. The most exclusive VIP casino clubs are invitation-only affairs.
Some casinos have loyalty programs where players who deposit and play often (but aren’t considered VIPs) also receive points. These can then be redeemed for loyalty bonuses or even perks.
No Deposit Bonus
A no deposit bonus will see you receive either a small sum of money or free spins without having to make a deposit. Even so, such bonuses usually come with higher wagering requirements.
Payments at European Online Casinos
Playing at casinos online real money Europe requires you to make a deposit. Winning, meanwhile, requires you to make a withdrawal. But how is it all done? And what payment methods are accepted and safe?
European players are quite lucky when it comes to accepted payment methods. In fact, the options here are both diverse and safe!
Debit & Credit Cards
The most popular way of depositing money to any online casino Europe is by using your debit or credit card. On top of being safe, the money should appear in your account within moments. Withdrawals, however, can take up to a few days to be affected.
Most European online casinos accept e-wallets, which are virtual accounts that are not connected to any bank account. This makes them safer and keeps transactions off your bank statements.
The most commonly accepted ewallets at online casino Europe are NETELLER, Skrill, ecoPayz, TrustPay, and Klarna.
Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that can be used to play at cryptocoin casinos. Transactions using these currencies are super safe thanks to blockchain technology, and they are also instantaneous (even withdrawals).
Digital currencies vary according to online casino Europe. These include Bitcoin casions, Bitcoin Cash casinos, Ethereum gambling sites, Litecoin gambling sites, Dogecoin gaming websites, Tether gaming websites, amongst many others. UK players will not find such services at UKGC-licensed online casinos.
Direct Bank Transfer
Though this is the absolute safest payment method of all, direct bank transfers can be time-consuming to set up and it may take up to five business days for the money to go through.
Digital Mobile Wallets & Pay By Phone
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and MuchBetter are three digital wallets that are commonly accepted by online casinos in Europe. These are extremely quick and safe to use. Nevertheless, this type of payment method is can usually only be used for deposits and not withdrawals.
The Best European Gambling Licenses
Europe is home to some of the world’s most respected gambling licenses, the most important of which we look at below.
Safety & Security at Online Casinos in Europe
Gambling at a legal online casino in Europe means that you will always be protected, because the best European online casinos:
- have a license from a reputable, European jurisdiction that holds casinos accountable when it comes to legality, fairness, responsible gambling, and more.
- are affiliated with world-renowned and trusted payment partners and gaming suppliers.
- often have fairness certification from independent testing boards like iTech Labs, GLI, and eCOGRA, which confirms their algorithm is truly random.
- will place a lot of importance on responsible gambling by giving you the opportunity to take time-outs, self-exclude, set deposit limits, and ask for reality checks, among other things.
How We Rate Our Top European Casinos
When we’re putting together our lists, we put a lot of focus on all the important factors that affect players. Speaking of important factors, check out our list below:
- Licence: If the casino doesn’t have the right licence, we simply leave it out.
- Reputation: Should the casino have a lot of negative reviews, then we take that into consideration.
- Game Variety: An online casino in Europe needs to have plenty of gaming options to make it onto our list!
- Customer Support: If customer support isn’t responsive, we leave the casino out.
- Mobile Availability: With more players accessing online casinos from their phones, knowing the casino caters to mobile players is crucial.
- Security & Responsible Gambling: We believe that casinos should protect their players in every possible way. If the casino doesn’t, we leave it off our list.
European Online Casinos Conclusion
European players are literally spoilt for choice when it comes to the casinos they can play at. Our only further recommendation is to play responsibly and to always stick to the law of the country you live in. Apart from that: enjoy it!
Online Casinos Europe FAQs
A good online casino Europe is one that has a licence from a reputable jurisdiction, offers players loads of games, and has a good mix of payment methods. Good customer support plays a big part here, too.
Although the euro is the most common currency accepted at online casinos Europe, a number of these casinos accept other currencies. These include GBP, NOK, SEK, RUB, CHF, and PLN. Some casinos also accept cryptocurrencies like BTC.
While not all European online casinos accept cryptocurrencies, some do!
If the casino has a good license, then it should be safe. Of course, accessing casinos through websites like ours gives you an added layer of safety, as we vet all casinos before suggesting them.
This depends on two factors: the casino you signed up to and the payment method you opted for. For faster withdrawals, use cryptocurrencies or ewallets, rather than bank transfers.
Yes, most European online casinos require a form of identification to validate your account.
So far, the European online casino market has not been affected by the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Nevertheless, this could change if the EU decided to restrict, or impose higher tax rates on, online casinos that are based in the UK but which cater to European players.
- UAE Online Casinos 2022: Your Full Guide The vibrant and luxurious cities of UAE, such as Dubai and Abu Dhabi, aren’t the Las Vegas of the Middle East, as gambling is completely banned. Despite this, many...
- Casinos by Country – Explore The Best Casino Sites in Your Region For 2022 Gambling transcends all borders in [getYear], with your favourite casino games being accessible from anywhere now that almost everyone has a computer or mobile device. Discover our guide to...
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
Iggy Fenech is a well-known contributor to many local magazines. His career as a casino content writer spans a number of years and includes writing blog posts for the Malta iGaming Seminar 2014, content for the Malta Gaming Authority’s website, and SEO-enabled text for casino websites.