Best Ethereum Casinos in 2023 | ETH Guide
Ethereum is one of the biggest cryptocurrencies in the world, second only to Bitcoin. Due to its widespread acceptance, privacy, and security, many casino enthusiasts have started using it for gambling online. So, are you ready to explore all the benefits of Ethereum casinos? Find out how below!
- Top Ethereum Casino Sites for 2023
- The Best Ethereum Casinos
- What Is Ethereum, Anyway?
- How Does Ethereum Work?
- What Are Ethereum Casinos?
- Choosing the Best Ethereum Gambling Site
- How To Get Started With Ethereum Casinos
- Ethereum Casino Games
- Ethereum Casino Bonuses– Tracking & Claiming the Best Ones
- How Do You Buy Ethereum?
- Pros & Cons of Ethereum Online Casinos
- Ethereum Casino Alternatives
- Ethereum Casinos – Our Verdict
- Ethereum Casinos FAQs
Top Ethereum Casino Sites for 2023
- One of the best ETH casinos
- iTech Labs certified
- Original BC games to play using ETH
The Best Ethereum Casinos
Are you looking for the ultimate Ethereum casino reviews to cover all your bases and make informed decisions? We’ve done the heavy lifting for you, and have taken a deep dive into the most promising places for ETH gambling. To compile our list below, we’ve followed specific criteria, such as licensing, reputation on the market, games, and bonus amount.
Rocketpot Casino delights new players with a substantial welcome pack of 100% up to $10,000.
The minimum deposit requirement here is 1mBTC (0.001 BTC). Any top-up below this amount will be lost, and not qualify for any offer. To find out more, go over the full terms & conditions.
As we explore in our Rocketpot Casino review, the site accepts an impressive range of digital currencies for deposits and withdrawals, including ETH, BTC, TRON, DOGE, and ADA. And, once your account is up-and-running, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by an outstandingly diverse games portfolio, counting 3,000+ online slots, 300+ table games, and several live casino tables. Loyal customers also receive 10% cashback on all their wagers.
- Rocketpot Originals (e.g. roulette, Plinko, crash games)
- VIP programme
- Fully regulated platform, licensed in Curaçao
- No free spins at registration
- Site only available in English
BitStarz has pioneered the concept of multi-currency online casinos. To cater to the needs of all players, it currently supports transactions using debit cards, e-wallets and several cryptocurrencies (e.g. ETH, BTC, XRP, LTC, BCH).
ETH transactions incur absolutely no fees and are processed instantly. The welcome offer is particularly competitive, with new players unlocking up to $2,000 or 5BTC+ 180 Free Spins if four eligible deposits are made. The minimum deposit is $/€/CAD 20. The bonus funds and the winnings derived from free spins come with a 40x wagering requirement. To find out more, we recommend that you read the bonus terms and conditions.
As we explain in our BitStarz casino review, the main highlights to note are that this page provides access to over 2,000+ Bitcoin slots, as well as original games, jackpot slots, live casino, and provably fair games.
Should you run into any issues, the BitStarz customer support service is available 24/7 on live chat, and recognised in the industry for its fast response rate.
If you become a regular, you’ll be spoiled with a wide range of level-up rewards, mystery prizes, and VIP perks. Another important benefit is that players can purchase cryptocurrency straight from the site, via debit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
- Massive welcome package
- Platform available in 5 languages
- ETH and other cryptocurrencies directly from site
- Some bonuses are restricted based on location
mBit Casino has a funky and playful design that is based on an original character, who is shaped like a coin and guides you on your casino journey.
As you can see from our mBit casino review, the site offers a great first deposit bonus, consisting of a 75% reload bonus up to 1 BTC (or equivalent in other cryptocurrencies) and 75 free spins. To get it, you must top-up at least $50 or 0.0015 BTC, and opt in from the deposit page. You can also get the offer in ETH, BCH, LTC, DOGE, USDT, and XRP. There is a 40x wagering requirement in place for the bonus funds, which you must fulfil over seven days. Find out more by checking out the complete list of terms and conditions.
If you maintain a constant level of activity on the platform, you can also redeem other excellent bonuses, such as daily VIP perks, loyalty rewards, seasonal races with prizes in BTC, and referral bonuses if you decide to share the fun with a friend.
The platform hosts a varied selection of more than 3,900 games, including video slots, bonus buy slots, dice, video poker, and 800+ other table games. Each title can also be tried for free, without registration, and there’s a quick deposit feature that allows you to add funds straight from the slot window. The content is powered by over 35 esteemed software providers, such as Red Tiger Gaming, NetEnt, and NoLimit City.
- Three deposit bonuses for new players
- Loyalty programme with daily cashback
- 1,000+ video slots
- No mobile app
The platform connects players to 2,500+ games, ranging from classic video slots like Book of Dead and Gates of Olympus, to exciting instant win games. The latter are a hit on crypto gambling sites in particular and include titles like hi/lo, goal, dice, Aviator, Mines, and keno.
To get started on the right foot, after registration, you can claim a 100% welcome bonus up to €500. Because it’s a non-sticky bonus, your deposit and the bonus funds are separate, so you can play with the former without any bonus wagering kicking in. The maximum bet allowed with an active bonus is €5, and there’s a 40x wagering requirement in place for the welcome bonus. To clear the bonus, slots contribute 100%, several live casino game shows contribute 50%, while the other live games and table games have a 0% contribution. For more details, take a look at the terms & conditions.
Another key feature of the casino is that it provides super-fast deposits and withdrawals without any extra fees. It supports both BTC and regular banking options (debit cards, e-wallets). For your crypto deposits and withdrawals, you may use two services, namely CoinsPaid and Bitpace, both of which also support instant ETH transfers.
- SpinBooster level-up tool
- VIP club with up to 20% cashback
- Legally incorporated in the jurisdiction of Curaçao
- Some bonus types are missing (e.g. reload bonuses)
If you’re in an active hunt for the best Ethereum casinos on the market, then we’re ready to bet you’ll enjoy our final choice on this list.
After registration, should you decide to make a first deposit of 0.00072 BTC/0.012 ETH or €20/$20, you can unlock a match deposit bonus of up to 0.50 ETH/1.5 BTC or €400/$400. In addition, you receive 100 free spins as part of the welcome bonus. To convert the bonus funds into real money, there’s a 45x wagering requirement, which you need to fulfil within 14 days. Furthermore, winnings from free spins must also be wagered 50x. To learn more, check out the bonus terms & conditions.
Also, for those of you who are looking for an Ethereum casino no deposit bonus, we’re pleased to share that VIP members regularly receive no deposit free spins on Katsubet casino, plus other exclusive rewards, like birthday bonuses, custom withdrawal limits, and a personal VIP host.
The lobby is carefully organised to make things easy for beginners, and is split into several categories, such as ‘new’, ‘hot’, ‘instant’, or ‘bonus wagering.’ We highly recommend checking out several instant win games which are perfect for ETH gambling, such as Pilot, Hi/Lo, Mines, online scratch cards, and sic bo.
- 20+ Certified software providers
- 50% Welcome high-roller bonus
- Weekly free spins
- No mobile app
What Is Ethereum, Anyway?
Ethereum is a decentralised network connecting computers from all across the world, thanks¹ to blockchain technology. Anyone can easily use Ethereum for multiple purposes, ranging from building apps, accessing banking services, coordinating peer-to-peer transactions, and, of course, gambling online.
Similar to Bitcoin, Ethereum promotes a more open financial system. Its native currency, ETH, is known for providing increased privacy, security, transparency, and payment speed. Because there’s no third-party involved in the transfer of funds, it’s become a go-to option for gamblers who wish to maintain confidentiality and keep their hobby separate from other day-to-day expenses.
ETH – Recent Developments, Predictions,& Price Action
Due to its widespread popularity, in 2022, ETH even surpassed Bitcoin in the number of transactions. According to public data by Nasdaq and Ycharts, there were 338% more Ether transactions (408.5 million) when compared to BTC transactions (93.1 million) in 2022. In addition, a 2023 survey conducted by CryptoVantage showed that 47% of investors believe Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin². This event has also been dubbed “the flippening”.
Now, in 2023, according to official sources from the Ethereum foundation³, there are over 96 million active wallets with an ETH balance, and daily transactions on the ETH blockchain regularly pass the one million mark.
Statista is another of many reputable sites which track the ETH price action, token evolution and value. Based on its assessment of the ETH price history from its inception in August 2015, to August 2023, it has concluded that ETH was worth significantly less in 2022 than late 2021. However, this can be chalked up to the current bear market or crypto winter we are in at the time of writing.
This natural market downturn is currently affecting most altcoins, ETH included, so it’s not a testament of ETH being any less popular or used.
How Does Ethereum Work?
Launched in 2014, Ethereum was developed by software engineers who had worked on Bitcoin – only they set out to make something better. Ethereum is a decentralised, blockchain-based financial system.
Same as other cryptocurrencies, a peer-to-peer network is used. Each computer or node on the network holds part of the information, alongside all the other nodes. As a result, a public list or ‘ledger’ of transactions is created, which is held by everyone and verifiable by everyone.
Naturally, ETH deposits and withdrawals are generally safer and more transparent than traditional online payment transactions.
What Is the Difference Between Ethereum and Bitcoin?
Ethereum and Bitcoin are both built on the same basic premise, with a few key differences.
Ethereum has a shorter block time than Bitcoin. Blocks are sections of the public ledger we mentioned earlier, which are double-checked or ‘verified’ by network nodes completing complex math problems.
A shorter block time means that your transactions at the best Ethereum casinos will be quicker than with other cryptocurrencies!
We’re talking a 15-second block time for ETH (on average) compared to 10 minutes for BTC – quite the difference!
What Are Ethereum Casinos?
An Ethereum casino is simply an online casino that accepts Ether or ETH (the official Ethereum currency) as a payment option.
Oftentimes, an Ethereum online casino will also support other major cryptocurrencies by market cap, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin.
Some online casinos that accept Ethereum also take traditional payment methods, such as e-wallets or debit cards, and provide an easy on-site option to switch between the two.
ETH Casinos vs Traditional Casinos – Ethereum's Advantages Outlined
You might be wondering exactly what ETH gambling sites can offer you that traditional casinos can't. We've compiled a list for you.
Choosing the Best Ethereum Gambling Site
To make sure you go for the absolute best Ethereum casino, it must meet a few mandatory security and fairness criteria. Here’s what to look at before proceeding:
- Licensing & Security – Never register at any online casinos that accept Ethereum unless you can easily track the owner and licence holder. If this information isn’t listed anywhere, it’s probably best to skip the site, as there’s a high chance it’s operated without a licence. The best Ethereum betting sites and casinos are typically legally incorporated in the jurisdictions of Curaçao or Malta. At minimum, the licensing authority should be listed, along with the licence number and availability.
- Provably fair games – A defining characteristic of a reliable Ethereum casino is that is hosts provably fair games. This umbrella term refers to any casino game in which players have the ability to check the fairness and game outcomes for themselves. For this purpose, open-source algorithms that anyone can verify are used.
- Great crypto bonuses – Although not every Ethereum casino will provide bonuses directly in ETH, at the very least, it should credit them in other known cryptocurrencies, such as BTC, LTC, or BCH.
- Responsive customer support – Being able to easily contact someone in case anything goes wrong with registration or bonus redemption is paramount for a hassle-free gaming experience. A trustworthy ETH casino should have this aspect covered by offering 24/7 live chat or e-mail support.
How To Get Started With Ethereum Casinos
Assuming you've already got a digital wallet for cryptocurrency, and some ETH to your name, then depositing at the top Ethereum casinos is an easy affair!
- Visit the Banking, Cashier, or Deposits section of your chosen ETH casino.
- Scan or copy the provided QR Code or Wallet Address.
- Go to your ETH crypto wallet and input the provided address.
- Select the amount of ETH you want to deposit.
- Click or tap send – and the transaction is done!.
Ethereum Casino Games
Much like the best crypto casinos, the best Ethereum casino sites display a broad and diverse games library, which includes both classics from regular online casinos, as well as unique titles, which are highly popular on crypto gambling platforms in general.
Some ETH casinos like to stick to the tried-and-tested content strategy, and will only feature games from established software providers, such as NetEnt, Big Time Gaming, and Pragmatic Play. At the opposite end, others go for a bolder approach, and surprise players with exclusive crypto games. Below, we’ve outlined the most important game categories you’re bound to find on an Ethereum online casino:
Universally loved worldwide, slot games are an integral part of any high-quality ETH casino portfolio. Depending on the site, you can encounter various types, such as classic three-reel slots, five-reel slots, video slots, and Megaways™ slots. These can easily be filtered by theme, provider or RTP.
If you believe you can race against the house and win, you can also try your luck at engaging table games that use RNG technology, such as online roulette, video poker, online blackjack, and online baccarat. For each, there are typically multiple variations in store, such as American Roulette, Blackjack Vegas Strip, and Triple Bonus Poker.
Whether you prefer live dealer games or exciting game shows, the best Ethereum casino is ready to impress and entertain. On average, you can find around 100+ live tables, where you can play live dealer roulette, baccarat, poker, and blackjack. The software is usually provided by multiple studios, so you can enjoy extra features and multilanguage support, such as Pragmatic Play, Evolution Gaming, TVBet, and Playtech.
A calling card of your average casino Ethereum is the presence of original or exclusive content. For example, both BC.Game and Rocketpot casinos feature such content. These operators come with their own creative spins on crypto classics, like dice or Plinko.
Crash games are not unique to crypto platforms, but they are certainly most prevalent there. The concept is simple: players bet on the right time to cash out an increasing multiplier before it crashes. These games boast high RTP scores of up to 99%, use provably fair technology to determine winners, and may reward insane multipliers of up to 999x.
A few iconic titles include Spaceman, Mines, and Aviator. You can bet directly with ETH, BTC, or other popular cryptocurrencies by connecting your wallet, and even set a target cashout amount.
Ethereum Casino Bonuses– Tracking & Claiming the Best Ones
Same as traditional online casinos, Ethereum casinos will feature the most common bonuses you’re accustomed to, such as welcome bonuses, free spins, cashbacks, and loyalty bonuses. The only key difference is that the value of most casino bonuses will be displayed either in fiat currencies (e.g. EUR, USD) or in BTC.
Some casinos that accept ETH may pay out the welcome bonus in BTC, or may issue a match deposit ETH bonus, based on the amount you top-up.
Highest BTC Casino Bonuses You Can Find
Ready to get the best bang for your buck… without using any bucks? Below we’ve outlined several high-value crypto bonuses to get your hands on today:
- BitStarz – Our first pick for you is BitStarz Casino, due to its massive welcome package for new players of up to $2,000 or 5 BTC + 180 free spins. The entire amount is redeemable if you make four consecutive deposits. The minimum top-up required is only $/€20, and 40x wagering applies to the bonus funds + winnings from free spins.
Get this bonus from Bitstarz
- Katsubet – Another fantastic offer comes from Katsubet Casino, namely a first deposit bonus of 100% up to 1.5 BTC + 100 Free Spins. The minimum deposit is 0.00072 BTC/ €20, and there’s a 45x wagering requirement for the bonus funds.
Get this bonus from Katsubet
- King Billy – King Billy Casino proposes a competitive crypto welcome pack on the players’ first four deposits of up to 5 BTC + 250 Free Spins. There is no maximum cashout imposed on winnings from free spins. To get the offer, you need to make a minimum deposit of 0,0005 BTC. The bonus funds must be wagered 30x.
Get this bonus from King Billy
How Do You Buy Ethereum?
Buying your first ETH tokens is a pretty fast and straightforward process. The Ethereum foundation even has a very easy guide on how to get ETH. To find the most adequate option, our advice is to insert your country as well, and see what pops up.
Users have several main options to acquire ETH online:
- Centralised exchanges – These are privately-owned businesses that allow registered users to purchase ETH tokens using traditional currencies. You can quickly set up an account by providing a few personal details (e-mail address, phone number, etc), before allowing you to buy ETH using debit cards or a bank transfer. Some of the most popular and trustworthy centralised exchanges are Binance and Coinbase.
- Decentralised exchanges (DEXs) – This option is slightly more advanced, but also provides the highest level of security and confidentiality. DEXs are peer-to-peer marketplaces, which are not operated by any third parties. You can practically trade cryptocurrencies directly with other users, with no intermediaries.
- ETH cryptowallets – Some ETH wallets allow you to purchase tokens using debit cards, a bank transfer, or Apple Pay, for example Bitpay, Paxful, or Trustwallet.
- Direct ETH purchases – The best Ethereum casinos online make it very easy to purchase ETH tokens by enabling users to connect their existing wallets or buy crypto on-site. Such is the case of BitStarz casino, which allows players to buy crypto using debit cards issued by Visa/Mastercard, prepaid debit cards (Revolut),or mobile pay (Google Pay and Apple Pay).
Pros & Cons of Ethereum Online Casinos
As with anything, even a top Ethereum casino has some drawbacks inherent to the ETH financial system. Luckily, this isn’t anything to do with having an extensive game library or generous bonuses – plenty of those to go around.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of online casino gambling using Ethereum.
- Faster deposits and withdrawals than both traditional and Bitcoin casinos
- Highly secure and private payment method
- Better payout percentage on most cryptocurrency casinos
- Lower transactional fees compared to other cryptocurrencies
- Could be slightly complicated to set up
- Cryptocurrency exchanges are vulnerable to cyber attacks
- The value of cryptocurrencies can change and go down as well as up
Ethereum Casino Alternatives
Of course, if Ethereum isn’t quite your thing, and you’d like to try out some other cryptocurrencies, there are plenty of options to choose from:
Ethereum Casinos – Our Verdict
Originally known as Bitcoin’s slightly less famous brother and main competitor, Ethereum has rapidly gained legitimacy in many facets of the online world. It’s used for creating decentralised applications, contributing to a more transparent financial world, and, last but not least, providing a hassle-free and anonymous manner of gambling online.
Although the transaction costs are a bit higher compared to BTC, it’s still worth looking into ETH casinos for other notable perks, like increased security, substantial bonuses, and provably fair games. We hope our guide has managed to answer all your questions about ETH casinos and helped you track the very best ones for your needs!
¹Nairametrics, A.A. | (2023). Ethereum surpasses Bitcoin in transaction volume for the year 2022. [online] African markets. Available at: https://www.african-markets.com/en/news/international/ethereum-surpasses-bitcoin-in-transaction-volume-for-the-year-2022 [Accessed 28 Aug. 2023].
²Cointelegraph. (2023). Crypto survey finds 47% of investors expect Ether to ‘surpass’ Bitcoin. [online] Available at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-survey-finds-47-of-investors-expect-ethereum-to-surpass-bitcoin [Accessed 28 Aug. 2023].
³Ethereum (2023). What is Ethereum? [online] ethereum.org. Available at: https://ethereum.org/en/what-is-ethereum/.
Ethereum Casinos FAQs
Not all casinos that support Ethereum payments operate under a valid licence from a central regulator. As a general rule, if you can’t find any licensing information anywhere, it’s probably a rogue site you should avoid. In addition, we also advise you to check your local laws about cryptocurrencies. While gambling with ETH is legal in certain regions, other countries have a blanket ban on the use of all cryptocurrencies, including for online gambling purposes.
After buying some ETH through an exchange, you can then deposit it using your crypto wallet at the best ETH casinos!
A casino that accepts Ethereum is good for all the usual reasons casinos are good. It should be licensed, have a great selection of games, offer good support, and have a super welcome bonus.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are both digital and secure cryptocurrencies. However, Ethereum offers quicker transactions and the smart contracts feature over the older Bitcoin.
Yes, you can play slots along with any other games at the best casinos which support Ethereum.
Yes! Subject to conditions such as wagering requirements, which are present on traditional online casinos, ETH bonuses can be withdrawn either in ETH or in a fiat currency, depending on what the casino supports.