Colombian Casino Sites – Best Gambling Platforms for Colombians in 2024
While Colombia is (deservedly) well-known for its mouth-watering coffee and welcoming people, we’re more interested in its expansive gambling scene. So, if you’re currently sipping on a delicious espresso and looking for the best Colombian casino sites around, we’re here to help you out!
- Top Colombian Casinos
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Colombia?
- All You Need To Know About Colombian Casino Sites
- Casino Bonuses for Colombian Players in 2024
- Games and Software Providers at Colombian Casino Sites
- Live Casino
- Payment Methods at Colombian Casino Sites
- Colombian Casino Sites Licensing & Security
- Customer Service at Colombian Casino Sites
- Sign Up To a Colombian Online Casino – Your 5-Step Guide
- Colombian Gambling Market Statistics
- The Future of Online Gambling in Colombia
- Best Online Casinos Colombia FAQs
Top Colombian Casinos
- Colombian players welcome
- Drops & Wins
- Great software providers
Is Online Gambling Legal in Colombia?
Colombia is a small country in South America that has repeatedly been dubbed ”the happiest country in the world”. This attitude extends towards land-based and online gambling, which is largely positive.
In fact, Colombia has been a trailblazer in this regard, as it was the first South American country to legalise online gambling through the eGaming Act of 2016.
The country has a very clear regulatory framework that has encouraged multiple offshore operators to set up shop within Colombia or advertise their services to locals. In order to function legally in the country, gambling operators are required to apply for a licence with the local regulator, Coljuegos.
Colombian law allows and regulates both regional and national gambling activities. The following types of gambling are permitted: lotteries, land-based casinos, raffles and online casino games (slot machines, poker, blackjack, and others).
History of Gambling in Colombia
Colombia is truly paving the way for countries like Mexico and Brazil to have a more proactive approach towards gambling.
Since 1991, residents have been able to partake in various in-person gambling activities, allowing them to bet online as early as 2001.
However, in its early stages, the local market was run and monopolised by the state, until the official establishment of the gambling commission, Coljuegos.
The eGaming Act of 2016 represented a clear breakthrough, with the government introducing new measures aimed at regulating the industry, including blocking and blacklisting unlicensed Colombian casino sites.
Here is the complete timeline of online gambling in the country:
All You Need To Know About Colombian Casino Sites
In another net positive, operators can apply for a single licence type with the Colombian regulator, which covers all relevant gambling activities, such as poker, sports betting or casino.
They also need to pay a predictable and transparent licensing cost of $200,000 yearly, and abide by strict legal and financial requirements set forth by the government.
As such, if you’re a resident, you can legally access a wide range of casino sites in Colombia. Our advice is to carefully follow the key criteria we’ve outlined below to make the right choice for your budget, stay safe and enjoy an outstanding variety of games.
Casino Bonuses for Colombian Players in 2024
Wherever you are in the world, you're guaranteed to receive some kind of casino bonus as a new member, since operators are always keen on attracting and keeping players active and engaged.
Here are the absolute best casino bonuses and promos to take advantage of at top online casinos in Colombia in 2024:
- Welcome casino bonus – When you join an online casino for the first time, you will be greeted by various welcome bonuses, most commonly a match deposit bonus and/or free spins. For example, top sites such as NetBet and PlayAmo will double your first deposit up to a maximum limit, giving you extra funds to use with no effort required on your end! Sweet, right?
- No deposit casino bonus – This is the apex of all casino promotions, and for good reason. A no deposit bonus can be acquired with no investment: you only need to register and upload your documents for the verification process. It can consist of bonus money or a set number of free spins.
- Cashback bonus – Many high-ranking sites available in Colombia, such as KingBilly, reward active players with weekly cashback. The percentages offered range from 5 to 25% – they usually increase when you also have a higher status in the casino's loyalty programme or VIP club. The bonus does exactly what it says on the tin – it gives you back a percentage of your losses from a particular casino game (roulette, blackjack, and others).
- Free spin bonus – Free spins bonuses are some of the most versatile promotions, as you get so many chances to acquire them if you follow the right steps. For example, Videoslots and PlayOJO will grant free spins at registration. On the other hand, PlayAmo and Mr.Bit provide them on a weekly basis (e.g. ”Monday Free Spins”), as part of giveaways or after spinning a ‘Wheel of Fortune'.
Games and Software Providers at Colombian Casino Sites
Games are the bread and butter of any top-notch online casino, with Colombian players having very best at their fingertips!
Based on our research, up to 5000 titles are available, in demo mode or for real money. The vast majority are games of chance, which Colombians are so fond of, followed by smaller percentages for table games (blackjack, roulette, video poker).
Lottery, bingo, raffles, live dealer games, Vegas-style slots and even TV games are also frequently featured.
Some casinos will display independent certification, too, so you can rest assured that their games are fair. In the footer section of the homepage, you will find eCOGRA or iTech Labs seals of approval.
Slot games are a key component of Colombian casino sites, which is why you can enjoy them in the thousands!
To make your work easier if you’re undecided, most online casinos will have some pre-set categories to choose from, depending on the features you’re after. These are named after features such as “cascade” (for cascading reels slots), “Megaways™”, “Hold and Win” or “Drops & Wins” from Pragmatic Play.
Table & Card Games
Colombian players love a go at that deck of cards or spinning the roulette wheel – we get it! Thankfully, this category provides an equally exciting assortment. As primary offerings, you can find video poker, blackjack, baccarat and online roulette.
Because you’ll be playing against the house, if you choose licensed casino sites with verified software, you have no reasons to worry about fairness or odds – the outcome of each game will be decided using a complex algorithm produced by an RNG (Random Number Generator).
And, if you want to branch out, there are many variations to the staples above to try, such as the beginner-friendly Single Deck Blackjack, Deuces Wild Poker or Baccarat Pro!
Measuring your skill set against a real croupier is always challenging – in the best way! Technology has made it possible to do so in your pajamas, without the need to visit your nearest casino. The same level of interaction is offered via functions such as live chat, along with different camera angles and modes you can customise.
As a median range, you can expect to find roughly 62 variations to the tried-and-tested live dealer roulette, live dealer blackjack, live dealer poker and live dealer baccarat. Software will be provided by Evolution Gaming or Pragmatic Play, so you can experience the highest visual quality in the industry.
Payment Methods at Colombian Casino Sites
Funding your gambling account in a reliable and fast manner is paramount. Not to mention, when internet safety is such a hot topic, it is equally important to keep your private and banking data confidential.
We live in the age of digital payments, which is why casino sites available to Colombian players have also adapted to this growth curve. They offer secure deposit and withdrawal methods, such as:
Colombian Casino Sites Licensing & Security
Make sure to only pick operators that promote responsible gambling, or Juega Bien for your safety and peace of mind – not to mention, this is a legal requirement by the Colombian regulator. Don’t forget to steer clear of blacklisted casinos – the government constantly cracks down on unlicensed platforms for your protection.
In terms of security, the hallmark of a top online casino is state-of-the-art encryption when connecting to the platform, introducing personal or banking data and the presence of firewalls.
Customer Service at Colombian Casino Sites
Since Spanish is the most widely spoken language in the country by over 99.5% of residents, the best online casinos in Colombia have adapted accordingly.
24/7 language support in Spanish is available through different channels (live chat, phone, email). Certain sites will even offer the option to translate their platforms to Spanish automatically if you visit from Colombia.
English is also supported, particularly on international websites such as PlayAmo and NetBet.
Sign Up To a Colombian Online Casino – Your 5-Step Guide
Registering on a casino site from Colombia is very easy and typically takes less than 5 minutes, so you can even use a smartphone if you’re on the go!
We’ve compiled a handy list of steps to follow to make this process even easier:
- Make sure you are 18 years of age and a resident of Colombia.
- Access the registration section (it’ll be on a banner, a button or in a homepage menu).
- Specify your country of residence.
- Complete the form with your personal data (name, surname, e-mail, telephone number, and so on).
- Validate your identity with a scanned copy of your ID/driver’s licence.
Colombian Gambling Market Statistics
Colombia is by far one of the most active gambling markets in South America – here are some statistical facts you might have not known that will blow your mind:
- According to a survey conducted by Statista in 2019, games of chance had the highest level of participation for all respondents, with 82% of the population occasionally engaging in them. Other games that ranked significantly high in popularity with Colombians were baloto, lottery and raffles.
- Public data by iGaming Colombia confirms just how large the local market is – between January and February 2020, the turnover of online casino games was €261 million. According to their projections, if the Colombian gambling market will continue the same explosive rhythm of growth, it is set to reach a staggering $6 billion in the next four years
- According to data by the national regulator, Coljuegos, quoted by SBC Americas, the market had an increase of 120% in 2021, compared to the same period in 2020. Total sales reached 23.4 billion pesos between January-July 2021
Land-Based Casinos in Colombia
Columbia is a favoured gambling destination for locals, tourists and visitors from neighbouring nations in Central and South America. At the current moment, it houses 23 legal land-based casinos and 74 gambling facilities in total.
Another impressive fact is that residents can enjoy access to regulated casinos in 26 cities in Colombia – the most popular ones are Casino Enjoy San Andres, Sur Andino Casino, Gran Casino Medellin, Bacatá Tower Casino and Casino Luckia Bogotá.
The Future of Online Gambling in Colombia
The growth of the Colombian gambling market is undeniable – the public embraces it, the legislation is clear and transparent, and the costs for foreign operators that want to set up shop here are also predictable.
All of the above factors offer the perfect storm for the gambling sector to expand even more in 2024.
That can only translate into fantastic news for Colombian residents seeking to engage in their favourite casino games over the internet – we’ve already selected the very best casinos for you on this page!
Best Online Casinos Colombia FAQs
Some top Colombian casino sites we highly recommend are 22Bet, KingBilly and Betamo, but you can find more suggestions in our table above.
Colombia is home to roughly 74 gambling venues in total, and the number is on the rise. Most land-based casinos are owned by private operators CIRSA and Codere Group.
Yes, online gambling is permitted for both Colombian residents and tourists, provided that they choose a licensed platform and are of legal gambling age.
Casino Rio Pereira, owned by CIRSA, is considered the largest land-based casino, both in terms of size and games offer. Located in Pereira, Columbia, it functions 24/7, offers 410 slot machines, 20 table games, video poker and more!
All gambling activities, including virtual ones, are regulated by two main authorities in Colombia – Coljuegos and the National Council of Games of Luck and Chance (CNJSA). Both are in charge with overseeing the local industry, issuing licences and ensuring compliance with responsible gambling practices.
Colombian casino sites welcome you with a broad selection of games, ranging from online slots to table games, live casino, bingo or lottery.
No. Gambling winnings are tax-exempt for players in Colombia. However, relevant taxes do apply to gambling operators – a $200,000 annual fee, 15% on gross revenue and a 1% tax to the local regulator.
Yes! Many Colombian casino sites are integrated with the most popular digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin or stablecoins – for example, PlayAmo and 1xBet.
Colombian residents are legally allowed to register and gamble at online casinos (both local and international), if they are at least 18 years of age.
Unfortunately, very few Colombian casino sites accept deposits in pesos. Local casinos that also operate online are most likely to accept your national currency, but most platforms licensed overseas will only accept EUR, USD or digital currencies, instead.