Klarna Online Casinos – Deposit Instantly With SOFORT 2023!
How’d you like to top up your online gambling balance instantly, without signing up to any new payment service? Well, it’s all possible at Klarna casinos! Just fill in your online banking details, deposit and start playing. Learn more in our Klarna/SOFORT guide!
- Top Klarna Casinos 2023
- What Is Klarna/SOFORT?
- SOFORT Casino Payments – How To Get Started
- How Does Klarna Work?
- Pros & Cons of SOFORT Casino Banking
- Klarna Coverage & Restricted Countries
- Klarna Payment Fees, Limits & Accepted Currencies
- Is SOFORT Casino Banking Safe?
- Bonuses Found at SOFORT Casinos
- Alternatives to Klarna & SOFORT Casino Payments
- Klarna Casinos – Summary
- Klarna Casinos FAQs
Top Klarna Casinos 2023
What Is Klarna/SOFORT?
Klarna is a global payments service founded in 2005, in Stockholm, Sweden, with the goal of facilitating online shopping transactions for both customers and sellers.
Today, it has over 147 million active clients and serves 45 countries, including Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, UK and Sweden. Klarna can be used to pay at over 400,000 merchants, from major retailers like H&M to online gambling sites.
Klarna offers quick, safe and flexible payment options for users all across the globe: direct payments, pay after delivery and pay-in installments.
In 2014, the Klarna Group was formed, acquiring a popular online banking service from Europe called SOFORT GmbH.
Starting 2017, SOFORT Direct Banking rebranded to Pay Now by Klarna, allowing users to make secure bank transfers online without signing up for an account.
SOFORT Casino Payments – How To Get Started
Before setting off, it’s worth noting that, depending on the online gambling site you visit, you may find either Klarna or SOFORT listed in the banking section.
Both the SOFORT and the Klarna logos at an online casino refer to the same direct payment service, and are used practically interchangeably. Klarna's ‘buy now pay later' service is not available at most casinos.
You’ll find these logos in the footer section of the casino’s site, next to the logos of other popular payments options such as Trustly and Rapid Transfer.
Klarna payments and SOFORT casino banking essentially refer to the same service, allowing you to make quick, instant and easy payments straight from your bank account.
To add an extra layer of security, the online merchant or, in our case, your favourite casino Klarna will receive real-time confirmation of the transfer.
How to Deposit with SOFORT or ‘Pay Now by Klarna’
SOFORT casino deposits to an account on your favourite online casino are intuitive and straightforward.
You won’t have to create an account with SOFORT – just make sure that your local bank is supported by the service. You also won’t be required to share your card numbers or any personal information.
SOFORT merely acts as an intermediary between your bank and the online casino – because of that, your transfers will be secured, and there is no risk of data or financial theft at any step of the process.
You can also manage your payment from a mobile device, but do keep in mind that you can only pay with funds that you already have.
Here’s what you need to do to make a deposit at SOFORT casinos:
- Choose the right SOFORT casino for your needs (you can find a few suggestions above!)
- Go to the banking section and select SOFORT or ”Pay Now by Klarna” from the list.
- Specify your country of residence and local bank.
- Insert your banking login details and input the sum you wish to deposit.
- Authorise the transaction using a confirmation code.
- Enjoy your instant top-up!
The biggest benefit to using SOFORT casino payments is that your online banking details, such as your PIN code or TANs (Transaction Authentication Numbers), are not stored anywhere by the service.
Instead, all transfer information is encrypted by SOFORT using the same security standards as those found at major financial institutions (AES-256 bits encryption).
Once the transfer has been cleared, you will receive a confirmation containing a payment reference and the amount you deposited.
Remember that SOFORT casinos will have different minimum deposit requirements for this method, depending on the platform – between €10 – €20 on average.
SOFORT Casino Withdrawals
Unfortunately, at the current moment, SOFORT casino withdrawals are not possible.
The system was only designed as a convenient and faster alternative to online banking deposits.
Because of that, if you want to cash out your winnings, you will have to choose other alternatives, such as a traditional bank transfer or an e-wallet like Skrill or NETELLER.
Once your withdrawal request has been approved, your funds should be cleared in anywhere from 48 hours to 5 banking days, depending on the method.
How Does Klarna Work?
Besides the ‘Pay Now by Klarna’ option offered through SOFORT’s technology, Klarna also offers a “Buy Now, Pay Later” service, which comes in a couple of flavours:
- Pay in 4 – This option divides the cost of your purchase in four equal installments, with no interest or fees added.
- Pay in 30 days – The user gets up to 30 days to pay for their goods or services, after they were already shipped.
- Financing – This is a credit product offered in partnership with WebBank. It is meant for users who purchase expensive items, with payment plans extending to 6-36 months.
We should mention that none of Klarna’s pay later options can be used on online gambling sites, since it would essentially translate into gambling on debt or credit.
SOFORT vs E-Wallets
Although SOFORT is frequently compared to e-wallets, we wouldn’t really call it one. The feature set is different from what would generally be considered an e-wallet.
For example, using SOFORT at check-out doesn’t require registering a new account; you simply insert your existing online banking details and follow your established two-factor authentication settings.
At the opposite end, with e-wallets, you have to create an account using an e-mail address and a password first. Then, you have to top up your balance with funds from an external source, such as a credit or debit card.
Only after you follow all the steps above can you proceed to your first online casino transfer.
Pros & Cons of SOFORT Casino Banking
Are you still wondering if signing up on SOFORT casinos is a good idea or not? Here are the main advantages and disadvantages to consider in 2023:
- Supported by major investors, such as Visa, Ant Group and Sequoia Capital
- One of the top 3 payment systems in Germany and Austria
- Services the major markets in Europe (Germany, Finland, UK etc.)
- Handles over 3 million transactions monthly with 85 million + customers globally
- Low minimum deposit limits imposed at SOFORT casinos
- SOFORT deposits are eligible for most casino offers (welcome bonuses, free spins)
- Compatible with mobile devices (smartphones and tablets)
- The number of SOFORT casinos is on the rise
- Two-factor authentication and encryption applied on transfers
- Can’t be used for withdrawals
- Mainly services European markets, restricted in other countries
- Small number of accepted currencies
- Not compatible with some banks/financial institutions
- Not all gambling platforms are also SOFORT casinos
Klarna Coverage & Restricted Countries
When it comes to global coverage and geographical restrictions, there are some key differences between Klarna, the parent company, and SOFORT.
Knowing these distinctions should help you choose the right Klarna casinos or SOFORT casinos, depending on where you’re based in the world.
For example, Klarna can be used for checkouts in 11 countries, including Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, and the USA. Klarna’s custom payment methods are available in 20 countries, such as the Netherlands, the USA, Australia, and Belgium.
Klarna is also available in physical stores in the following countries: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Italy, Poland, Spain, UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
On the other hand, SOFORT only services 13 European markets at the current moment, namely Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands and UK.
Klarna Payment Fees, Limits & Accepted Currencies
While Klarna does not charge any fees if users go for the “pay in 4” or “pay in 30” service options, it charges between a 0 and 24.99% annual percentage rate on the monthly financing option.
Klarna accepts a wide range of currencies at checkout across its services, namely AUD, CAD, CHF, PLN, DKK, EUR, GBP, NOK, SEK and USD. Keep in mind that each online casino may have a different agreement with Klarna, thus only accepting certain currencies for deposits, depending on the markets they service.
However, keep in mind that SOFORT mainly targets Northern and Central European markets, and operates solely using the euro.
This is because SOFORT is only compatible with select banks from and major European financial institutions from the area, such as Deutsche Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, and Easybank AG.
Businesses receiving payments via SOFORT, including online casinos, must pay some fees – 0.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed charge of €0.25.
Fees, deposits, and withdrawal limits present at casinos that accept Klarna are not set by the company itself – they are established by every gambling site, and can vary quite a bit.
Deposit limits at top Klarna online casinos, such as Slotty Vegas or Cookie Casino, range from €10/€20 (min) to €2000-€4000 (max).
Is SOFORT Casino Banking Safe?
Using SOFORT for all your payment needs is a smart idea, for multiple reasons.
To begin with, the team behind SOFORT has over 15 years of experience in the payments industry. The fact that they’re currently owned by Klarna Group, an undisputed leader within the European market, adds another layer of trust for customers.
Moreover, SOFORT stands for “instant” in German, which is another benefit of the service – your funds will be available immediately, whether you deposit at a casino online Klarna or shop at your favourite virtual store.
SOFORT uses state-of-the-art AES-256 bits encryption when processing money transfers, does not store any of your financial details, and can be used without registering an account.
As long as you have online banking set up and your local bank is compatible with the service, you can reap all the benefits!
Lastly, the confirmation codes sent by SOFORT can only be used once, which is yet another important security feature.
Bonuses Found at SOFORT Casinos
The best online casinos with SOFORT are ultra-rich in bonus offers and promotions, much to every gambler’s delight! These range from sign-up bonuses to slots tournaments.
Here’s a rundown of the most popular ones you can claim in 2023 and what you need to do:
- Welcome casino bonuses – Who doesn’t like to be greeted in style when they first join a Klarna casino? Well, that’s precisely the goal of welcome bonuses. Once you sign up for an account, verify it and make the minimum deposit, you can receive match deposit bonuses, free spins or loyalty points. Most SOFORT casinos will match your initial deposit by 100%, for example Casimba and Slotty Vegas.
- Reload bonuses – Reload bonuses are reserved for active players who have already made at least one real-money deposit. Typically, they are included in welcome packages – for example, Jackpot Village currently advertises two reload bonuses, available on your second and third deposits: a 25% match up to $800 and 50% match up to $500, respectively.
- Free spins No Wagering – Wager-free spins are frequently advertised on top SOFORT casinos, such as Videoslots, 888casino or Locowin. They allow you to play slot games with no charges for a set number of rounds, and withdraw your wins as cash, without the usual wagering requirements that apply to other casino offers.
- No deposit casino bonuses – No deposit bonuses are a fantastic way to test out new Klarna casinos with no risk or investment whatsoever! You simply sign up, verify your identity and follow the steps specified to claim the bonus (e.g. talking to customer support or using promo codes at registration). Free spins are the most common no deposit offer, but you can also receive loyalty points or cashbacks.
Alternatives to Klarna & SOFORT Casino Payments
If Klarna casinos are not available in your country or region, you can always go for the next best casino deposit methods in 2023!
Some function similarly, through the use of online banking, whilst others are digital wallets, created with gamblers in mind, so there are plenty of exciting features to discover:
Klarna Casinos – Summary
Klarna is a popular and reputable online payments company, with 17 years of activity on the market.
During this time, it has evolved along with technology, and transformed the way we shop online and pay for various services, including online gambling.
Following the acquisition of SOFORT, it became a go-to option for gamblers to make their deposits on slot sites or poker rooms, due to the ease of use, security and convenience.
As a result, the number of Klarna casinos has grown exponentially – we’ve selected some of the best ones for you above so you can get started today!
Klarna Casinos FAQs
The best Klarna casinos we recommend are Cashimashi, Cookie Casino, Locowin and Slotty Vegas, as they offer flexible limits for this payment method and add no fees on top.
Klarna is currently available in 45 countries, including the US, UK, Germany and Austria. The service is supported by over 400,000 merchants, from retailers to software companies, other payments processors, and online gambling sites.
Yes. SOFORT provides online payments services since 2005, and is a major player within the German market. It facilitates money transfers without the need to create an account – you only need your online banking credentials. PIN codes and TAN codes are used to secure each transaction.
SOFORT is a financial technology company. It provides a digital banking service, and acts as intermediary between your local bank and the merchant.
No. Even though it’s frequently mistaken for an e-wallet, SOFORT is, in fact, an online banking payment service.
You can use Klarna even without creating an account – you simply select it at checkout and insert your banking details. However, if you want to access the company’s exclusive products, deals and promotions, you must download the Klarna mobile app or browser extension.
Yes. SOFORT actually means ”instant” in German, and the brand promise is respected. Once you authorise a transaction, you get real-time confirmation and processing. That means both online shopping orders and gambling transactions are processed straightaway.
Klarna only charges merchants with fees. End-users benefit from most Klarna services for free, except for the financing payment option, which comes with interest of 0-24%. Klarna casinos may add their own deposit & withdrawal fees, which are independent of the service itself. They will be detailed in the terms & conditions.
SOFORT, also known as Pay Now, used to be a German online banking service, until it was bought by Klarna Group in 2014. This led to its expansion to other European markets, like the UK and Switzerland. Now, the two companies function as a single entity and offer complementary services.
This depends on the region. For example, in the US, prepaid cards are currently not supported by the service. It’s best to check the official website platform in your country for further clarification.