Best Prepaid Card Casinos in 2023
Prepaid card casinos are secure and offer excellent games, rewards and bonuses. They can even give you more control over your spending without the need for a debit card or account. In this article, we explore why prepaid cards are one of the best casino deposit methods out there.
- Top Prepaid Cards Online Casinos
- What Is a Prepaid Card?
- Top Prepaid Mastercard Casinos
- Top Prepaid Visa Casinos
- Different Types of Prepaid Cards
- Popular Prepaid Cards at Online Casinos
- How To Choose a Prepaid Card
- Using your prepaid card at the online casino
- Security & Safety at Prepaid Card Casinos
- Fees & Charges for Prepaid Card Casinos
- Pros & Cons of Using Prepaid Cards at Online Casinos
- Prepaid Card Alternatives
- Prepaid Card Casinos FAQs
Top Prepaid Cards Online Casinos
What Is a Prepaid Card?
Prepaid cards are cards onto which you can load money without needing direct access to your bank account. This makes them a safer and more convenient way to make purchases, both online and even at physical stores. Compared to carrying cash or using a bank card, prepaid cards offer a higher level of security and control over your spending.
In the realm of online gambling, prepaid cards have become a mainstay at practically all of the top online casinos, especially due to their enhanced privacy and protection features. When using a prepaid card at a casino, you don't need to share your personal or financial information, reducing the risk of identity theft or fraud. Moreover, since you can only spend the amount loaded onto the card, you won't run the risk of overspending or exceeding your budget.
Top Prepaid Mastercard Casinos
For UK players looking to use their prepaid debit Mastercard, we've compiled a list of our top three recommended casinos below.
The lion roars loudly, yet it puts all players’ minds at rest, with this highly renowned online casino enjoying one of the best reputations in the industry. With licences from the Malta Gaming Authority, UKGC, Ontario, and Spain, it is easy to see why it has earned a name for being one of the most trustworthy gambling platforms out there.
As we explore in our LeoVegas casino review, if you’d like to start playing at LeoVegas, you can make your first deposit using a prepaid Mastercard. This payment method makes you eligible for the welcome bonus of up to £100 or €/$400 on your first four deposits, plus 50 no-wager free spins on Big Bass Splash, as long as you make a minimum deposit of £/€/$10. Wagering requirements on the deposit match are 35x, and you will find full terms and conditions here.
The games lobby is a sight to behold, with some 1,500 slots from NetEnt, Play’n GO, Playtech, Red Tiger, Pragmatic Play, and more. You will also find a full selection of table games and live casino games from Evolution and Pragmatic Play.
Payments by prepaid Mastercard are instant, but you’ll need to wait one-to-five banking days for withdrawals using this method. Minimum limits are generous at £/€/$10, as are the maximum cashouts – £/€/$35,000.
Another highly-regarded brand, especially among UK players, 888casino is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority, the UKGC and Gibraltar. It is difficult to beat this trio in terms of reputation and high standards, so you know that you’re getting a fair deal if you decide to sign up to this platform.
If you’re based in the UK, you will receive 100% up to £100 when making a minimum deposit of £20. This match deposit bonus comes with wagering requirements of 30x and there’s a £500 cap on bonus winnings. You will find all terms and conditions here.
Anywhere else in the world, new players receive 100% up to €/$140 with a wagering requirement of 30x.
However, while you can use your prepaid Mastercard prepaid to make deposits, you won’t be able to use it to make withdrawals. Instead, you can opt for bank transfer, which will take up to five banking days – a normal time frame for this method.
As we explain in our 888casino review, you’ll find a broad selection of games that includes everything from 888 slots to live dealer options, table games, and a good number of exclusive titles and jackpots from the likes of Blueprint Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Red Tiger Gaming, and Playtech.
All British Casino
How does up to £100 in bonus money sound? All British Casino rewards new players upon registration with a 100% match deposit up to £100, against a wagering requirement of 35x. To be eligible, you’ll need to deposit a minimum of £20, and the maximum you can bet using your bonus funds is £5. Apart from this match deposit, you also get 10% cashback with no wagering restrictions. You can read the full terms and conditions here.
As its name suggests, the All British Casino is fully geared towards British players and fully lives up to its tagline of “Brilliantly British”. It accepts prepaid Mastercard deposits, which is one of the payment methods most favoured by UK players, and allows minimum deposits of £10 and maximums of £5,000.
The casino, as explained in our All British Casino review, is licensed both by the UKGC and the MGA, and offers a varied selection of slots, Slingo, table games, live casino, and jackpots from Blueprint Gaming, Evolution, Microgaming, Novomatic, and more.
For those who enjoy a competitive edge, All British Casino also specialises in tournaments, with ample prize pots available. And if you’re short of ideas, just check out the British Favourites category and you’ll be sorted!
Top Prepaid Visa Casinos
Visa is another highly-regarded payment method among UK online gamblers, favoured for its excellent reputation and ease of use. It's therefore no surprise that it's so widely supported by so many casinos, the best of which we've listed below.
Another stalwart on the UK gambling scene, Videoslots is doubly licensed by the UKGC and the MGA, delivering the highest standards to players across the world. New UK players receive 11 Welcome Spins to be used on Starburst as soon as they register, all wager-free. Don’t forget to activate the spins within 24 hours of your deposit. You will find full terms and conditions here.
On top of that, there is also a 100% up to £200 sign-up bonus waiting for you when you make your first deposit. The bonus carries a 35x wagering requirement, alongside its other full terms and conditions.
Besides a huge array of slots, as soon as you make your first deposit, you’ll be able to enter various tournaments for a chance to land jackpots with massive prize pools!
As you can see from our Videoslots casino review, this brand accepts multiple payment methods, including prepaid Visa cards, and your deposit will be added to your casino account instantly. The casino's site is also 3D-secured, adding an extra layer of security for customers.
However, remember that you won’t be able to make withdrawals back to your card if you’re in the UK, so be sure to have an alternative cash-out method available.
Take a ride on the retro train with 777 Casino. New players in the UK are granted 100% up to £200 FreePlay when entering the promo code ‘WELCOME777’. You will find full terms and conditions here.
The casino is licensed by the UKGC and the MGA, and as such it takes its obligations towards players seriously, ensuring that the highest standards of fair play are observed.
Payments by Visa prepaid cards are supported, with a processing time of up to 10 minutes. When it’s time to cash out, this casino will allow you do to so via the same method, for which a minimum withdrawal of £10 applies.
Once you’ve made your deposit, it’s time to have a go at the games. The casino, as we explain in our 777 Casino review, is owned by the same company as 888, so expect to see the same huge selection of slots covering numerous themes and provided by the likes of Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, and iSoftBet. Those who enjoy jackpot hunting will have a field day, as there are all sorts of progressives available, with the prize pots exceeding millions.
Grosvenor Casino is a big British favourite, easily one of the most recognisable brand names in the UK with decades of experience in gambling. The first Grosvenor brick-and-mortar casino opened in England in the 1970s, so we are talking gambling royalty here. Since then, as we explain in our Grosvenor casino review, the online version has steadily built on an excellent brand reputation, gaining a UKGC licence and a reputation for excellent customer service.
This highly reputable name in the gambling world has naturally partnered up with another equally reputable name in the financial world – Visa. New UK players can use their prepaid debit card Visa to put down a minimum deposit of £20 and claim their sign-up bonus of £30.
It’s important to note that this isn’t a match deposit, so even if you deposit more than £20, your bonus money will still be £30. The bonus needs to be used within 30 days and comes with a wagering requirement of 5x. You can read all the terms and conditionshere.
The games lobby is smaller than the bigger brands, but you’ll still find around 1,000 games to play. In addition, the quality available is excellent, thanks to products from top providers such as Microgaming, IGT, Novomatic, NextGen Gaming, Playtech, and Realistic. If you’re into jackpots, there are daily must-drops with enticing prize pools, as well as must-gos that drop randomly according to the amount reached.
Different Types of Prepaid Cards
Prepaid card casinos have come a long way since the mere store-bought gift card. There are now multiple forms with varying purposes, so to narrow things down, we’ve identified all the different types of options available to online casino players.
- Reloadable Prepaid CardsReloadable cards are the gold standard of prepaid payments, designed to be all-purpose payment solutions that can be used at brick-and-mortar retailers, for paying bills, and making purchases online.Offered by Visa and Mastercard, reloadable cards are easily topped up and provide protection for your bank account. There are no overdraft fees because once the card is depleted, it will no longer function until it is topped up once again.
- Disposable Prepaid CardsA disposable prepaid card acts much like a gift card. It is pre-loaded once and used once, until its value has expired. It is anonymous, allowing you to make deposits without revealing any personal information.
- Virtual Prepaid CardsUnlike their physical counterparts, virtual prepaid cards do not have a physical form and are typically delivered electronically. Even so, they can still be used for making online purchases or transactions.Virtual prepaid cards offer a secure and convenient way to fund casino accounts without using a traditional bank account or debit card. They also come with a set spending limit, which can help you manage your bankroll more effectively.One popular provider that offers virtual prepaid cards is Skrill, which is ostensibly an e-wallet service. Once you have applied for and received a virtual card, you'll also be sent a unique card number, expiration date, and security code. You can then load your with existing funds from your Skrill account and proceed accordingly.
- Crypto Prepaid CardCryptocoin casino users also have plenty of prepaid card options available, which are in turn issued by third-party providers and can be linked to a digital wallet or exchange account. They provide a convenient way for cryptocurrency holders to access their funds and make purchases, particularly in situations where traditional payment methods may not be accepted.
Popular Prepaid Cards at Online Casinos
While there are many types of prepaid cards available, the ones listed below are the most commonly used and accepted at online casinos.
How To Choose a Prepaid Card
It's important to research both your card and your prepaid card casino options in order to make sure the payment method you choose suits your needs. Does the card have hidden fees? Is it disposable or reloadable?
You’ll also want to make sure that your favourite casinos do actually accept prepaid cards, and that they are eligible to claim welcome bonuses and other promotions to avoid disappointment later on.
In most cases, we recommend paysafecard, as it is the most widely accepted at online casinos and also the easiest to buy in most regions.
Where Can I Buy a Prepaid Card?
Prepaid cards can be purchased from both brick-and-mortar shops and online retailers, such as paysafecard.com. You can even pick one up from the grocer, along with your milk and eggs!
Additionally, some casino operators allow you to purchase these cards from the cashier section of their sites. Many banks will offer prepaid cards too, while Visa and Mastercard disposable cards are readily found at retailers.
Using your prepaid card at the online casino
Prepaid cards are one of the fastest deposit methods to deposit funds into your casino account. You have to enter the cashier section of your preferred online casino operator, select a prepaid card from the available options.
Just decide how much you intend to transfer to your casino account and follow the prompts. You will only have to enter the 16-digit PIN code if you’re using PaySafeCard. If you are using the virtual prepaid card, you will also have to add details like card number, expiry date, and the 3-digit CVV.
Certain casino operators will let you purchase the prepaid card directly from their website. You will again have to log in with the credentials, head towards the cashier section and select prepaid card.
All prepaid card casino deposits are processed immediately, so the amount will be in your casino balance before you can even decide what game to play.
How to Deposit With Prepaid Cards at Online Casinos
Follow these steps to make a deposit to your casino account with a prepaid card.
- Choose a casino from our list above and sign up.
- Head to the cashier section of the site or within your account.
- Select your prepaid card from the list of available payment methods.
- Enter the PIN attached to the prepaid card, along with the security code.
- Start playing!
How To Withdraw From Prepaid Card Casinos
While casinos typically accept for deposits via prepaid cards, withdrawals on the other hand are often not possible through this method. In such cases, you will need to select an alternative withdrawal option to access your winnings.
Security & Safety at Prepaid Card Casinos
Using a prepaid card at online casinos is one of the safest ways of making these types of transactions.
As preloaded cards, they add yet another barrier against overspending and unauthorised transactions. In addition, similar to standard debit and credit cards, they also come with a unique PIN number that must be used in order to make deposits and withdrawals.
Moreover, you're simply adding an extra layer of protection to what is already a very secure system. This is because the best online casino operators implement 128-Bit or 256-Bit SSL encryptioninto their platforms, which is there to protect your personal and financial information from potential security breaches.
Fees & Charges for Prepaid Card Casinos
Unlike many other payment methods, most prepaid cards are virtually free from fees and charges, at least if you use them for online payments.
Of course, you should pay attention to conversion rates. If you often access online casinos from different jurisdictions, make sure your prepaid card is of the required currency, as otherwise you will have to fork out for exchange fees.
To sum up, there are a few key things to keep in mind when using a prepaid card at online casinos:
- Inherent fees: While deposits are typically free, there may be small fees for cancelling a card, maintaining a dormant account, or receiving refunds. Be sure to check with your prepaid card provider for a full list of any associated fees.
- Casino fees: Generally, most online casinos do not charge a fee for deposits made via prepaid cards. However, it's always a good idea to review the casino's policies and terms of service to confirm whether this is indeed the case or not.
Pros & Cons of Using Prepaid Cards at Online Casinos
- More privacy
- Easy to use
- No credit card needed
- Fund your casino account with cash
- Withdrawals are not possible
- Smaller bonuses (sometimes)
Benefits of Using Prepaid Cards
We have elaborated on the pros of using this type of card below:
- More privacy – Since you are not using your personal payment methods, nobody can see your bank or credit card details.
- Added security – Since you are not using your bank card, even if a hacker managed to hack your casino account, they would not have access to anything besides your prepaid card details.
- Easy to use – Simply input your unique 16-digit number and your funds will then appear in your account.
- No credit card needed – If you cannot or do not wish to use your credit or debit card for casino transfers, a prepaid card is a great alternative.
Disadvantages of Using Prepaid Cards
Here’s the lowdown on the drawbacks of using prepaid cards:
- Withdrawals not possible – While prepaid cards are great for depositing, you will usually have to withdraw your winnings via a different method.
- Limits – Most casinos have limits to how much you can deposit weekly with certain prepaid cards (such as paysafecard). This is a safety feature in order to prevent money laundering.
- Sometimes excluded from bonuses – Often, deposits made with paysafecard or Neosurf are excluded from bonus offers.
Prepaid Card Alternatives
If you cannot find the right casino for your desired prepaid card, consider the following alternatives.
All in all, prepaid cards are the ultimate way of making safe, secure, and anonymous deposits at online casinos. They're also very easy to use and do not require a direct link to your bank account, which is great for privacy- and security-conscious players.
However, the main drawback of these cards is that they are typically not available as a withdrawal option, so you'll need to choose an alternative method to access your winnings.
By doing your research and selecting a reputable provider, you can find the perfect prepaid card to meet your needs. Just be sure to review any associated fees and policies before making a deposit to ensure a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience.
Prepaid Card Casinos FAQs
Prepaid cards are cards onto which you can load money without having to connect directly to your bank account. As a result, they offer a higher level of security and more control over your spending.
Most casinos will accept some form of prepaid cards, of which the most popular are Visa, Mastercard, and paysafecard. AstroPay and Neosurf are also widely supported.
Prepaid cards are excellent for anyone looking to manage their spending, as the cards are not tied to a specific account and must be loaded with funds in advance. They're also ideal for players who prioritise personal identity security when making deposits, as they are designed to provide an extra layer of anonymity.
Yes! Many online casinos accept various prepaid cards for deposits.
paysafecard, AstroPay, and Neosurf are among the most widely accepted prepaid cards at online casinos. However, you may also be able to use a prepaid card from your bank, bank app, or any card belonging to the VISA or Mastercard network.
Yes, there are many online casinos that accept prepaid Mastercard options.
Simply scroll up to our above list and take your pick!
In general, we recommend paysafecard, as it is the most widely accepted. Nevertheless, prepaid cards via VISA or Mastercard are also widely supported and offer great security as well as ease of us.
Yes. Many gift cards have a credit card format, such as VISA or Mastercard, and they are accepted at almost all online casinos.