Best Online Casinos in Bahrain 2023
While all forms of gambling are illegal in Bahrain, many players opt for online casinos registered in foreign jurisdictions to play their favourite online casino games. Read on to learn everything there is to know about Bahrain online casinos!
- Top Bahrain Online Casinos
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Bahrain?
- Online Casino Sites Bahrain – What Should I Know?
- Games at Bahrain Online Casino
- Payment Methods at Online Casino Sites in Bahrain
- Bonuses at Online Casinos Bahrain
- Important Factors To Consider When Choosing an Online Casino in Bahrain
- How To Play at Online Casino in Bahrain
- Land-Based Casinos in Bahrain
- How We Rate Our Top Bahrain Online Casinos
- Bahrain Online Casino Conclusion
Top Bahrain Online Casinos
Here’s our top pick of trusted online casinos in Bahrain:
- Accepts Bahraini players
- Over 450 casino games
- eCORGA certification
- Fun graphics
- Daily jackpots
- Great software
- Large game seletion
- Frequent promotions
- Great Support
- Over 500 casino games
- 24/7 customer support
- Bahrainis can play
- Welcomes players from Bahrain
- Over 10,000 games to choose from
- Accepts Bitcoin
- Players from Bahrain welcome
- MGA Licence
- Over 700 online games
Is Online Gambling Legal in Bahrain?
All gambling is illegal in the Kingdom of Bahrain, from land-based casinos and bingo to sports betting and online casinos. This is mostly down to the fact that most of the population is Muslim, and gambling is prohibited in Islam.
Nevertheless, many Bahrainis sign up to plan on online casinos registered in foreign jurisdictions, such as in Curaçao or Malta.
Online Casino Sites Bahrain – What Should I Know?
Since online casinos in Bahrain are prohibited, if you still want to go ahead with gambling online, then you will need to opt for online casinos based overseas that are licensed by reputable authorities such as the Malta Gaming Authority, Remote Gambling – Government of Gibraltar, and the Curaçao Gaming Control Board.
But why should you trust such casinos?
- They follow strict rules on fairness and responsible gambling.
- They are known to pay players what they are owed in the agreed timeframe.
- They have a large selection of games, including online slots, table games, and live dealer games.
- They are answerable to jurisdictions other than Bahrain, so they are not likely to divulge your information to the Bahraini authorities.
You may also come across other licences, such as one from Panama. While this is a valid licence for an online casino, it is unlikely that the casino brands are audited in the same way those with licences from Malta, Gibraltar, or Curaçao are. This could lead to issues, including not getting your winnings, which is why we don’t recommend them.
History of Gambling in Bahrain
1783 – Al Khalifa Dynasty
The Al Khalifa Dynasty takes over Bahrain. The country is still ruled by the same family.
1976 – The Bahrain Penal Code
The Bahrain Penal Code is introduced on 20th March. Article 308 states that gambling in public is an offence punishable by fines and/or jail term.
2022 – Gambling Remains Illegal
While all forms of gambling have been illegal for decades, many Bahraini players are joining offshore-registered online casinos.
History of Gambling in Bahrain – Casino Gambling Laws
Bahrain has always been strict regarding gambling. In fact, all forms of gambling are illegal, so inhabitants and visitors will not find any brick-and-mortar casinos, bingo halls, or even Bahrain-based online casinos to play at. Gambling in public is also heavily punished, with fines and jail terms being handed out to offenders.
The reason behind this is widely believed to be down to Islam, which is practised by around 70.2% of the population. And it doesn’t look like things are going to change in the near future.
Yet, online gambling has given Bahrainis a way of gambling safely, and while you won’t find an online casino based in Bahrain, several casinos registered in offshore jurisdictions do allow Bahraini players to join.
Legal bingo is available at the US Navy NSA (Naval Support Activity) Bahrain. Provided by MWR Bahrain, this is only for NSA-approved personnel, so Bahraini residents and tourists are not allowed to join.
What’s the Safest Way To Play at Online Casino Bahrain?
One of the main benefits of a country regulating online casinos is that local players can receive the adequate protection. But what should players from countries where online gambling sites aren’t regulated do?
Your best bet is to take all the precautions you can to ensure your safety.
- Always use a payment method that will keep you safe and that will keep your casino transactions off your bank statement.
- Only go for licensed and regulated casinos as these are more likely to be secure – especially since an unregulated casino may not send your winnings, or may even take money out of your card without permission.
Games at Bahrain Online Casino
Online casinos in Bahrain will be the same ones accepting players from dozens of other countries, which probably means they'll have a wide array of online casino games to choose from.
Any casino online in Bahrain and elsewhere will have lots of online real money slots to play. These range not only in theme, but also in the way they are built. Megaways™ and Megaclusters™ slots, for example, have an updated mechanism that makes them even more engaging and fun.
Popular across the world, the live casino section is where you can play all your favourite table games, like live roulette, live blackjack, and live baccarat. These are overseen by a real-life dealer you can communicate with.
The live dealer section at most trusted online casinos will often also carry numerous live game shows. Games here can include Monopoly Live, Deal or No Deal? Live, Dream Catcher First Person, Crazy Time Live, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and Football Studio.
Poker games at online casinos usually come in two formats: either live poker, in which the players will play against other players or a dealer, or video poker – played against a computer.
Roulette is another popular table game, and online casinos carry many variants of the game. These include the European, American, and French versions, as well as others that have been created specifically for online gambling, like Lightning Roulette casinos.
Another staple at online casino sites is blackjack, where you'll need to acquire a hand that totals higher than the dealer's, but which doesn't exceed 21.
A number of online casinos now also carry Bitcoin slots, Bitcoin poker, Bitcoin roulette, Bitcoin blackjack, and Bitcoin dice games. These are great if you’re depositing in this cryptocurrency.
The best online casinos also offer further casino games that may be a bit more niche. These can include Asian favourites like Sic bo, Arabic casino games like Andar Bahar, and European/American games like online scratch cards, bingo, keno, and slingo.
Payment Methods at Online Casino Sites in Bahrain
As we’ve seen above, one of the best ways to keep yourself safe when playing at a Bahrain online casino is to make deposits using specific payment methods. Below we take a closer look at our three suggested payment methods:
Most existing and new casino sites accept e-wallets, – virtual accounts that are not connected to any bank account. This makes them safer as they keep transactions off your bank statements.
NETELLER and ecoPayz are two e-wallet services that accept Bahrainis and can be found at Bahrain online casinos.
Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that can be used to play at cryptocoin casinos. Transactions using these currencies are super safe thanks to blockchain technology, which makes them both anonymous and harder to hack, and withdrawals are instantaneous.
Digital currencies vary according to casino, but we have lists for the best Bitcoin casinos, Bitcoin Cash casinos, Ethereum gambling sites, Litecoin gambling sites, Dogecoin gaming websites, and Tether gaming websites.
Another way you can safely make deposits is by using a prepaid Visa/Mastercard debit card, like those issued by CASHU. It’s good to note, however, that this system does not usually allow for withdrawals.
Bonuses at Online Casinos Bahrain
Since you’ll be joining international gambling sites, you will be presented with the same bonuses other players are. We explore the most popular below:
Before you take on an online casino bonus, make sure you read the fine print first, as they come with wagering requirements, deadlines, and other terms and conditions. If you’re not happy with the terms, don’t take it up.
Welcome bonuses are among the most common and popular bonuses at all online casinos, including those that accept Bahraini players. These normally take the shape of matches on your first or even subsequent deposits (for example, a 100% match up to a certain amount).
Free spins are another popular type of bonus, that allow you to try out pre-selected video slots. Some have no wagering requirements, sot you get to keep your winnings without having to wager them again.
A reload bonus is when the online casino gives you free spins or matches the amount you deposit up on your second, third, and/or subsequent deposits.
Cashback bonuses see your casino give you a percentage of your net losses or deposit money back, with 5 to 10% being the usual figure.
A VIP bonus may be offered to those who deposit and play large amounts of money. Normally, VIP bonuses are invitation-only affairs, and the rewards here can include bigger bonuses and higher cashback rates, as well as free trips, tickets to events, and gifts.
Some casinos have loyalty programmes where players who deposit and play often receive points. These points can then be redeemed for loyalty bonuses or other perks.
A no deposit bonus will see you receive either a small sum of money or free spins without having to make a deposit. Such bonuses usually come with higher wagering requirements.
Important Factors To Consider When Choosing an Online Casino in Bahrain
Different casino brands come with different features – so what should you look out for when signing up to one?
As English is the dominant language in the online casino world, most casinos offer this as the main option. Even so, some casinos also give you the opportunity to play in other languages, such as Arabic, French, or Spanish.
Sadly, the Bahraini dinar (BHD) is not really accepted by most online casinos in Bahrain. You can, however, use other currencies like the US dollar (USD) or the euro (EUR), which will come at a price since you’ll need to exchange currencies.
Cryptocurrencies are also an option – in fact, they may be the safest and cheapest option in this case.
The best and most trusted online casinos will have responsive customer support services, which can be contacted via email, live chat, or phone. Customer support is essential for fun and worry-free game play, which is why we always recommend contacting them before to ensure they answer queries in an acceptable amount of time.
Security & Responsible Gambling
The best security mark a top Bahrain online casino can have is a licence from a reputable jurisdiction, such as the ones we explored above. This, as we have seen, means that you, your rights, and your personal and banking details will be protected and respected.
But there are other security features that casinos offer as standard:
- Top-grade SSL encryption -which will appear as a small padlock icon next to the URL – means that no unwanted third-parties can see the information being sent from your device to the casino.
- Third-party certification from companies like iTech Labs, GLI, and eCOGRA confirms the casino’s algorithm is indeed random and fair.
- Responsible gambling tools, like time-outs, self-exclusion, deposit limits, and reality checks also help you take control of your gambling.
How To Play at Online Casino in Bahrain
Playing at online casinos in Bahrain is actually relatively easy. All you have to do to get started is to sign up.
- Before you sign up, make sure that the casino is trustworthy and licensed. In our Top Table List, we have a whole selection of casinos in Bahrain for you to choose from.
- Head to the Bahrain casino online of your choice and initiate the signing-up process.
- While each casino has its own sign-up process, they pretty much all ask the same things. This usually includes your first and last names, date of birth, address, email address, and mobile number.
- Once the above has been done, the casino may send you a confirmation email or a code by SMS.
- The whole process should take a couple of minutes. After that, your online casino in Bahrain account will be opened and you will be able to make your first deposit, claim your bonus, and start playing.
Land-Based Casinos in Bahrain
Bahrain does not currently have any land-based casinos, and we don’t expect that to change any time soon.
How We Rate Our Top Bahrain Online Casinos
When putting together our lists, we put a lot of focus on all the important factors that affect players. Here’s what we look at:
- Licence: If the casino doesn’t have the right licence, we simply leave it out.
- Reputation: Should the casino have a lot of negative reviews, that is taken into consideration.
- Game Variety: An online casino in Bahrain needs to have plenty of gaming options to make it onto our list!
- Customer Support: If customer support isn’t responsive, we leave the casino out.
- Mobile Availability: With more players accessing online casinos from their phones, knowing the casino caters to mobile players is crucial.
- Security & Responsible Gambling: We believe that casinos should protect their players in every possible way. If the casino doesn’t, we leave it off our list.
Bahrain Online Casino Conclusion
Although gambling is illegal in Bahrain, playing at a trusted casino site can help you scratch the itch without getting into trouble. There are a lot of casinos to choose from, too, but the best online casinos in Bahrain are those that keep you safe and which provide you with plenty of games and bonuses. Happy and safe gambling!
All forms of gambling are illegal in Bahrain. Nevertheless, many Bahraini players opt for trusted online casinos registered in offshore jurisdictions like Curaçao, Malta, or Gibraltar.
Our Top Table List above lists our 10 favourite online casinos in Bahrain. These are all trusted and licensed.
Definitely! Since you’ll be joining international gambling sites, you’ll have access to the same bonuses other players do.
Because gambling is illegal in Bahrain, there is no official gambling age. Nevertheless, no online casino worth its salt would accept players younger than 18. In fact, you should certainly not access one if you are younger.
No. Since gambling is illegal, players do not need to pay taxes on their winnings
We recommend using an e-wallet or a cryptocurrency to make your deposits. The process is quite simple and all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen.
Using cryptocurrencies through a cryptocurrency wallet is the safest way of withdrawing your winnings without the transaction showing on your bank statement.