Best Online Casino Singapore 2022
Despite online gambling being illegal in Singapore, there are plenty of offshore-licensed online casinos that offer the best online games for players. This article contains information about how the best online casinos for Singapore players operate.
- The Best Online Casinos Singapore 2022
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Singapore?
- Singapore Online Casino – What Should I Know?
- Unsafe Online Casinos in Singapore
- Games at Singapore Online Casino
- Payment Methods at Online Casino Singapore
- Bonuses at Singapore Online Casino Websites
- Best Mobile Casinos in Singapore
- How to Play at an Online Casino in Singapore
- Land-Based Casinos in Singapore
- The Future of Online Casinos in Singapore
- Singapore Casino FAQs
The Best Online Casinos Singapore 2022
100% welcome bonus on first deposit
Is Online Gambling Legal in Singapore?
Gambling in Singapore is heavily restricted, and that includes playing at online casinos operating illegally from within the country or legally from offshore jurisdictions. Those caught doing so can face harsh penalties including imprisonment.
Singapore Online Casino – What Should I Know?
Pretty much all forms of gambling are illegal in Singapore. The only type of gambling that is permitted is land-based, and that is mostly aimed at tourists visiting the sovereign island city-state.
This also affects online casinos in Singapore, which are also illegal – though other options are available. We explore this in the sections below.
Is Playing at Offshore Online Casinos in Singapore Legal?
The short answer is no, but the long answer is worth looking into further.
Singapore does not have any framework to license online casinos. This means that you won’t find any legal and licensed casinos operating from within the country. If you do come across any online casinos that state they are based in Singapore, do not sign up. These are likely to be shady and be unsafe to use.
Meanwhile, the country has outlawed its residents from playing at online casinos registered in offshore jurisdictions. Indeed, it is illegal for these casinos to accept players from Singapore.
So, in short, no – they are not legal; however, they are available and accessible, and players who look to play online slots and live casino games in Singapore use them.
Unsafe Online Casinos in Singapore
Because Singapore's restrictive gambling laws do not leave much room for legal and regulated online casinos, many dodgy, unlicensed, and unsafe casinos have sprouted up in the country over the years to take their place. You can usually tell these casinos apart from ones licensed by reputable jurisdictions if:
- The casino offers bonuses which are too good to be true or irrationally generous for them to offer
- The casino does not bear the mark of a trusted jurisdiction at the footer of their website
- The casino looks poorly designed and the website is rudimentary
- The casino has tonnes of negative comments online which mention shady behaviour
What Licences Should I Trust?
A trusted online casino in Singapore will be licensed by the official authorities of either of these countries:
- Malta (Malta Gaming Authority)
- Gibraltar (Remote Gambling – Government of Gibraltar)
- Curaçao (The Curaçao Gaming Control Board)
Users trust Singapore online casinos with licences from these jurisdictions for a number of reasons, including:
- They follow strict rules on fairness and responsible gambling.
- They are known to pay players what they are owed within the agreed time frame.
- They have a large selection of online slots, table games, and live dealer games.
- They are answerable to jurisdictions other than Singapore, so they are not likely to divulge your information to the Singaporean authorities.
What Are the Legal Sports Betting Sites in Singapore?
As we mentioned above, online gambling in Singapore is not wholly illegal. But while sports betting online is legal, it is only allowed at two state-owned monopolies:
There are restrictions on what is and what isn’t allowed here too, however. See, the only three types of sports Singapore residents are allowed to bet on are football, horse racing, and motor racing
Singapore Pool also offers three types of legal lotteries to Singaporeans. These are the 4D, the TOTO, and the Singapore Sweep lotteries.
Games at Singapore Online Casino
Top online casinos in Singapore that are registered in offshore jurisdictions offer players a wide variety of games to choose from. Most of these can be played for free, as well as for real money – but we recommend confirming that with the casino before signing up. Let's take a look at the online casino games Singapore players can expect to find:
Payment Methods at Online Casino Singapore
Because gambling online is not legal in Singapore, we do not recommend using bank transfers, or credit or debit cards for your gameplay. These will most likely be blocked by your bank, and if they aren’t, they will show up on your bank statement and potentially land you into trouble.
Instead, we suggest using one of the following methods to pay at casinos online Singapore.
Bonuses at Singapore Online Casino Websites
Players joining trusted online casinos from Singapore usually have access to the same bonuses players from other countries do. We always recommend you read the terms and conditions before signing up to ensure you are eligible, and that the payment method you’ll be using doesn’t disqualify you.
Best Mobile Casinos in Singapore
As with online gambling sites in other countries, the best online casinos in Singapore will either be optimized for mobile use, or else have their very own Android and/or iPhone app. This means casino sites, including the best online live casinos in Singapore will be available whether you're playing from your desktop at home, or phone while on the go.
How to Play at an Online Casino in Singapore
Singaporean online casinos work much the same as any other online gambling site. All it takes is following a few steps that will keep you safe and ready for casino actions.
Land-Based Casinos in Singapore
There are currently two land-based casinos in Singapore: the Marina Bay Sands Casino, and the Resorts World Sentosa Casino, which is run by Genting Resorts and forms part of the Genting Rewards programme.
These two casinos offer Singaporeans and tourists a lavish experience, and stock plenty of slot machines, table games, and more. In fact, through their offerings and their strategic location, they have become popular with visitors from China and beyond.
The legal age limit to enter the premises is 21 years.
Nevertheless, Singaporeans should keep in mind the below:
- While foreigners enter for free, Singapore residents need to pay a daily entry levy of S$150. This is valid for up to 24 consecutive hours.
- You are only allowed to visit either casino up to four times a month.
The Future of Online Casinos in Singapore
It doesn’t look like Singapore will be relaxing its laws around online casino websites any time soon. In fact, in July 2021, CNA reported that the Ministry for Home Affairs on the island was thinking of raising penalties for repeat offenders.
Nevertheless, the probability is that players will continue to play online casino games for real money from Singapore.
Singapore Casino FAQs
No, it is not legal to play casino games online in Singapore. The only things you can legally dabble in are sports betting (football, motor racing, and horse racing) and the lottery. Nevertheless, people use offshore registered casinos to gamble – which, while still illegal, are usually safe.
Our table at the top has a list of offshore Singapore casinos online that accepts players from the region.
Yes, casinos registered in Malta, Gibraltar, and Curaçao should still give you a bonus. Always check the terms and conditions before; however, bear in mind that payments methods like Skrill and NETELLER usually disqualify you.
The gambling age limit in Singapore is 18 for lottery and sports betting, and 21 for state-approved, land-based casinos. If you are under 18, you should certainly not be taking part in any form of gambling.
Since online gambling is illegal in Singapore, there are no specific taxes on gambling winnings from online casinos Singapore.
We recommend using an e-wallet or a cryptocurrency as these transactions do not show up on your bank statements. Never use your bank account or credit/debit card details.
You can do so easily using the same payment methods you use to deposit (e-wallet & cryptocurrencies). Never use your bank account or credit/debit card details.
Singapore does have a National Council on Problem Gambling for players that are having issues with their gambling habits. It is also advisable to contact a casino’s customer support immediately so they can help you self-exclude from the casino.
Joining an online, live, or mobile casino Singapore is usually free of charge. The minimum deposit accepted is normally around S$15.66, which you can then use to play your favourite casino games.
- UAE Online Casinos 2022: Your Full Guide The vibrant and luxurious cities of UAE, such as Dubai and Abu Dhabi, aren’t the Las Vegas of the Middle East, as gambling is completely banned. Despite this, many...
- Best Online Casino Bonuses 2022 | Best Casino Bonus Promotions It’s difficult not to judge a book by its cover. With casino sites, their cover comes in the form of the best and most alluring online casino bonuses they...
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
Iggy Fenech is a well-known contributor to many local magazines. His career as a casino content writer spans a number of years and includes writing blog posts for the Malta iGaming Seminar 2014, content for the Malta Gaming Authority’s website, and SEO-enabled text for casino websites.