The Best E-Wallet Casino Guide 2022
With low fees, simplicity, fast transactions, and security, it's not hard to understand why so many casino players are looking for the best e-wallet casino to sign up to. Fortunately, we've listed the top choices out there in this very article – read on to find out more!
- What Are E-Wallets?
- Our Top List of Recommended E-Wallets
- Pros & Cons of Using E-Wallets
- Are E-Wallets Safe To Use?
- Can I Get a Casino Bonus When Using an E-Wallet?
- Using an E-Wallet
- Does Using E-Wallets at Online Casinos Come With Fees?
- How Long Do E-Wallet Casino Payments Take?
- What to Keep In Mind When Choosing an E-Wallet
- Alternative Payment Methods
- What’s the Difference Between E-Wallets and Cryptocurrency Wallets?
- E-Wallet Casino Conclusion
What Are E-Wallets?
E-wallets, sometimes referred to as digital wallets, are basically online accounts where you can store your funds. You can then make payments using said funds without sharing any of your personal information with the operator.
These e-wallets are safe, and can be used to make easy and quick payments (deposits & withdrawals) to online and mobile e-wallet casinos. In other words, you can enjoy real money slots or live dealer casino games, knowing that your personal details are secure.
We have a whole list of great e-wallet services below, along with an explanation on what makes each of them worth checking out.
Our Top List of Recommended E-Wallets
As great as having options can be, it can also get daunting. We have researched as many services as possible to provide you with all the information you need in one place.
Pros & Cons of Using E-Wallets
Like all other payment methods, e-wallets come with advantages and disadvantages.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind about using e-wallets casinos at a glance.
- Fast: E-wallets are among the fastest payment methods for deposits and withdrawals.
- Safe: E-wallets are super safe, and most have two-step authentication for transfers.
- No Personal Information: When using e-wallets, you don’t need to divulge your personal or banking details to the vendor.
- Easy to Use: You can quickly set up an e-wallet account. They are also straightforward to use.
- Great for Mobile: Most e-wallets let you confirm payments directly through the app, without the need to enter long credit card numbers or bank account details.
- Limited Bonuses: Some e-wallet casinos won’t give you a bonus if you use an e-wallet for your first deposit.
- Not Universally Accepted: While most casinos accept one or more e-wallets, your favourite one may not be available at the casino site of your choice.
- Transaction Fees: Some e-wallets come with fees.
Are E-Wallets Safe To Use?
One of the primary selling points of e-wallets is their widely-recognised commitment to safety and security. In fact, many experts argue that digital wallets are safer than your real one.
This is due to a number of reasons, including that these digital wallets:
- Do not share your actual payment details with the vendor.
- Have a two-step authentication process, which verifies your purchases via SMS, email, or the app.
- Work through a proxy network that has a built-in firewall. This prevents e-wallets from accessing your personal banking history and selling it to third parties.
- Have SSL encryption to prevent hacking of the e-wallet database.
- Work hard to inform customers about any phishing emails or other scams as soon as they are made aware of them.
All this makes e-wallet casinos a great option for players looking to protect themselves through this simple-to-use technology.
In addition to the safety measures afforded to users by the e-wallet services, the legal casinos that accept e-wallets are usually licensed by jurisdictions like Malta, Gibraltar, Alderney, Sweden, the UK, or Curaçao. All of these impose strict rules on the casinos to keep both you and your money secure.
Can I Get a Casino Bonus When Using an E-Wallet?
This is a question we’re often asked, but the answer depends on both the e-wallet casino and the service you choose to use.
Even so, one way around this is to use an alternative payment method (such as a credit card or cryptocurrency) to make your first deposit. When you do so, you should have access to the following bonuses.
Always read the Terms & Conditions of each and every bonus before taking one up. Things like wagering requirements, deadlines, and which games contribute to your wagering requirements can make a big difference to your overall experience.
Also, keep in mind that at most casinos, using Skrill or NETELLER for your first deposit will result in you forfeiting your welcome bonus.
Using an E-Wallet
When it comes to depositing and withdrawing using an e-wallet, the process is usually quick, easy, and safe.
But that's not all! Even registering and funding your e-wallets are simple affairs.
Here we look at how to use a digital wallet from start to finish.
If you are a UK resident, you cannot use e-wallet funds that come from credit cards. This is due to a recently-enacted law by the UK Gambling Commission. To avoid this, simply use a debit card or your bank account to fund your e-wallet account.
How to Register for an E-Wallet
Another reason for the ubiquity of digital wallets is their ease of use, as well as ease of registration. One important thing to note is that some e-wallets link directly to your bank account, while others only link to your debit/credit card.
In order to register an e-wallet for casino gaming, just visit the website of any wallets that we recommend. It’s usually as simple as making an account, verifying your email and phone number and authenticating your banking details.
You can even register directly via your mobile device – no download needed! Alternatively, you can choose to download the e-wallet’s app to make faster payments.
How to Deposit to an Online Casino Using an E-Wallet
Ready to start playing at an e-wallet casino?
Most casinos only allow you to withdraw funds using the same deposit method.
Does Using E-Wallets at Online Casinos Come With Fees?
The fees for using an e-wallet at online casino sites can vary depending on many factors. After all, digital wallets are a service like any other, and need to run profitably in order to stay in business.
Fees depend on your country and currency, method of payment to/from the e-wallet, and of course, the e-wallet itself. Most of the time, you will encounter a visual guide to these fees on their website.
Let’s review some common fees you may encounter with e-wallet online gambling:
- Deposit Fees: Some digital wallets charge you a commission whenever you load them with money. While it is sometimes free to do so, they often charge 1% of the total amount, but this can go up to 5% or more.
- Withdrawal Fees: While some e-wallets might not charge you to make a deposit, other e-wallets may charge you to make withdrawals to your main bank account. These can also be as little as 1% and up to 5% or more. Alternatively, they may offer their own bank card to avoid fees altogether, as is the case with NETELLER’s Mastercard.
- Currency Exchange Fees: You may be charged fees to exchange money from one currency to another. The service should specify these fees before you confirm the transaction.
How Long Do E-Wallet Casino Payments Take?
Overall, e-wallet casino payments are quick. Most deposits to online casinos using e-wallets are instantaneous. In fact, they should never take any longer than a couple of minutes.
Withdrawals are quick, too. Yet the first one usually takes a few days while the casino verifies your identity.
What to Keep In Mind When Choosing an E-Wallet
In today’s online casino world, there are a myriad of payment methods you can choose from, including multiple e-wallets. Here are a few factors to consider when choosing an e-wallet:
- Why are you using an E-wallet?
E-wallets are great if you want to keep your gambling transactions off your credit/debit card statements or your bank account logs. They can also be used by people looking for a secure method which doesn’t disclose their personal details to the online casino.
- Which country are you playing from?
While most of the e-wallets we mention here are international, ones like WebMoney are very country-specific. Others, like PayPal, NETELLER, and Skrill, are more common but cannot be funded with credit cards in the UK. Of course, not all of them accept all currencies, so that should also be taken into consideration.
- Would you like a casino bonus?
As we’ve mentioned before, some e-wallet casinos won’t offer a bonus if you make a first deposit using these services. However, once you've placed your first deposit, you're welcome to use your favourite e-wallet method to claim future bonus offers.
- Does the casino accept it?
Although virtually all casinos accept one or more e-wallets, they don’t all accept the same services. Prior to joining a casino, check if your favourite e-wallet is available at your casino and whether it can be used from your country of residence. Contact customer support to be sure.
- Can I use the e-wallet at mobile casinos?
E-wallets are a fantastic choice for users who prefer to play casino games online wherever they please. After all, digital casino wallets are safe, swift and easy to use. And many of the major e-wallets, like Skrill and PayPal, have their own apps for streamlining casino payments. Just download the e-wallet’s mobile application, and sign up at one of our recommended mobile casinos.
Alternative Payment Methods
If you don’t like the sound of e-wallet casinos, then you can always opt for a different payment method.
What’s the Difference Between E-Wallets and Cryptocurrency Wallets?
Despite having similar-sounding names, they’re not the same thing at all.
E-wallets are used to store and pay with fiat currency like the euro or the Great British pound.
E-Wallet Casino Conclusion
E-wallets’ ease of use, quick transfer times, and elevated safety features have made them a favourite payment method all across the world. They have completely revolutionised the way many of us gamble online, and we certainly recommend considering them the next time you’re playing online.
Most online casino now accept e-wallet payments, and we have provided a list of the best ones above.
E-wallet deposits and withdrawals are among the fastest available. Deposits are instant, and most withdrawals are either instant or take up to 24 hours.
Electronic wallets are extremely secure as your banking information is not stored on the vendor’s server.
Yes. As a rule of thumb, if the casino accepts an e-wallet as a deposit method, then it will allow you to make withdrawals using the same e-wallet.
Yes, they are. You’ll find e-wallet payment methods like Skrill, NETELLER, and PayPal at virtually every major online casino.
Most of them certainly do! Scroll up for a list of casinos that accept e-wallets.
It’s a type of digital wallet used for cryptocurrency like Bitcoin and Litecoin. While some e-wallets offer cryptocurrency services, the two wallets should not be confused.
To get free credit or a free spins bonus at an e-wallet casino, you’ll need to claim a no deposit bonus or a welcome bonus with such benefits. Remember some e-wallets disqualify you from receiving certain bonuses.
Indeed you can! Most of the best e-wallet casinos are mobile-optimised, and many have dedicated mobile applications, too.
- The Best Mobile Casinos & Mobile Bonuses in 2022 The best mobile casinos give you the chance to play from anywhere you may be, with excellent mobile bonuses to boot! In this article, we’ll tap into the different...
- Best Casino Deposit Methods: Online Payment Guide Casino payment methods have come a long way, allowing for seamless gaming experiences and managing your bankroll with the push of a button. In this article, we'll go over...
- Bank Wire Casinos 2022: Casino Sites Accepting Bank Transfer There are many modern casino deposit methods that allow players to make deposits and withdrawals at the best online casinos, using their internet banking to make quick and easy...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.