Guide to AstroPay & the Best AstroPay Casinos Online in 2023
AstroPay is a secure online payment method used by customers around the globe. Since its start back in 2009, the service has increased in popularity among players at the best online casinos, especially within India and South America.
Keep reading for more information about AstroPay casinos, and find out how and why you should use this payment solution.
8 Best AstroPay Casinos for 2023
- High deposit limits for AstroPay card
- Accepts players from Brazil and Argentina
- 100s of top Playtech slots & games
- Many banking options inc. AstroPay card
- Slots & games from 20+ developers
- Seasonal promotions & weekly tournaments
- AstroPay accepted in multiple currencies
- Exclusive big-money jackpot slots
- Daily Wheel of Fortune spins
- Accepts AstroPay card deposits as standard
- Available in Latin America & South America
- Attractive real-money slots tournaments
- Various deposit options inc. AstroPay card
- Weekly promotions such as the Winter Fest
- Big-money drops & wins slots
- Easy AstroPay deposits via prepaid card
- Member of the 888 chain of casinos
- Daily Wheel of Fortune spins
How to Use AstroPay for Online Casinos
AstroPay works in two ways – as an online e-wallet and a prepaid card – making it the perfect payment method for gamblers. It’s also a great alternative to debit and credit cards, which require you to share sensitive information online.
Download the AstroPay app or register by visiting the official website and entering your mobile phone number. Enter the 6-digit verification code sent to your smartphone and create a unique AstroPay account password.
Then provide your name, date of birth and email address. Enter your driver’s licence or passport number and finally, hit the ‘Done’ button to get started.
How to Deposit at AstroPay Casinos
AstroPay casinos allow you to use your AstroPay card or e-wallet to make deposits. Some sites will also let you send cash directly from your bank account via AstroPay, making things even more convenient.
This is like a virtual prepaid card which is a fast and easy way to make payments at an AstroPay card casino. An AstroPay card costs between £10 and £800, but you can choose your own currency when you pay for it.
How to get an AstroPay card to use online:
- Log in to your AstroPay account.
- Click on the ‘Purchase Card’ option.
- Choose a card amount and currency.
- Select a payment method (credit cards are only for Silver level customers).
- Hit the ‘Accept’ button to complete your purchase.
How to make an online casino deposit using AstroPay:
- Log in to your casino account.
- Open the ‘Cashier' tab.
- Select AstroPay from the list of deposit options.
- Enter the 16-digit AstroPay card number and the amount you want to deposit. You can also save multiple AstroPay cards for use later on.
- Enter the 4-digit security code from your AstroPay card.
- Hit the ‘Deposit’ button.
Learn how to use the AstroPay card with this handy video below.
It’s a breeze to transfer funds to your AstroPay wallet. First, download the AstroPay app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Alternatively, you can sign up online at the AstroPay website.
Next, follow these steps:
- Log in to your AstroPay account.
- Select the Wallet option.
- Hit ‘Add Funds’ and select your amount and currency.
- Choose a valid payment method used to upload funds.
- Hit the ‘Accept’ button to add money to your AstroPay wallet.
With funds in your wallet, you can make deposits at AstroPay casinos:
- Open ‘Cashier' tab from your casino account.
- Select AstroPay from the menu of options.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and your password.
- You’ll be redirected to the AstroPay website. Enter your linked mobile number.
- Enter the activation code sent to your phone.
- Either top up funds or use existing funds from your wallet.
- Hit the ‘Confirm Purchase’ button to complete the transfer.
AstroPay Gift Card
You can also send and receive gift cards through your AstroPay account. Simply log in to your AstroPay account and select a gift card of your choice. Next, choose your currency and gift card amount.
Gift cards can be used at a recognised AstroPay casino online or online stores.
AstroPay Direct acts as a third party between the online casino and your own bank, giving players the option of sending cash from their bank account.
In order to use it, open the cashier tab and select AstroPay Direct from the menu. Then, select your bank of preference from the list and enter the amount you want to deposit. You’ll be redirected to your online banking page where you can complete the transaction.
How to Withdraw from AstroPay Casinos
An AstroPay withdrawal casino is a little tricky to find. In general, online casinos accept AstroPay cards for deposits only, so you won’t be able to cash out to a prepaid card.
However, some of our top-rated AstroPay casinos will allow withdrawals back to an AstroPay wallet or bank account by using AstroPay Direct. Here’s how: first, open the ‘Cashier' tab within your casino account and select ‘Withdrawals’. Then, simply select the AstroPay option and enter your password to complete the withdrawal.
The AstroPay Mobile App
The beauty of AstroPay is that you can manage all your money and prepaid cards via a single wallet all through the app.
You can also use the latter to purchase multiple AstroPay cards to use whenever you please. Alternatively, you can top up your AstroPay e-wallet via card, cryptocurrency or bank transfer.
AstroPay Casinos in India & South America
AstroPay was set up to cater primarily for online customers in South America. Meanwhile, in India, AstroPay is being used more and more by customers to purchase goods online.
In fact, the official website is available in Spanish or English. Moreover, you can make wallet deposits or card purchases through a range of banks in the regions.
Should You Choose AstroPay?
At an AstroPay casino online, you can use your prepaid card just like you would a regular debit card. Having said that, like most other things in life, it’s not for everyone.
Below is a quick glance at the advantages and disadvantages of playing at an AstroPay card casino:
- Safe and secure payments online
- Earn loyalty bonuses the more you use AstroPay
- Avoid using a debit card or credit card
- Available in several currencies and cryptocurrency
- Not widely accepted at licensed online casinos
- High deposit limits only available to VIPs
- AstroPay live chat can be unreliable
Alternatives to AstroPay
With AstroPay casinos you can make instant deposits through a prepaid card or wallet. However, it’s good to have a few other top casino payment and deposit methods at your disposal if you need them.
A cryptocurrency transfer is a good alternative if you aren’t happy with AstroPay’s low deposit limits. At the best crypto casinos, you can make instant transactions with digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Ripple.
All you need is the casino’s crypto wallet address, and the payments are instant. You won’t pay the casino a penny in fees, either.
An e-wallet is a secure digital space where you can store funds and send them anonymously over the web. If AstroPay isn’t available, you can use alternative e-wallets at online casinos.
Send money instantly via PayPal or NETELLER and enjoy safe and speedy payments every time. You can also send cash from AstroPay to PayPal through the PayPal app.
paysafecard is the leading prepaid voucher for making purchases online. Like AstroPay, you receive a 16-digit virtual card number which you can use to send cash over the web. paysafecard is free to use and is widely accepted at many online casinos.
AstroPay Online Casinos – Summary
At AstroPay casinos you can use your secure prepaid voucher or e-wallet to make instant deposits online. As a loyal AstroPay customer, you can also enjoy regular benefits such as gift cards and priority support.
Check out our list of the best AstroPay casinos above and choose your favourite. Don't forget to claim your welcome bonus after signing up!
AstroPay Casinos FAQs
Yes, you can. Download the AstroPay app to your iOS or Android smartphone to make deposits, or purchase a prepaid AstroPay card.
There are no AstroPay charges when you send cash to your online casino account. However, AstroPay may charge a small fee to make a withdrawal from your wallet.
Yes. Deposit limits range from £500 for debit cards to £3750 for bank transfers. Most AstroPay casinos will limit deposits to £500.
AstroPay casinos will process your deposit instantly. You can enjoy your favourite slots and table games without any delays!
Absolutely. AstroPay uses the latest SSL encryption to protect your funds on both ends of the transaction. You also never have to share sensitive card details online.
No. Only a selection of AstroPay casinos is available in 2023. Take a look at our list of the best online casinos for AstroPay at the beginning of this article.
Apart from AstroPay casinos, AstroPay prepaid cards are also accepted at thousands of online merchants, including iTunes and Nintendo.