2022 Guide to the Best Online Casinos Romania
Are you looking for the best Romania Online Casino in 2022? We’ve got you covered with a complete guide on top licensed operators and what they offer.
- Top Romanian Casino Sites in 2022
- Romania Online Casino – How it Works?
- Is Online Gambling Legal in Romania?
- How To Register at a Romanian Online Casino
- Online Mobile Casinos in Romania – How Do They Work?
- Games You Can Find in Romanian casinos
- What Bonuses Can I Get At a Romanian Casino?
- Romanian Online Casino Payment Methods
- How To Win On a Romania Online Casino
- Best Online Casinos Romania
Top Romanian Casino Sites in 2022
72 free spins+ €2200Play * more terms & conditions apply
100% up to 1000 RON + 100 spins on a first depositPlay * more terms & conditions apply
100% up to 999 RON + 101 free spins + 5 free Jackpot Poker TokensPlay * more terms & conditions apply
2000 RON + 300 Free SpinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
New players. £10 deposit. No e-wallets/prepaid cards. Up to 500 free spins. 40x plt on free spins winnings. T+Cs apply. 18+.
up to 1000 RON + 50 free spinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
100% up to 1500 RON + 20 free spinsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
1500 RON + 300 Free Spins At Netent slotsPlay * more terms & conditions apply
Romania Online Casino – How it Works?
In Romania, online casinos function similarly to their land-based counterparts. In order to be established as legal entities that are allowed to publish their game offering and earn revenue, each operator needs to go through a process of licensing.
Romania considers the following gambling activities: lottery, betting, casino, poker, land-based slot machine gaming, bingo, keno, and tombola.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Romania?
Short answer? Yes – both in online and land-based casinos, but under certain conditions. Whereas illegal gambling is prohibited in Romania and punishable by law, legal gambling is not.
Every resident of the country of at least 18 years old (the official legal gambling age) can register at an online casino, provided that the operator in question has a legitimate, active license and is approved by the Romanian Regulator.
In Romania, the official gambling regulating authority is ONJN („Oficiul Național pentru Jocuri de Noroc.”).
If you wish to always gamble safely , we advise you to take a look over the official approved list of operators. You will find them split into categories, from slots operators to poker, sports betting or bingo.
We also advise you to keep an eye out on the official government page because it also updates the list of operators who have been blacklisted or whose licenses have been revoked in real time.
Remember: illegal gambling gets you a fine of 5000 to 10 000 RON so it’s best to stay informed!
Gambling Licenses in Romania
There are two types of licenses granted to online gaming operators in Romania: class I (for games of chance) and class II (for online and offline gambling solutions, including software).
Licensing involves a strict set of conditions and fees and a license is typically granted for 10 years.
- What about taxes?
Casino revenue and player revenue are both subjected to tax. Licensed online casinos in Romania need to pay a monthly fixed 2% vices fee to the gambling regulator, ONJN. This 2% percentage is calculated from the total deposits made by players.
The good news for the players is that they don’t need to pay their taxes themselves – what they owe to the state from their gambling earnings is withhold at the source on every casino withdrawal. However, the casino needs to pay:
- 1% tax for gross player incomes less than €15 000
- 16% for everything between €15 000-100 000 gross
- 25% for player earnings over €100 000 gross
How To Register at a Romanian Online Casino
In order to be eligible for registration at a Romania online casino, you need to comply with two criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not have any other casino player account on the same IP (multiple account attempts from the same device are prohibited and result in a ban)
If you have these two boxes ticked, everything from here on out is straightforward. The good news is that most Romanian online casinos follow the same basic registration procedure. Here’s the steps you need to follow (we’ll take Netbet as an example):
- Access the casino’s sign-up section (can typically be found in the top bar)
- Create An Account (skip the log-in and move down below to registration)
- Fill out the details
You will get asked to fill out personal information such as e-mail address, gender, date of birth, phone number and address, as well as confirm your age. Some casinos also present their welcome offer for new players at this stage.
In order to top up your account and start real money gambling, you’ll need to pass what is called a KYC check or identity check.
All registered casinos in Romania give players a time window of 30 days after their first deposit to submit documents such as CNP (unique Romanian identification number), a copy of your ID and/or passport or driver’s license.
Then and only then is your account active.
Online Mobile Casinos in Romania – How Do They Work?
Most large operators in the country are mobile-friendly, especially since the global tendency is towards mobile devices and many users prefer the flexibility and convenience of gambling anytime, anywhere. Mobile casinos in Romania function in two basic ways:
- Offer insta-browser play from all devices – in this case, the operator has a robust, optimized platform for Android and iOs devices (tablet and smart-phone) that allows the same game variety as the desktop version
- Offer a dedicated mobile app – in this case, players may get additional functions such as registration and payment and better speed, but some games might not be available, compared to the desktop version
We should also mention that mobile players have access to the same bonuses as desktop players, which is an added benefit.
Games You Can Find in Romanian casinos
Romanian Casinos typically offer a great deal of variety and cater to all player categories – the country has a very active gambling community and operators constantly add to their games offering. Here’s what you can find:
- Card and Table Games
Romanian Casinos offer the most popular card and table games, such as poker, baccarat, blackjack and roulette. Some provide them strictly in online format (free/demo + real money), whilst others also have a live dealer version.
It also bears mentioning that the number of game variations found on a given platform differs from operator to operator, with common ones being Casino Hold’Em Poker, Single Deck Blackjack, European Roulette, Classic Baccarat etc.
- Live Casino
An impressive number of Romanian Casinos have made live casino their star offer, most notably Unibet, Fortuna, Netbet and 888 Casino. Stakes are variable, starting from just 0.5 RON for beginners up to a couple hundred RON for high rollers.
Live casino offers typically include live poker, roulette and blackjack, with their respective variations (Immersive Roulette, Common Draw Blackjack, Texas Hold’Em poker etc.) and RTPs that can get to a whopping 99%.
It’s important to mention that the software providers for live casino are typically either Playtech or Evolution Gaming, two industry giants known for their quality 3D streaming, robust platforms and professional dealers.
Bingo is a lesser popular game in Romania, probably because the RTP is lower than slots, however it does have its fair share of fans and operators that cater to them.
One such example is Vlad Cazino that offers an impressive number of variations, minigames and competitions for bingo players.
Poker is one of the most loved card games in Romania, hence why there are many operators that have dedicated clients for poker, apps, guides or player tournaments, most notably Unibet and 888.
Most commonly found variations are Texas Hold’Em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo and Triple Stud.
Both tombola and raffles are common incentives offered to Romanian players by top casino operators. Usually they are part of land-based casinos but can also be found online.
Players get awarded with either lucky tickets to various competitions and tournaments (poker, blackjack etc.), cash prizes or even holidays.
What Bonuses Can I Get At a Romanian Casino?
Any Romania online casino will provide an array of different bonuses for beginners and high rollers aimed to either attract new players to their platform or loyalize versed players.
Most common bonus types that you can find are:
- No deposit bonuses (usually awarded only once, also known as welcome or sign-up bonuses)
- First deposit bonuses (they usually match the player’s initial deposit or double it)
- Loyalty points
- Cash-back (typically awarded at slots)
- VIP privileges (usually for high-rollers)
- Free spins (typically awarded at certain slots or as part of the welcome package)
What Game Providers Can I Find at a Romania Online Casino?
Licensed, trustworthy Romanian operators only work with top iGaming software providers that are known internationally for fairness, security and quality or employ RNG technology (Random Number Generator).
We should also mention that Admiral Casino is the only official partner for Novomatic slots in Romania. PlayTech also has a live casino in Bucharest.
Romanian Online Casino Payment Methods
If you wish to make your first deposit or withdraw your earnings, these are the most widely available payment methods at Romanian Online Casinos:
- Credit/Debit Cards – Visa, Mastercard, Maestro
- Prepaid methods – PaySafeCard
- Bank Transfer
- Mobile Apps – Google Pay
- E-wallets/E-Currency – Paypal, Neteller, Skrill
- Fintech – Revolut, Trustly
The most popular currencies players can use at Romanian Casinos are RON (Romanian Leu, national currency) and EUR.
In terms of cryptocurrency (used in cryptocasinos), however, most online casinos in the country have yet to implement it for payment, with the notable exception of Netbet, the first Romanian Casino to allow Bitcoin deposits.
How To Win On a Romania Online Casino
Although there isn’t a fixed recipe for success at a Romania Online Casino, there are some things you can keep an eye out for to boost your win potential:
- Play demo versions…a lot – this allows you to get familiar with game rules and come up with a strategy, without risking your own bankroll
- Look for a good RTP score – slots, for example, have an industry average of 95%. The lower the house edge, the bigger your chances to win
- Go for progressive slots – their jackpots are the total sum of all player contributions in a given region so you can score big
- Take full advantage of promotions – especially no deposit bonuses and free spins
Best Online Casinos Romania
Most common ones are no deposit and first deposit bonuses, but you may also get free spins, cash-back or birthday bonuses.
Credit cards, debit cards and bank transfer are accepted pretty much anywhere, but you can also use e-wallets.
Depends on what you’re looking for. Most have a generous offer of slots and table games from top providers, but some are known for one type – e.g. Admiral and slots, 888 and poker etc.
Most online casinos in Romania have a fully optimized mobile platform, but others may ask you to download software or a dedicated app.
Usually you may get asked to bet the bonus amount a certain amount of times before withdrawing your earnings (15x, 30x etc.).
They need to be 18 years of age and reside in Romania.
Look for aspects such as reputation, trustworthiness, games offer, bonuses and payment methods.
Yes, your casino revenue is subjected to tax, but you don’t need to worry since it’s withhold at the source for your every withdrawal.
- Best Live Dealer Poker Casinos & Top Live Dealer Poker Games You’d have to be living under a rock to have never heard of online live dealer poker! No online casino would be complete without a great selection of live...
- Bitcoin Poker – Best Bitcoin Poker Sites for 2022 Bitcoin poker follows the same rules as regular online poker, while allowing players to enjoy their favourite card game anonymously using BTC for deposits and withdrawals. [toc] [bookmakertablelist id="36337"] How...
- Best Qiwi Casinos and Bonuses in 2022 Qiwi is an online payment service established in Moscow, Russia in 2008. The company has its headquarters in Cyprus, with its main clients being Eastern Countries such as Russia,...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.