Best Litecoin Casinos in 2022: Top LTC Casinos!
The renewed interest in cryptocurrencies is undeniable lately, and that is exactly why Litecoin casinos are on the rise. If you’re looking to pick a quality Litecoin casino you can trust, you've come to the right place! Our experts are here to weigh in on how to go about Litecoin gambling and what casino games you can find on these sites.
- Best Litecoin Casinos Online in 2022
- What Is Litecoin?
- Litecoin at Online Casinos – How Does It Work?
- Litecoin Casino Bonuses
- How To Choose a Litecoin Casino
- Litecoin Gambling Games
- Litecoin Payments
- Are There Any Litecoin Fees?
- Pros & Cons of Litecoin Casinos
- Pros and Cons of Using Litecoin at a Glance
- Litecoin vs. Bitcoin Cash
- Alternatives to Litecoin Casinos
- Summary – Is it Worth Playing at Litecoin Casinos?
Best Litecoin Casinos Online in 2022
100% + 100 free spins welcome package
10% Weekly Cashback
100% matched deposit bonus of up to 5 BTC + 50 free spins
Welcome Package up to 6,000 USDT / EUR
Welcome Bonus: 100% up to €1000 +100 Free Spins
No Limit Rewards
No Limit Casino Play
What Is Litecoin?
Litecoin, styled LTC, is a type of cryptocurrency, which means that it exists in a digital format with no physical coins or bank notes available.
And, as you might have guessed, Litecoin – the “silver” to Bitcoin’s “gold” wins in both departments – it is both faster and cheaper than its more famous brother.
LTC has an average transaction time of 2.5 minutes (as opposed to Bitcoin’s 10-minute average), and a fee of $0.0024 per transaction instead of the $0.68 average per Bitcoin transaction.
Like Bitcoin, Litecoin is not tied down to any bank, country, entity, or corporation; rather, a network of computers (run by verified users) vets your transfers in real time. In terms of gambling, however, Litecoin works in practically the same way as Bitcoin.
History of Litecoin
First released in October 2011, Litecoin is the brainchild of Charlie Lee, a then-Google employee. The idea behind the new altcoin, which was a fork of Bitcoin, was to offer users faster transaction times and cheaper transaction rates, both of which it achieved from the get-go.
While Litecoin has always been a popular cryptocurrency, managing to reach a high of $44 in 2014, the coin was not worth much between mid-2014 and the start of 2017. Still, things were set to change – the new surge in interest in cryptocurrency made the LTC price skyrocket to $375 by the end of 2017.
However, as diehard crypto fans will already know, Litecoin was not without its controversy…
As Litecoin was reaching this market high, its inventor, Lee, ‘sold and donated’ all his Litecoin tokens, making people wonder if it was all going to come crashing down. Thankfully, it hasn’t – the general public’s interest in the altcoin has never waned and Litecoin remains a popular digital investment for many people around the globe.
Litecoin at Online Casinos – How Does It Work?
Litecoin casinos are online casinos that accept LTC as a payment method.
Litecoin transactions are confirmed through the use of blockchain technology – a decentralised database that is open and public. This makes it harder for hackers to steal your virtual money or data, and ensures that your transactions always remain secure.
If you’re new to the exciting world of cryptocurrency gambling, don’t fret too much – the bottom line is that the majority of them operate much like traditional online casinos.
When joining an LTC casino, you will still have to register, provide some personal information, and deposit money before you can start playing. There will also be bonuses and games organised in a similar structure on the site. Moreover, the usual security features are in place, including a good licence that allows it to operate legally.
One of the main differences, however, is that casinos that accept Litecoin are still a relatively new development. To combat the lack of trust some people still have regarding cryptocurrency, these casinos sometimes reveal their software algorithms to show that everything is provably fair – an unimaginable practice for most traditional online casinos.
How To Buy Litecoin
The first step to Litecoin gambling isn’t signing up to an LTC casino, but getting your hands on Litecoin tokens and storing them in a cryptocurrency wallet.
But how does all of this work? Below, we take an in-depth look at how to acquire Litecoin, how to store it, and how to spend it.
There are four main ways in which you can get Litecoin into your portfolio:
- You can receive the tokens as payment for an object or service.
- You can mine them yourself (requires the use of specific hardware, so it’s not available to everyone).
- You can get some for free through a Litecoin faucet (this is a website or app that pays you a small amount of Litecoin for completing a task, such as playing a game or completing a simple captcha).
- You can buy them from an exchange (Binance and Coinbase are great options).
The fourth option is the simplest way to get your hands on Litecoin. To buy LTC tokens, you can either head to the official Litecoin website, where you can purchase the cryptocurrency just as you would an object from an online shopping site or buy from an exchange using fiat currency (EUR, USD, etc.), then send to your Litecoin wallet.
When buying cryptocurrencies, you will need somewhere to store them, and that’s where cryptocurrency wallets come in.
The safest way of storing any cryptocurrency is on a hardware, non-custodial wallet such as Trezor or Ledger, where you control your private keys.
We have also prepared a selection of the best software-based Litecoin wallets that give you the chance to easily and securely buy cryptocurrencies using traditional fiat methods.
Litecoin Casino Bonuses
The majority of online casinos that accept LTC give their players good bonuses. This is because it is cheaper and faster for the casino to be paid in a cryptocurrency rather than a fiat one, and so the savings are passed along to you in the shape of bonus money, which you will then use to play at the casino.
Sounds like a win-win situation for both you and the casino!
One small mention, though – these bonuses are rarely listed as an LTC casino welcome bonus or an LTC casino no deposit bonus. That is because most casinos that allow players to deposit in Litecoin also exchange the cryptocurrency to a fiat one in order for them to play casino games.
How To Choose a Litecoin Casino
While having lots of choices available on the market can be a good thing, we also acknowledge that some of our readers might feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of Litecoin casinos available and not know how to select the right one for their budget and needs.
Have no fear, we’re here to help – our team of experts can confirm that the Litecoin casinos listed on this page are all trustworthy, legal and safe.
Litecoin gambling should only ever be done at licensed casinos that are reputable and secure. You should look for all the security features you’d normally seek in a normal casino, such as a good licence, third-party certification, affiliations and responsive customer care.
This is important whenever you play casino games for real money online, but it’s even more so when it comes to cryptocurrency casinos, where scammers are more likely to lurk.
And, if you wish to do your own research, here’s what you need to check:
Licensing & Security
Make sure the Litecoin casino of your choice has a licence from a reputable jurisdiction. Having valid credentials means that the casino follows a specific set of requirements which, ultimately, are there to protect you. When it comes to Litecoin gambling, you are more likely to find support at Curaçao casinos rather than UKGC casinos, Malta gambling sites, Gibraltar betting pages or Swedish casino sites.
One of the best ways to assess the legitimacy of your Litecoin casino is to test out the responsiveness of customer support by sending a message on all channels, such as email, phone, and live chat.
Ideally, your LTC casino of choice should offer all of them on a 24/7 basis so you can quickly solve any issues involving deposits, withdrawals or account verification.
It’s always a good idea to also look for cryptocurrency casinos that have provably fair software, which is used to ensure that neither the players nor the casino can cheat at Litecoin games, making these casinos the safest on the market.
When casinos take extra security steps like this, it’s typically a good sign that they care about their users. The best LTC casinos in Europe and elsewhere also get fairness certification by an independent testing board, such as by iTech Labs, GLI, and eCOGRA.
A good casino only affiliates itself with reputable and trustworthy games providers. Think of it as the gambling equivalent to the popular saying “tell me who your friends are.”
These providers not only create fabulous new games that entice the senses, but also use RNG technology (Random Number Generator) to ensure fair and completely random odds on every spin. This technology – coupled with the RTP score of the games – cannot be changed by the online casino, so you can rest assured that it’s the same everywhere.
Litecoin Gambling Games
We know you’re here to start playing casino games using Litecoin, so we’ll get to the point and answer your most pressing question: what kind of casino games do Litecoin casinos offer?
Short answer? Everything under the sun.
They all have the games you’ve come to expect to find at any online casino, such as video slots, table games like roulette, blackjack, video poker, baccarat, and craps. They also offer a great assortment of live dealer casino games, lotteries, bingo, keno, dice games and more.
Although many LTC casinos allow deposits and withdrawals in the currency, they might also exchange it for fiat money or, at times, even Bitcoin.
A great thing about Litecoin is that it is an incredibly easy and fast way to make deposits and withdrawals.
Although it takes just as long to set up a transfer as using your credit card or e-wallet, Litecoin payments offer added security, faster transaction times, and the opportunity for even better bonuses.
Here’s how it all works:
Depositing With Litecoin
In order to get the ball rolling on Litecoin gambling, you only need to follow a few basic steps:
Withdrawing With Litecoin
So your newest Litecoin gambling session turned you into a winner – congratulations! It’s now time to withdraw your funds and we promise it’s just as easy:
Are There Any Litecoin Fees?
Litecoin casinos do not charge players any fees for depositing or withdrawing funds in LTC rather than in another currency.
Although Litecoin itself comes with some fees, they are admittedly quite low. As any cryptocurrency whose transfers are conducted over Blockchain technology, there are network fees involved that vary depending on how busy the network is at a given time.
Other fees might be charged by your cryptocurrency wallet (usually a percentage of how much you will be transferring) or by online casinos if they convert your Litecoin into a fiat currency.
Having said that, even with all these numbers combined, you are looking at a fee that is of a couple of pounds/dollars/euro – which is barely significant compared to how much you are transferring.
But, as always, do check the terms and conditions of your cryptocurrency wallet and your LTC casino of choice to make sure you are securing a good deal.
Pros & Cons of Litecoin Casinos
Advantages of Using Litecoin to Gamble
- Faster Withdrawals: Litecoin is not affiliated with any banks or entities – transactions are done through a decentralised network of computers that doesn’t differentiate between working or off days. For that reason, cryptocurrency transactions tend to be faster than those made using traditional payment methods.
- Better Bonuses: Gambling sites that accept cryptocurrencies have come to realise that such payment methods actually save them a lot of time and money. For that reason, many LTC casinos tend to give out bigger bonuses than when signing up using a fiat currency.
- Lower Fees: Fees for LTC transactions are a fraction of the price you’d pay for the majority of traditional payment methods, as well as some other cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. The difference may be of just a few cents, but it all adds up!
- Security: By using blockchain technology, which is one of the safest networks in the existence, you are actually adding an extra, heavy layer of security to those of the casino. This means that your money is even less likely to be stolen.
- Privacy: All Litecoin transactions are anonymous as they carry a public wallet number rather than your details. This doesn’t mean that authorities can’t find out it’s you, but for all intents and purposes, other people certainly won’t.
Disadvantages of Using Litecoin to Gamble
- Not Accepted at All Casinos: While the number of casinos that accept LTC is on the increase, they are still not a majority.
- Licensing: Some cryptocurrency casinos, including LTC gambling sites, are not properly licensed – meaning that by joining them you could be putting yourself and your money at risk. For that reason, it is imperative that you only join a casino that is reputable. We have done the research for you, and have listed numerous legal and licensed LTC casinos above.
- Loss of Value: Cryptocurrencies can be incredibly volatile, and their worth may fluctuate greatly from one day to another. This may lead some players to worry that what they are depositing may not be worth much for long.
- Playing Currency: Most sites that accept deposits in LTC do not allow players to play using LTC. This could imply that you will need to use a cryptocurrency wallet through which you can pay in LTC but the casino receives your funds in fiat money, or else for the casino to exchange it itself. Either way, the exchange rate may not always be favourable.
Pros and Cons of Using Litecoin at a Glance
- Withdrawals tend to be faster
- Bonuses tend to be larger
- Lower fees than most other payment methods
- Better security
- Anonymous transactions
- Not accepted by all casinos
- Increased risk of joining an unlicensed casino
- LTC may lose value due to market changes
- Casinos may exchange LTC to fiat money
Litecoin vs Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrencies
You may be wondering – is Litecoin any different from other cryptocurrencies? Does it offer any significant advantages when used for gambling purposes?
When we compare Litecoin to other cryptocurrencies, we’re looking at aspects such as security, speed of transfer, fees and global coverage.
With that said, here are the main bullet points to remember:
Litecoin vs. Bitcoin
Let’s start with the similarities: Bitcoin and Litecoin are both decentralised cryptocurrencies that use blockchain technology to record, authenticate and process transfers. They can both be purchased and mined; and can both be used to gamble in one way or another.
So far, so good. But what about the differences?
Well, Litecoin was invented to solve two supposedly major issues that Bitcoin has: the cost of each transaction, and how long each transaction takes to be effected.
Litecoin transactions are four times faster than those of Bitcoin, clocking in at around 2.5 minutes on average (though a more realistic number is 20 minutes as opposed to Bitcoin’s one hour).
But, there is one major flaw in all this. For Litecoin transactions to be faster, they use a new type of algorithm called Scrypt, which is not as secure as the SHA-256 algorithm used by Bitcoin.
Moreover, the difference in the fees ($0.0024 for Litecoin vs $0.68 for Bitcoin) is noticeable only for people transferring a small amount of cryptocurrencies.
Lastly, there is a set amount of Bitcoin that can ever be mined, while there isn’t such a cap for Litecoin and, as it stands today, Bitcoin is still the number one cryptocurrency by market cap.
While Litecoin gambling is certainly on the rise, it’s still not as popular as Bitcoin gambling, and many games developers are creating BTC-specific games.
Litecoin vs. Bitcoin Cash
For those who are new to Bitcoin Cash, this altcoin was achieved through a hard fork in the Bitcoin software.
Bitcoin Cash’s aim was to give users faster transaction times, with cheaper transaction fees, and more importantly, few if any confirmations on the network.
But how does Bitcoin Cash compare to Litecoin?
Well, they both promote themselves as having faster and cheaper transactions than Bitcoin, and in both cases it is true. However:
- BCH has higher a hashrate, which means that its network is more secure;
- BCH and LTC have more or less the same transaction fee, but Litecoin’s tends to fluctuate while BCH has always remained stable.
Alternatives to Litecoin Casinos
Litecoin gambling may not be your cup of tea, and that’s perfectly fine. There are many other payment methods you can use to play a variety of casino games. Here are the most popular.
Summary – Is it Worth Playing at Litecoin Casinos?
If what you’re after is a cheaper, faster and confidential gambling experience that rivals traditional banking and Bitcoin transfers, Litecoin casinos will be right up your alley.
In 2022, the number of licensed websites offering Litecoin gambling is on the rise – many of them will connect you directly to your wallet for easy deposits and withdrawals and not force you to exchange to fiat currency if you don’t want to.
Lastly, Litecoin casinos will connect you to the same games you know and love from a traditional casino, ranging from online slots to live dealer roulette.
Litecoin is a digital currency that operates on a decentralised system, similarly to Bitcoin. Unlike traditional fiat currencies such as EUR, USD and GDP, it is not connected to any country or bank, and does not have any physical coins or bank notes.
The best Litecoin casinos are those that accept Litecoin for deposits and withdrawals, have a licence from a trusted jurisdiction and are affiliated with good game developers.
Litecoin transactions are processed in around 2.5 minutes on average and the maximum time is 20-30 minutes, which is half the time a Bitcoin transaction takes.
When you initiate a Litecoin payment via a cryptocurrency wallet, your unique address and the amount you wish to transfer is sent to a network of computers across the world. Each of those computers then checks that you have enough funds and ensures those funds are in your name. They then authenticate the transaction. Different merchants require different amounts of authenticators, so this process may be repeated up to 12 times.
Buying Litecoin is incredibly easy, and can be done either directly from the official website, from a number of cryptocurrency wallets or from cryptocurrency exchanges.
Setting up a Litecoin account is straightforward. Simply pick a cryptocurrency wallet and use your debit or credit card to buy Litecoin. Some cryptocurrencies demand verification, but even that is usually quick and painless.
The majority of LTC casinos do not charge players any fees for depositing or withdrawing funds using Litecoin. Nevertheless, there are some low fees to be paid to your cryptocurrency wallet. Moreover, some Litecoin casinos actually exchange your LTC to fiat money, so you may lose some of your funds due to the exchange rate.
At the time of writing, 1 Litecoin is equivalent to $178.16; €146.57; and £126.16. The value of Litecoin is constantly changing, so always check the latest figures.
In essence, Litecoin is a currency just like any other, so most people use it to buy products or services or even gamble. Many people are also using Litecoin as an investment.
Yes, most Litecoin casinos give their players the usual bonuses you can find at online casinos, such as sign-up bonuses, cashback, free spins, and no deposit bonuses. Most LTC casinos hand out bonuses in fiat money or in BTC.
No. The majority of online casinos in the UK do not yet accept most cryptocurrencies. Nevertheless, players from Europe and beyond have many options to choose from, particularly if they are using a VPN.
It depends. The ones mentioned on this site have all been vetted and are confirmed to be legal and licensed, but there are some casinos out there which aren’t. As always, check the licence of the casino and read the reviews we and others have uploaded to make sure that you are joining a reputable casino.
The right term to use is pseudo-anonymous. Unlike traditional payment methods, Litecoin transfers do not expose your personal data. However, because it operates on a public blockchain, all transactions get stored there and every wallet has a traceable transaction history.
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
- Guide to the Best Crypto Casinos in 2022 – Gamble with Crypto Cryptocurrency has achieved full legitimacy as the secure financial system that it is. This has led to widespread adoption within the gambling industry. These casinos are online casinos which...
- Casino Games Software – Play with the Best Casino Software Providers In this article, you will find all the information needed so you can play with the best casino games software around. Pick your online game developer from our top...
I’ve been writing for the online casino industry for over 2 years now. During this time, I became passionate about player-centric content, especially slot and brand reviews.