Your Ultimate Guide To Online Casinos in India 2023
Online casinos have exploded across the globe, with the heavily populated India a significant contributor to this popularity. We have covered everything about online casinos in India below, including the legal landscape, games, and the best platforms out there!
- Top 10 Online Casino in India
- Is Online Gambling in India Legal?
- Types of Casino Bonuses
- Online Casinos India: Payment methods
- Online Casino India App Download Guide
- Benefits of Playing on Mobile
- How To Select the Best Online Casinos From India
- Are Cryptocurrencies Accepted in India at Online Casinos?
- Online Casino India - FAQs
Top 10 Online Casino in India
- Play from India
- 1st ever licensed cryptocurrency casino
- Great VIP programme
- Top India online casino
- Accepts plenty of cryptocurrencies
- Site available in Hindi
Is Online Gambling in India Legal?
Legislation surrounding online gambling in India is a complex matter. The Public Gaming Act of 1867 is a general law that prohibits gambling all over India, specifically in land-based establishments. However, this law has not been amended to suit modern times. Therefore, it has not accounted for online casinos and other remote platforms, which has led to a grey area.
Because of this, online gambling isn't considered illegal as such in most states, leaving Indian players free to access a number of online platforms based overseas. The latter do not fall under India's jurisdiction, meaning that you should not face any legal repercussions for signing up or using their services.
What I Can Play From India
- ✔️ Games at offshore casinos
- ✔️ Online lotteries
- ✔️ Online sports betting
What I Cannot Play From India
- ❌ Games at online casinos based in India
- ❌ Games at Indian land-based gambling establishments
Types of Casino Bonuses
You will find that almost all the casinos provide promotional offers in one way or the other to attract customers. Here are some common types of bonuses offered by operators:
- No deposit bonus: Generally offered at the time of registration, this offer provides bonus amount, no deposit needed.
- Welcome bonus: This bonus is usually offered to players as a percentage of their first deposit amount when they register on the casino.
For example, ‘Sign Up and get 150% welcome bonus subject to a maximum value of ₹8,000’. This could even look like ‘Sign up and get ₹4000 on the first deposit of ₹4,000’.
- Reload bonus: This bonus is used by casinos to incentivise you to reload your casino wallet. Through a reload bonus, the casino will offer to pay you a certain amount as a cashback or bonus when you reload your wallet with a certain minimum amount.
Online Casinos India: Payment methods
Most of the leading online casinos in India offer multiple payment methods that guarantee security and a quick transaction experience. Here are the most popular payment methods used on online casino apps:
Most deposit methods you'll find at online casinos are also suitable for withdrawals. However, you'll likely notice that this pool of options is often narrower.
That's why it's always a good idea to confirm whether your chosen deposit method is also viable for withdrawals prior to making a deposit. If not, you'll need to opt for an alternative solution for cashouts.
For effective account management, opt for methods that support both deposits and withdrawals whenever possible.
Online Casino India App Download Guide
Many top casinos now offer dedicated apps for convenient, on-the-go gaming. Below, we've included instructions on how to download these apps for both Android and Apple users.
App Store/Google Play Store
- Open the App Store/Google Play Store.
- Use the search bar to find the casino by name.
- Select the official app from the search results.
- Tap “Install” (Google Play Store) or “Get” (App Store).
My App Store Doesn't Support My Casino – What Now?
Due to gambling regulations, some casinos are unable to provide their apps on Google Play and the App Store. Instead, they allow users to download the .apk file directly from their official desktop site.
Here's how to go about it:
- On your device, go “Settings,” then “Security” or “Privacy.” Here, enable the option for “Unknown Sources” to allow app installations from sources other than the official app stores.
- Go to your chosen casino site.
- Find and click the link to download the app's .apk file.
- Once downloaded, open the file to initiate the installation of the app.
- After the app has been set up on your device, you can start playing!
Benefits of Playing on Mobile
- Play from anywhere, anytime: With mobile apps, there's no need to remain tethered to a desktop! Enjoy the freedom to play from any location, at any time.
- Offers everything that websites offer: Mobile apps offer everything that their desktop counterpart has to offer, from bonuses to live dealer games, in the palm of your hands.
- Access new features: Online casinos are consistently shifting their focus towards mobile apps, giving app users the first experience of these innovations.
How To Select the Best Online Casinos From India
Not sure whether a casino you've come across is the right fit? Find out by checking to see if it offers the following features.
Are Cryptocurrencies Accepted in India at Online Casinos?
Cryptocurrencies can be accepted as payment methods at online casinos in India.
Among these digital currencies, Bitcoin is the most common cryptocurrency option, while Ethereum and Litecoin as other popular methods. Cryptocurrencies offer fast and secure transactions eliminating third-party payment processing period.
Of course, bear in mind that the acceptance of these cryptocurrencies varies depending on the casino. If you are looking for a crypto-friendly platform, look at the available payment options before making a choice. As cryptocurrencies continue to gain popularity, they will become more of a widespread option across online casinos available in India.
And there you have it – our detailed insights into the dynamic world of online casinos in India! From our top-tier recommendations to unveiling the most lucrative casino bonuses, we've covered every aspect to ensure you're thoroughly informed.
Armed with this wealth of knowledge, the remaining decisions are now yours to make, with a world-class gaming experience beckoning. The ultimate gaming adventure awaits you – are you ready to take the plunge?
Online Casino India - FAQs
Yes. You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to play online casino games in India.
There are many great options for you to choose from. A few of the best ones include the ones mentioned above, such as Playzilla, Dafabet, and Bitcoin Casino.
Yes, online casino winnings in India have a flat tax rate of 30% regardless of tax bracket. You can read more about this in the Income Tax Act; for exact specifics, you should contact your tax advisor.
Online casinos like 10CRIC, 1xBet, and 22Bet offer extremely powerful and feature-rich mobile apps for both Android and iOS users.
Popular Indian payment methods at online casinos include options such as AstroPay, NETLLER, Skrill, and cryptocurrencies. You can also find traditional methods on some platforms such as Visa and Mastercard.
Online casinos are legal in India since they have not specifically been stated as illegal by any Indian law. Since there are no clear laws, you can legally play at online casinos based offshore, given that the headquarters and base of the casino do not reside in India itself.