The Best Boku Casinos UK 2023
Boku is a payment method that allows you to deposit at Boku casino sites and be billed through your mobile phone plan. All you need to do is enter your mobile number, verify the deposit via SMS, and start playing. Read on for everything you need to know about online Boku casinos below!
Top Boku Casino
Up To €1,500 Bonus & 200 Free Spins
Casino Planet Play
€1,000 Welcome Package
€1,500 Bonus + 300 Free Spins
Casino Lab Play
Up To €1,500 Bonus + 200 Free Spins
€1,500 Welcome Bonus + 300 Free Spins
Kassu Casino Review Play
€1,000 Bonus + 50 Free Spins
Vegas Hero Play
What Is Boku?
Boku is a payment method that lets you purchase goods and services from a wide variety of businesses, which then show up on your next mobile phone bill or are deducted from your mobile credit.
Pay-by-phone Boku deposits to online casinos using Boku deposits do not require you to provide your debit card or bank account details. This gives you an extra layer of privacy and security!
The Boku company, which has headquarters in California and London, uses mobile network operator data to provide tight security and access to many businesses worldwide. In fact, it processes over $9 billion in payments per year across 91 countries, and is accepted by some of the biggest names and networks in the world, including Google, Apple, Netflix, Facebook, Microsoft, and Spotify.
Additionally, Boku is listed on the London Stock Exchange and boasts 28 million monthly active users. Having built this foundation of success and loyal customers, you can rest easy knowing that it is the premiere global mobile payments network for a reason!
How To Make Deposits To Boku Casinos
Boku gambling sites make depositing into your account quick and easy. Instead of having to input your debit card or e-wallet details when making a deposit, all you need to provide is your mobile number. The payment will then either be added to your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your current mobile credit balance (depending on your contract).
Here's a simple step-by-step guide.
- Create an account at a casino that accepts Boku (feel free to refer to our list at the top of this page).
- Select Boku as your preferred payment method.
- Your phone number and carrier will be displayed along with deposit values you can choose from. Select or enter the amount you wish to deposit, and confirm the transaction. Please note that the maximum you can deposit per day with Boku is £30 / €30. The casino's minimum deposit limit may apply here too.
- If this is your first time using Boku for depositing at an online casino, you will need to verify your phone number. After you've confirmed the payment, your phone carrier will send you an SMS text message with a code. Enter the latter into the casino’s Boku verification pop-up to finalise the verification process.
- Select ‘Complete deposit' and the funds will appear instantly in your casino account.
Where to Find the Top Boku Casinos
We check all our recommended casinos for several important features to ensure that they are licensed and overseen by a reputable regulator. For Boku casinos in the United Kingdom, this role is handled by the UK Gambling Commission. There are many countries that have their own regulator, but most default to being covered by one entity, like the Malta Gaming Authority.
Being licensed and regulated ensures that all games and betting options offered by the casino are fair on players and unbiased towards the operator.
Additionally, we always check to see that the necessary measures have been implemented to protect your data, as well as safeguards against money laundering. Apart from this, responsible gaming tools and sources are vital, along with good customer support that's ideally available 24/7.
Best Boku Casino Bonuses
Let’s be honest, we all love a good bonus! From welcome bonus promotions and reload bonus top-ups to free spins, and cashbacks, there are a few things to keep in mind before claiming any of these promotions with Boku. Let's take a look below:
- Always check the terms and conditions to make sure that a casino deposit by Boku will allow you to qualify for the bonus. If you are unsure, contact customer support.
- Check the wagering requirements of the bonus to see how reasonable they are. If they appear to be unrealistic, you may be better off looking for a different offer.
- Remember that Boku only allows for small daily deposits up to £30 / €30, so your bonus rewards may be lower than what you could achieve with other deposit options. As welcome bonuses are one-time offers and are usually some of the most lucrative bonuses available, you might want to scoop them up with another deposit method before switching to Boku later on as an existing player.
Pros and Cons of Using Boku
Check out our list below to view the advantages and disadvantages of using Boku at an online casino, be it to play slots or live dealer games.
- Easy to use, especially with mobile Boku casinos
- Instant deposits
- No transaction fees
- No need to share any bank or debit card details
- Control spending with hard daily deposit limit
- Secure deposit method
- Low daily deposit limit of €30/£30
- Can't be used to make withdrawals
- May cause unexpected large bills
- Not ideal to claim welcome bonuses with
Alternatives To Boku Payments
Boku is just one of several pay by phone service providers accepted by online and mobile casinos in Europe, the United Kingdom, and across the globe. But what if it is currently not available in your country? Or your mobile network doesn’t support it? Or the casino of your choice doesn’t accept it as a deposit method? You could try using one of the following pay by phone services instead:
Safety and Security at Boku Casinos
Boku is an international company with over 600 global partners and more than 950 million mobile numbers verified, and is also listed on the London Stock Exchange. The company has built a great reputation around financial security and data protection that translates into peace of mind to users.
Adding on an extra layer of security for customers, Boku has in place a two-step verification process that operates via SMS to doubly verify any and all transactions you make. Moreover, all the casinos we have listed above have been licensed by reputable jurisdictions and have implemented SSL-encryption technology on their platforms to protect players.
Making swift and secure payments with Boku is quick and easy, and can be completed either from the official desktop site or your mobile device. As you go along, the casino will guide you step by step as to what actions are needed.
First, Boku will request that you authorise the payment method to send a charge to your mobile phone carrier. They do this by sending an SMS to your phone with a unique code to verify your phone number. After you've validated the transaction using these code, your deposit is instantly processed.
SSL and HTTPS Encryption
Secure online mobile gambling is based on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption protocol that prevents anyone from intercepting and reading your interaction with a casino site. If the Boku casino has SSL-enabled technology implemented on its platform, then it is a Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) site, with the address bar showing “https:” instead of “http:” at the beginning of the casino's URL.
This means that if anyone were to intercept the data flowing between you and the casino, they would only be able to see scrambled data.
Overall, Boku is an excellent way to fund your casino account, with the only drawback being that it cannot be used to make withdrawals. However, deposits are not only quick, but also extremely safe and secure, without requiring any banking details whatsoever! So why not give Boku casinos a shot for yourself? Scroll on up to our list of recommendations and choose the one that most suits you!
Boku Casinos FAQs
Boku deposits take just moments to be approved. For that reason, the money should appear in your account instantaneously.
No, Boku casinos only list the pay by phone service as a depositing method. This is because you use your mobile number to pay, and money cannot technically be deposited to a mobile account.
Yes, Boku is a safe payment method that has a two-step verification process. As such, you should have no safety concerns when using Boku casino sites that are registered in trustworthy jurisdictions, such as the UK.
Last year, the UK passed a law that stated that credit cards couldn’t be used to gamble any longer. Because Boku, technically works on credit, casinos are unsure where it stands. This also means that there aren't many new Boku casinos UK players can use.
No, Boku does not charge users any fees for using its services. Normally, casinos don’t charge users fees for using the payment method, either.
Most casinos that use Boku will allow you to claim bonuses when making the qualifying deposit using this method. Of course, always check the terms and conditions beforehand to confirm this. Also, keep in mind that since Boku deposits are limited, the size of the bonus rewards will be smaller as a result.
You have to, actually! Boku cannot be used to make withdrawals, so you’ll need to use your credit/debit card or e-wallet to withdraw your winnings.
- The Best Pay By Mobile Casinos 2023 – Top SMS & Mobile Payment Methods One of the easiest ways to pay for a few rounds at your favourite casino sits right in your hands or pocket! Your smartphone’s phone bill or credit can...
- The Top Casino Sites for 2023 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
- Casino Games Software – Play with the Best Casino Software Providers In this article, you will find all the information needed so you can play with the best casino games software around. Pick your online game developer from our top...
Iggy Fenech is a well-known contributor to many local magazines. His career as a casino content writer spans a number of years and includes writing blog posts for the Malta iGaming Seminar 2014, content for the Malta Gaming Authority’s website, and SEO-enabled text for casino websites.