The Best Bitcoin Cash Casino Sites (2023)
Since 2017, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has provided a fast, safe, and reliable way of making real-world cryptocurrency transactions. In this article, we take a look at how it’s managed and how you can use it to play at the best Bitcoin Cash casinos.
- Top Bitcoin Cash Casinos 2023
- What Is Bitcoin Cash?
- How Do Bitcoin Cash Casinos Work?
- Pros & Cons of Using Bitcoin Cash
- How To Gamble Using Bitcoin Cash
- Depositing BCH to Your Online Casino Account
- Withdrawing BCH From Your Casino Account
- Bitcoin Cash Casino Fees & Limits
- Bitcoin Cash Casino Features
- Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin
- How To Acquire Bitcoin Cash
- Best Bitcoin Cash Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Cryptocurrency Faucets That Give Free Bitcoin Cash
- Other Cryptocurrencies You Can Use at Cryptocurrency Casinos
- Final Thoughts On Bitcoin Cash Casinos
- Bitcoin Cash Casinos FAQs
Top Bitcoin Cash Casinos 2023
- Accepts BCH
- iTech Labs certified
- Original BC games to play using Bitcoin Cash
What Is Bitcoin Cash?
Bitcoin Cash, sometimes referred to by its currency code, BCH, is a type of cryptocurrency, which means that it exists only in a digital format. It works on a decentralised ledger system known as the blockchain.
As you may have deduced, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) emerged from Bitcoin, which has since been redubbed to ‘Bitcoin Core’. This happened after years of discussions between the many players within the Bitcoin network over certain issues the core cryptocurrency was facing.
These issues were mainly scalability, transaction fees, and processing time. We explore these in more detail in our Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin section below, but what is pertinent here is that, while most key players in the Bitcoin network agreed that there were issues, not everyone agreed on what the solution should be.
With no compromise reached, the second faction ‘split’ from the main Bitcoin cryptocurrency and released Bitcoin Cash. This cryptocurrency offers instant transactions at a cheap fee that has hovered around the $0.25 mark.
This is possible mainly due to the size of its block, which is 32 times larger than Bitcoin’s (32MB for BCH vs 1MB for BTC). But even that wasn’t enough for some users. In November 2018, the Bitcoin Cash blockchain was split into two different chains due to disagreements over the future direction of the protocol.
This resulted in the creation of Bitcoin SV (BSV), which aimed to increase the block size limit to 128MB, and eCash (XEC), with the aim of increasing the block size limit to 2GB.
Both BSV and XEC share a similar codebase to Bitcoin Cash, but implement different technical changes and have their own distinct communities and development teams. While Bitcoin Cash and its hard forks have similar underlying technology, they have different visions and goals for the future of the blockchain and its use cases.
Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin Diamond are two further hard forks of Bitcoin. In both cases, the factions responsible for these splits looked to decentralise the cryptocurrency even further.
Bitcoin Cash Timeline
Overall, Bitcoin Cash has experienced many ups and downs since its creation, but its community remains committed to improving the technology and bringing it closer to its original vision of a fast, low-cost, and scalable cryptocurrency.
To give you an idea of just how much BCH has evolved over the years, here’s a timeline covering all the major developments and news surrounding Bitcoin Cash:
How Do Bitcoin Cash Casinos Work?
Bitcoin Cash casinos, which are legal and licensed, largely operate in the same way as other online casinos do, in that they use specific software and algorithms to run and oversee games. These algorithms are usually checked and tested multiple times to ensure they are indeed random and fair.
BCH Transaction Fees in Real-Time
These casinos are still subject to the laws of the jurisdictions they are registered in, including for fairness, safety, and responsible gambling.
Pros & Cons of Using Bitcoin Cash
Like all other payment methods, playing online casino games using Bitcoin Cash comes with advantages and disadvantages. Here they are at a glance.
- Great security thanks to blockchain, which is particularly hard to hack or cheat.
- Instant processing times thanks to BCH’s larger block.
- Super low fees, which are usually around $0.25 per transaction.
- Could increase in price, meaning your winnings may be worth more in a few weeks or days.
- Not as popular as Bitcoin, so not all cryptocurrency casinos accept it as a payment method.
- Some casinos accept BCH but will exchange it to another cryptocurrency or fiat currency (EUR, GBP, USD) to allow you to play.
- Not all countries and jurisdictions look at BCH as a legal tender.
How To Gamble Using Bitcoin Cash
Ready to start gambling and win big? Step into the world of Bitcoin Cash casinos and let the games begin!
The first step is to make a deposit, which is quick and easy. Then, once Lady Luck smiles upon you and you’re ready to cash out, simply follow these steps to withdraw your winnings and savour the sweet taste of victory.
Depositing BCH to Your Online Casino Account
Once you’ve purchased Bitcoin Cash (which we explain how to do in a section further down), you can use it to gamble at your favourite BCH casino. Here’s how:
- Sign up to a legal and licensed BCH casino from our list above.
- Go to the cashier of the casino and select Bitcoin Cash as your deposit method.
- Once the casino shares its public wallet number, head to your cryptocurrency wallet.
Set up a transfer, paste the code, select how much Bitcoin Cash you’d like to transfer, and confirm.
- That’s it! The money should appear instantly in your online casino account.
Withdrawing BCH From Your Casino Account
As you can see below, withdrawing Bitcoin Cash from an online casino is just as easy as depositing.
- Open your cryptocurrency wallet and click on ‘Receive’ or ‘Receive Funds’.
Copy your public wallet number before moving on to Step 2.
- Head to the Cashier of the casino and select Bitcoin Cash as your withdrawal method.
- Paste your wallet number and select the amount you wish to withdraw.
Review your details and confirm.
- The money should appear in your cryptocurrency casino within 48 hours. This delay is mostly due to casinos reviewing transactions.
Bitcoin Cash Casino Fees & Limits
When using BCH to make deposits to/withdrawals from your online casino, there are two types of fees you can encounter: transfer fees and operator fees.
- Transfer fees — These fees for BCH are low and always hover around the $0.25 mark. They go towards paying the people who confirm transactions and keep the system secure.
- Operator fees — These can come from either your online casino or your cryptocurrency wallet. Even so, due to industry competition, most online casinos do not really charge any money, and cryptocurrency wallet fees can be avoided by choosing a wallet with either low fees or no fees at all.
Finally, it’s good to keep in mind the limits casinos impose on such transactions. When it comes to depositing, the lowest we have found were 0.001 or 0.003 BCH. Withdrawals can be up to a couple of BCH.
Bitcoin Cash Casino Features
Bitcoin Cash casino sites tend to be new online casinos. These are still legal and licensed, but usually also come with many gamification casino features like slot tournaments, loyalty programmes, and a wider array of bonuses.
Understandably, we know most people look out for two main things at an online casino: a great selection of Bitcoin Cash casino games and great bonuses. So, let's take a look at what you can expect to find at the Bitcoin Cash online casinos.
Bitcoin Cash Casino Games
When it comes to BCH casino games, users have three categories to choose from:
- Games created specifically for BCH, which include Bitcoin Cash slots, as well as roulette, dice games, minesweeper, and darts. These tend to be more niche and can only be found at specific casinos.
- Developers imbue BTC games to accept BCH as a payment method. This means that you will have access to hundreds of games, such as BTC slots, Bitcoin roulette, Bitcoin blackjack, Bitcoin poker, bingo, keno, and Bitcoin dice. Even better than that, these games run on the Provably Fair software, making them even safer than fiat-run slots.
- Casinos that exchange your BCH to a fiat currency give access to all video slots, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and craps, as well as live roulette, live poker, live baccarat, live blackjack, and live games shows available on the site.
Bitcoin Cash Casino Bonuses
Although BCH bonuses are not yet common, cryptocurrency casinos typically offer generous bonuses in both fiat and Bitcoin. However, before claiming a bonus, be sure to read the terms and conditions. Here are some common types of bonuses you can expect to find:
- Welcome Bonus: Sign-up bonuses are the most popular promotions offered by online casinos and usually come in the form of matches on your first deposit, including free spins on selected games.
- Free Spins: Free spins allow you to play pre-selected video slots for free, and some do not require additional wagering.
- Reload Bonus: A reload bonus gives you free spins or matches the amount you deposit on your subsequent deposits.
- Cashback: Cashback bonuses see the casino give back a percentage of your net losses or deposit money, ensuring that you never fully outspend your budget.
- VIP Bonus: VIP bonuses are offered by the most exclusive VIP casino clubs and are invitation-only affairs that offer better bonuses and higher cashback rates, as well as free trips, tickets to events, and gifts.
- Loyalty Bonus: These bonuses are earned by players who deposit and play often, and can be redeemed for loyalty bonuses or perks.
- No-Deposit Bonus: As the name implies, a no-deposit bonus offers a small sum of money or free spins without requiring a deposit. These usually come with higher wagering requirements.
Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin
If you’re curious about the key differences between BTC and BCH and how these distinctions could impact your online gambling experience, we’ve outlined the top five below:
|Scalability||Bitcoin has a block size limit of 1MB, or roughly 2,700 transactions, which can result in slower transaction times and higher fees during periods of high activity.||Bitcoin Cash has a 32MB block size limit, or roughly 86,400 transactions, which allows for faster transaction processing and lower fees.|
|Transaction Fees||Bitcoin transaction fees vary based on the demand for the network. When there are many transactions, users can choose to pay higher fees to get their transactions confirmed more quickly. However, as more people compete for transaction processing, fees can get expensive. In 2017, the average fee was $50 per transaction, and currently, it costs about $1.872 per transaction.||Bitcoin Cash fees are typically much lower due to the larger block size. Compared to Bitcoin, BCH fees have remained under one US dollar. In fact, they are almost always around $0.25.|
|Time||Bitcoin transactions usually take about 10 minutes to process, but at times, users may experience longer wait times due to high transaction volumes. This normally occurs when there are too many transactions that need to be verified by the network.||Bitcoin Cash has implemented faster block times to further advance transaction times. As a result, there are currently no backlogs for BCH transactions, meaning you never have to wait more than 10 minutes for approval.|
|Availability||Bitcoin remains the most popular cryptocurrency and is widely used in online casinos.||BCH is gaining popularity, but it’s still not as widely available as BTC. So far, it is more commonly used for peer-to-peer transactions.|
|Value||Bitcoin’s value is currently around $23,372.30 (USD), which is much higher than it was just a few years ago and its highest value point since June 2022. However, it is worth noting that this is less than half of what it was worth in 2021 and during the first half of 2022. In fact, Bitcoin was at an all-time high of $64,400 on November 12, 2021, just a few months before the major crypto crash of 2022. So, if you win some Bitcoin on an online casino game today, it could be worth more in the future, but it could also decrease in value.||Currently, one BCH is worth $132.67, which is far below its record-high of $384.24 on March 31, 2022. Even though the price of BCH has not yet reached the heights of Bitcoin and is unlikely to experience it any time soon, it too can fluctuate quite drastically.|
How To Acquire Bitcoin Cash
There are three main ways in which you can get Bitcoin Cash into your portfolio:
- You can buy them using fiat currency from cryptocurrency wallets (we list the best ones in the section below this).
- You can receive them as payment for an object or a service; or else for completing simple tasks (check out our Cryptocurrency Faucets section below); or
- You can mine them yourself, but this is quite complicated and requires specific mining setups, which we won’t get into here.
Best Bitcoin Cash Cryptocurrency Wallets
In order to store and use your Bitcoin Cash casino currency, you will need a cryptocurrency wallet that can support the currency. These can be hardware wallets or software/mobile wallets. In this section, we keep things simple by focusing on the latter.
Cryptocurrency Faucets That Give Free Bitcoin Cash
Another way of earning BCH is through a Bitcoin Cash faucet. This is a website or app that rewards users with cryptocurrency for completing certain small tasks, such as entering a code every few minutes, sharing links, and so on.
Although not all BCH faucets are legit, Xfaucets.com is verified and legal through its association with iCoinPay. This site gives you up to 500 satoshi Bitcoin Cash every 10 minutes. You’ll need 925,712 satoshis to make up 1 full Bitcoin Cash coin.
Other Cryptocurrencies You Can Use at Cryptocurrency Casinos
There are now dozens of cryptocurrencies that can be used to play at online cryptocurrency casinos, and the most popular can be used to play at Bitcoin casinos, Litecoin casinos, and Ethereum casinos.
But there are also many others that are perhaps not as well known. These include Dogecoin, Monero, Dash, Ripple, TRON, Zcash, Binance, EOS, NEM, Stellar, ChainLink, and NEO Gas, among others.
Final Thoughts On Bitcoin Cash Casinos
Bitcoin Cash casino currency is slowly, but surely, becoming a favourite cryptocurrency to gamble with. We can’t say we’re surprised by this, particularly thanks to its lightning-fast transactions and low fees. From our end, our advice is to only gamble at a casino that has a licence from a decent jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Cash Casinos FAQs
Bitcoin Cash is a type of cryptocurrency that can be exchanged on the blockchain. It is a hard fork of Bitcoin and offers faster transactions at a cheaper rate.
The easiest way to purchase Bitcoin Cash at a casino is through a secure cryptocurrency wallet using your credit or debit card. Both the Exodus and CoinsPaid wallets allow you to do so. Some casinos, like Rocketpot, also give you the option to buy it directly from the site.
While most casinos that accept BCH do not charge you any fees, you will incur other charges. The first is a small fee (currently around $0.027) for the use of the blockchain, which goes to the people keeping the transactions flowing. The second may be a fee by the cryptocurrency wallet for the service. The third may be an exchange fee by the casino if they exchange your BCH to fiat/BTC to allow you to play.
Deposits are usually instantaneous, while withdrawals can take up to 48 hours. The delay in withdrawals is usually because casinos verify each transaction.
In terms of payment processing times and fees, BCH is certainly better than Bitcoin. Nevertheless, there are other things to look at, like availability.