Avalon Gold Slot Review + Free-Play Demo
Avalon Gold Details
|Software provider||Elk Studios|
|Number of ways||up to 262,144|
|Stake Range||0.10 – 100|
More slots by Elk Studios
Avalon Gold is another instalment of ELK Studio's Gold slot game series, and invites you to join explorer Kane to uncover the riches of the magical land of Avalon. Are you ready to spin the reels for chances to win shiny rewards and massive maximum wins? Let's take a look at what this game has to offer!
Play Avalon Gold Slot for Free
Avalon Gold slot Overview
In Avalon Gold, you join explorer Kane to uncover the riches of the mythical land that features in the legend of King Arthur, Avalon.
However, while the theme may be similar to Microgaming’s Avalon II (also included in our online slot review page), this game is not a sequel to that iconic slot. Instead, this ELK Studios title is the eighth instalment of the Gold slot game series that includes Ecuador Gold and Kathmandu Gold slots.
Avalon Gold is a high-volatility slot with six reels that fit up to eight rows, and operates with the Avalanche mechanism.
The slot offers at least 4,096 paylines in the base game and up to 262,144 in the Free Spins mode, called Free Drop. The game has a pretty decent bet range of between 0.20 and 100, though the RTP is relatively low at 94%. The max win is of 25,000x your stake.
The theme of the game comes out in the stunning graphics and an incredible Celtic soundtrack that truly sets the scene.
Another thing that helps are the symbols, which include the J, Q, K and A card suit ones, as well as animal icons such as four animal emblems (snakes, wolves, birds, and deer). Joining these are knight helmets and explorer Kane, which pay between 2x and 5x your stake for six of a kind.
Avalon Gold Slot Features
So, does this game live up to expectations when it comes to bonus features? Let’s take a look at what’s available!
- Avalanches: Thanks to the Avalanche feature, the reels drop rather than spin into place. In this case, when you land a winning combination, the symbols in that combination make way for new ones within the same spin.
- Wild Symbol: This slot game staple feature can help you complete a winning combination due to its symbol substituting functions. However, the Wild does not substitute the bonus or Mystery Box symbols.
- Expanding Wild: When the Wild symbol is part of a winning combination, it will remain in place and expand one position on the reels, while the winning symbols disappear. If the consecutive round results in a win as well, the Wild will expand further and can cover the entire reel by the end of the round.
- Colossal Symbols: In addition to the standard 1×1-size, symbols can appear in a 2×2, 3×3, and 4×4 size. Whenever an empty space appears below a colossal symbol, this space is filled with the same icon.
Apart from that, there are three further bonus features worth checking out.
The first are the Mystery Box symbols, which are represented by the pentagram. Although these have no value of their own, landing at least five of them will see the boxes unlock and grant you a Wild, a Value symbol, or one of the following modifiers:
- Coin win: this will be displayed as a multiplier of your stake.
- Multiplier: this will be applied on any revealed coins wins.
- Swiper: adds a ‘1’ in front of the value of any revealed coin wins (for example 8 becomes 18).
- Collect: collects all revealed coin values and refills the mystery boxes that have already been unlocked.
- Redrop: functions as a respin that refills any unlocked mystery boxes.
The second is even more exciting. Known as the Free Drop, this is basically the Free Spins mode, which is activated by landing at least three bonus Scatter symbols in the triggering round. You are then awarded 10, 15, 20, or 25 free spins for three, four, five, or six bonus Scatters, respectively.
You start the mode with four rows and a new one is added after each winning round until you reach a maximum of eight, which unlocks the 262,144 win ways. You reactivate Free Drop by landing additional bonus symbols.
The third is not available in all jurisdictions but is similar to the Bonus Buy feature. Here, for X-times your stake per spin, you can unleash one of the many bonuses. The cost for these is as follows:
- Big Symbol Drop: 5x your stake
- Expanding Wild: 10x your stake
- Mystery Box: 50x your stake
- Guaranteed Free Drop: 100x your stake
- Super Free Drop: 500x your stake
To Spin or Not To Spin?
Inspired by the mythical land from the Arthurian legend, Avalon Gold is a well-designed game with impressive graphics and animations. Jam-packed with exciting features, it is a worthy addition to the Gold slot game series.
This title is a must-spin for high-volatility slot lovers as both the maximum number of win ways, as well as the potential maximum win are highly enticing. The game's main drawback is its low RTP.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Wins of Winter
- Christmas Bonanza
- D10S Maradona
- Mega Fortune™
- Piles of Presents
- Sheriff of Nottingham 2
- Peaky Pigs
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™
- Tricks and Treats
- Castle of Terror
- Tropical Bonanza
- Avalon II Slot Review + Legal & Licensed Casino List for 2022 Avalon II: The Quest for the Grail slot is the sequel to the iconic Microgaming title, Avalon. Like the first instalment, Avalon II is inspired by the legend of...
- Christmas Gold Digger Slot Review + Free-Play Demo As its name implies, Christmas Gold Digger by iSoftBet is the Christmas edition of the Gold Digger slot game series. With a 96% RTP, medium-to-high volatility, and a bunch of...
- Cast a Lure and Retrieve the Underwater Treasure With Big Bass Bonanza™ Slot! Did someone order a calm fishing session, away from the bustle of the city? Pragmatic Play is here to deliver, with Big Bass Bonanza™ – a classic five-reel video slot...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.