Avalon II Slot Review + Legal & Licensed Casino List for 2022
Avalon II: The Quest for the Grail slot is the sequel to the iconic Microgaming title, Avalon. Like the first instalment, Avalon II is inspired by the legend of King Arthur. In this review, we take a look at all there is to know about the mythical title and the features it has to offer.
- Avalon II Free Play Demo
- The Top 10 Avalon II Slot Casinos
- Avalon II Slot Overview
- Facts & Figures at a Glance
- Avalon II Slot Features
- Avalon II Slot RTP & Volatility
- Symbols & Paytable
- Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
- Stakes & Betting Range
- Avalon II Slot Mobile Play
- Avalon II Slot – Pros & Cons
- If You Like This Game, You’ll Also Like…
- Avalon II Slot Verdict
- Other Slots To Try Out
- FAQ section
Avalon II Free Play Demo
The Top 10 Avalon II Slot Casinos
Avalon is rarely available at online casinos. Even so, we check regularly, so do come back to see if any brand has decided to stock the game.
Avalon II Slot Overview
Avalon II, the worthy second instalment of the series released in 2014, has a 5×3 grid, and offers 243 ways to win. This slot has a medium volatility and an RTP of 96.5%. Avalon II can grant you a max win of 16,200x your stake, which is one of the higher amounts for any game on our online slot reviews page.
Playable for anything between 0.30 and 7.5 per spin, this slot is named after the mythical island that appears in the legend of King Arthur. Avalon, which literally means ‘the isle of fruit', is a magical island where King Arthur's legendary sword Excalibur was forged.
Some people believe that Avalon really existed and that it was located near present-day Glastonbury. Whether real or not, Avalon has been the inspiration for many stories and no less than two exciting slot games.
Facts & Figures at a Glance
Release date: March 2014
Software Provider: Microgaming
Win Lines: 243
Stake: 0.30 – 7.5
Max Win: 16,200x
Avalon II Slot Features
Avalon II has a great variety of features, including the Grail Bonus Game that sends you on an epic journey through King Arthur's Kingdom.
Like other symbols, Merlin can appear at random and grant you a cash prize of up to 20x your bet.
Represented by the Avalon II logo, the Wild is the highest-paying symbol. It replaces any other symbol except the Bonus one to help you complete a winning combination.
In addition to regular Wilds, Avalon II also features an expanding Wild that appears on the centre reel only as the Lady of the Lake. The expanding Wild replaces the symbols adjacent to it and transforms these into matching symbols to grant you a win.
Grail Bonus Game
Activated when you land at least three Grail Bonus symbols on a line, this feature takes you through Arthur's Kingdom, from Camelot to the Isle of Avalon to retrieve the Holy grail.
This feature is actually split into eight different mini games, which you have go through and to play in the stated order to complete your mission. Every time you activate the Bonus Game, you progress to the next bonus feature.
- Lake of Legend Bonus: This is a roll-of-the-dice game with the aim of re-forging King Arthur's legendary sword, Excalibur, which is broken into six pieces. Each number of pips on the dice corresponds with a fragment of the sword, as well as with a multiplier. You have 10 attempts to roll 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 on the dice to make the sword whole again. Each throw that contributes to the forging of the sword also awards you a multiplier. If you manage to complete the sword within 10 throws, you win an additional multiplier of 15x.
- Misty Vale: This feature comes with 15 free spins and you can choose any of the five high-value symbols to function as the Wild: Arthur, Merlin, Guinevere, Morgan, and Black Knight. This symbol will also have a 2x multiplier; meanwhile, any regular Wild that appears on the grid will also have a 2x-multiplier.
- The Whispering Woods Bonus: In this feature, you pick one of five shields that contain a multiplier ranging from 10x up to 160x.
- Forest Falls Bonus: Here you get 20 free spins with a 1x multiplier. Whenever a Wild symbol appears on reels 1 and 2 during this feature, the symbol will expand one position downwards and the expanded symbol stays on the reels for the next spin. But there’s more: each Wild you manage to land here gives you an additional free spin.
- Dusky Moors Bonus: As 12 items appear on screen, your task is to match helms of the same type, each of which can award you a multiplier ranging from 2x to 8x.
- Morgan's Keep Bonus: This feature includes 20 free spins that come with a 2x multiplier applied to any winnings. During the Morgan’s Keep Bonus, the Cascading Reels mechanism is active, so any symbols in a winning combination are replaced by new ones in the same spin. After every win, the multiplier can increase up to 6x.
- Hall of Shadows: Here you are attacking or defending yourself from the Black Knight. Click one of three fields at the bottom of the screen to either attack or block the Black Knight's blows. Depending on the success of your attack and defence, you earn coin rewards of a pre-set amounts. If your attack or defence fails, you don't win anything.
- The Isle of Avalon Bonus: The final feature of the bonus game gives you four wheels to spin, all of which can award you a bonus multiplier from 0x up to 9x. You start with the inner wheel and work your way outwards. In this round, you can win the maximum award of four 9x bonus multipliers.
As mentioned, you have to go through all the features to complete your mission. Every time you activate the Bonus Game, you progress to the next bonus feature.
Avalon II Slot RTP & Volatility
Avalon II slot has an average RTP of 97% and a medium volatility. This means that in terms of risk-reward, this game can appeal to a wide variety of players.
This is because lower-risk players might not be willing to take on the challenge that would be too big on a high volatility slot, and other players could be willing to take it easier with this slot's medium volatility and enjoy the graphics and exciting features.
Symbols & Paytable
Avalon II displays a variety of symbols that are all linked to the legend of King Arthur. The highest-value symbol is the game's logo, which also functions as the Wild symbol and pays you 100x your stake for five on a win line.
Other high-value symbols are King Arthur, Merlin the magician, Queen Guinevere, Morgan the enchantress, and the supernatural Black Knight. These characters pay 100x, 50x, 40, 30x, 10x and 1.5x your stake, respectively, for five of a kind.
The lower-value symbols are the Holy Grail Scatter and the well-known card symbols. The Scatter pays you 1.5x your stake, A and K 0.5x, Q and J 0.4x, and 1, and 9 0.3x your stake, all for five of a kind.
Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
According to the legend of King Arthur, Arthur was a knight, later crowned King of the Celtic Britons, who defended his kingdom against the invasion of the Saxons in the fifth and sixth centuries.
Several elements of the Arthurian myth – such as the characters Merlin, Guinevere, and the Knights of the round table, as well as objects like the Holy Grail – have been a fixture in English literature since the Middle Ages and have served as inspiration for a wide variety of media, including Avalon and Avalon II slots.
Players of Avalon – an older slot launched in 2006 – will remember that the graphics of this game were simplistic, the soundtrack far less cinematic, and there were considerably fewer features. By comparison, Avalon II has engaging graphics and animations and a cinematic soundtrack, which are a pretty big improvement to the older game.
Avalon II mobile slot offers the same exciting gaming experience as the desktop version.
Stakes & Betting Range
You can place bets from 0.30 to 7.50 per round. This might make the game slightly unappealing for both low- and high rollers as the minimum bet might be too high and the maximum bet considered unattractive for players with bigger budgets.
The max win here is 16,200x your bet.
Avalon II Slot Mobile Play
If you like to play on the go and indulge in the legend of King Arthur wherever you are, Avalon II mobile slot offers the same exciting gaming experience as the desktop version. You can play this mobile slot on an Android as well as on an Apple device.
Avalon II Slot – Pros & Cons
- Exciting sequel to Avalon
- Impressive graphics and animations
- Engaging features
- Challenging to complete all Bonus Game features
- Not suitable for low-risk players
- Doesn’t cater to high rollers
If You Like This Game, You’ll Also Like…
If you love this game’s theme, you’ll also like other King Arthur-themed slots, such as:
- iSoftBet's King Arthur, and
- NetEnt's Excalibur
Avalon II Slot Verdict
Avalon II is an exciting sequel to its predecessor, with both games having the legend of King Arthur as a theme. The slot has beautiful graphics and animations that includes the main characters from the story. With plenty of features, Avalon II is a highly engaging game with a medium volatility that gives you the chance to win 16,200x your bet.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Saint Nicked
- Mega Fortune™
- Champion of the Underworld
- Fishin’ Christmas Pots of Gold
- Madame Destiny Megaways™
- Peaky Pigs
- Aztec Wild Megaways™
- Spinions Game Day
- Tricks and Treats
The Avalon II slot maximum win is of 16,200x your stake.
The Return to Player on Avalon II slot is 97%.
The minimum bet on this slot is 0.30 cents per round.
Yes, you can play Avalon II in fun mode to sample the game before playing for real money.
- Best Adventure Slot Themes 2022: Top Adventure Themed Slots Thanks to great themes and extra, in-game bonuses, adventure games are a fabulous alternative to the traditional slot machines. In other words, if you enjoy playing real money slots, then...
- The Finest Microgaming Casino Sites and Online Slots in 2022 Casinos that feature Microgaming slots are fortunate to have an arsenal of slots using software powered by an award-winning provider of certified gaming solutions. Check out our list of...
- A Complete Guide on Slots with Bonus Features Gaming developers are constantly on the hunt for the next big thing in slots and casino game features. Slot bonus features provide punters with new and exciting possibilities of...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.