Starburst Slot Review 2023 and Top Starburst Casinos!
|Number of ways||10|
Starburst Slot Review & Best Starburst Casinos in 2023!
Bursting onto the scene in 2012, NetEnt’s Starburst is one of the most loved and successful video slots of all time. Here, our experts weigh in on the game’s features, the best Starburst free spins bonuses, top Starburst casinos and much more. Looking for the top Starburst slot sites? We’ve got you covered with our list of legal and licensed casinos that offer this iconic game.
- Best Starburst Online Casinos in 2023
- How To Play Starburst Slot on Starburst Casinos
- Starburst Slot Strategy – Tips & Cheats for Starburst Slot
- Starburst Promotions at Starburst Casinos
- Playing Starburst on Mobile
- Starburst Slot Free Play & Starburst Demos
- About the Maker: NetEnt
- Best Starburst Casino FAQs
Best Starburst Online Casinos in 2023
- Game of the week
- Slot tournaments
- VIP programme for high rollers
The reasons behind its success, however, aren’t the graphics, features or the theme, but rather its simplicity and the fact that it has low volatility, meaning it awards small wins often.
Set in space, but with symbols that will remind players of PopCap Games’ Bejeweled, the slot mechanism of Starburst is made up of five reels, three rows, and 10 paylines. There are not too many fancy extra features here, but the one which lets you ‘Win Both Ways’ is as loved as the game itself.
Needless to say, this game provided hours upon hours of fun for millions of people out there, and it’s now time for you to discover it!
Starburst Slot RTP and Volatility
Starburst being a low volatility game means that you can expect smaller payouts, but at a more frequent rate. Having said that, you can still win big jackpots, with a max win of 50,000 coins when placing a 10-level max bet.
The game’s RTP, meanwhile, stands at 96.01%, which is quite high for casino games but pretty average for video slots. What RTP stands for is ‘return to player’, referring to the percentage the game will give back to players over a number of games. This is usually counted every 1 million spins. In other words, players can expect to receive an average of £0.96 for every £1 they spend over one million spins.
As the game's name itself implies, Starburst's theme is based in outer space, where bright colours burst out from the purple-black background. Its symbols come in the shape of five colourful jewels/gems (each with its own colour and distinctive shape), as well as the lucky number seven, the Gold BAR, and the Starburst wild symbol.
Other than that, the game doesn’t really have a storyline, and there are no featured characters either. Nevertheless, its simplicity, bright colours, and almost hypnotising cosmic music make it an easy yet fun game to play.
Sounds & Graphics
People often think that Starburst must have the most cutting edge graphics in the world: how else would it have become so popular? Well, actually the game is very basic in this regard, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not visually appealing. Thanks to its simple yet beautiful graphics, the game makes you feel like you’re looking at a star-spangled night sky, dotted with colourful, continually sparkling jewels sparkling.
When you spin the slots, the five reels spin vertically to little fanfare – unless you hit a winning combination, at which point bright lights will flash and yellow lines will show you all the combinations you have mustered.
All this is complemented by soothing cosmic background music, with just a faint beep announcing the start of a new spin.
As you may have gathered by now, Starburst is a relatively simple game compared to more modern video slots, and that extends to its special features. Indeed, in this category you will only find three such features:
- Win Both Ways: Most real-money slots work on the premise that symbols need to be matched starting from left to right of the reels. In Starburst, however, you win whether it’s left to right, or right to left. This is by far the most famous and popular of all the games’ features.
- The Wild Symbol: Embodied by the multicoloured Starburst star symbol, the Wild can replace any other symbol on the reels and helps you create more winning combinations. This symbol appears on reels 2, 3, and 4 only.
- Respins: Whenever you land a Wild symbol, the symbol will expand to cover the whole reel. It will then allow you to respin while the Wild symbol stays in place. With the potential of being triggered up to three times, this could lead to a very big win indeed.
Starburst has no Multipliers, Scatter symbols or other bonus features.
How To Play Starburst Slot on Starburst Casinos
Like the majority of video slots, Starburst is incredibly easy to play and master. In fact, the lack of any major features and the fact that there is only one special symbol makes it one of those games which you can play pretty much immediately.
Above, we explored all the special features you can find in this game. Once you’ve caught up on those, here’s what you need to do to play and, hopefully, win!
- Step 1: Log in or sign up to a Starburst casino that suits your wants and needs. Above, we have listed several legal and licensed casinos that also come with some pretty great bonuses.
- Step 2: Open Starburst and choose your bet level and the coin value from the control panel at the bottom.
- Step 3: With that done, simply press the ‘Spin’ button in the middle. Once the outcome has been revealed, repeat Step 1 and Step 2.
If you don’t want to manually press the ‘Spin’ button every time, then simply click on the ‘Autoplay’ button to the left of it and choose how many spins you’d like to be automatically played from the little pop-up window. The options range from 10 to 1,000 and they can be stopped at any time.
Autoplay can also be set to your preferred specifications by clicking on ‘Advanced Settings’ in the small box that pops up after you press ‘Autoplay’. This will give you the chance to choose if you’d like Autoplay to stop when you win a round, or when cash increases or decreases by a certain amount, among other options.
What’s the Difference Between Level and Coin Value on Starburst?
NetEnt video slots all share very similar dashboards, but they can be confusing to newcomers. As we’ve mentioned above, when playing Starburst you have to choose your bet level and the coin value – but what’s the difference between them?
Coin Value: This refers to how much you want to spend on each payline in the game for every spin. The options here are 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.50 and 1.00. The easiest way to remember them is to place the Great British pound, euro, or US dollar sign before each number. So let’s say, for example, you choose the £0.05 coin value. This means that you will be playing a total of £0.50 per spin (£0.05 per line x 10 pay lines in Starburst).
Bet Level: The bet level meanwhile, multiplies your bet by the level you set it. So, when the bet level is set at 1 and your coin value is set at £0.05, then the game will multiply your £0.05 per line by 1, which would result in, once again £0.50. But if your bet level is set at 3, then the game will multiply your £0.05 per line by 3, therefore you will be playing £0.15 per payline. In Starburst’s case, this would add up to £1.50 per spin.
As always, the higher the bet level and the larger the value of the coin are, the more likely you are to win bigger amounts and the more likely you are to lose big amounts.
Here are the lowest and highest bets you can make in Starburst specifically.
• Lowest Bet on Starburst
Coin Value: £0.01
Bet Level: 1
Price per spin: £0.10
• Highest Bet on Starburst
Coin Value: £1.00
Bet Level: 10
Price per spin: £100.00
Starburst Slot Strategy – Tips & Cheats for Starburst Slot
As a slot, Starburst is a game of chance and luck. It is has an RNG (random number generator) as well that has been certified to return pay outs in a random and unpredictable way. This means that the game is fair on both the casino and the player, but also that there isn’t much you can do to make winning any easier.
Nevertheless, there are a number of things you can do to give yourself the best chances of bagging some cash.
- Play for free first: Video slots do not have the complicated rules of other casino games like roulette, blackjack or poker, but they can still be confusing to novices. This can be offset by the fact that so many casinos give you the opportunity to play Starburst for fun (i.e not real money). That way, you can understand the dashboard and the symbols better before you start putting any real cash into the game.
- Claim any no-wager spins: When we talk about free spins, there are two distinctive types: ones with no-wager and others with wagering requirements. When free spins come with no wagering requirements, it means that you can cash out on any winnings without having to deposit and play more money. These free spins give you extra opportunities to win without spending a penny, so if you come across them (we’ve listed many casinos that offer them here), take them!
- Try to anticipate the Wild symbols: The expanding Wild symbol (the Starburst star) doesn’t usually appear on the reels before you spin them a good handful of times. When it does appear, however, a win is almost always guaranteed. For that reason, try to anticipate the appearance of Wild symbols and increase the bid a bit before. The win then should be larger. Of course, never exceed your budget.
Starburst Promotions at Starburst Casinos
As such an iconic game, Starburst is one of those video slots that Starburst online casinos have long used to lure new players in. Indeed, you will find many casinos that give Starburst-specific free spins as bonuses. There are three main such bonuses, and below we explore each one in detail.
Playing Starburst on Mobile
Best Starburst Casino FAQs
Starburst is a low-volatility video slot by NetEnt, one of the world’s best-known game developers. The game, which is set in space, has become an icon in its genre, and has given millions of players hours of fun over the past nine years.
The maximum win on Starburst is of 50,000 coins. Such a big win can only be achieved by setting the coin value to £1.00 and the bet level to 10. Of course, no win is ever guaranteed.
Starburst is a game of chance that runs on a certified RNG, so there’s very little you can do to win more often. Having said that, testing the game out through a Starburst demo, and placing higher bets in anticipation of the expanding Wild appearing on the reels can up your chances.
It’s super easy. Just set the bet level and coin value, and hit the spin button!
Starburst’s RTP stands at 96.01%. This is quite average for most video slots, but much higher than the majority of casino table games.
The minimum bet on Starburst is of £0.01 per payline, which amounts to £0.10 per spin. To achieve this, you will need to set the coin value to £0.01 and the bet level to 1.
Yes, many European and UK casinos give you the opportunity to do so. European casinos do not require you to sign up to do this, while UK ones do.
Anyone who plays Starburst for real money is eligible to win the jackpot. Of course, this doesn’t happen often, and you will need to create the right environment for it to happen by setting the bet level and coin value to max.