Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Review
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways||117,649|
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ is an upcoming video slot from iSoftBet’s portfolio, where you can enjoy the Megaways™ mechanic and 6 distinct bonus features – including free spins and win reactions. If you’re a fan of famous wizards and gothic castles, this game will be right up your alley!
- Top Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Casinos With Bonuses in 2023
- What Is Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot?
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Bonus Features
- Bonus Buy
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Freeplay & Mobile Compatibility
- How to Play/Win Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Pros & Cons
- Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
Top Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Casinos With Bonuses in 2023
- 100+ iSoftBet games!
- Great no frills experience
- Super quick registration
What Is Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot?
The game will be officially released this summer – on the 20th August 2022, but a demo version is already available and you can try it out right here!
Just like the other titles in the developer’s spooky franchise, Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ will also feature a mythical figure at the forefront of the action – Merlin, the wizard from the legend of King Arthur.
So, make your best potion mix, get comfortable and find out more about this upcoming iSoftBet gem in our Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ slot review!
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Bets: $/€/£0.20 – $/€/£20
- Ways of winning: Up To 117,649
- Theme: Wizards, Fantasy, History, Legends, Merlin, King Arthur, Medieval
- Symbols: Wild, Scatter, Mystery
- Wild: Yes
- Scatter: Yes
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Smartphone, desktop, tablet
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Bonus Features
Based on the preliminary details we have at this moment, Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ shares multiple similarities with Morgana Megaways™ – one of the supplier’s most well-received titles. This applies to both the general feel of the game, and some of its bonus rounds.
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ has a total of 6 bonus features: 2 base game modifiers, mystery symbols that come to play at any point in the game, free spins, cascading reels and a bonus buy option.
This mechanic is active all throughout the game, and is triggered by any winning combination on the reels. The lucky symbols involved get removed from the playing board and are replaced by new ones in a cascade.
This can boost your chances to land multiple consecutive wins, as the cascading reels mechanic only stops once no more winning combinations get triggered.
Base Game Modifiers
It seems that iSoftBet understands our need to have an equally exciting base game and not spend forever spinning without any meaningful mechanic to boost the action. As such, the developer added two exciting modifiers that get triggered randomly:
- Merlin’s Magic – this feature will either change a losing spin into a winning one or take you straight to the free spins bonus round.
- Max Megaways™ – if you’re lucky enough, one spin can change the game’s layout to its maximum configuration (117,649 ways to win)
Mystery Symbols Feature
The mystery symbols feature is present during the base game, but also during the bonus game, and is triggered by an orb mystery symbol. When in sight, all mystery symbols will transform into the same symbol, which will be chosen at random. Mystery symbols can fall anywhere on the game board.
We really appreciate iSoftBet staying true to the Legend of King Arthur and giving the Excalibur sword a special role in this game. Associated with magic powers, here the Excalibur sword is also the scatter symbol that leads us to good fortune!
To trigger the free spins feature, you need 3 or more Excalibur sword symbols anywhere on the reels. Depending on how many of them land, you’ll get a different number of free spins, as such:
- 3 Excalibur swords – 8 free spins
- 4 Excalibur swords – 10 free spins
- 5 Excalibur swords – 14 free spins
- 6 Excalibur swords – 20 free spins
Alternatively, before the start of the round, you can opt to gamble for free spins by collecting special symbols. This will also boost the number of possible ways to win! The concept is pretty simple – you will be presented with a spinning wheel that you can use to gamble for up to 20 free spins.
Your goal is to land in the green segment of the wheel to win an extra spin – keep in mind that landing in the red segment will make you lose the entire bonus and take you back to the base game.
During the free spins feature, you must collect symbols (both low value and high value) to win a set number of free spins and an increasing number of paylines. It doesn’t matter where these symbols land or if they’re part of a winning combination – they’ll get collected regardless.
Of course, the higher the symbol value, the more free spins and ways to win you get, as such:
- Collect 20 9 Playing Cards – get 4 free spins
- Collect 20 10 Playing Cards – get 4 free spins and 500 Megaways™
- Collect 15 J Playing Cards – get 4 free spins and 500 Megaways™
- Collect 15 Q Playing Cards – get 3 free spins and 1,000 Megaways™
- Collect 12 K Playing Cards – get 3 free spins and 1,000 Megaways™
- Collect 12 A Playing Cards – get 3 free spins and 2,000 Megaways™
- Collect 10 Blue Orb Symbols – get 2 free spins and 10,000 Megaways™
- Collect 10 Green Gems – get 2 free spins and 10,000 Megaways™
- Collect 8 Purple Swirl Symbols – get 1 free spin and 50,000 Megaways™
- Collect 8 Wizard Merlin symbols – get 1 free spin and 117,649 Megaways™
You will also see a counter on the left side of the reels to better track your progress. If you’re lucky enough to collect all symbols after starting with 20 free spins, you can acquire a total of 47 extra spins!
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ slot also comes with a bonus buy feature that is only available in particular jurisdictions (the UK is excluded due to local gambling laws).
For a cost of 80x your bet, you will get taken straight to the free spins feature. Between 3-6 scatter symbols will land randomly on the next spin, which will award you up to 20 free spins, without having to use the gamble wheel.
Moreover, if you buy the bonus, you’ll enjoy a better RTP score of 96.5%, compared to the standard 96%, if you play the game organically from start to finish.
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ slot has an estimated RTP score of 96% – which is precisely the average of Megaways™ slots in general, so it’s not particularly impressive.
However, the real strength and win potential of this title lies in its bonus features and multiple ways to win. The game also boasts a decent hit frequency of 29.9%, meaning roughly a third of your spins can trigger a win.
Buying the bonus will slightly increase the RTP to 96.5%, but it’s still nothing to write home about. The maximum win is capped at 20,000x your bet.
This title has a high variance/volatility level, which encourages big wins, but only if you use those sweet bonuses, extra spins and modifiers to your advantage!
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
Judging by its low-stake range of €0.20 – €20, we can safely assume that iSoftBet aims to make this title accessible to the vast majority of players and fans of the wizarding world. However, the maximum stakes allowed may not fare well with high rollers.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ will surely mostly please fans of Arthurian legends, history and wizard-themed slots. The game is set in the middle of a mystical forest, surrounded by stone walls, reminiscent of a gothic castle. These design choices boost authenticity, as they are reminiscent of Camelot, the medieval castle from King Arthur’s times.
The spooky outdoor exteriors contrast well with the colourful symbols on the reels (gems, swirly patterns and Merlin himself), and the cascading reels mechanic ensures those symbol destructions are even more impressive. And, to top things off, we have an uplifting, orchestral soundtrack in the background that is very well-suited for the theme.
Paytable & Special Symbols
- Playing cards from 9 to A (low-value symbols) – pay up to 1x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Blue orb – pays up to 1.5x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Green gem – pays up to 2x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Purple swirl – pays up to 4x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Wizard Merlin – premium symbol, pays up to 10x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Wild – stylised as the letter ”w” in a circle, substitutes all other symbols aside from the scatter
- Mystery symbol – looks like an orb, appears randomly and triggers the mystery symbols feature
- Scatter – the Excalibur sword, 3 or more trigger the free spins feature
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Freeplay & Mobile Compatibility
Because Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ slot is yet to be released at online casinos for real money, at the moment, you can only try it in demo version using our launcher below.
Same as other iSoftBet releases, this game also uses HTML5 technology, and is therefore compatible by default with Android/iOS smartphones and tablets.
Because of the cascading reels mechanic, plus other fast-paced elements of the game (multiple ways to win, symbol collection), we highly recommend using landscape orientation on your device or Megaways™ mobile app.
This way, you’ll enjoy the most enhanced visual experience possible, even if you’re on the go!
How to Play/Win Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™
As it uses the Megaways™ engine, this slot has a changing configuration on each spin. You will play on 6 reels, each able to hold between 2-7 special symbols, and the number of ways to win will fluctuate between 64 to 117,649 max. At any given point, you will see how many paylines are available at the top side of the screen.
Before starting the game, you can set your stakes using the ”coin” graphic element on the right-side of the window. Here you can also set single win/loss limits of up to €200.
An ”Autoplay” option is also provided for a number of 100-1,000 automatic rounds, plus a ”Turbo” mode if you click on the lightning bolt icon on the bottom-left side.
However, do keep in mind that these last two gameplay options are not available to UK players, same goes for the bonus buy feature. A winning combination consists of 3 or more matching symbols on the reels, starting from reel 1.
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Pros & Cons
Should you join the world’s most legendary wizard for yet another adventure in Camelot? Let’s see:
- 6 bonus features
- Great base game modifiers
- Free spins gamble wheel
- Bonus buy provided
- A player-favourite Arthurian theme
- Fantastic addition to the Twisted Tale collection
- Top-notch visuals & animations
- Maximum win is capped
- Average RTP score
- Very similar to Morgana Megaways™
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ Slot Verdict
iSoftBet chose a fitting continuation for its Twisted Tale Collection; Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ is a fresh take on the Arthurian story, with a nice pinch of Megaways™ slots mechanics. The flexible payline configuration, original gamble wheel, mystery symbols and those sensational win reactions keep the base game and the bonus rounds fresh all throughout.
However, one small critique we can add that other players have noted in their reviews is that Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ feels a lot like a copy of Morgana Megaways™, with slight tweaks and alterations.
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: The Great Pigsby Megaways™
- Read also: Big Top Bonanza Megaways™
- Read also: Dia Del Mariarchi Megaways™
- Read also: Chilli Picante Megaways™
- Read also: Wild Portals Megaways™
- Read also: Star Cluster Megapays™
- Read also: Cash ‘N Riches WOWPOT! Megaways™
- Read also: Bon Bomb Luxpots Megaways™
Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ has an RTP score of 96% if you opt for regular play, and 96.5% if you buy the bonus.
Currently, as the game hasn’t been released yet, the real-money version is not available. We’ll update this review with a list of recommended online casinos as soon as things change – in the meantime, you can play Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™ for free on this page!
You need to match 3 scatter symbols (the excalibur sword) anywhere on the reels to trigger the free spins feature.