Gold Digger Megaways™ Review
Gold Digger Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways||Up To 117,649|
What Is the Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot?
Fans of the original Gold Digger slot from iSoftBet will be pleased to learn the developer plans to release a Megaways™ version in early 2022. From the preliminary details we’ve gathered, Gold Digger Megaways™ will maintain the same gold mining theme, complete with the traditional country music rolling in the background. And, to top things off, the beloved miner character, Gus, is back, restlessly digging for treasures underground.
Gold Digger Megaways™ will have a structure of 6 reels, between 2-7 rows and between 324-117,649 ways to win, thanks to the Megaways™ slot mechanic implemented via a licensing deal with Big Time Gaming. The game is set to be launched in demo version on the developer’s website on the 17th of February 2022.
Are you ready to see if the upcoming Gold Digger Megaways™ will be your ticket to a luxurious casino experience or not? Find out in our in-depth Gold Digger Megaways™ slot review!
- What Is the Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot?
- Best Gold Digger Megaways™ Casinos Online in 2023
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Bonus Features
- Gold Digger Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable and Special Symbols
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Free Play Demo & Mobile Play
- How To Win Gold Digger Megaways™
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Pros & Cons
- Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
Best Gold Digger Megaways™ Casinos Online in 2023
- iSoftBet games available
- 24/7 live support
- Crypto and traditional payments available
- Play iSoftBet games here
- Great first deposit bonus
- UKGC & MGA Licensed
- iSoftBet titles to play here!
- Enticing Wheel of Rizk
- Rizk Races to play through
- Play iSoftBet titles here
- 20 No Deposit free spins upon sign up
- Excellent no frills experience
- 100+ iSoftBet games!
- Great no frills experience
- Super quick registration
Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Bets: $/€/£0.20 – $/€/£20
- Ways of winning: 117 649
- Theme: Mining, Gold, Riches, Underground, Dynamite
- Symbols: Wild
- Wild: Yes
- Scatter: No
- Free Spins: No
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Smartphone, desktop, tablet
Gold Digger Megaways™ Bonus Features
iSoftBet truly went the extra mile for this sequel, enriching it with tons of features in the base game, alongside exciting bonus games. There are 9 bonus features total – for that reason, every spin promises something exciting. Although there is no scatter symbol and, subsequently, no free spins round, the game compensates through an array of other surprises.
The base game has 4 modifiers triggered randomly (e.g.: Max Megaways™, Mystery Blast), alongside win reactions that will help you unlock consecutive prizes. Moreover, there is an incredibly rewarding Hold & Spin feature that you may recognise from other iSoftBet slots, which will give you the chance to earn progressive jackpots, reel booster symbols and increasing multipliers.
Also known as win reactions or cascading reels, depending on the developer, this mechanic ensures that all symbols involved in winning combinations will be removed from the reels and replaced with new ones falling from above. This continuous cascade only stops once no more winning combinations are formed, rewarding players with the sum of all payouts at the end of the spin.
Base Game Modifiers
Most online slots keep the base game rather standard, reserving all the action for the bonus rounds. That is not the case at all with Gold Digger Megaways™ slot, as every spin in the base game can trigger one of four modifiers randomly:
- Max Megaways™ – Unlocks the slot’s maximum configuration of 117,649 ways to win.
- Mystery Blast – Boxes filled with TNT explode spectacularly on the reels, leaving a mystery symbol in their wake.
- Boomer Bonus Add – Gus, the slot’s main character, calls upon his loyal canine companion, Boomer and lets him sniff around until he finds a gold nugget. This will lead the player straight into the Hold&Win Respin Bonus round.
- Boomer Lose to Win – Man’s best friend comes to the rescue again, turning a losing spin into a winning one or, alternatively, triggering a bonus.
Hold & Win Respins
This bonus feature can be found in a number of popular iSoftBet slots such as Outback Gold Hold & Win, Diamond Heist Hold & Win or Brides of Dracula Hold & Win. It is not only very rewarding in practice, but also keeps the player engaged with a number of features within the same bonus game.
To trigger this feature at Gold Digger Megaways™ slot, you need 5 or more gold nugget symbols in the base game. A separate reel will be added where only gold nugget or reel booster symbols can appear. Initially, you will get rewarded with 3 respins, but more can be acquired on every new symbol that lands; however, that will also reset the respin counter.
The gold nugget symbols will stay locked in place, and can be accompanied by multiplier values between 1x to 20x. You can also obtain 3 progressive jackpots – Mini (25x your stake), Major (50x your stake) or Mega (100x your stake).
Each reel booster will correspond to a particular gem type that you can find on the reels, such as:
- Blue gem – Increases the height of the reel it appears on.
- Green gem – Causes all gold nugget symbols to increase to the next possible value.
- Red gem – Gives you an extra respin that gets stored – the player can use it even when the counter is at 0. You can store up to 3 extra respins.
- Purple gem – Increases the multiplier value by 1x, which will get added to the total wins once the bonus round ends.
One last surprise to be on the lookout for is the Boomer’s Boost modifier, which can be triggered randomly by old man Gus during this bonus feature. When triggered, you will get extra golden nuggets or gem boosters.
Gold Bet Feature
At the start of every spin, you can decide whether to activate the Gold Bet feature or not. If you do so, and increase your stake size by 50%, this side bet will guarantee 10,000 ways to win on every spin, giving you better odds of unlocking both the modifiers and the Hold & Win respins.
For players outside the United Kingdom, where this feature is prohibited by local legislation, Gold Digger Megaways™ slot will also come with a bonus buy option. For a cost of 75x your stake, you will be taken straight to the bonus round – you’ll be able to trigger 5 gold nuggets and get a higher RTP of 96.86%.
Gold Digger Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
The RTP score of Gold Digger Megaways™ differs depending on whether you buy the bonus or not. The estimated RTP score is 95.97% if you play organically, and 96.86% if you get a paid ticket to the bonus round.
The game has a medium-volatility level, making it more accessible to risk-adverse players compared to other Megaways™ slots. It also features a hit frequency rate of 24.9%, which is pretty generous – in practice, roughly one-fourth of your spins have the potential to trigger a win. The maximum win you can obtain at Gold Digger Megaways™ slot is 28,821x your stake.
Gold Digger Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
The betting range offered by Gold Digger Megaways™ is broad enough to appeal to most player categories, except for high rollers (€0.2 – €20 per spin). If you activate the side bet, you can get a better range of €0.30- €30 per spin.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Gold Digger Megaways™ is a raging success, both in terms of storytelling, world building and character design, as well as gameplay elements. The whopping 9 bonus features provide unparalleled entertainment and win potential, well above what most Megaways™ slots in our list offer.
The game also re-acquaints us with the popular characters from the previous launch – old man Gus standing by the left side of the reels, encouraging the player as he makes his way through the gold mines and his canine friend, Boomer.
All in all, Gold Digger Megaways™ is a fantastic take on a popular casino theme, featuring underground mines where golden treasures abound. Visually, this theme is brought to life spectacularly through the use of animations and 3D symbols – the lanterns and carts full of gold shimmer on every spin, encouraging players to discover new fortunes.
Paytable and Special Symbols
- Old man Gus the miner – The main character is the most valuable symbol, paying up to 25x your total stake for 6 of a kind.
- Low paying symbols – Playing cards A, K, Q and J, pay up to 0.75x your stake for 6 of a kind.
- High paying symbols – Lanterns, mining carts, pickaxe, pay up to 5x your stake for 6 of a kind.
- Wild symbol – The dynamite, appears on the top reel only, substitutes all other symbols except for the gold nugget.
Gold Digger Megaways™ Free Play Demo & Mobile Play
Since the real-money version is yet to be launched, in the meantime, you can try the game entirely for free right here, on our website. In this way, you can familiarise yourself with the betting ranges, game rules and learn how to unlock the best modifiers and bonus rounds, risk-free.
Like all modern iSoftBet slots, Gold Digger Megaways™ has been developed using HTML5/JS technology to run smoothly on all desktop and mobile devices (tablet and smartphone with Android/iOS). Because of its construction, we highly recommend using landscape mode if you play on a smaller device.
How To Win Gold Digger Megaways™
Because Gold Digger Megaways™ uses the renowned Megaways™ engine from BTG, you will get an ever-changing slot configuration. You have 6 reels, with each one containing between 2-7 symbols. Your goal is to obtain as many symbols as possible per reel so that you can unlock the maximum configuration of 117,649 ways to win.
A winning combination will be triggered by 3 or more matching symbols from left to right on adjacent reels, starting from reel 1. Moreover, if you want to boost your odds, you can opt to use the Gold Bet option which will increase the size of your bet by 50%.
Lastly, in some jurisdictions, except for the United Kingdom, the game will come with two additional options that will enable you to tailor your game experience even more – Autoplay (lets the game run on its own for up to 100 spins) and Turbo Mode (increases the speed of the game).
Gold Digger Megaways™ Pros & Cons
Is Gold Digger Megaways™ packed with riches, as the name suggests, or not? Let’s find out:
- 4 base game modifiers
- Side bets allowed
- Unique Hold & Win mechanic
- Reel boosters
- Win reactions
- No free spins
- Maximum win is capped
Gold Digger Megaways™ Slot Verdict
Gold Digger Megaways™ ticks all the right boxes of a high quality sequel to a much appreciated classic. It is filled to the brim with exciting features, both during the base game and during bonus rounds, and it maintains the personality and theme of the previous launch.
Players stand to benefit from a great deal of flexibility, as they can trigger all of the above organically or get a paid shortcut, thanks to the bonus buy option included. The reel boosters, modifiers and increasing multipliers ensure the gameplay remains exciting and rewarding for hours.
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Merry Christmas Megaways™
- Read also: 8 Tigers Gold Megaways™
- Read also: Si Ling Megaways™
- Read also: Jingle Ways Megaways™
- Read also: Santa’s Big Bash Megaways™
- Read also: Rock N’Ways XtraWays™
The Gold Digger Megaways™ slot has an RTP of 95.97%. If you use the bonus buy feature, you will get a slightly better score of 96.86%.
You can unlock a total of 9 extra features: 4 base game modifiers and 5 more features, which are part of the Gold Hold & Win Respins bonus game (progressive jackpots, reel boosters, respins, etc.).
Yes, there are plenty of online slots which tackle the mining theme in a creative way, such as Blueprint Gaming’s Diamond Mine Extra Gold Megaways™ or Microgaming’s Gold Mine.