Ultimate Low Stakes Megaways™ Slots in 2023
Low stakes Megaways™ slots give you all the thrills that this mechanic has to offer without costing you a fortune – and you can still win real money in the process! In gambling, a stake is the amount of money risked in a single wager. That stake can range in value, going from as low as 1p or 1c per spin, all the way up to the hundreds. With this in mind, what is meant by ‘low stake Megaways™’ becomes clear. They are video slots that run the Big Time Gaming-developed Megaways™ mechanic, and which let you make small bets.
Best Low Stakes Megaways™ Casinos in 2023
100% bonus up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
100% bonus up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
100% bonus up to €500 + 100 Free Spins
6 BTC Bonus Or Unlimited 20% Cashback
Up To €1,000 Casino Bonus Bundle
€800 + 250 Free Spins
100% Non-Sticky Deposit Bonus Up To €500
Deposit €150, Play With €300
100% Bonus Up To €300 + 20 Free Spins
Up To €400 + 400 Free Spins
What Are Low Stake Megaways™ Slots?
Although traditional low stake slots allow for bets starting from 1p/1c, (which is why they are sometimes referred to as ‘penny slots’), in the case of Megaways™, this amount usually ranges from 0.10p/0.10c to 0.20p/0.20c.
The reason for this is that Megaways™, by their very design, have way more paylines than traditional slot machines, with the usual number being 117,649 Megaways™ to win. This means that your 0.10p or 0.10c on a Megaways™ slot is spread across more lines than on a traditional slot machine, which can have just 10 or 20 paylines.
Moreover, many Megaways™ slots have the cascading reels feature, which will see any symbols in a winning combination being replaced by new ones without the need for spinning again. In other words, payline for payline and spin for spin, Megaways™ slots can be cheaper to play than normal video slots.
We’d also like to point out that video slots aren’t the only low stake casino games out there. Certain variations of blackjack, video poker, and roulette also allow for very low stakes, with the Penny Roulette being an all-time favourite in the genre.
Below we take a look at the pros and cons of playing such low stake Megaways™ slots, and also review the five best low bet Megaways™ slot machines out there.
Pros & Cons of Low Bet Megaways™ Slot Machines
If you’re still trying to make up your mind on whether you should play low stake Megaways™ slots or not, here’s what you should keep in mind.
- Great for any budget: Because these slots allow for low stakes, anyone can play them – no matter the budget.
- Prolong your session: With low stakes, your budget can be stretched, meaning you can play for longer.
- Low risk: As you won’t be staking large sums with every spin, your risk will be far lower.
- Great for learning and testing: Found a slot that you’re not sure about? Want to figure out the paytable properly? Low stake Megaways™ slots allow you to do that without spending a fortune.
- Frequent payouts: Penny slots and low stake Megaways™ usually issue payouts at a faster rate than high stakes video slots.
- You’ll find them everywhere: Practically all casinos carry a number of low stake video slots, including some of the best low bet Megaways™ slot machines.
- Smaller payouts: Most video and Megaways™ slots payouts are based on your stake, with a winning combination being X times your stake. This means that low wagers will result in smaller payouts.
- Harder-to-hit jackpots: Max wins on Megaways™ can be huge, but you are very unlikely to get them when making low stake bets.
- Losing track of spending: While low stake bets make your budget last longer, it’s important to keep that budget in mind. It’s easy to say, ‘Oh, it’s just another 5p/5c,’ over and over again, until you’ve spent double what you had originally planned to for the session.
Our Top 5 Low Stake Megaways™
In our list of all Megaways™ slots article, you’ll find exactly that: every Megaways™ slot ever released by the best Megaways™ software providers out there. But not all Megaways™ allow for low stakes below 0.20p/c. Below, we list five that do!
88 Fortunes Megaways™
88 Fortunes Megaways™ is a high-volatility, Asian-themed slot by Bally Technologies. It’s a wonderful game that has a high RTP of 96.27%, up to 117,649 Megaways™ to win, and comes with plenty of bonuses.
These include free spins with unlimited multipliers, Cascading Reels, and the ‘Picker Feature’ – a bonus round which lets you pick three coins that provide you with even more free spins with multipliers.
Another great feature in this game allows you to choose how many of the main symbols you’d like to turn into gold ones for each spin. The gold versions of the symbols pay out a lot more, but the more gold symbols you choose, the higher your stake will have to be. At just one gold symbol, your stake can be of as little as 0.08p/c per spin.
NFT Megaways™ by NetEnt merges the concepts of the non-fungible token and cryptocurrency with a retro 8-bit theme. It does so with great panache as, on the one hand, the game is visually and thematically striking; while, on the other, the game itself is a great example of what a Megaways™ slot should be.
This is because of its many bonus features that include cascading reels, wild multipliers, a free spins bonus game, and up to 117,649 Megaways™ to win. With high volatility, high RTP (96%), and a max win of up to 10,000x your stake, the game has become a favourite among those who want to make high bets per spin (£/€10), as well as very low ones. In fact, the minimum amount per spin can be of just 0.10p/c.
Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways™
Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways™ by Blueprint Gaming is based on the same theme as its famous and much-loved predecessor, the underwater-themed Fishin’ Frenzy. In this case, the game runs the Megaways™ mechanic and comes with 117,649 lines, as well as two great bonus features: a free spins bonus game and a Fisherman Wild feature that gives you the chance to catch yellow-fin tuna symbols that come with up to 50x multipliers. However, this slot doesn’t have the Cascading Reels feature.
The game has a high RTP of 96.10%, medium volatility, and a max win of up to 50,000x your bet – which at the maximum stake can result in a whooping £/€250,000 jackpot. It’s also part of Blueprint’s Jackpot King series, which means every spin gives you the chance to win the progressive jackpot.
The best part? You can take it for a spin from as little as 0.10p/c!
Spicy Meatballs Megaways™
Spicy Meatballs Megaways™ is a delicious video slot by Big Time Gaming, the inventors of the mechanic themselves. The game, as the title suggests, is all about food, and is set in an industrial kitchen with the ingredients acting as the main symbols, while copper pots full of multipliers bubble away on top of the grid.
The game has bonus features aplenty, including Cascading Reels, Wild Meatball symbols, and free spins. It’s also got a particularly high RTP (96.57%), medium to high volatility, and an insane max win of 52,210x your stake. You can try this game out from as little as 0.10p/c!
Although not technically a Megaways™ slot, Starburst™ XXXtreme by NetEnt is not just a normal video slot, either. In fact, what makes this game ‘XXXtreme’ are the bonus features, which include Random Wild symbols that can give you multipliers of up to 450x your stake, free respins, and the possibility to buy spins in which the Random Wilds are guaranteed to drop (though this can be quite expensive).
The game itself feels very similar to its legendary forerunner, which has become an absolute favourite wherever video slots are available. In this version, however, which can be played from as little as 0.10p/c per spin, you can expect to find an RTP of 96.26%, high volatility, and a max win of 200,000x your stake.
How To Win at Low Bet Megaways™ Slot Machines
The best low bet Megaways™ slots machines, like all other video slots, are games of chance, meaning that winning and losing are based solely upon luck. Nevertheless, there are certain things you can do to give yourself the best possible chances of doing well. Here’s how:
- Play the demo version first: When playing a video slot for the first time, it may take you a while to figure out the paytable (how much each symbol pays), how bonuses can be triggered, and so on. For that reason, playing the game for free before you stake real money can really help you wrap your head around the game. Many websites, including ours, give you the chance to do so without staking any money.
- Choose a slot with a high RTP: As you may have noticed in our best Megaways™ low stake slots reviews above, we chose games that have a high RTP. This is because a high RTP (return to player) means that the game will return most of what you play back to you. This helps you win back some of the money you play and, in certain cases, even make a profit. Check out our list of the highest Megaways™ RTP.
- Set a budget: When playing any casino game – even low stake Megaways™ slots – setting a budget is imperative. A budget can help you create a plan on how large each stake should be, as well as when to stop playing. Your budget should never be more than what you can afford to lose, and you should always stick to it.
- Save your winnings: One mistake many players make is to gamble their winnings in the hopes of turning them into more winnings. Sadly, this often results in players losing their whole budget, plus any winnings they would have otherwise made. That’s why we recommend setting aside any winnings you make, so that way, you never walk away empty-handed.
Low Stake Megaways™ Final Say
Low stakes Megaways™ slots are a great way to experience the thrill such video slots can give, without spending a fortune in the process. In fact, by choosing this option and following our advice, you can indeed have the best of both worlds!
Low Stake Megaways™ Slots FAQs
Our favourites are 88 Fortunes Megaways™, Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways™, and NFT Megaways™. We review these three low stakes Megaways™ slots, as well as two others, above.
Practically all casinos stock one or more Megaways™ slots that allow for low stakes. Our top table at the top of this article list five legal and licensed UK and European/rest of the world casinos that offer such slots.
Yes, they totally can! In Spicy Meatballs Megaways™, for example, the max win is of 52,210x your stake. At just 0.10p/c per spin, that may result in a £/€5,221 win!
To our knowledge, there are no 1p Megaways™ slots. The cheapest one we found is 88 Fortunes Megaways™ at 0.08p/c per spin, but there are many that allow for 0.10p/c stakes, too.
Of course! Fishin’ Frenzy Megaways™, for instance, which you can take for a spin from just 0.10p/c, is part of Blueprint’s Jackpot King series.