Blockchain Megaways™ Review
Blockchain Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways
|6x7 + 1x4
More slots by Booming Games
Blockchain Megaways™ by Booming Games is a rather unique title, where cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies take centre stage. Here, our experts look at every element that makes up this game.
- The Top Blockchain Megaways™ Casinos in 2024
- What Is Blockchain Megaways™?
- Blockchain Megaways™ Key Facts
- Blockchain Megaways™ Top Features
- Blockchain Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Blockchain Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Blockchain Megaways™ Mobile Play
- How To Play Blockchain Megaways™
- Blockchain Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Blockchain Megaways™ Slot Review Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
The Top Blockchain Megaways™ Casinos in 2024
- Booming Games titles available
- Live casino and jackpot games available
- UKGC & MGA Licensed
What Is Blockchain Megaways™?
Blockchain Megaways™ is Booming Games’ second Megaways™ title, following the release of Howling Wolves Megaways™ in December 2021.
In this title, Booming has capitalised on the popularity of cryptocurrencies. Its title refers to the Blockchain – a decentralised system of ledgers that records transactions made via these digital assets; while its symbols are fiat and crypto signs.
But what is the Guy Fawkes Mask doing there? We explore that further down in our Blockchain Megaways™ review, but before that, let’s take a better look at the game.
Like all other games that run on the Megaways™ mechanic, this title is under licence from Big Time Gaming. It comes with six reels that accommodate up to seven symbols each, plus a horizontal top tracker that fits four extra symbols. Together, this grid gives the game up to 200,704 Megaways™.
Moreover, there are plenty of Blockchain Megaways™ bonuses to help you win.
So are you ready to play this high-volatility slot?
Blockchain Megaways™ Key Facts
- Bets: 0.20c/p – €/£10
- Ways of winning: 200,704
- Theme: Cryptocurrencies, Currencies, Blockchain
- Symbols: Blue Ruble, Pink Lira, Green Yen, Purple Pound, Yellow Euro, Red Dollar, Orange Dogecoin, Green Litecoin, Purple Ethereum, Red Bitcoin, Gold Chip Coins, QR Code, Guy Fawkes Mask
- Wild: Multicoloured Neon Wild
- Scatter: Gold Free Spins
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: No
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, phone
Blockchain Megaways™ Top Features
This Booming Games title does not disappoint when it comes to bonuses! Let’s take a look at its top features:
Let’s start with a standard yet fantastic feature worth raving about: the cascading reels. Through this feature, symbols in a winning combination are replaced by new ones, effectively giving you the chance of landing multiple winning combinations from one stake.
This is available in both the base game and the free spins, though it’s part of an even better chain of events in the latter.
To enter the Free Spins feature, you’ll need to line up four Scatter symbols, which conveniently have ‘Free Spins’ written on them. These award 10 free spins with an unlimited, progressive win multiplier.
The active multiplier, which starts at 1x and increases by 1x every time you land a winning combination or symbol cascade, is applied to the following winning combination of symbols. It only resets when the feature ends.
But there’s more! If you land four Scatter symbols during the Free Spins feature, you’ll receive five extra spins, during which the multiplier will continue to grow.
Oh, and the randomly-triggered features mentioned just below can also happen during the free spins!
Over and above the free spins, Blockchain Megaways™ has three additional features that can randomly be triggered on any spin.
- The Cash Collect Feature: The figures on the Gold Chip Coins symbols are calculated according to your stake per spin, with possible figures being 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 10x, 20x, or 50x your stake. These symbols don’t do much on their own, but their values will be collected and paid out to you if they’re on the grid alongside a QR Code symbol. What’s even better is that you can land two QR Code symbols simultaneously, getting double the payout! The QR codes need to land on reel 6 or the top tracker to activate this feature.
- The Mystery Symbol Drop Feature: The Guy Fawkes Mask symbol is the game’s Mystery symbol. Several of these can land on the reels at any time before transforming into the same-paying symbol, almost always resulting in a win.
- The Max Megaways™ Feature: Forcing the reels to accommodate the maximum number of symbols possible (46), this feature ensures that you get the total number of Megaways™ possible. For the Blockchain Megaways™ slot, that is 200,704.
Finally, we’re sure players will be happy to discover that this game comes with a Bonus Buy feature, which in this case is called the ‘Buy Free Spins’ feature. While this may seem like a contradiction, it’s an honest representation of what you’ll be doing.
In fact, through this feature, you’ll be buying 10 free spins with all the features they usually come with, namely the cascading reels and the unlimited win multiplier.
This feature is pricy at 116x your stake per spin, so consider your budget first.
Blockchain Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
Blockchain Megaways™ RTP is 96%, which is pretty average but not high enough to make it onto our list of highest RTP Megaways™ slots.
The game is also highly volatile, resulting in infrequent but more significant payouts. Speaking of which, Blockchain Megaways™ will have a max win of 10,000x your stake. Nevertheless, we don’t know if there will be a cap and how much that cap will be.
Blockchain Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
This game’s betting range is not yet confirmed. Some demos show wide ranges starting at 0.10c/p and going all the way up to €/£400 per spin, while others go from 0.20c/p up to just €/£10.
Either way, the 0.10c/p or 0.20c/p minimum bet makes this one of the best low-stake Megaways™ slots out there. Of course, if the game does indeed allow €/£400 per spin bets, this would also be a top contender for best high-roller or VIP Megaways™ too, as it would let such players play through their wagering requirements quickly.
At its maximum potential, it seems that Blockchain Megaways™ can handle the following bets: 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40, 0.50, 0.80, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 4.00, 5.00, 7.50, 10.00, 15.00, 20.00, 25.00, 30.00 40.00, 50.00, 75.00, 100.00, 150.00, 200.00, 250.00, 300.00 and 400.00.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
The Blockchain Megaways™ slot is, unsurprisingly, about cryptocurrencies and the blockchain. Yet while the theme may seem almost inconsequential, we feel that Booming Games are trying to make a point.
For a start, this game undoubtedly believes in the supremacy of cryptocurrencies. Why else would it place cryptocurrencies as the high-paying ones but relegate fiat currencies, like the euro, the US dollar, and the Great British pound, to the low-paying tier?
Secondly, there’s the Guy Fawkes Mask Mystery symbol. The connection between Guy Fawkes and Bitcoin is a long-standing one.
As can be seen from this NewsBTC article from 2015, the most famous member of the English Catholic group who tried to blow up the British Parliament in 1605 has been the face of cryptocurrencies for aeons.
Moreover, the idealised mask of the state terrorist was made famous by the 2005 action-thriller V for Vendetta, and then adopted by the decentralised group of hacktivists called Anonymous. In other words, such a symbol is full of anti-establishment symbolism that cannot be ignored.
Could we be reading too much into this? Maybe we are. After all, it could be that this game, played on a futuristic computer interface, is just riding the wave of these digital assets, just like Red Tiger’s NFT Megaways™. But in that case, we feel the game would actually be quite dull…
No matter what you believe about the game, it’s good to know that it’s easy to play and quick to master. Our only complaint here is that spins take forever to stop, but this is something that can be easily remedied through the lightning-fast spin feature, which you can access from the ‘+’ sign next to the Spin button.
Paytable & Special Symbols
Instead of the usual card suit symbols, this game’s paytable kicks off with six fiat currency, low-paying signs. These are namely the blue Russian ruble (₽), the pink Turkish lira (₺), the green Japanese yen (¥), the purple Great British pound (£), the yellow euro (€), and the red US dollar ($). Lining up six of a kind will award you between 1x and 1.5x your stake.
These are followed by four high-paying cryptocurrency symbols, which pay higher amounts in this order: the orange Dogecoin (Ð), the green Litecoin (Ł), the purple Ethereum (Ξ/diamond), and the red Bitcoin (₿). These pay between 5x and 20x for six in a line.
Rounding things up are five special symbols:
- The Multicoloured Neon Wild acts as the game’s Wild, and replaces all paying symbols in a winning combination.
- The Gold Free Spins Symbol is the Scatter and triggers the Free Spins feature.
- The Guy Fawkes Mask is the Mystery symbol and transforms into other paying symbols.
- The Gold Chip Coins come with figures that range from 1x to 50x your stake.
- The QR Code collects Gold Chip Coins to issue payouts.
Blockchain Megaways™ Mobile Play
Like many of the titles in our Megaways™ slots list, this game has been created using a mix of JS and HTML5, making it easily playable on any modern device, including iOS, Android, and Microphone smartphones and tablets.
Where this game will be available is as yet unsure. While we’re confident some casinos will stock it, Booming Games Megaways™ are not as well-known as NetEnt Megaways™, Pragmatic Play Megaways™, or Blueprint Gaming Megaways™, so whether it will be available at the best Megaways™ mobile apps remains to be seen.
How To Play Blockchain Megaways™
If you’re ready to make your cryptocurrency fortune, you’ll need to spin the reels. Here’s how easy it is to play this game:
Step 1: Head to one of our legal and licensed casinos in our Top Table List above.
Step 2: Sign up to play for real money and claim your bonus (remember to read the Terms & Conditions).
Step 3: Go to the Blockchain Megaways™ page and load the game. This should work well on both desktop and mobile devices.
Step 4: Select your stake per spin from the Coin widget and hit the Spin button!
Tip: If you don’t feel like manually pressing the Spin button every couple of seconds, the game has an auto-play feature. To set it up, choose your stake per spin and click on the ‘+’ sign next to the Spin button. Once there, hit the ’50 Play’ button, and the game will play through 50 spins on your behalf.
Discover the Best Megaways™ Strategies
Are you looking for the best Megaways™ strategies and tips to help you win? Check out our dedicated article to find out more.
Blockchain Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Great bonus features
- Potentially huge betting range
- Futuristic theme
- Developer only has a few Megaways™ titles
Blockchain Megaways™ Slot Review Verdict
We’re on the fence about this one. On the one hand, the bonus features are great, but the theme is a bit weird. Nevertheless, that’s down to personal taste, and from a gameplay perspective, we can’t fault this game. So check it out for yourself and see what you think!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Vegas Megaways™
- Read also: Golden Catch Megaways™
- Read also: Musketeer Megaways™
- Read also: Triple Fruit Deluxe Megaways™
- Read also: Majestic Megaways™ Extreme 4
- Read also: Risque Megaways™
This game’s RTP is 96%, which is average for Megaways™ titles.
According to reports, the max win will be 10,000x the stake. This still needs to be confirmed, and we expect there to be a cap.
Many are reporting the 26th of May as the release date for this Booming Games title, but there is no official confirmation yet.