Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Review
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways||324-117,649|
What Is Black Gold 2 Megaways™?
Released on the 24th of June 2021, Black Gold 2 Megaways™ retains some of the key elements that made its predecessor a success, but also brings a fresh touch and loads of bonus features. Players can enjoy the popular Megaways™ mechanic with licensing from Big Time Gaming, alongside cascading wins, free spins with multiplier and a crisp, modern design.
Join us as we dive right into the best this game has to offer in our Black Gold 2 Megaways™ slot review!
- What Is Black Gold 2 Megaways™?
- Best Online Casinos to Play Black Gold 2 Megaways™ With Real Money
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Key Facts
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Freeplay and Mobile
- How to Play and Win Black Gold 2 Megaways™
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Bonus Features
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ RTP and Win Potential
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
- Paytable and Special Symbols
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Black Gold 2 Megaways™ – Is It a Gold Mine or Not?
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
Best Online Casinos to Play Black Gold 2 Megaways™ With Real Money
- Stakelogic games available
- Lotteries and tourneys sections
- Great Jackpot Offers
- Play Stakelogic games here
- Dedicated live casino section
- Great additional promotions
- More than 100 Stakelogic titles
- Easy, no frills experience
- Super quick registration
- Play Stakelogic games here
- Great no frills experience
- Super quick registration
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Key Facts
- Return To Player: 96.01%
- Reels: 6
- Bets: £/$/€0.2 – £/$/€ 40
- Ways of winning: up to 117 649
- Theme: Western, Cowboy, Wild West, Oil Mining
- Symbols: Random Wilds, Multiplier Wilds, Scatter, Stacked Wilds
- Wild: Yes
- Scatter: Yes
- Free spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Freeplay and Mobile
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ has been optimised by Stakelogic to run without any compatibility issues on all mobile platforms and devices for both Android and iOS. Due to its design, it is best enjoyed in landscape mode on your smartphone or tablet.
How to Play and Win Black Gold 2 Megaways™
The player objective is pretty simple – you need to ”dig for oil” or, in other words, remove the lower-paying symbols using dynamite to uncover the high-paying ones and bag some impressive wins.
Due to the structure, the game drops between 2-7 symbols on each reel and, on every spin, you can trigger between 324 to 117,649 ways to win. A winning combination consists of 2-6 matching symbols adjacent to each other, paid from left to right only.
A good strategy to make sure you get consistent payouts is to trigger as many bonus features as possible and take full advantage of the win multipliers and various modifiers found in the game.
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Bonus Features
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ has an impressive number of 7 special features, keeping players engaged and with their eyes on the prize at all times. Here’s the most important ones:
When a winning combination is formed, the symbols involved are blasted from the reels, only to be replaced by other symbols. The cascading wins mechanic only stops when there are no more winning combinations formed.
To trigger the free spins round, you need 4 or more Scatter symbols (the oil rig) anywhere on the reels. There is an active multiplier that starts at 1x and increases on every successful cascade. You can either get:
- 5 free spins with a 10x multiplier (and 1 free spin extra if you can get another Scatter)
- 8 free spins with a 5x multiplier (and 2 more free spins if you can get another Scatter)
- 12 free spins with a 1x multiplier (and another 3 spins if you can trigger an additional Scatter symbol)
- A mystery option or a randomised number of free spins or multipliers (this can be re-triggered if you can land another 3 or more scatter symbols)
Buy The Bonus
The bonus buy feature is only available in specific jurisdictions due to local regulations (the UK is excluded). It gives you access to any of the game’s bonus features for a cost of 100x your total bet.
This innovative game mechanic from Stakelogic is able to boost your chances of taking home a big prize by placing a side bet. If you use it, that will double your stake.
You will also get a bonus reel modifier that can consist of various multipliers, random Wild symbols, stacked Wilds, destroyer symbols, mystery symbols, free spins or the Gold Rush feature.
This feature is triggered by 4 bonus symbols on the reels, which award you with 3 respins. Each bonus symbol offers an increasing multiplier. After the bonus symbols reset the spin counter, you will get a different set of modifiers on top of the 8th bonus reel – gold, adder, multiplier, expander, collector, extra spin or lucky streak.
Depending on your luck, you can either multiply your wins, get a random gold bag on the reels, collect your prizes or get another respin.
Once triggered, you can choose to collect your accumulated wins or gamble for the chance of doubling or even tripling them by guessing the colour of a playing card (red or black).
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
The game follows a six-reel structure, with a 7th horizontal reel and an 8th bonus reel revealed in the Gold Rush bonus feature.
The design of the symbols and backdrops is extremely polished and delivers a modern feel, challenged only by the vintage western tunes playing as you spin.
The game manages to create a balance between the gray industrial landscape in the background, suggested by the oil and pipes, and the golden symbols on the reels at the centre of the action.
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ RTP and Win Potential
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ proposes a theoretical RTP of 96.01%, which is fairly decent for any Megaways™ title. The maximum win you can obtain is 21,195x your stake – €423,900 or equivalent in other currency.
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ has a flexible betting range of £/$/€0.2 – £/$/€40, making it accessible for any player and mildly exciting for high rollers as well.
Paytable and Special Symbols
- Card Royals – 10, J, Q, K and Ace – Classic low-value symbols, revamped with a western touch, pay between 0.6x-1.25x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Donkey, lamp, helmet, oil baron – Pay between 1×5 – 50x your stake for a succession of 6 symbols
- Dynamite bundle – Wild symbol
- Oil rig – Scatter symbol
- Gold coin sack – Bonus symbol
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Lots of bonus features
- Free spins
- 7 modifiers
- 117,649 ways to win
- High maximum win
- Improved sequel
- High volatility
Black Gold 2 Megaways™ – Is It a Gold Mine or Not?
Our verdict is a yes. Black Gold 2 Megaways™ is definitely a well-crafted sequel to an already successful title, featuring an impressive number of modifiers and bonus options to keep players entertained. The design change from a canyon to an industrial area is also a nice touch, giving this title a darker feel that is reminiscent of NetEnt’s Dead or Alive 2. If you’d rather play something else, feel free to take a look at our Megaways™ slot list and take your pick!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Giants Fortune Megaways™
- Read also: Dazzle Me Megaways™
- Read also: Astro Newts Megaways™
- Read also: Aztec Pyramids Megaways™
- Read also: Joyful Joker Megaways™
You can bet as little as £/$/€0.2 per spin.
Yes – there is a 1x starting multiplier that increases with every winning cascade, with no upper limit set.
You can find it on Stakelogic’s official website for free or in demo version at our recommended casinos above. Otherwise, you can scroll up and find it right here on this page!
The maximum possible win is 21,195x your stake or €423,900.