Hot Chilliways Review
Hot Chilliways Details
|Number of ways
|6x3 – 6x7
Hot Chilliways is a video slot by Stakelogic, with features practically identical to the popular Megaways™ mechanic. In fact, although it has a 6×3 layout, the reels can expand when you land a Green or Red Chilli Wild, becoming a standard 6×7 and thus raising the winning ways from 729 to 117,649!
- The Top Hot Chilliways Casinos
- What Is Hot Chilliways?
- Facts & Ratings at a Glance
- Hot Chilliways Top Features
- Hot Chilliways RTP, Volatility, & Win Potential
- Hot Chilliways Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Hot Chilliways Mobile Play
- How To Play Hot Chilliways
- Hot Chilliways – Pros & Cons
- Hot Chilliways Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Hot Chilliways Review FAQs
The Top Hot Chilliways Casinos
- More than 100 Stakelogic titles
- Easy, no frills experience
- Super quick registration
- Play Stakelogic games here
- Great no frills experience
- Super quick registration
What Is Hot Chilliways?
Not to be confused with the famous Extra Chilli Megaways™ by Big Time Gaming, this spicy slot is played on a base with six reels and three rows that can expand into a 6×7 grid with up to 117,649 ways to win.
In fact, while this game isn’t a Megaways™ slot in the strictest sense of the word, it shares many features with our much-loved mechanic, including cascading reels, Bonus Buy, and a Free Spins with multipliers feature that can see you win up to 100x your stake!
As you will find in this Hot Chilliways Megaways™ slot review, though, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the slot has in store. You can get started today for as little as £/€/$0.20 per spin or even play the demo for free.
Facts & Ratings at a Glance
- Bets: £/€/$0.2-£/€/$8
- Ways of winning: 117,649
- Theme: Mexican
- Symbols: 9, 10, J, Q, K, A card suit symbols + Tomatoes, Corn on the Cob, Cactus, Sombrero, Calavera (decorated skull)
- Wild: Red Chilli and Green Chilli
- Scatter: FREE SPINS symbol
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
Hot Chilliways Top Features
This game has a really cool list of features that will keep you playing for hours! Let’s take a look.
Just like most Megaways™, the Hot Chilliways uses the Cascading Reels feature. As always, symbols that form part of a winning combination will be replaced by new ones without the need to spin again. In other words, this feature creates a chain reaction.
Red Chilli Wild Symbol
The Red Chilli symbol is one of the two Wild symbols in the game. In the base game, when it lands on a reel, it will unleash several features.
- The number of symbols on the reel it lands on will increase from three to seven. This also increases the number of winning ways, with a Red Chilli symbol on each reel simultaneously taking them up to 117,649.
- It then substitutes all the other symbols on the reel apart from the Scatter.
- It also comes with a 2x multiplier on every successive win until the reels reset.
Wild Green Chilli Symbol
Just like the red chilli, the green chilli increases the number of winning ways by splitting the three symbols on that reel into two, therefore becoming six. Once this happens, the symbol will act as a Wild until the reels are reset.
Free Spins Symbols
Are you ready to win up to 24 free spins? The ‘FREE SPINS’ symbol takes the role of the Scatter symbol in the game. Landing three, four, five, or six Scatter symbols will reward 12, 16, 20, or 24 free spins, respectively.
But there’s more! During the Free Spins feature, look out for the Red Chilli symbols, which come with a 2x to 100x multiplier on all winning combinations!
The Free Spins Gamble Feature
Before the Free Spins round begins, a Gamble option gives you a chance to land even more free spins. Depending on the outcome of the Gamble spin, you can obtain up to 30 free spins.
Working this is also super easy – all you have to do is press the ‘Spin’ button and hope the hand falls on the green section of the board.
- If it does, you move on to the next stage, where you can spin again in the hopes of winning even more free spins (up to 30).
- If it doesn’t, you’ll move down a stage, with the worst possible outcome being losing all your spins and being taken back to the base game.
Super Stake Feature
During the base game, you can also activate the Super Stake feature, which adds more Scatters to the reels, giving you better chances of triggering the Free Spins round. This feature costs 2x your stake per spin.
However, please note that this feature and the Bonus Buy feature below will not be available to players at United Kingdom Megaways™ casinos. This is due to a UKGC law that aims to curb excessive gambling.
Hot Chilliways also has the Bonus Buy feature, which gives you instant access to the Free Spins round and the Gamble feature. Keep in mind, though, that this costs 100x your stake.
Hot Chilliways RTP, Volatility, & Win Potential
The Hot Chilliways RTP is 96.01 %, which is within the industry’s average. On the brighter side, the maximum payout of this Stakelogic slot is capped at 30,000x, which is obviously fantastic. Plus, this game has medium-high volatility, so you can expect wins to be more evenly distributed in size and frequency.
Hot Chilliways Stakes & Betting Range
You can play this game for as little as £/€/$0.20, putting it on our list of low stake Megaways™. Meanwhile, in the base game, the maximum bet is capped at just £/€/$8 per spin, which is very low compared to all other titles in our Megaways™ slots list. But don’t let this fool you. This game is a great one for high rollers, too.
- You can quickly double your bet (so from a minimum of £/€/$0.40 to a maximum £/€/$16) by using the Super Stake feature.
- You also have the option of using the Bonus Buy Feature, which can cost you anywhere between £/€/$20 and £/€/$800.
In each case, we were delighted with the range of bets available, which should suit most pockets.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
When you launch the game, your screen is graced by an impressive Mexican theme, featuring spicy chillies and Day of the Dead skulls.
The gameplay takes place against a colourful and festive backdrop, complete with a soundtrack that takes Mexico’s iconic Música Ranchera and jazzes it up, creating an overall joyful experience. But this changes during the Free Spins feature that takes place out in the desert on a windy evening.
While the graphics and visuals are pretty standard, the vibrant gameplay makes the video slot one of our favourite releases this year.
Paytable & Special Symbols
The symbols here are Mexican-themed, although what’s truly great is the fact that there are so many fantastic special symbols. Let’s explore them together.
- At one end, we have the low-paying symbols, namely the 9, 10, J, Q, K, & A card suit symbols. The payouts of six of such symbols range between 0.7-0.9x your bet.
- At the other end, we have the high-paying symbols. These are the Tomatoes, Corn on the Cob, Cacti, Sombreros, and Calaveras (the skulls). Six such symbols pay anywhere between 1x-10x your wager.
Then we have the special symbols, discussed above. These include:
- Two Wild symbols, namely the Red Chilli and Green Chilli
- The FREE SPINS Scatter symbol
Hot Chilliways Mobile Play
Created using HTML5 technology, this game can be easily played on your mobile phone. In fact, the slot is compatible with practically all modern mobile devices, including those that run on Android and iOS systems. The Hot Chilliways’ features and graphics remain unchanged, regardless of your screen size.
How To Play Hot Chilliways
The gameplay is pretty straightforward since, once you launch the game, you only need to set your wager and get spinning. Nevertheless, we recommend starting with the demo version to get an idea of what to expect.
Hot Chilliways – Pros & Cons
- Rewarding bonus features
- 30,000x maximum payout
- Accommodative betting range
- 117,649 winning ways
- £/€/$8 max bet in the base game
- Very similar to other titles
Hot Chilliways Slot Verdict
Hot Chilliways is a recommendable slot if you are looking for a game that does not necessarily use the Megaways™ engine but still gives you boosted winning ways. We also have to admit that we love the Green and Red Chilli Wilds, and are still in awe of how generous the game can be with the free spins – up to 30!
So, yes, we’d certainly recommend checking it out!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Cludeo Mighty Ways
- Read also: Into the Wild Megaways™
- Read also: Piggy Bank Megaways™
- Read also: Gods of Asgard Megaways™
- Read also: Max Megaways™
- Read also: Disco Mania Megaways™
- Read also: 1 Million Fortunes Megaways™
- Read also: The Choice Is Yours Megaways™
Hot Chilliways Review FAQs
The Hot Chilliways has a 96.01% RTP.
Absolutely. When you land three, four, five, or six Scatter symbols, you will be awarded 12, 16, 20, or 24 free spins, respectively. There is also a Gamble feature, where you can win up to 30 free spins.
Not really, but it does share many features with the Megaways™ engine.