Dead Canary Slot Review + Free-Play Demo
Dead Canary Details
|Number of ways
|Up to 1,728 ways to win
|0.20 to 100/100
More slots by Nolimit City
Dead Canary is a mining-themed title from Nolimit City, offering six reels and an initial 36 ways to win layout. The more you play, the more rows you’ll unlock, until you reach a massive 1,728 ways to win. Confused? Don’t be — we’ll walk you through this highly-engaging game’s features and bonuses and help you figure it out with our Dead Canary demo.
Dead Canary Slot Overview
Dead Canary reunites us with our favourite Angry Dwarf from Nolimit City: expect to dig into some real action involving explosives, treasure, and the canaries that give this gold rush slot its name. The continuously increasing paylines make the gameplay more immersive than we usually find in our online slot reviews.
This sequel to the popular Misery Mining offers extremely high volatility that, combined with a 96.02% RTP and a max win of 65,000x, makes it very appealing to players with a big bankroll. The bet range is between 0.20 and 100, so there’s room for those who prefer lower stakes too.
Why is the slot called Dead Canary? Canaries were used by miners as a warning signal that the air is no longer safe. The slot’s graphics build on this theme, but the shifting board can be a bit confusing, so we suggest using our Dead Canary demo until you get used to it.
This is how the symbols work:
- Silver Cage and Gold Cage – These Scatter symbols start at 1x and give you multipliers, coins, upgrades, and the rat and the dwarf enhancer.
- Coins – Add their value to the Scatter upon collection.
- Bombs – Affect neighbouring symbols in an X-shape when they go off, reducing one hit point and unlocking vaults.
- Gas – Removes one hit point from all adjacent canaries.
- Angry Dwarf – Adds a hit point and can be collected by one Scatter.
- Rat – Can be collected with one Scatter and adds a hit point.
Dead Canary Features
Dead Canary uses the same mechanics and innovative features as Misery Mining, which give it a strong advantage over other new slot games.
- Wild Mining – This is triggered in the base game when you hit on three, four, or five of the same-paying symbols, which reward you with Wild Bomb explosions carrying a 1x multiplier each.
- Scatter Symbols – These can fall on any reel in the base game. When you hit three of a kind, you’ll get the Canary Free Spins. Be warned, though, that the Scatter can be blocked for a while if you land behind the barrier.
- xBomb Wild Multiplier – This symbol substitutes for any other symbols except the Scatters. All the symbols next to it (except for Scatters and other xBombs) explode in a cross pattern and give you a 1x multiplier.
- xBet – Increase your max bet by 40%.
- Canary Free Spins – The bonus mode is triggered with three Scatter symbols of any kind, changing the reel to a 4-3-4-3-4-3-4 format and locking the corner vaults. During this mode, you can collect coins and multipliers from the three positions adjacent to the Scatters.
- Nolimit Bonus – Pay 68x your bet to buy free spins, or 500x for the Golden Canary Free Spins. 284x gets you random Scatters.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
Immersive graphics and soundtrack; decent RTP and some really cool bonus features that can actually improve your payout considerably. What’s not to like about the Dead Canary slot?
Don’t be put off by the name, this title is a worthy follow-up to its predecessor. Even so, it is a good idea to play Dead Canary for free a couple of times before you jump into the real action; the changing reels and unique features may take some getting used to.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Starlight Christmas
- Phat Cats Megaways™
- Raiders of Fortune
- In the Rabbit Hole
- Gods vs Gigablox
- Christmas Plaza DoubleMax
- Merry Megaways™
- A Winter’s Tale
- Bigger Bass Blizzard – Christmas Catch
- Santa’s Stack Drop
- Revenge of the Mountain King