Phat Cats Megaways™ Review + Free-Play Demo
Phat Cats Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways
|0.20 – 50
Step into the world of Phat Cats Megaways™, a slot game by Kalamba which takes a charming twist as the entire cast of characters is composed of impeccably dressed felines, adding a touch of whimsy to your gaming experience! If cats in sleek suits catch your attention, join us as we unravel more layers of excitement in this high-volatility, 96.18% RTP game before you try out the Phat Cats Megaways™ demo.
Top Casinos To Play Phat Cats Megaways™
- Play Kalamba games here
- Exciting tournaments to check out
- Dedicated jackpots section
- Check out their Kalamba games
- Lucrative VIP section
- All in one sportsbook and casino
Phat Cats Megaways™ Overview
According to Kalamba Games, Phat Cats Megaways™ was inspired by the 1995 film Casino, but anyone expecting a straight tie-in might be surprised by the game starring a cast of anthropomorphised cats. That said, it distinguishes itself from many of the other cartoon animal games you'll have seen in our online slot reviews by taking its crime-movie trappings seriously.
The base game has a background of money on a green table — a gritty setting that's replaced with neon lights and upbeat music in the Free Spins round. Behind the ritzy theme, Phat Cats Megaways™ offers an RTP of 96.22% and high volatility, as well as a grid made up of six reels plus a seventh horizontal one.
The Megaways™ mechanic used in this game means that the number of symbols on each reel varies from two to seven, while the paylines can stretch all the way up to 200,704. You can choose stakes that range between 0.20 and 50, and the maximum you stand to win is 20,000x.
When it comes to symbols, the five low-value ones are themed around playing cards: 10, J, Q, K and A — all of which have the same value and pay between 0.05x (for three) and 0.20x (for six) your bet.
The five higher-value symbols depict cat characters, with the purple feline being the least valuable (worth between 0.10x and 0.75x). This is followed by the turquoise, green, and red characters, and finally the most valuable cat: the golden tiger, worth between 0.50x and 3x your stake. The gold tiger is also unusual in that you need to land only two of him to score a win, while the other character and card symbols require at least three.
Phat Cats Megaways™ Features
This game concentrates most of its appeal on its unusual set of symbols; in fact, it has a little more on offer… Here are some of the features you'll come across whether you play Phat Cats Megaways™ for free or for real money:
- Megaways™: While the number of reels stays constant (six), the amount of symbols per reel varies from two to seven. If you've played other Megaways™ slots, you will know the general idea.
- Free Spins: Land three or more ‘Bonus’ symbols to enter the free spins. This round includes a win multiplier: each new spin increases the multiplier by +1, and the current multiplier is applied to each win before being paid.
- Buy Bonus: For 149x your stake, you can jump straight into the Free Spins round, which contains a large number of Mystery symbols and will end when all of the Mysteries are gone.
Phat Cat Megaways™ features a whole raft of special symbols:
- The Bonus symbol functions as a Scatter: if you land three or more, you'll trigger the Free Spins bonus.
- The Coin symbols have random multipliers written on them; if you land them, you will receive a prize equal to the sum of all your coins multiplied by your bet value.
- The Mystery symbol shows a safe. Once it lands, a Mystery symbol will become a regular symbol or a Coin. Note that if a reel has a Mystery symbol, then its movements will slow down, with each spin nudging it down a space until it disappears.
- The Upgrade and Lock symbols appear only on the uppermost horizontal reel, and each will freeze the reel below on the next spin. The difference between the two is that Upgrade also adds an extra symbol to the reel below.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
Phat Cats Megaways™ is an unusual slot game because of its heavy use of special symbols. Wild and Scatter symbols are standard, granted; Mysteries and Multipliers are commonplace, but this game also throws in Locks and Upgrades, making for a unique line-up.
It's well worth a spin if you're looking for a slot title that's out of the ordinary. Our one caveat is that the theme is a little generic: it really should have given bigger roles to its Phat Cat characters.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Raiders of Fortune
- In the Rabbit Hole
- Gods vs Gigablox
- Christmas Plaza DoubleMax
- Merry Megaways™
- A Winter’s Tale
- Bigger Bass Blizzard – Christmas Catch
- Santa’s Stack Drop
- Revenge of the Mountain King
- Cash Truck Xmas Delivery
- Football Star
- Good Luck Clusterbuster
- Firekick! MultiMax
- Fruit Gemz Splitz
- Shadow Society