Bigger Bass Blizzard – Christmas Catch Review + Free-Play Demo
Bigger Bass Blizzard – Christmas Catch Details
|Software provider||Pragmatic Play|
|Number of ways||12|
|Stake Range||0.12 – 60|
Enjoy fishing? How about festive games? If both answers are yes, then the Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch demo is definitely for you, as the game combines both themes. Courtesy of Pragmatic Play, slots fans can reel in a title with high volatility, an RTP rate of up to 96.08%, and a max win potential of 4,000x your bet.
Best Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch Casinos
- Pragmatic Play slots available
- Tonnes of additional games to play
- All in one sportsbook and casino
Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch Overview
Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch is a Christmas-themed instalment in Pragmatic Play’s Big Bass Bonanza series, which includes the original Bigger Bass Bonanza, and Big Bass Bonanza Keeping it Reel. Many of these titles are included in our online slot reviews.
This game takes us into the world of ice fishing — a tricky pursuit in real life, but one which is made rather simple in this title, especially when you can do it from the comfort of your own home, away from the elements. And of course, while listening to the festive soundtrack and observing the seasonal trappings of animated snowflakes.
This Pragmatic Play game runs on high volatility and has a maximum RTP of 96.08%, which is slightly lower than the regular Bigger Bass Bonanza slot. Stakes here can be between 0.12 and 60, and you stand a chance of winning up to 4,000x your bet over a grid with four rows, five reels, and 12 paylines.
The five low-paying symbols are based on playing cards (10, J, Q, K, A) and all of them pay you between 0.5x and 10x for three to five in a line. Then we have the higher-value symbols that include the tackle-box, the lure, the rod, and the motorcycling fisherman. Five of the fisherman are worth an enormous 200x your bet, and he's also unique in that you can score by landing only two of him, albeit with a small value of 0.50x your bet.
Like the past Bass Bonanza games, you will also run into fish-money symbols that show monetary value (between 2x and 4,000x). The Scatter symbol, meanwhile, depicts a fish being hooked, and landing three or more of these will take you to the Free Spins round.
The final special symbol is the Wild, showing a photo of the fisherman with his catch; this appears in Free Spins rounds and substitutes all symbols except the Scatter. The Scatter is also used to collect the combined values of the fish-money symbols on the grid at the same time.
Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch Features
Whether you play Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch for free or for real money, you'll find that the special features are focused on the Free Spins element.
- Free Spins: Activating the free spins requires the game to drop three, four, or five Scatter symbols in view, which will award you 10, 15, or 20 free spins, respectively. Nevertheless, you can also win the free spins by landing two Scatters and having the game randomly triggering the onscreen hook, which awards you a third Scatter. This hook, which can appear randomly at the end of a spin, also has the potential to reveal Wild and fish-money symbols. If there are only one or two Wilds onscreen at the end of the Free Spins round, fish-money symbols can appear across random positions.
- Special Wilds: No matter how you access the Free Spins feature, the best part about it is the Wilds. On top of replacing other symbols, the Wild here collects the value of any fish-money symbols onscreen and adds it to your winnings. Moreover, the Wild itself is collectable, with the first four awarding you 10 free spins with a 2x fish-money multiplier, the second four awarding you a further 10 free spins with a 3x multiplier, and a further four getting you 10 more free spins with a 10x multiplier.
- Ante Bet: For 1.5x your bet per spin you can increase your chances of landing Scatter symbols and, therefore, triggering the free spins. However, be aware that this feature is not available in all jurisdictions.
- Buy Free Spins: Paying 100x your total bet will automatically land you the free spins. The number of Scatters you start with is random. Having said that, this feature will not be available to players of UK online casinos due to UKGC regulation.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
At its core, Bigger Bass Blizzard — Christmas Catch is not wildly different to the rest of the games in this series. However, if you’re new to it, then the title offers as good an opportunity as any to get on board: the betting range of 0.12 to 50 makes it a good title for players who enjoy low to medium rolling.
Do note that the wintery theme is the main selling point, and if you are not in the mood for such festivities, you might prefer to stick to the original Bigger Bass Bonanza.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Ugga Bugga
- John Hunter Slots
- Book of Ra Slots
- Football: 2022
- Thunderstruck Stormchaser
- Wonders of Christmas
- Tales of Silver Megaways™
- Christmas Gold Digger
- Big Bass Bonanza™
- Avalon Gold
- Wins of Winter
- Christmas Bonanza
- D10S Maradona
- Mega Fortune™
- Piles of Presents