88 Fortunes Megaways™ Review
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Details
|Software provider||Bally Technologies|
|Number of ways||117,649|
|Volatility||Medium to High|
|Reels Layout||6 Vertical Reels + 1 Horizontal Reel|
More slots by Bally Technologies
What Is 88 Fortunes Megaways™?
88 Fortunes Megaways™ is a video slot by Shuffle Master for Bally Technologies. As a Megaways™ slot, it comes with six reels that can accommodate up to six symbols each, as well as an additional horizontal reel that fits another four symbols. When the grid reaches maximum capacity, it gives players 117,649 Megaways™ to win.
The game itself is has an Asian theme, and is based on the much-loved 88 Fortunes video slot by the same makers. Nevertheless, this newer version comes with ample bonus features, including free spins with unlimited multipliers, as well as with cascading reels. With an RTP of 96.06% and medium-to-high volatility, the game can give players wins of up to €/£250,000.
- What Is 88 Fortunes Megaways™?
- Best Casinos To Play 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Online With Bonuses
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Key Facts
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Top Features
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable and Special Symbols
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Mobile Play
- How To Play 88 Fortunes Megaways™
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Slot – Final Verdict
Best Casinos To Play 88 Fortunes Megaways™ Online With Bonuses
- Bally games available here
- Great first deposit bonus
- UKGC & MGA Licensed
- Check out their Bally games
- Tonnes of great promotions
- Daily must drop jackpots
- Check out their Bally games
- Impressive slew of promotions
- LCB and Casinomeister accreditations
- Bally games available here
- Dedicated live casino section
- Great additional promotions
- Bally games to choose from
- Tonnes of great additional promotions
- Gigantic Jackpots to take part in
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Key Facts
- Bets: €0.08/£0.08 – €/£88
- Ways of Winning: 117,649 Megaways™
- Theme: Asian
- Symbols: 9, 10, J, Q, K, A classic card symbols + Pile of Ingots, Turtle, Jade Bird, Ship, Chinese Dollar, Pile of Gold Ingots, Gold Turtle, Gold Ship, Gold Bird, Fu Bat & Gong
- Wild: Fu Bat
- Scatter: Gong
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Top Features
As a Megaways™ slot, this game by Bally Technologies has all the features you’ve come to expect from such games – and more! Below we look at all the amazing features available in the 88 Fortunes Megaways™ slot.
Like the majority of Megaways™ slots in our list, this game has a special feature where symbols in a winning combination are replaced with new ones without the need for you to spin again. Known as cascading reels, this feature is standard within the Megaways™ catalogue of games, but since this can boost your winnings without costing you any extra coins, it’s always worth mentioning!
Symbols Per Play
A rather unusual feature in 88 Fortunes Megaways™ is the Symbols Per Play one, which basically allows you to choose how many gold symbols you’d like to play with in the base game. Your options are between one and five gold symbols, and the more you choose, the higher your betting range for that spin will be. When choosing one gold symbol, for example, the betting range is of between €/£0.08 and €/£8.00, while with five gold symbols, it’s between €/£0.88 and €/£88. To choose how many symbols you’d like to play with, choose your preferred option from the ‘Credits’ box to the right of the grid.
Free Spins With Unlimited Multipliers
Getting four, five, or six scatter symbols (the Gong), starting from the leftmost reel, will result in 10, 12, or 15 free spins. These free spins come with an unlimited multiplier that starts at 1x your bet and increases by 1x for every winning combination, as well as cascading reels. Landing a further three or more Gongs during the free spins feature will also win you an extra 8, 10, 12, or 15 free spins, while landing wild symbols (the Fu Bats) here may still trigger the Picker Feature, which we explore below.
Fu Bat Symbol & The Coin Pot
To understand the Picker Feature, we must first look at the wild symbol in the game, the Fu Bat. For a start, this symbol only lands in Reels 2 to 5, and it can replace all other symbols except the scatter. Whenever you land one or more Fu Bat symbols anywhere on the reels, you will notice some coins being added to the Coin Pot, which is located just above the grid.
The coins going into the Coin Pot don’t mean much, but they do mean that the system is actually giving you a random chance at having the Picker Feature triggered. When this is triggered is completely random, though making higher bets tends to give you better odds. But what happens when it is triggered?
When the Picker Feature is randomly triggered, the lid of the Coin Pot will magically close and you will be taken to different page where you will be shown 15 coins. Your job here is to pick three coins that correspond to the same amount of free spins: the prizes here are 10, 12, or 15 spins with a win multiplier of 6x, 4x, and 2x, respectively.
However, if the Picker Feature is triggered during Free Spins, you can receive 10, 12, or 15 spins with your then-current win multiplier, which may be much higher than the 6x in the base game.
88 Fortunes Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
If you’re going to play 88 Fortunes Megaways™ online, then it’s good to inform yourself about how the game’s mechanism works. The 88 Fortunes Megaways™ RTP is of 96.06%, which is pretty average for Megaways™ slots. This, coupled with the medium-to-high volatility of the game, gives you smaller but frequent wins, with the potential of some major jackpots – including 10,000x your stake up to €/£250,000.
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
As we explored above, the Symbols Per Pay feature means that how much you can stake depends on how many gold symbols you choose to have in each spin. The absolute minimum is €/£0.08, while the absolute maximum is €/£88.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
As is made evident from its name, 88 Fortunes Megaways™ runs on the Big Time Gaming-developed Megaways™ mechanism.
The gameplay is pretty seamless here, with a beautiful design and clearly designated buttons for all your needs. Indeed, the only thing we found a bit tricky to find during our 88 Fortunes Megaways™ slot review was how to turn off the sound, which can actually be done from the Systems button at the bottom of the window.
Paytable and Special Symbols
There are tons of symbols in this game, but that doesn’t have to make it confusing. The lowest-paying ones are the card suit symbols that range from 9 to A. Then you have the Pile of Ingots, the Turtle, the Ship, and the Jade Birds, all of which pay the same amount. These same four symbols can be found in a solid-gold version, along with a Chinese dollar. These pay different and higher amounts, but the more of these you are likely to land, the higher your stake has to be.
Finally, there is also the scatter symbol (which is the Gong), and the wild symbol (the Fu Bat), both of which have already been explored above.
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Mobile Play
88 Fortunes Megaways™ is a game that has been developed by well-known and respect providers. These providers are among the top in the industry, so you can rest assured that such a game will work seamlessly on all devices, be they a desktop computer, a laptop, or a smartphone or tablet. Indeed, we tried the game out on both iPhones and Android phones, and it worked seamlessly.
If you’re wondering where you can play 88 Fortunes Megaways™ on mobile, then you’ll be happy to know that all the casinos mentioned on this page have websites that automatically adapt to any screen!
How To Play 88 Fortunes Megaways™
Ready to play 88 Fortunes Megaways™ online? Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Head to one of our legal and licensed 88 Fortunes Megaways™ casinos in our top list. Once there, sign up to play for real money, and don’t forget to claim your bonus if you wish to do so.
- Step 2: Go to the 88 Fortunes Megaways™ page and load the game – this should work well on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Step 3: Choose how many gold symbols you’d like to have for your spin from the ‘Credits’ widget to the right of the grid. The more symbols, the higher your stake per spin will have to be.
- Step 4: Select your stake through the ‘Total Bet’ widget at the bottom of the window. Remember that whichever amount you choose is for each and every spin, so do keep your budget in mind.
- Step 5: Once done, hit the Spin button.
Note: If you don’t feel like manually pressing the Spin button every couple of seconds, then the game has a great auto-play feature. To set it up, click on the Auto-spin button and choose the number of auto spins you’d like it to play for you (10, 50, 100, or 200). If you’d like to choose your loss and single-win limit, then click on the tiny green arrow just underneath. When all is set, click on the green Start button. To stop auto-spins, you’ll need to click the Auto-spin button again.
88 Fortunes Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Fun Asian theme with beautiful graphics
- Great bonus features
- Accepts both small and large bets
- Max win is capped (though at €/£250,000, it’s still amazing)
- Choosing both gold symbols & stakes can get confusing
- Soundtrack gets annoying (but can be switched off)
88 Fortunes Megaways™ Slot – Final Verdict
While we have played many Megaways™ slots with better-executed themes, 88 Fortunes Megaways™ remains loyal to the much-loved original and adds more hype thanks to the many bonus features available. We love this game and believe you will, too!
88 Fortunes Megaways™ is a Megaways™ video slot developed by Bally Technologies that is based on the iconic video slot. The Megaways™ version has an abundance of bonus features and a max win of €/£250,000.
On top of cascading reels, the 88 Fortunes Megaways™ slot allows users to choose how many gold symbols to have in each spin, free spins with unlimited multipliers, and a bonus game that awards additional free spins with multipliers.
Yes, anyone who plays the game can get free spins, either by landing three of more Scatter symbols (the Gong) or else by the randomly triggered Picker Feature.
Yes! In fact, you can try out the 88 Fortunes Megaways™ demo on this very page. Moreover, practically all casinos that carry that game allow 88 Fortunes Megaways™ free play.