Top Profitable Slot Sites to Put on Your Radar in 2023
Slot sites are online platforms where gamblers can play their favourite slot games for free or for real money.
- Best Slot Sites Worldwide in 2023
- Slot Sites Explained
- How to Choose the Right Slot Site
- Top Slots to Play at Slot Sites
- Player Safety at Online Slot Sites
- Slot Sites Software Providers
- How to Win More on Online Slot Sites
- New Slot Sites in 2023
- New Slot Sites in 2023
- Why Sign Up to Slot Sites?
- Slot Sites – Mobile and Free Play
- Slot Sites Summary
- Best Slot Sites FAQs
Best Slot Sites Worldwide in 2023
Slot Sites Explained
When we say slot sites, most of us picture our favourite online casino – and we wouldn’t be entirely wrong to do so. However, the term “slot sites” can broadly refer to any of the following:
- Websites that provide access to slots for free – Examples would be Gaminator or FreeSlots.com, social casinos with a library of classic slots that anyone can play for free.
- Centralised platforms belonging to a single entity – These would be local or international online casinos, such as PartyCasino or 888casino.
- Decentralised platforms or blockchain slot sites – Here we are referring to casinos that either use blockchain technology to ensure fair odds for their slots or operators that accept cryptocurrency for gambling – e.g. BitCasino.io, mBitCasino.
What you need to know is that, depending on the type of slot site you choose, you may need to pass a registration process that often involves disclosing personal information. This is also known as a Know Your Customer (KYC) check.
In almost all cases, local and international casinos have to do these checks on their potential customers due to regulations and to verify they are of legal gambling age.
Some blockchain slot sites and other platforms that offer free play may allow you to try their games anonymously. For example, websites such as FreeSlots.com require absolutely no identity checks, and you even get a fixed number of demo credits to play with.
How to Choose the Right Slot Site
Choosing the right slot site is always a matter of preference, and often depends on what type of player you are (privacy-seeking, casual, high roller). Your budget and goals can also help you determine which online slot sites will best fit your needs.
Some other objective criteria you can look into are:
Ideally, a quality platform should have at least a few hundred slot games to choose from, available to play for free or for real money and which cover a wide range of themes, such as adventure, safari, TV, music, pop culture, Vegas, mythology and so on.
Your best bet is to always go for an operator that specialises in slots or makes them a central part of the offer. Such is the case with casino operators like VideoSlots, where you can find over 4,000 slots to choose from.
Moreover, your casino or platform of choice should offer the most popular slot types – 3-reel, 5-reel, progressive jackpot slots, Megaways, multiline, etc. It’s also important for the offer to be updated weekly or monthly with the newest titles.
Win Potential and RTP
A good way to gauge if a slot site is profitable is to look into aspects such as:
To make things easier to understand, here’s a practical example with one of the best slot sites in the UK, PlayOJO:
As you can see from the image above, the total games payout for PlayOJO casino is over €100 million. And, after digging a little deeper, we could see that slots represented a large chunk of this amount, followed by smaller percentages for table games and card games.
This, coupled with the fact that Wolf Gold, a progressive jackpot slot, is the highest-paying game, tells us PlayOJO is one of the best slot sites for winning and a profitable choice for slots fans in general.
This is an easy assessment tool that you can use on any slot site out there.
Safe Payment Methods
For top slot sites, the safety of player funds is always a priority. That is why you’ll see them integrate only with globally recognised payment processors and offer additional security measures (e.g. 2-factor authentication, touch ID).
The best slot sites should offer you multiple deposit and withdrawal options, such as:
- Traditional payment methods – Bank cards such as VISA/Mastercard/Maestro, internet banking, wire transfer).
- Modern payment methods – Casino e-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, NETELLER) and cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Monero, Dash, Ethereum, Litecoin).
Receiving regular slot bonuses is important, especially for new players but also for veterans. The best slot sites always make sure to offer at least one of the following:
- No wagering free spins – These should be available for the most popular slots (such as Book of Dead or Starburst), as part of the welcome package or on a weekly basis.
- First deposit bonuses – New slot sites usually prefer to match your initial deposit, but you can also find casinos willing to give you up to 200% bonus on your first deposit.
- Individual slot bonuses – One of the most sought-after bonus types out there, especially for fans of new slot launches, these bonuses are used as promotional tools to attract more foot traffic to a certain title, often in the form of free spins or cashback offers.
- VIP privileges – Even if your chosen slot site doesn’t have a VIP programme, it should still have a loyalty scheme in place that rewards regulars with privileges such as higher deposit limits, instant withdrawals or cash bonuses.
Because the number of mobile users is expected to rise to 3.8 billion in 2021, another strong argument to choosing one slot site over the other is how mobile-friendly it is.
If you enjoy playing on the go, look out for slot sites that offer:
- A great selection of mobile slots – For instance, Starburst, Shining Crown or Burning Hot are great for mobile as they play well on a small screen, and any reputable mobile casino should stock them.
- A mobile optimised platform – In 2023, it’s a no-brainer that a large chunk of potential customers will access online casinos from a mobile device the first time they visit. Hence, the best slot sites are optimised by default.
- Dedicated mobile apps – UK slot sites such as 888casino and Casino.com are already ahead of the curve, catering to both iOS and Android users.
- Safe mobile pay options – If you mostly play on your phone, look for slot sites integrated with Google Pay, Apple Pay, Boku or Siru so you can deposit, withdraw and play on a single device.
Many bonuses sound good on paper, but it’s actually the terms and conditions that determine how advantageous they truly are.
What is important to remember, especially if you’re a new player, is that terms and conditions attached to various bonuses should always be transparent, easy to understand and fair.
They should also be designed to profit both the player and the casino, not just the latter.
The two most common terms and conditions to pay attention to at most slot sites are:
- Wagering or rollover requirements – Most welcome bonuses or first deposit bonuses come with wagering requirements, meaning that you have to bet the bonus amount a certain amount of times before you can withdraw. For example, if the bonus is “100% up to £100” and has a wagering requirement of 25x, you have to bet the bonus amount 25 times before you can convert it into actual money. A good ratio should be between 10x to 25x – the higher this requirement is, the harder it is to meet and, consequently, the bonus is less attractive.
- Payment method eligibility for various bonuses – Another important aspect to keep in mind is that you can meet all eligibility criteria for a bonus but, if you didn’t read the fine print first, you can be unpleasantly surprised to find out your chosen deposit method is not included in the offer (usually it’s the case of e-wallets).
Top Slots to Play at Slot Sites
After you've figured out how to choose the right slot site and what you can expect in terms of bonuses and perks, you may be wondering what slots you should choose as a first-time player.
Here are some high-quality, profitable slot picks in 2023:
#1 Razor Shark
If you’re a fan of maritime slots and love the idea of diving into the depths of the ocean in search of hidden treasures, then you can't go wrong with Razor Shark. Developed by Push Gaming, with a classic structure of 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 fixed paylines, this slot offers a nice payout of up to €50,000, as well as a free spins round with multipliers. You can bet as little as €0.10 up to €100 per spin; however, be mindful this is a highly volatile slot. The RTP score of 96.70% is above average, making it a hugely profitable title.
#2 Piggy Riches
Everyone likes the sight and especially the sound of a full piggy bank. Drawing on this theme, NetEnt released Piggy Riches on the 5th of September 2010, a medium variance, 5-reel, 3-row slot with a great win potential. Featuring special symbols evocative of wealth, with golden coins or cash spread across 15 paylines, the slot will reward you with a maximum win of up to 2000x your stake. Anyone can go from rags to riches, since the betting range is very flexible – €0.01 to €0.5 per spin.
If you’re intrigued by space ships and alien creatures, you’ll definitely love Play'n Go’s slot, Reactoonz. Playable across all devices, this 2018 release has an explosive RTP of 96% and a high level of volatility. What makes it particularly interesting is its 7×7 grid structure and the cluster pays for 5 symbols of the same type (or, in our case, 5 aliens of the same race). Your wins can get even bigger depending on the size of the cluster, and the Wild symbols and multipliers add to the excitement every round. The maximum jackpot you can win is 91,406 coins.
Player Safety at Online Slot Sites
Both new and experienced players are always concerned with how the casino keeps their information and funds safe. It’s a growing concern in an ever-connected virtual world where more and more services require us to trust them with our personal details.
The best slot sites will usually have the following safeguards in place:
- Data confidentiality – Before you sign up, you should be presented with a clear picture of how your personal data gets used, and be guaranteed that it doesn’t get sent to any third parties without your consent. If you’re in the EU, for example, the slot sites you play at should be GDPR compliant (General Data Protection Regulation).
- SSL certificates and firewall – It goes without saying that quality slot sites make sure to encrypt any sensitive information you share to avoid cyber attacks. You can manually check what kind of SSL certificate a platform has by using a tool such as SSL Shopper.
- Licensing – Slot sites can be licensed by various regulators, depending on the jurisdiction they operate in. Some trustworthy names to look for are the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commission or the Curaçao Gaming Commission. Always check if the slots site you want to register on has a valid licence and isn’t on any government blacklist.
Another final aspect that not many people would think to include in the player safety category is actually customer support. In actual fact, the latter can determine how much a casino actually cares about its players, beyond the clever marketing, flashy images or colourful banners on the platform.
A reputable slot site should have responsive customer service, preferably 24/7, that can be contacted through multiple channels and be ready to assist players in real time, especially if they have an emergency regarding their funds or account.
A great idea before signing up on a slots site is to actually test this system out. You can send an email, open a live-chat detailing a common, fictional player problem and gauge the response rate, which should range between 24-48 hours for email or live chat.
Slot Sites Software Providers
When it comes to registering on a new slots site, it’s important to check the list of software providers whose products that particular operator supports. The software offered will reflect the quality of the player experience, along with the potential payout rates.
Our general advice is to always stick to market leaders if you want to get the best out of your gaming session and enjoy fair odds every time.
For example, software providers like Bally, Cryptologic and IGT are frontrunners in the industry, having been around for decades and played a huge role in innovating the slots and game mechanics we have today.
If you’re a fan of classic, Vegas-style slots featuring fruit symbols, bells and 7s, your best bet is to find slot sites powered by EGT Interactive or Novomatic. Both companies are known for consistently delivering high-quality classic slots like Burning Hot, Shining Crown, Lucky Lady’s Charm Deluxe, Dolphin’s Pearl and many others.
Last but not least, if you’re after explosive jackpots, then you should look into slot sites that offer titles from providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech or Wazdan. These providers tend to focus a lot on high-paying slots like Mega Fortune, Mega Moolah or Age of the Gods™, and even have turned players into millionaires.
How to Win More on Online Slot Sites
As much as we’d like to state otherwise, there is no guaranteed way of winning every single round on a game, even if you join the best slot sites. However, you can take advantage of the many perks the operators offer to boost your chances, such as:
- Slot tournaments with big prize pools – Big operators like to organise slot tournaments on a weekly or monthly basis, and they are a great way of gaining access to million dollar prizes and enjoy some friendly competition at the same time.
- Huge jackpots – Operators such as MansionCasino and PartyCasino, for instance, are known for offering above average jackpots that you can take advantage of weekly or even hourly.
- Free sign-up bonus – If you’re a beginner looking to venture into the wonderful world of casino games, our best advice is to look for new slot sites with a free sign-up bonus that consists of a cash prize or free spins that you can claim immediately, without any wagering requirements (e.g. 888casino, one of the best new slot sites in the UK, currently offers £88 without deposit to all new users).
New Slot Sites in 2023
If you’re looking to stay up to speed with the best new slot sites in 2023, we’ve scoured the market for you and identified some up-and-coming operators that deserve your attention:
New Slot Sites in 2023
Why Play at a New Slot Site?
Are there any benefits to choosing the new players in town, as opposed to the world-class operators who have been around forever?
Well, you may be surprised to hear that there are quite a few advantages to choosing a new slot site:
- Better promotions for new players – Sometimes, market leaders tend to slack off once they have a solid player base. Meanwhile, new operators will always try harder to attract newcomers, especially at the beginning. That is why it’s common to find better promotions at new slot sites, including a more consistent welcome package, free spins or various promo codes to use.
- Greater focus on innovation and improved tech – New slot sites are always dedicated to bringing fresh experiences to their players, whether that’s through VR games, 4k live casino streaming or even by offering social slots that encourage interactivity and gambling for fun.
- A frequently updated games library – If you’re eager to be the first to spin the reels on the latest launches from your favourite game providers, you have a better chance of finding them at new slot sites.
Why Sign Up to Slot Sites?
There are many strong arguments to signing up on slot sites.
Whether you like to play for fun or for actual monetary gain, slot sites are a great way of connecting you with your favorite title in one click, from any device. You can spin the reels at home or on the go – all you need is internet connectivity.
Another reason to consider signing up to a slot site is the access to exclusive promotions and bonuses. Many of them can be claimed for free, without having to make a deposit. Who wouldn’t want to enjoy a few rounds on the casino itself?
Lastly, slot sites are great for building communities, as they encourage interaction with other players via live game rooms or chat.
Slot Sites – Mobile and Free Play
If you’re looking for the best mobile slot sites, you have two options you can go for:
- Established operators – These usually offer mobile apps, a fully functional mobile platform or a large variety of slots that play well on mobile – e.g. Unibet, Mr Green, Genesis, MansionCasino, and Paddy Power.
- New operators – Don’t discount new operators just because they haven’t been around for too long. There are many who offer outstanding, competitive mobile platforms or apps (e.g. mr. play, PlayOJO, and Casimba).
If you’re only looking to play for fun, there are plenty of alternatives that involve no risk:
- Free slot sites without registration – These types of websites allow you to play the newest slots for free, either anonymously in your browser or by downloading a mobile app. They also offer very wide selections of games, ranging from 30 to over 9,000 (e.g. Freeslots.com, Penny-slot-machines.com). You can also find many secure apps on Google Play that give you instant access to millions of titles (e.g. Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino slots, Caesars Casino app, etc.).
- Free slot sites with registration – If you’re comfortable disclosing personal information such as your name, address or phone number, you’ll be pleased to know most large casinos allow you to play the demo version of popular slots like Mega Moolah or Book of Dead. Some even offer you free credit or a fixed number of free spins to start off with.
Slot Sites Summary
Slot sites are a great way to enjoy slot games in a safe environment for free or to earn cash prizes.
If you’re looking to play for fun, many websites offer free credit to play with, mobile apps that you can download, or instant browser play for hundreds of slot titles.
If you want to win big, online casino operators are ready to welcome you with progressive jackpots, frequent promotions and VIP programmes.
Finally, for players who seek to stay connected with the latest developments in the iGaming industry, new slot sites are a fantastic choice. With improved technology and innovative titles (blockchain games, VR games, social games etc.), these newcomers are always ready to take your gambling experience to the next level.
Best Slot Sites FAQs
Yes, free play on all devices is available on multiple slot sites and online casino platforms (e.g. FreeSlots.com, Hollywood Casino, Twin Casino, etc.).
Generally, you have higher chances of making big bank if you sign up on slot sites with high jackpots, such as MansionCasino, JackpotCity, Dream Vegas or Royal Panda.
If you’re looking for localised experiences, payment methods and native dealers, your local slot site can be a great choice. However, international casinos offer higher jackpot values and more substantial bonuses.
Yes. Most slot sites are mobile-optimised or offer dedicated mobile apps you can easily find on App Store or Google Play.
The most popular ones are no deposit bonuses, first deposit bonuses, free spins at registration, loyalty points or refer-a-friend bonuses.
The most important aspect to check is always licensing information. Most online casinos display their licence number and the name of the regulator (e.g. Malta Gaming Authority) in the footer section on the site's homepage.
Not always. Some websites, such as FreeSlots.com, allow you to play without having to verify your identity. However, this comes with restrictions (access to a limited number of slots, no possibility to cash out winnings, a small bonus credit to play with, and others).
888casino, LeoVegas, Pink Casino and 21.co.uk are just some examples of slot sites that currently offer no deposit bonuses (free spins or cash).
It depends. Some casinos explicitly state which slot or slots you can use the free spins on, whilst others allow you to use it on any title in their catalogue.
If they are licensed, regulated and are supported by audited software providers, then yes. In this case, they are obliged to disclose the RTP rates for their every slot.
Yes. Many players have won millions on very small bets of only a few cents or pennies. If you’re looking to win big, progressive jackpot slots are the way to go.
Starburst, Mega Moolah, Book of Dead, Book of Ra and Gonzo’s Quest are some of the most played titles worldwide.
Yes. New slot sites are at the forefront of innovation. They are an inspired choice for gamblers who want access to substantial promotions, state-of-the-art platforms and new game types.
If you play with real money, yes. However, if you use demo credits, you can’t transform your winnings into actual money until you make a deposit.