Best Amex Casinos 2022: Online Casinos with American Express
American Express is a world leading provider of charge and credit cards used globally by millions of people. While still accepted at some casinos around the world, American Express is no longer an accepted payment method at UK casinos, and you'll also find very few AMEX casinos due to their restrictions on gambling.
Top Alternative AMEX Casinos Accepting Debit Cards
100% Up to €100 on First Deposit
Spinia Review Play
What is AMEX?
American Express, also commonly known as AMEX, is one of the biggest banking institutions in the world and is famous for premium credit cards. Featuring high levels of security and immense convenience, AMEX is widely accepted around the world. Using American Express at AMEX casinos allow players to safely deposit and withdraw funds in mere minutes, so you can play online slots, or live dealer games, before you know it!
However, you’ll find AMEX casinos are very few and far between because representatives of the company have stated that American Express rejects any gambling purchases. But don’t worry as there is still the option to use a normal VISA and Mastercard debit card.
How Does AMEX Work?
To understand how AMEX cards work you’ll have to understand that there are a few card options. AMEX offer both credit and charge cards that have their own benefits and drawbacks. The American Express Classic cards are Charge Cards which mean that the money you spend is due in full at the end of each month.
Charge Cards don’t have a specified credit limit and allow you to charge as much as American Express will allow you. Since you have to pay the full amount each month, there are no interest charges. You will have to pay an annual fee though.
Alternatively, American Express credit cards offer designated line of credit that you will need to pay back later. AMEX credit cards do not need to be paid back in full each month but you’ll be charged interest on whatever you fail to pay off each month.
How to Deposit at AMEX Online Casinos?
It takes only a few minutes to make an online casino American Express deposit at your favourite online casino operator. Not only is it fast, but the whole process is simple and secure.
- Simply go to the cashier section of your chosen AMEX casino operator after registering an account.
- Select AMEX from the casinos list of deposit methods. It shouldn’t be hard to find – Just look for the famous AMEX logo!
- Enter the required details provided by your casino operator. You’ll be entering your card details and a deposit amount. Make sure to meet the minimum deposit requirement of the casino and proceed. Have your phone handy because AMEX’s Two-Factor Authentication procedure will send you a code to confirm the payment.
- Go forth and play your favourite casino games! Your funds should be instantly available in your casino account.
How to Withdraw at AMEX Online Casinos?
American Express users benefit from being able to withdraw funds just as easily as making a deposit. The withdrawal process is just as simple as the deposit process and you’ll be able to enjoy your winnings as quickly as possible.
- Once again navigate your way to the cashier section of your chosen American Express casino operator. In this section you’ll see your casino balance. Remember you can only withdraw funds from your real money balance and not from any active bonuses.
- Select AMEX as your withdrawal method and make sure that your card information match that of your deposit method. Making a withdrawal with the same card as your deposit method guarantees that your funds are protected.
- Choose your withdrawal amount. Online casino American Express players will face withdrawal limitations such as a minimum and maximum withdrawal amount. Keep this in mind when you select how much you wish to withdraw.
- Wait for your funds. While withdrawals are approved quickly, it may take up to 5 days to see the funds on your card due to bank processing procedures.
Are There Any Fees and Limits at AMEX Casinos?
Fees for depositing with AMEX vary between each AMEX online casino operator. While most casino operators will absorb the merchant transaction cost, others may deduct up to 10% from your deposit amount to cover their costs.
There are some limitations of playing at AMEX casinos. American Express is not available as a payment method at every casino operator and some AMEX cards will not be expected. There are many AMEX cards available and you’ll need to make sure your chosen casino accepts your AMEX card. You’ll also find some casino operators still do not accept AMEX for withdrawals. If that is the case, you’ll need to choose a different method.
A few online casinos place limitations on the maximum amount you can deposit with an AMEX card. Those deposit limits may affect your American Express Membership Reward points too.
How to Use American Express Gift Card Online?
Much like VISA and MasterCard, American Express offer a prepaid payment option for online casino players. A prepaid American Express gift card can be used the same way you would use a standard AMEX credit card. Make a deposit by navigating to the cashier section of a casino accepting AMEX and deposit using the same method as a regular AMEX card.
Using an AMEX gift card is a great idea if you want an extra layer of privacy security. You can purchase and use an AMEX gift card without revealing any personal banking information. You’ll also benefit from a self-imposed spending limit since you cannot deposit more than you have preloaded on the AMEX gift card.
The American Express Membership Rewards program is one of the most well-known and is completely limitless! The rewards program is easy to use and points are earned on almost every single transaction on your card. The points never expire, can be earned without any limitation, and can be redeemed and spent on almost anything.
AMEX users also benefit from global discounts at selected hotels, airlines, and other experiences. However, the program is only available on selected American Express cards. If you want to take advantage of the American Express Membership Rewards program, you’ll need to make sure you pick the right card.
Casinos that Accept American Express
Since April 2020, it has become difficult to find online casinos that accept American Express as a deposit and withdrawal method. The UK Gambling Commission, following a review of online gambling, has applied a ban on the use of credit cards at gambling businesses in Great Britain.
The ban applies to both online and offline gambling products with the aim of minimising the risk of consumers gambling money that they do not have. We always recommend following the best practices of responsible gambling, playing within your means, and always playing safely.
What are the AMEX benefits?
American Express users benefit from a range of security features, card types to match every player type, and an expansive membership rewards program. To keep things simple for you we’ve compiled the best benefits and disadvantages of using AMEX at American Express casinos.
Pros and Cons of using AMEX?
- Comprehensive and easy to earn Rewards program
- Fantastic security and safety measures
- Lightning-Fast Deposits at American Express Casinos
- Charge Cards are ideal for high-rollers
- Deposit and withdrawal limitations at American Express Casinos
- AMEX card may have annual fees and operators may deduct merchant fee from deposits
- Not as accepted as other major credit card providers
- No longer accepted in the UK
- Higher fees than other major competitors
AMEX Safety and Security
American Express leverages Two-Factor Authentication technology with the American Express SafeKey service. SafeKey is an anti-fraud measure that checks each and every one of your transactions against a serious of data points, ensuring a secure experience online. SafeKey will request a One Time Code (OTC) from you when performing an AMEX transaction.
American Express look after their users by protecting accounts from unauthorised usage. If the AMEX security system detects fraudulent or suspicious activity, the system will automatically implement an appropriate security measure including time-outs, blackouts, or confirmation emails.
American Express are a fantastic credit and charge card payment method but understandably it may not be the best option for you. Since your payment method needs to match your needs, here some alternative deposit methods to making online casino AMEX deposits and withdrawals at online casino operators.
VISA and MasterCard
Visa and Mastercard are two of the most well-known banking methods available to online casino players. Both institutions cooperated with tens of thousands of banks around the globe and are the most widely accepted payment method by online casinos.
Credit cards, prepaid cards, and debit cards are the most commonly used payment types offered by Visa and Mastercard. Both Visa and Mastercard offer great security and are the most accepted payment method for the highest casino bonuses! Deposits are free and instant but withdrawals are one of the slower methods. Mastercard withdrawals are sometimes subject to a small fee.
E-wallet transactions are online payment providers that allow casino players to make both deposits and withdrawals without having to provide any banking details. Many e-Wallets allow you to simply store money so that you do not have to enter your personal banking information at online casinos. Others such as PayPal are linked to your bank account.
Enhanced security features such as high-level encryption and additional password protection are one of the main benefits of using an e-Wallet. Some major e-Wallet services such as Skrill and Neteller are often ineligible for casino bonuses due to casino safeguarding against online fraud and money laundering.
The latest addition to deposit and withdrawal methods, cryptocurrencies are growing as an accepted payment method at online crypto casinos. In fact, there are even dedicated crypto and bitcoin online casinos such as 7Bit Casino.
American Express is a globally renowned payment method with one of the best rewards programs of any financial service. Since April 2020, the UK Gambling Commission banned the use of credit cards at online gaming products as a reasonable gambling measure. While you may struggle to find an online casino accepting American Express, there are so many casinos accepting card payments.
AMEX Casinos FAQs
American Express is one of the largest providers of charge cards and credit cards in the world. AMEX users benefit from a globally renowned Rewards Program and multiple card options.
The AMEX Membership Rewards program is a comprehensive points-based rewards system that is available on select AMEX cards. Points can be earned on almost every transaction and will never expire.
It has become increasingly difficult to find casino that accept AMEX following the UK Gambling Commission decision to ban credit cards for gaming products. We have selected 10 of the best online casinos accepting card payments. We recommend Energy Casino, Betamo, and 7Bit Casino as three of the best online casinos that accept card payments.
Not only is AMEX safe but AMEX feature some of the highest levels of security of any payment service. Two-Factor Authentication ensures only you can use your AMEX card and the security system protects its users by detecting fraudulent and suspicious behaviour.
Visa and Mastercard are direct alternatives to AMEX as major debit, credit and prepaid card providers. Players can also use cryptocurrencies and e-wallets as another means to deposit and make withdrawals at online casinos.
- All You Ever Wanted to Know About American Style Roulette American roulette is one of the most popular roulette types worldwide, and is a staple of any modern online casino in [getYear]. [toc] [bookmakertablelist id="40670"] American Roulette Rules &...
- Hallmark Casino Review There is no shortage of online casinos, and it is quite difficult for newly launched casinos to get noticed amidst the crowd. However, Hallmark Casino seems to find a way...
- Best Casino Deposit Methods: Online Payment Guide Casino payment methods have come a long way, allowing for seamless gaming experiences and managing your bankroll with the push of a button. In this article, we'll go over...
Matthias is a freelance writer and digital content creator nomadically travelling the world and putting pen to paper at every free moment. A keen blackjack player, Matthias’ boundless casino knowledge comes from experience as a live online casino dealer, host and presenter.