Spread the Festive Cheer With Top Christmas Casino Promotions 2023
Ready to celebrate the most loved holiday of the year? Online casinos are also here to turn up the jolly with some tree-mendously good Christmas casino promotions. Grab some cashback, free spins or winter giveaways – just make sure there’s enough room under the Christmas tree!
- Top Online Casinos With the Best Christmas Bonus Offers 2023
- What Are Online Casino Christmas Promotions?
- Our Top Christmas Bonuses 2023
- Types of Christmas Online Casino Promotion Bonuses
- Christmas Bonuses Terms & Conditions Explained
- Christmas Bonuses vs Regular Offers
- Pros & Cons of Christmas Bonuses
- How To Claim Casino Christmas Bonuses
- Boxing Day Casino Bonuses & Promotions 2023
- New Year Casino Bonuses & Promotions 2023
- Online Casino Christmas Bonus Offers 2023 – Our Verdict
- Xmas Promotions FAQs
Top Online Casinos With the Best Christmas Bonus Offers 2023
What Are Online Casino Christmas Promotions?
Christmas casino promotions are seasonal bonus offers granted by online gambling sites to players during the winter holidays. Usually, online casinos start preparing these festive offers up to one month in advance, so customers have the chance to check them out, opt in if required, and make the necessary deposits or stakes.
Common casino Christmas promotions include advent calendars, flash offers with a festive theme (such as free spins at a Santa-themed slot), no deposit bonuses, giveaways, slots tournaments and raffles.
Who Can Claim Seasonal Offers?
As a general rule of thumb, online casinos like to spread the cheer to everyone during Christmastime. That means their seasonal rewards can be claimed by both new and existing players. What differs are the steps that you need to follow and the eligibility criteria.
For example, new players are likely to receive no deposit bonuses or free spins after verifying their account and making a minimum deposit. On the other hand, existing players may have to first achieve a certain status in the VIP club to redeem exclusive Christmas offers, like entry into a high roller tournament.
Our Top Christmas Bonuses 2023
Santa’s sleigh stopped our way and mountains of presents fell off! We’ve dusted them off, carefully untied the bow, and selected five of the very best Christmas casino bonus offers.
#1 Betamo – Winter Fortunes, Santa’s Gifts and Snowing Wins Tournaments
At Betamo Casino, you can participate in the Spinomenal Grand Holidays Tournament. This is practically a series of slots tournaments with a prize pool of €500,000, 19 rounds total and 140+ participating games. The rules of the competition stay the same all throughout.
For our Christmas-loving readers, you can partake in three winter tournaments:
- Winter Fortunes – from December 8 GMT 00:00 to December 14 GMT 00:00
- Santa’s Gifts – from December 15 GMT 00:00 to December 21 GMT 00:00
- Snowing Wins – from December 22 GMT 00:00 to December 28 GMT 00:00
The first tournament has a prize pool of €20,000 and 90 winners, whilst the last two have prize pools of €40,000 and a maximum of 100 winners.
To participate, you must spin at the eligible Christmas slots listed (e.g. Reindeer Rampage, Joker's Charms – Xmas). The minimum qualifying bet is €0.2. Each win will place you higher in the leaderboard, and it’s a score based on the win multiplier (if you bet €1 and win €10, you receive 10 points).
Prizes include real money and NFTs issued by Spinomenal. If two players have the same number of points, the one who achieved those points first will rank higher.Play at BetamoCasino
#2 Caxino – Double Speed on Progress Bar
As we mentioned previously in our article on gamification casinos, new gambling sites like to insert video game elements in their bonus structure, such as points scoring, leaderboards or progress bars. The same principle can be seen in Caxino’s new casino Christmas bonus.
This operator has a progress bar system that essentially rewards you for every bet you make on the platform. During promotional times, such as Christmas, your progress gets accelerated, which will help you level up faster and win extras, such as free spins. The Double Speed system is active particularly on new slot games, but you can also turn it on manually from your account, by visiting the ’My Rewards’ section.
Caxino just added an exclusive Christmas title from Inspired Gaming, Big Santa Fortune. If you spin at it until December 4, at 23:59 CET, you’ll benefit from double speed on your progress bar. This promotion can also be claimed on Caxino’s sister brands, Wildz and Wheelz.
To be eligible, you must make a minimum bet in real money of €0.20. Any wins made from free spins are subjected to Caxino’s usual wagering requirements – 35x.Play at Caxino Casino
#3 Omni Slots – Festive Countdown, Santa’s Showdown Tournament & X-Mas Cash Lottery
Omni Slots is one of the best online casinos to choose this Christmas season, reason being that it provides not one, but THREE exclusive offers for players!
- To start off, you can partake in the Festive countdown: if you are counting the hours until the big day, you can redeem a 30% bonus while you wait.All you have to do is make a qualifying deposit on 3 December 2022 – the minimum amount for the deposit and the maximum amount for the bonus will be specified when claiming, as there are differences depending on currency. You can claim this offer once, until 9 December 2022. Wagering requirements of 40x apply.
- In addition, Omni Slots organises a Christmas lottery between 1 December – 31 December 2022.There will be 30 winners total, who share a prize pool of €5,000 in cash and 1,500 free spins. To participate, you must collect raffle tickets: these are proportionate to your deposits made on a single day.
For example, if you deposit between €10-€100, you receive 1 ticket. The lottery draw will take place on 2 January 2022 and you need at least 22 lottery tickets to qualify.
The deposits need to be wagered at least one time to receive 1 ticket, but the cash prizes won have no wagering requirements. The winners will be contacted on e-mail once the draw is finalized.
- And, finally, if you’re still in the mood for a winter race, don’t miss out on Santa’s Showdown tournament.
This competition takes place between 19 December, at 10:00 CEST and 31 December 2022, at 23:59 CEST. The first 20 players in the leaderboard will share the €/$3,000 bonus money prize pool. To participate, you must opt in manually from the offer page. Then, make a minimum bet of €/$0.2 per spin at any of the eligible Christmas slots (e.g. Sweet Bonanza X-mas, A Christmas Carol slot etc.).
Play at Omni Slots Casino
#4 NetBet – Stocking Filler
This NetBet promotion has been active since 16 November and you can still claim it until 1 January 2023, at 00:59 CET. It can only be redeemed by existing customers who made at least one deposit after registration, and it’s also available to UK players.
Basically, all you have to do is verify what’s in your Christmas stocking every day: cash prizes, bonuses, NetPoints or free spins. If you win free spins, they are available for 7 days, and the list of eligible games will be displayed on the screen. Any wins made from free spins or bonus money come with a 40x wagering requirement. Cash prizes have no wagering requirements and can be withdrawn immediately.Play at NetBet Casino
Types of Christmas Online Casino Promotion Bonuses
Christmas online casino promotions have a few hallmarks, making them easily recognisable:
- They are decked in festive imagery, such as reindeers, snowflakes or mini-Santas.
- They can be claimed in a limited time window (sometimes only on Christmas Eve or during the entire month of December, if we’re talking about an advent calendar).
- They offer great value for a relatively small investment (online casinos only bring these promos once a year, so they typically want to make a splash with them).
Advent calendars a great way to be spoiled with a heap of Christmas offers every day of the winter season. Typically, they will be connected with festive symbols in some way: for example, you may need to click on a mystery present to uncover your reward. Depending on the online casino in question, extras may vary, including but not limited to cash rewards, Free Spins Bonuses, Welcome Casino bonuses and cashback offers.
Do keep in mind that a casino Christmas calendar may be reserved to existing players only. In other cases, to be eligible, you must make a minimum deposit. In addition, most extras you win come with time limits and wagering requirements: make sure you read the terms & conditions!
Christmas Casino Tournaments
There’s no better time to snuggle up by the fire with your laptop or tablet in hand and take part in some friendly competition, wouldn’t you agree? Luckily, Christmastime is rich in all sorts of tournaments and races. Some can be organised by the casino, whilst others are only hosted by the casino, but the prizes are awarded by software developers (e.g. Drops & Wins from Pragmatic Play, Grand Holidays Tournament from Spinomenal).
Tournaments are timeless player-favourites and, usually, during winter holidays, the barrier for entry is very small. All you need to do is make a small stake with real money (e.g. €0.2 – €0.5) at a number of eligible games, typically Christmas slots, and place as high as you can in the leaderboard. The prize pool will then be split between the winners.
Raffles, Giveaways and Lotteries
Christmas is also the perfect time for giving: that is why online casinos like to reward players for their loyalty throughout the year with raffles, prize draws or giveaways. The conditions to participate can vary: you may need to buy or win lottery tickets, play certain games or pay an entry fee. Prizes may include cash, trips to festive destinations like Lapland or Christmas markets, or even electronics (smart TVs, headphones etc.).
Christmas Bonuses Terms & Conditions Explained
We always advise our readers to carefully analyse the terms & conditions associated with any casino bonus: of course, Christmas offers are not exempt from this! Here are the main specifications you can find in the fine print and what they mean:
- Minimum Deposit/Bet – To be eligible for certain Christmas casino promotions, particularly free spins and welcome bonuses, you need to make a minimum deposit or place a minimum wager on a slot game.
- Promo Codes – Promotional or bonus codes are used extensively on Christmas, as well as other holidays like Halloween, Easter or St. Patrick’s Day. These codes need to be inserted in a specified field with your deposit, and they will unlock rewards like no deposit bonuses or extra spins. Bonus codes include the holidays in some way, the casino’s name or a string of special characters (e.g. UnibetXMasFr33Spins2022).
- Wagering Requirements – Aside from cash prizes, all of the other bonuses included in advent calendars or the general promo structure of the casino come with wagering requirements. These requirements can apply to bonus money or wins made via free spins. Some online casinos appeal to their fan base by lowering these requirements on Christmas to 20x or 15x.
- Time Limits – As limited time offers, Christmas casino promotions can only be redeemed during a specified daily, weekly, or monthly interval. In addition, once the bonus is triggered, it’ll also expire, so you need to fulfil the wagering in 7 days or less.
Christmas Bonuses vs Regular Offers
Some features of seasonal casino promotions overlap with regular casino bonuses, so we’ve compiled a table to help you figure out the similarities and differences for yourself:
|Christmas Casino Promotions||Regular Casino Bonuses|
|Can only be redeemed during the winter holidays||Available all year round|
|Because they’re in limited edition, they can be higher in value than regular bonuses||Higher-value bonuses are usually reserved for VIPs|
|Promo codes are used extensively||Promo codes may be used occasionally|
|Connected to Christmas symbols & imagery (Santa, snow, presents, cookies)||Accompanied by standard slot imagery (777, jokers, coins)|
|Available to both new and existing players||Available to both new and existing players|
|Come with wagering requirements & time limits||Come with wagering requirements & time limits|
|Eligible games are almost always Christmas slots||Eligible games may include multiple slot types (e.g. Pragmatic Play slots, Egyptian slots)|
|Common examples: advent calendars, free spins, giveaways, no deposit bonuses||Common examples: welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback, loyalty programmes|
Pros & Cons of Christmas Bonuses
Is it worth waiting all year to redeem the mighty Christmas bonus, or are you better off sticking to the usual offers? Let’s find out:
- Limited-edition offers are common (e.g. weekly giveaways, higher cashback)
- Usually accompanied by fun steps or missions (e.g. unwrap all Christmas presents)
- Some casinos lower the wagering requirements as a seasonal gift
- Only granted in the winter, during December or on Christmas Eve
- Some have stringent conditions
- It may be hard to place high in the leaderboard
How To Claim Casino Christmas Bonuses
Now that we’ve uncovered what casino Christmas promotions are and how they work, you’re probably wondering – how do I redeem them?
We’ve outlined a common list of steps that you may need to follow: do keep in mind that slight differences can be present, depending on the casino:
- Visit an online casino that offers Christmas bonuses (browse through our list above!)
- Register an account and complete the verification process.
- Make the minimum deposit required (no deposit bonuses excluded).
- Insert a promo code with your top-up (optional).
- Wait for confirmation from the customer support team.
Boxing Day Casino Bonuses & Promotions 2023
Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated on the second day of Christmas in Great Britain and in other countries that were part of the British Empire. As a result, these kinds of promos are typically only available on UK casinos. As of now, we haven’t found any Boxing Day bonus but, in 2021, Grosvernor Casinos had a cash prize draw just for the occasion!
New Year Casino Bonuses & Promotions 2023
Although the end of the year and, by extension, the start of January are slow in terms of sales for retail stores and other establishments, some online casinos are a happy exception. With a little digging around, you can find end-of-the-year slots tournaments or other promotions that give 2023 a proper send off, in a blaze of fireworks!
Online Casino Christmas Bonus Offers 2023 – Our Verdict
With Christmas just around the corner, our favourite gambling sites have already started preparing the best seasonal offers and slots. We’ve hand-picked a few from Santa’s heavy bag but, if you’ve been nice all year, plenty of other gifts are just a click away!
So, serve your hot chocolate with a side of joyful free spins, buy some tickets for the holiday raffle, lay back and enjoy! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Xmas Promotions FAQs
Christmas casino promotions are bonuses you get at Christmastime. These can come in various forms including free spins, Advent casino calendars, top-ups to welcome bonuses, raffles, slots tournaments, and more. They are usually Christmas-themed, too.
This depends entirely on the online casino of choice, but most of them run between 1st December and 1st January. Some casinos, however, kick these promotions off two weeks earlier, while others let them run well into January.
Some have wagering requirements and some don’t. You should always read the terms and conditions of the bonus or Christmas promotion in question before taking it up to avoid any nasty surprises.
Not at all! While some of these promotions are indeed targeted at new players, many are aimed at both. So don’t worry, you’ll always find a Christmas casino promotion that works for you.
Absolutely. As opposed to Halloween or Black Friday bonuses that are only available for one day, Christmas casino promotions can be claimed from November to January. In addition, during this season, casinos are more generous and even more creative than usual, so you can grab some unique extras!
It depends. Some online casinos may only grant you 5-10, whilst others can offer up to a hundred! It’s also common for the free spins to be carefully intertwined with Christmas, so you may find the hidden inside an oversized present or in a virtual stocking.