Voodoo Hex Review + Free-Play Demo
Voodoo Hex Details
|Peter & Sons
|Number of ways
|0.10 – 50
More slots by Peter & Sons
Voodoo Hex is certainly an unusual addition to the world of slot games, with its 3×3 grid and a total of just five paylines. Before you splash out your casino welcome bonus, you might like to try out the free Voodoo Hex slot demo — and we have just the guide to help you get to grips.
Voodoo Hex Overview
There is no doubt that these two teams have pulled out all the stops in creating an atmospheric experience themed around the Voodoo-Catholicism beliefs of New Orleans, USA. In fact, the game is designed to resemble a spread of tarot cards and is set to an appropriately jazzy-yet-eerie soundtrack that will certainly set the mood.
As a slot, Voodoo Hex is spread across a tight grid of three reels and three rows, which may seem antiquated to some, but actually works well in the game. It also comes with medium-to-high volatility and four RTP rates that depend on the jurisdiction you’re in. This can be of 86.1%, 90.5%, 94%, and 96.3%, with the latter being the most common.
The betting range goes from just 0.10 all the way 50, making it great for both low and high rollers.
Moreover, the game does away with the traditional card suit symbols and opts for some seriously creepy ones instead.
- The lower-paying symbols are depicted on tarot cards. From least to most valuable, they show a blue moon, a green evil eye, purple crossbones, and a red potion bottle.
- The higher-paying symbols show characters and objects. From least to most valuable, these are a Voodoo doll, a shrunken head, a snake, and a witchdoctor.
Finally, there are also three special symbols:
- The Yellow Potion-Bottle Wild, which replaces all other symbols in a winning combination;
- Coins, which give a prize immediately without being part of a payline; and
- The Skull Scatter, which will trigger the Free Spins round.
Speaking of free spins, let’s see what features the game comes with!
Voodoo Hex Features
As befits a game themed around magic, the Voodoo Hex demo and real-money slot showcase a range of special features that, alongside the medium-to-high volatility, help make the game rather unpredictable.
Here are the gameplay elements you can expect to run into:
- Mystery Stacks: These come into play if at least two reels are filled with the same symbols (not counting Wilds). This means that you will get a respin, where the triggering symbols are hidden behind Voodoo masks before transforming into another symbol when the masks disappear. This feature can also give you a multiplier.
- Free Spins Round: Surprisingly, you only need to land 1 scatter in the middle of the grid to randomly receive seven, nine, 12, or 15 free spins! Once you make it to this round, the background will change, and Mystery Stacks will become a lot more common. Needless to say, this is how you are most likely to win the elusive and coveted 9,400x-your-bet max win.
- Buy Bonus: Alternatively, you can also pay to head straight to Free Spins feature. The options here are for seven, 15, or a random number of free spins for the price of 52x-, 111x-, and 70x-your-stake per spin.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
Between the fetching theme and the novel set of features, this is a real winner from Peter & Sons. So much so, that we don’t even mind the tight grid and the low number of paylines, and we’re sure you won’t either if you try out the Voodoo Hex demo just above.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Zombie aPOPalypse MultiPop
- Hot Shots Megaways™
- The Lioness
- Guns N’ Roses
- Of Sabers and Monsters
- 9 Pots of Gold
- 4 Deals with the Devil