Thunderstruck II Review + Legal & Licenced Casino List for 2023
Thunderstruck II Details
|Number of ways||243|
|Stake Range||0.30 - 15|
Thunderstruck II is a sequel to Microgaming’s flagship mythological slot, Thunderstruck, and comes with improved graphics and two bonus features. Join Odin, Loki, Thor, and the Valkyries for the Norse adventure of a lifetime and be rewarded with free spins and fully wild reels!
- The Top 10 Thunderstruck II Casinos
- Background to Thunderstruck II
- Thunderstruck II Slot Overview
- Thunderstruck II Features
- Thunderstruck II RTP & Volatility
- Symbols & Paytable
- Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
- Stakes & Betting Range
- Thunderstruck II Mobile Play
- Thunderstruck II – Pros & Cons
- Our Thunderstruck II Slot Verdict
- FAQ section
The Top 10 Thunderstruck II Casinos
100% Bonus Up To €500 + 50 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
100% Bonus Up To €500 + 50 Free Spins
100% Bonus Up To €500 + 200 Free Spins
Wildz Casino Review Play
Background to Thunderstruck II
If you’re a veteran gambler, you may remember Microgaming’s Thunderstruck slot from 2003 – a huge hit that’s still one of the most popular online slots.
The Thunderstruck phenomenon was so powerful that Microgaming, along with its partner company, Stormcraft Studios, developed multiple remakes and sequels over the years, such as Thunderstruck II, Thunderstruck II Remastered, Thunderstruck II Mega Moolah, and Thunderstruck Wild Lightning.
Today, we’ll be tackling Thunderstruck II and delving into precisely why it stole players’ hearts with its bonus features, RTP, payout, theme, and more!
Thunderstruck II Slot Overview
Thunderstruck II is a video slot released in 2010 by Microgaming. Same as its predecessor, it features a Viking theme or, more precisely, a Norse-mythology theme, and it’s focused on popular otherworldly characters like Thor, Odin, Loki, and the Valkyries.
The sequel comes with multiple improvements in terms of visual quality, reel layout, and bonus features. It also has a modern structure of five reels, three rows, and 243 ways to win, as well as a high RTP score of 96.65%.
Players can trigger fully wild reels, four free spins features based on the Norse gods, increasing win multipliers, and a top payout of 8,000x your stake.
Thunderstruck II Features
If you are ready to conquer the mythical land of Asgard, Thunderstruck II will reward you with many bonus features.
There is a Wildstorm feature, which will cause multiple wild symbols to land on the reels. And, if you’re lucky enough to be blessed by the Norse gods, the bonus symbols may lead you into the Great Hall of Spins. Here, four different options await, with progressive win multipliers and extra wilds to help you bag some serious wins!
The Wildstorm feature can be randomly triggered in the base game on any paid spin. Once activated, it can turn up to five reels fully wild.
Thor himself will blast lightning across the reels as the transformation happens, making this feature even more striking and visually appealing.
If you can get the maximum number of five fully-wild reels, you’ll earn the game’s top payout of 8,000x your total bet – needless to say, however, this isn’t easy. Also, keep in mind that the free spins feature cannot be triggered while the Wildstorm feature is active.
Scatter Symbol Payouts
Players must land at least three Scatter symbols (Thor’s hammer, imprinted with the word ‘bonus’ on top) on the playing board to gain entrance into the Great Hall of Spins.
Depending on the number of triggering scatters, players can also win a cash prize as such:
- 2 scatters – 1x your stake
- 3 scatters – 2x your stake
- 4 scatters – 20x your stake
- 5 scatters – 200x your stake
The Great Hall of Spins
The Great Hall of Spins is a multi-level free spins bonus game based on four renowned figures from Norse mythology: the Valkyries, Loki, Odin, and Thor.
If you manage to gain consecutive entries into the Great Hall of Spins, even more features can be unlocked – your entries will be recorded and tracked with a progress bar.
Here’s what each of the four options can bring you:
- Valkyrie Free Spins – this free spins feature is based on Valkyrie, one of a tribe of female warriors who guide deceased Norse warriors to Valhalla. Available from the first trigger, it will reward you with 10 free spins with a 5x win multiplier. Because the feature can be re-triggered, you can earn up to 20 free spins. The maximum win you can acquire on each free spin is 1,383x your stake.
- Loki Free Spins – this one is based on the Norse God Loki, son of Farbauti and Laufey, often depicted as a shape-shifting trickster. Available from the fifth trigger, it’ll reward you with 15 free spins. During the Loki free spins, special wild magic symbols will appear on reel 3. When they fall, up to 15 regular symbols will transform into wild magic symbols. Furthermore, landing two, three, four, or five extra scatters will re-trigger one, two, three, or four free spins. The maximum win you can acquire on every free spin is 8,000x your stake.
- Odin Free Spins – the third Free Spins feature is based on Odin, the Norse God of war and death. Available from the 10th trigger, it rewards 20 free spins. It is also accompanied by the Wild Raven Feature – Odin’s ravens will randomly transform one or two regular icons into Wild symbols, and then, a x2 or a x3 multiplier will be added. In addition, if both Odin’s ravens land on the reels at once, a x6 multiplier is awarded. The maximum win you can unlock per free spin is 3,320x your stake.
- Thor Free Spins – the last Free Spins feature is based on Thor, Norse God of thunder and son of Odin. This feature will be triggered after you’ve entered the Great Hall of Spins 15 times. You’ll receive 25 free spins and benefit from the Rolling Reels feature (another name for the cascading reels feature in Megaways™ slots and works on the same principle of allowing new symbols to land in place of the ones that form part of a winning combo). Moreover, there will also be a multiplier trail in place, which means that each new cascade or ‘roll’ will increase the multiplier value, so Roll 1 equals a x1 multiplier, Roll 2, x2 multiplier and so on up to x5. The maximum win per spin for this bonus round is 1,383x your stake.
Thunderstruck II RTP & Volatility
Thunderstruck II has an above-average RTP score for real-money video slots: 96.65%.
Another positive aspect is the medium level of volatility. Coupled with the high RTP rate, it makes acquiring medium-sized wins fairly achievable and with a good frequency, too.
The maximum win is capped at 8,000x your stake.
Symbols & Paytable
Microgaming is known for its dedication to authenticity, when exploring mythological themes.
This can also be seen in Thunderstruck 2’s choice of special symbols, all of which depict places, objects, and characters significant to Norse myths, such as Valhalla and Thor’s Hammer:
The 9 to A card suit symbols are the low-value symbols, paying between 3.33x and 5x for five of a kind.
Then we have the high-value symbols:
- Viking ship – pays up to 8.33x your stake for five of a kind
- Valkyrie – pays up to 11.66x your stake for five of a kind
- Valhalla – pays up to 10x your stake for five of a kind
- Thor – pays up to 16.66x your stake for five of a kind
- Loki – pays up to 13.33x your stake for five of a kind
- Odin – pays up to 15x your stake for five of a kind
The game also includes two special symbols:
- Thor’s Hammer – the Scatter symbol – pays up to 200x your stake for five of a kind. A group of three scatters triggers the Great Hall of Spins feature.
- Thunderstruck II slot logo – the Wild symbol, substitutes all other symbols bar the scatter symbol, and pays up to 33.33x your stake for five of a kind. The Wild doubles your wins whenever it substitutes a symbol in a winning combination.
Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
The most gripping aspect about Thunderstruck II is that it immerses you into the realm of the Norse gods straight from the first spin.
Even with the outdated technology of 2010, Microgaming excelled in bringing this mystical realm of warriors to life using exquisite character design, crisp animations, and great graphics.
The ethereal atmosphere is enhanced by the uplifting, orchestral soundtrack rolling in the background. The peaceful music creates a sharp but surprisingly effective contrast alongside Thor’s loud thunder crashing across the reels.
Stakes & Betting Range
Thunderstruck II has a rather small betting range, starting at 0.3 per spin, up to a maximum of £15. We can safely include it in our low-stakes slots list, while mentioning that it’s a great title for players with low and median budgets – but certainly not appealing to high rollers.
Thunderstruck II Mobile Play
Although the game was released more than a decade ago, it was certainly technologically advanced for its time. Plus, it still plays well on mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets with Android/iOS.
However, we highly recommend checking out the Thunderstruck II Remastered version as well. Released in 2020, it uses HTML5/JS technology, giving you a superior gaming experience as a mobile player.
Thunderstruck II – Pros & Cons
Not so fast, brave warrior! Before you cross over to Valhalla and spin the reels, there are some things you need to know about your upcoming journey:
- Popular mythological theme
- High RTP score
- Four free spins bonus features
- Great Hall of Spins requires multiple entries
- Outdated visuals by today’s standards
- Newer Thunderstruck slots available
Our Thunderstruck II Slot Verdict
Our verdict: What’s not to like? Thunderstruck II is not only a high-quality sequel to the original Thunderstruck slot, but also a title that has been insanely popular since its launch and an undisputed classic in the mythological casino games category.
It tackles a player-favourite theme, and is also rich in original bonus features brought to life by our favourite Norse gods. Moreover, although triggering them may take a while, the final result is certainly worth it.
Did you enjoy our breakdown of Thunderstruck II? Check out our other slot reviews!
Thunderstruck II has an estimated RTP score of 96.65%.
Unfortunately, no. Because it’s a rather old game, it doesn’t have a Bonus Buy feature included, so you can only trigger free spins organically. This is done by matching three or more scatter symbols.
The maximum win on Thunderstruck II is capped at 8,000x your stake. You can achieve this through the Wildstorm feature or the Loki Free Spins feature.
- Our Guide To The Best Viking Slots 2023 Viking slots have fantastic storylines and are rich in in-game bonuses and features. So, why play a boring fruit machine when you can go on an epic Dark Age...
- Thunderstruck Stormchaser Review + Free-Play Demo Stormcraft Studios comes through again with Thunderstruck Stormchaser, a high-volatility, 96.10% RTP game set in the world of Norse mythology. Other than an extensive range of features, as well as...
- A Complete Guide on Slots with Bonus Features Gaming developers are constantly on the hunt for the next big thing in slots and casino game features. Slot bonus features provide punters with new and exciting possibilities of...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.