The Dog House Megaways™ Review + Legal & Licensed Casino List for 2022
Who let the dogs out? Find out with Pragmatic Play’s pawsome and iconic release, The Dog House Megaways™, which features neighbourhood-friendly pups, playful tunes, sticky wilds, and extra spins juicier than any bone!
- The Top 10 The Dog House Megaways™ Casinos
- The Dog House Megaways™ Slot Overview
- The Dog House Megaways™ Free Play
- Facts & Figures at a Glance
- The Dog House Megaways™ Features
- The Dog House Megaways™ RTP & Volatility
- The Dog House Slot vs. The Dog House Megaways™
- Symbols & Paytable
- Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
- Stakes & Betting Range
- The Dog House Megaways™ Mobile Play
- The Dog House Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Our The Dog House Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Slots To Try Out
- FAQ section
The Top 10 The Dog House Megaways™ Casinos
100% Up To €500 + 50 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
100% Up To €500 + 50 Free Spins
100% Up To €500 + 200 Free Spins
Wildz Casino Review Play
The Dog House Megaways™ Slot Overview
What do you get when you mix man’s best friend, Big Time Gaming’s popular Megaways™ engine and suburban bliss? Well, lots of good things, including Pragmatic Play’s revamping of their playfully charming slot from 2019, The Dog House.
Upon its release, the original floored us all with its comic book-style visuals, abundance of canine companions, cash prizes, and free spins. It was definitely a story-and-character-led launch and, of course, an instant hit with dog lovers everywhere.
Since The Dog House Megaways™ already had a solid recipe to build on and only had to carry this successful torch, Pragmatic Play decided to tip the scale in our favour with some truly fur-midable bonus features and changes in reel configuration.
The Dog House Megaways™ features an upgraded layout of six reels, two to seven rows, and up to 117,649 ways to win.
And while the core of the design is kept (gamblers are once again invited to join their furry friends on a sunny morning of playtime), this time around, they are in for even more treats: multiple free spins rounds with sticky & rainy Wilds symbols, plus the option to buy the bonus.
Are you ready to sink your teeth into this colourful classic? Let’s get gnawing with The Dog House Megaways™ slots breakdown!
The Dog House Megaways™ Free Play
Facts & Figures at a Glance
Release date: 17 July 2020
Software Provider: Pragmatic Play
Win Lines: 64-117,649
Stake: 0.2 – 100
Max Win: 12,305x
The Dog House Megaways™ Features
As opposed to the original game, which only had a single bonus round, The Dog House Megaways™ enchants us with 2 different extra features – namely free spins with Wild substitutions and a buy pass. Let’s get sniffing for clues on each!
Same as the previous launch, the Free Spins feature is triggered by matching three or more Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. This symbol comes in the form of a pink dog paw, imprinted with the word ‘bonus' on top.
Once the feature comes into play, your canine pal no longer determines your free spins count based on a random spin. Instead, two options will be displayed on the screen that you can choose yourself: Sticky Wilds Free Spins and Raining Wilds Free Spins.
Neither of the two features can be re-triggered!
Whichever option you go for, the number of free spins will be determined by the number of triggering scatters.
If you choose the Sticky Wilds Free Spins you can get:
- Three dog paw Scatter symbols – Seven free spins + between two to seven sticky Wild symbols on every reel
- Four dog paw Scatter symbols – 12 free spins + between two to seven sticky Wilds on each reel
- Five dog paw Scatter symbols – 15 free spins + between two to seven sticky Wilds on each reel
- Six dog paw Scatter symbols – 20 free spins + between three to seven sticky Wild symbols on every reel
As you've probably guessed from their name, the sticky wild symbols will remain in place until the end of the free spins bonus round and change in size, along with the reels themselves. In addition, they will carry a random win multiplier of 1x, 2x, or 3x.
On the other hand, if the Raining Wilds Free Spins option sounds more up your alley, you’ll be rewarded with the following:
- Three Scatters – 15 free spins + up to six raining Wild symbols
- Four Scatters – 18 free spins + up to six raining Wild symbols
- Five Scatters – 25 free spins + up to six raining Wild symbols
- Six Scatters – 30 free spins + up to six raining Wild symbols
The raining wild symbols can come in any size and will fall randomly on the reels. They will also once again carry a win multiplier of 1x, 2x, or 3x.
Bonus Buy Feature
Matching at least three Scatter symbols on the reels can get quite ruff, so if you’re feeling impatient and want to catch those free spins in your leash instantly, Pragmatic Play’s got you covered with a Bonus Buy feature.
To activate this option, simply click on the ‘Buy Free Spins' button located on the left side of the screen. For a cost of 100x your total bet, between three and six scatters are guaranteed to fall on the next spin.
The Dog House Megaways™ RTP & Volatility
One aspect we’re a bit disappointed by is the lack of significant upgrades to the theoretical RTP (return to player) rate. While the original had an RTP of 96.51%, The Dog House Megaways™ proposes an RTP of 96.55% – the difference being so small it’s almost negligible.
With that said, this score is still very advantageous for players. If you take a look over our other online slot reviews, you’ll quickly notice the average for most video slots stands at 95-96%, so Pragmatic Play has been quite generous after all!
Based on Pragmatic Play’s own rankings, The Dog House Megaways™ has a very high volatility level (5/5). That means the maths model favours the accumulation of large wins, with a low frequency, up to a maximum of 12,305x your stake.
In real-money terms, you can win between £2,461 – £1,230,500, depending on your initial stake. Don’t forget that your odds are also greatly influenced by the hit rate, which sits at 1 out of 4.3 for the base game, and 1 out of 372 for the free spins.
The Dog House Slot vs. The Dog House Megaways™
The original The Dog House slot wasn’t particularly sophisticated in terms of structure or bonuses; in fact, it was a rather simple and retro-looking real-money slot with five reels, four rows, and 20 fixed paylines.
At the time, the only extras worth writing home about were the free spins. The way it was triggered then was through the use of Scatter symbols: a Doberman would later spin a chain device with its paw to determine how many free spins you’d get.
On the other hand, The Dog House Megaways™ enchants us with a dynamic reel configuration. There is also an exciting bonus game with free spins, where players can take their pick instead of it being decided by chance. In addition, the maximum win potential also received a generous uptick, from 6,750x to almost double!
Lastly, Megaways™ version comes with a Bonus Buy™ feature that spices things up – by skipping the base game, you can join your fur-ever friends in the promised land of bonuses instantly!
Symbols & Paytable
You can’t create a veritable animal sanctuary in the suburbs without filling the playing board with various pup breeds, juicy bones and, of course, dog houses. And, if you get the most fur-tunate symbol combinations, you can receive all of these juicy treats:
- Card suits A, K, Q, J and 10 – pay between 0.5x – 1x your stake for six of a kind
- Bone – pays up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind
- Green dog collar – pays up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind
- Dachshund – pays up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind
- Pug – pays up to 2x your stake for six of a kind
- Shih Tzu – pays up to 3x your stake for six of a kind
- Rottweiler – pays up to 7.5x your stake for six of a kind
The game also comes with two special symbols:
- Dog house – Wild symbol, substitutes all the regular icons aside from the scatter, appears only on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5
- Dog paw – Scatter symbol, three of which trigger the Free Spins feature
Theme, Graphics, Soundtrack & User Experience
While many of the best animal-themed slots take place in wild, inhospitable areas, such as savannas or deserts, Pragmatic Play proposes a light-hearted, domestic change of scenery.
As the slot name alludes to, we are invited to a typical suburban backyard, with green, freshly-mowed lawns, white picket fences, flowers and a generous assortment of friendly doggos lurking around.
A wonderful stylistic touch from the developer is rendering these thematic symbols in HD quality, with a comic book design, accompanied by vibrant colours and movement. The dog house is bustling with energy and happy tunes, only occasionally interrupted by woofs and barks.
Stakes & Betting Range
Pragmatic Play made no notable changes here – instead, it kept the same betting options seen in the original game, starting at 0.2 per spin up to a maximum of 100.
This isn’t bad at all as it makes it accessible to most players, including to those who enjoy playing high stakes slots.
Suffice to say, both low rollers and high-stakes players will wiggle their tails with joy in anticipation!
The Dog House Megaways™ Mobile Play
Because The Dog House Megaways™ demo and real-money game was released in the summer of 2020, the studio had access to the latest HTML5 technologies in the development stage.
As a result, you can enjoy seamless compatibility on any device, be it a laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet with Android/iOS.
To make the best out of this visit to the dog house and not miss any key details, make sure you use landscape orientation on your mobile device.
The Dog House Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
So, is this new Megaways™ instalment all bark and no bite? Should we dig around for more hidden treats or relax in the backyard sun with our four-legged companions instead? Let’s find out:
- Above-average RTP score
- Players can choose their Free Spins bonus
- Buy pass available
- High volatility
- Few bonus features
- Base game can feel dull
Our The Dog House Megaways™ Slot Verdict
If you’re a dog lover who simply can’t resist joining man’s best friend in yet another domestic adventure, this sequel will surely fit the bill for you.
While the developer gave the original game a modern Megaways™ makeover, it also kept the elements that made it tug at our heartstrings: happy-go-lucky music, cartoonish pups and light-hearted fun in the dog house.
We also appreciate that multipliers are thrown our way randomly, just like dog treats. All in all, Pragmatic Play sweetened the pot so we’re not barking up the wrong tree!
Other Slots To Try Out
- The Goonies
- Guns N’ Roses
- Peaky Blinders 2
- The Lioness
- The Phantom of the Opera: Link & Win
- Merlin’s Grimoire
This game has a theoretical RTP score of 96.55%, a percentage that’s considered above the average of most video slots.
Yes – buying the bonus is possible if you’re located in an approved jurisdiction (the UK is excluded). You need to pay 100x your stake to skip the base game entirely.
- Best Online Casino Bonuses 2022 | Best Casino Bonus Promotions It’s difficult not to judge a book by its cover. With casino sites, their cover comes in the form of the best and most alluring online casino bonuses they...
- Casino Games Software – Play with the Best Casino Software Providers In this article, you will find all the information needed so you can play with the best casino games software around. Pick your online game developer from our top...
- The Top Casino Sites for 2022 – Top10-CasinoSites Top10-Casino Sites has been designed and built with one singular goal in mind: helping you find your next favourite online casino! Our articles and pages feature lists which are...
We collaborate with industry experts to make sure that our readers are getting the best possible content. All our articles are there to improve your casino experience.