Stargate Megaways™ Review
Stargate Megaways™ Details
|Software provider||Scientific Games|
|Number of ways||117,649|
More slots by Scientific Games
Ready for a blast from the past with a touch of futurism across the reels? Well then, you won’t want to miss out on the wild reels and a potential payout of 25,000x in Stargate Megaways™.
Curious to learn more? Put your best explorer gear on and discover all you need to know in our Stargate Megaways™ slot review – let’s venture out into the complex universe of otherworldly beings and ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs!
- The Top Stargate Megaways™ Casinos in 2023
- What Is Stargate Megaways™ Slot?
- Stargate Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Stargate Megaways™ Bonus Features
- Stargate Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Stargate Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Stargate Megaways™ Mobile Play
- How to Play/Win Stargate Megaways™
- Stargate Megaways™ Pros & Cons
- Stargate Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
The Top Stargate Megaways™ Casinos in 2023
What Is Stargate Megaways™ Slot?
Stargate Megaways™ is a video slot developed by Scientific Games, launched on the 19th of April 2022. Based on the iconic 1994 movie ‘Stargate’, the sci-fi game is centered around mystical alien beings.
This slot game is enriched by the Megaways™ slots mechanic (licensed deal with Big Time Gaming), which allows players to unlock no less than 117,649 ways to win, plus random modifiers, wild reels & free spins!
Stargate Megaways™ Slot Key Facts
- Bets: $/€/£0.2 – $/€/£10
- Ways of winning: 324-117,649
- Theme: Space Travel, Aliens, Cosmos, Egyptian Mythology, Ancient Devices
- Symbols: Wild, Mystery, Expanding Wild
- Wild: Yes
- Scatter: No
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Smartphone, desktop, tablet
Stargate Megaways™ Bonus Features
It seems that Scientific Games opted to bring us one of the most feature-rich games yet, and we’re not complaining in the slightest. You can unlock a special Stargate trail, 12 random modifiers total, fully wild reels, cash prizes…and we’re just getting started!
It’s very hard to find high-quality Megaways™ slots these days without the cascading reels mechanic, and Stargate Megaways™ is no exception. When you trigger winning combinations, the symbols involved will explode and be replaced by new ones falling in the open spaces.
If you’re lucky enough to get consecutive win reactions, you’ll get your total payout at the end of the sequence – the mechanic only stops once no more winning combinations register.
Lastly, each winning reaction will light up one step on the Stargate trail, acting as a bridge between the base game and the bonus game.
Stargate Trail Feature & Modifiers
The Stargate trail can be seen on the left side of the reels at all times, and it’s composed of 9 levels or sections. For every successful win reaction, the trail position advances by +1.
If you reach level 5, you will unlock one of 5 randomly-triggered modifiers, whilst levels 7,8 and 9 award a bonus game with free spins. The trail only stays active during the base game and will reset after each spin.
Here are the level 5 modifiers to pay attention to:
- Random Wilds – up to 6 wild symbols will appear on reels 2-5
- Expanding Reels – will unlock the maximum game configuration (117,649 ways to win)
- Wild Reels – one of reels 2-5 will become fully wild
- Mystery Symbols – shaped like transparent orbs with a stargate overlay: when in view, they will transform up to 10 random symbols into matching symbols
- Regenerate – removes all symbols from the game board and adds fresh ones in the remaining blocks in a cascade
Stargate Bonus Game
If you reach levels 7, 8 or 9 on the Stargate bonus trail, you’ll receive 5, 6 or 7 free spins. Then, before the bonus game starts, you’ll be presented with a screen containing 15 doors marked with ancient hieroglyphs.
Your goal is to select 7 of them and reveal matching symbols to those on the upper side of the screen. You are not guaranteed to receive a modifier during the free spins, though it is possible to trigger at least one from the selection below:
- Additional Free Spins – awards between 1-25 extra spins
- Win Multiplier – your wins during free spins get a multiplier
- Ways Increase – the number of ways to win increases with every spin until the maximum configuration is reached (117,649 paylines)
- Reincarnate – the free spin counter resets if you land an Eye of Ra symbol on reel 6
- Cash Prizes – you get cash prizes valued at 5x-100x your bet
- Wild Gates – additional wild symbols land on the top reel
- Expanding Wilds – the wild symbols landing on reels 2,3,4 or 5 become expansive, covering the whole surface of the reel
Do keep in mind that free spins can’t be retriggered, you can only reset your count using the Eye of Ra symbol.
Stargate Megaways™ is very complex in terms of bonus features – however, due to its high volatility, it can be time-consuming to reach all levels of the Stargate trail organically. Scientific Games also included a classic bonus buy feature for players who want to skip the base game.
The buy pass feature allows you to reach segments 5, 7, 8 or 9 on the Stargate trail, if you pay a fixed percentage of your stake:
- Trail 5 modifiers – 31.5x your stake
- Level 7 – 45.5x your stake (you get 5 free spins in the Stargate bonus game)
- Level 8 – 72.5x your stake (you get 6 free spins in the Stargate bonus game)
- Level 9 – 123.5x your stake (you get 7 free spins in the Stargate bonus game)
The availability of the Buy Pass feature depends on the jurisdiction you access from. Players from the UK are forbidden from buying the bonus because of current regulations set forth by UKGC (UK Gambling Commission).
If you opt to purchase access to the bonus game, the RTP score will also get a boost from 96.13% to 96.89%.
Stargate Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
According to the preliminary details released by Scientific Games, Stargate Megaways™ slot will come in two RTP versions – 96.13% and 94.1%, respectively.
Differences can arise depending on the country you access from, so make sure you check which version you’re playing. Buying the bonus will give you an above-average RTP score of 96.89%, but it’s also a rather costly option.
Stargate Megaways™ has a high level of volatility/variance – as such, it’s entirely possible to grab some juicy prizes if you use all 12 modifiers to their utmost potential and remain patient.
You are also helped by the slot’s attractive hit rate of 44.64%, meaning you have high chances of getting a high-paying spin in the base game. The maximum win is capped at 25,000x your stake (or £/$/€250,000 in monetary terms) if you play with the highest bet allowed.
Stargate Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
Stargate Megaways™ proposes a standard low stake of €0.2 (min) – €10 (max) per spin. It’s safe to presume the software developer targeted most player categories with these betting levels, minus high rollers. The latter may consider it too low and restrictive for any meaningful gain.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
In terms of authenticity, Scientific Games went all the way and did not cut a single corner – Stargate Megaways™ reacquaints us with the famous characters from the Stargate franchise in animated form on the reels.
The original soundtrack composed by David Arnold also makes a glorious comeback. It blends well with the Egyptian-style symbols and cinematic visuals, unveiling the action in a shroud of mysticism.
Paytable & Special Symbols
- Playing cards from 9 to A (low-value symbols) – pay up to 0.80x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Eye of Ra golden amulet – substitutes all of the other icons, except for the Eye of Ra symbol
- Eye of Ra – only appears during free spins on reel 6, resets the free spins counter
- Stargate movie characters (Dr. Daniel Jackson, Colonel Jack O’Neil, Ra) – pay up to 10x your stake for 6 of a kind
- Egyptian-style symbols (pyramid, sarcophagus) – pay up to 1.5x your stake for 6 of a kind
Stargate Megaways™ Mobile Play
Much like other recent creative works in Scientific Games’ portfolio, Stargate Megaways™ will also use HTML5 technology. The game will be readily available on desktop, tablets and smartphones with Android/iOS, or on Megaways™ mobile apps. A demo version is already released, so feel free to try it!
How to Play/Win Stargate Megaways™
If you’re a Megaways™ slots connoisseur, you’ll already be familiar with the main layout and gameplay elements found here. Stargate Megaways™ uses a classic structure of 6 dynamic reels and a horizontal, curved one on top.
Due to the Megaways™ engine, each spin can generate between 324-117,649 ways to win, and each reel can individually hold between 2-7 special symbols.
The base game is super exciting, because you benefit from both the win reactions mechanic and 5 random modifiers. Setting your stakes is easy, all you need to do is use the coin graphic element from the right side of the game window.
There is an ”Autoplay” option present as well, capable of producing 5, 25, 50 or 100 automatic rounds. Single loss limits can be set for up to $100, and single win limits of up to $20.
The pace of the game could be better because it may take a while for the bonus rounds to get triggered – a Turbo mode would’ve been welcome. But you can’t have everything, right?
Stargate Megaways™ Pros & Cons
Should we join our favourite expedition team in unravelling the secrets of Stargate once again? Let’s see what’s in store for us:
- Based on the popular Stargate franchise
- Bonus buy provided
- Spectacular visuals, animations & original movie soundtrack
- 12 modifiers total
- Cascading reels & Megaways™ mechanics
- Bonus game with free spins
- Maximum win is capped at 25,000x
- Also comes in a low RTP version (94.1%)
Stargate Megaways™ Slot Verdict
Die-hard fans of sci-fi sweetheart ‘Stargate’ from the 90s will certainly praise Scientific Games for their extremely realistic interpretation. The movie heroes accompanying players on the reels and the original soundtrack will surely tug at your heartstrings.
Stargate Megaways™ is also jam-packed with original features, particularly the Stargate trail and bonus game, where the win potential reaches new heights. If you like the sound of this then you’ll love Scientific Games’ upcoming release for sure!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: The Great Pigsby Megapays™
- Read also: Into the Wilds Megaways™
- Read also: Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™
- Read also: Chilli Picante Megaways™
- Read also: Majestic Megaways™ Extreme 4
- Read also: Star Cluster Megapays™
Stargate Megaways™ can be played in two different RTP versions, depending on the country or region you access from: 96.13% and 94.1%. Using the buy pass feature will reduce the house edge and give you the best odds possible, with the RTP score increasing to 96.89%.
The base game offers 5 randomly- triggered modifiers, whilst the Stargate bonus game offers 7, so you can enjoy a total of 12 modifiers, which is nothing short of spectacular!
Stargate Megaways™ has a fixed maximum win of $250,000.
You can find no less than 4 special features: win reactions, trail modifiers, Stargate bonus game & buy pass.