Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax Slot Review + Free-Play Demo
Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax Details
|Software provider||Yggdrasil Gaming|
|Number of ways||20|
|Stake Range||0.20 – 40|
Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax combines a thrilling Egyptian theme with Yggdrasil’s highly-popular DoubleMax feature, which is quite the favourite with players.
Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax Overview
What do you get when you combine the best of Egyptian mythology with a monster of a feature that can possibly double your winnings? Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax is the answer — a thrilling partnership between Yggdrasil and BangBang that is likely to be a hit with players who enjoy high volatility and high payout potential.
The DoubleMax series has been a big hit in the world of online slots, and its popularity is understandable. While the Pharaoh's theme (not to mention the rather creepy looking symbols) may not be highly original — we have a whole article dedicated to Egyptian-themed slots, in fact, this slot boasts a lot of other cool attributes, so we’re not going to let that affect its standing in our slot reviews.
Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax includes some cool features, a massive multiplier of 15,000x, and a decent bet range that will attract both the big spenders and those who are a bit more cautious with their bankroll. The minimum bet is set at 0.20, while the maximum you can wager is 40. If you really hit it lucky, you could reach a £/€/$600,000 payout. The 96.10% RTP, combined with the high volatility, mean that stranger things could happen.
This is all happening under the watchful eye of the Pharaoh’s gaze. After all, the title needs to be justified and the graphics certainly do a good job of that. They may not be super original, but the visuals are undoubtedly impressive. Yggdrasil’s famed design team rises to the occasion once again.
Moreover, if you’re wondering how to play Pharoah’s Gaze DoubleMax, you have nothing to worry about. All you need to do is hit at least three matching symbols across any of the 20 paylines to score a win, with the highest paying icons being Anubis, Wadjet, Horus and the Throne in that order.
The other symbols range from the scarab Wild to the gems, and they are all exquisitely designed. Plus there’s an equally dramatic soundtrack to accompany your adventures.
Best Pharoah's Gaze Slot Casinos in 2023
Pharoah's Gaze Features
Pharaoh’s Gaze DoubleMax might not reinvent the pyramid, but it comes with six cool features that are guaranteed to keep the fussiest of players engaged. Let’s find out how they work.
- DoubleMax — Each time you land a dropdown win, you’ll see a Wild scarab symbol added to the reels, and the multiplier instantly doubles in value. The multiplier keeps on increasing with every win and only resets once the round is over. Though there’s no limit on the actual multiplier, there’s still a 15,000x cap on payouts, which is pretty high to be fair.
- Dropdown Feature — So how do you get a dropdown win? When you score a winning payline, the paying symbols disappear from the grid to make space for new ones to drop down. This is the dropdown win that will open the door to a DoubleMax multiplier.
- Pharaoh’s Gaze Wilds — At the top of the reels you will notice that there are five Pharaoh heads floating. While you are playing, symbols showing Pharaoh gems appear; these are then picked up by the Pharaoh that is directly above them. Once the Pharaoh collects three Pharaoh gems, these symbols get activated. The feature continues throughout the next three following spins or cascades. Active Pharaohs will receive between one and three Wilds on their reel with every spin or dropdown. The columns that are already activated will not have any gems appearing.
- Free Spins — If you gather more than three Scatter symbols, you’ll trigger the bonus feature, which gives you seven free spins. Any remaining gems will be carried over onto this bonus round, with six more gems assigned to random empty spots. The multiplier won’t reset until the end of the bonus round, but there are no retriggers.
- Bonus Buy — If you don’t want to wait for the free spins to trigger, you can also buy them for 100x your stake. When buying a bonus, you can also opt to use the gamble feature to increase your number of free spins. If you win the gamble, they go up from seven to 10; a second gamble win pushes the number up to 13. Careful, though, losing the gamble means you lose all free spins. The gamble feature carries 50/50 odds.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
We’ll be honest — Pharaoh's Gaze DoubleMax is certainly not the most original in terms of new slots hitting the market. Having said that, it does offer top notch visuals and a great soundtrack as we’ve come to expect from Yggdrasil.
Moreover, the DoubleMax feature remains as tempting as ever, transforming this slot from something that could have been mundane into a more exciting prospect. We’re also quite on board with the free spin feature, so we’ll spin away happily anytime.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Peak Power
- Reel Keeper Power Reels™
- Horror Hotel
- Gold Mine Stacks 2
- 9 Pots Blazing Cashpots Megaways
- Wild Wild Riches™ Luck of the Irish Megaways™
- Curious Cases: Fury of Hyde Megaways™
- Book of Inferno
- Ancient Disco
- Fu 10K Ways
- Gifts of Fortune
- Pine of Plinko
- Pilgrim of Dead
- Lucky Fishing Megaways