Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Review
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Details
|Software provider||Big Time Gaming|
|Number of ways||Cluster Pays|
If you’re looking for the most feature-packed game in Big Time Gaming’s Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series, you’re in for a real treat! Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ comes with an enhanced Cluster Pays mechanic, a unique Megatrail™ feature and a top payout of 55,060x!
- What Is the Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Slot?
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Key Facts
- Top Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Casinos
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Bonus Features
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Demo & Mobile Compatibility
- How To Play and Win Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Pros & Cons
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ FAQs
What Is the Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Slot?
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ is a video slot from Big Time Gaming, released on 27 April 2022. It is yet another instalment in the provider’s successful slot series based on the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? TV show, which first aired in the UK, and went on to become a global phenomenon.
In November 2018, Big Time Gaming launched its first branded slot, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Megaways™. Due to the latter’s enormous commercial success, roughly three years later (in August 2021), the developer released the progressive jackpot version, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Megapays™, in collaboration with Relax Gaming.
Here we are, in 2022, happy to see the Australian supplier bring us back to the studio, ready with multiple-choice questions and even bigger cash prizes!
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ boasts three exciting game features: Megaclusters™, Megatrail™, and Free Spins, plus multiplier wilds, symbol reactions, and explosions!
So, if you’re after a million-dollar slot experience and the unmistakable thrill of live TV, discover more in our Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ slot review below!
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Key Facts
- Bets: $/€/£0.2 – $/€/£20
- Ways of winning: Cluster Pays
- Theme: TV Show, Gems, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire
- Symbols: Wild, Multiplier Wild, Mega Wild
- Wild: Yes
- Scatter: No
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Smartphone, desktop, tablet
Top Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Casinos
100% bonus up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
100% bonus up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
Drift Casino Play
100% bonus up to €500 + 100 Free Spins
6 BTC Bonus Or Unlimited 20% Cashback
Up To €1,000 Casino Bonus Bundle
€800 + 250 Free Spins
100% Non-Sticky Deposit Bonus Up To €500
Deposit €150, Play With €300
100% Bonus Up To €300 + 20 Free Spins
Up To €400 + 400 Free Spins
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Bonus Features
The main highlight of this Big Time Gaming release is the Megaclusters™ feature, an original game mechanic based on the Cluster Pays system but taken up a notch further. As suggested by its name, the player goal is to match different symbols and to get them to split and react with each other. The Megaclusters™ feature was first introduced with Star Clusters Megaclusters™, back in 2020.
Following winning combinations, the symbols involved split into four smaller ones. This can continue until up to 100 symbols fill the game board.
The action of the base game is also boosted by a brand-new mechanic, Megatrail™ – each spin can randomly activate one of twelve rungs or steps, with every level awarding a different bonus, ranging from free spins to win multipliers.
Bonus prizes of up to 1,000x your stake are achievable in the base game, and 2,000x during free spins, which is sure to keep your heart racing in anticipation!
When you first open the game window, you’ll be playing with a default grid structure of 5 reels and 5 rows. Winning symbols will split into 4 smaller ones for the next spin, which will expand both the grid and the number of paylines.
Due to the Cluster Pays mechanic, to trigger a win, you need groups or clusters of at least 5 matching symbols of any size, in a horizontal or vertically adjacent position. The icons will keep splitting until 100 symbols can appear on the screen at once, which creates the opportunity for some serious wins!
Megatrail™ Feature & Modifiers
On the left side of the screen, there is a Megatrail™ consisting of 12 modifiers. These modifiers apply to all other levels on the Megatrail™ aside from 1, 2, 7 and 12, and are triggered randomly.
Rung one stays blank all the time, whilst rung 2 always triggers a random bonus, and rung 7 awards 6 free spins. Rung 12 is the most lucrative, offering a bonus prize of up to 1,000x.
Each winning combination helps you climb one rung up on the ladder, which will trigger one of the 12 bonuses or modifiers. In this way, there are essentially trillions of win possibilities created by Big Time Gaming, and very low chances that you’ll fall on the same level twice in a row since every spin is completely random.
Here is the complete list of all 12 modifiers that you can get:
- Wilds – up to 10 wild symbols land on the screen randomly;
- Multiplier Wilds – wild symbols with a 5x multiplier appear;
- Symbol Explosions – every instance of the displayed symbol removes all other icons found on its row or column;
- Symbol Subdivide – every large instance of the displayed symbol will split into 4 identical smaller ones;
- Symbol Upgrade – every instance of the displayed symbol will upgrade to a specified icon;
- Symbol to Wild – all instances of the displayed symbol will transform into a wild;
- Mega Wild – a full grid of 4 wild symbols falls on the screen, with 2 more wild grids appearing during free spins;
- Win Multiplier – the multiplier value for the entire spin gets increased by up to 11x, however, the bonus prize does not get multiplied;
- Explosions – 3 explosions commence in the shape displayed on the screen, and remove various symbols;
- Symbol Duplication – Five big instances of the displayed symbol are added to the playing board, either in a row or column;
- 50/50 – all symbols found on the top, bottom, left and right half of the grid get removed;
- Max Megaclusters™ – the Megaclusters™ feature gets triggered, replacing all big symbols with 4 smaller ones.
An interesting aspect about Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ that sets it apart from similar releases is the lack of Scatter symbols that trigger free spins. This is commonly the case with Megaways™ slots in our list, but it’s obvious Big Time Gaming chose to be as innovative as always, and went through a different route.
Instead, Scatter symbols were ditched altogether, reserving all the action for the Megatrail™ which was then used as the generator for all bonuses.
As such, you need to reach rung 7 on the Megatrail™ during the base game to be rewarded with 6 free spins. This will also trigger an enhanced Megatrail™, which will randomly be determined once for the entire duration of the free spins.
The enhanced Megatrail™ will also boost the maximum value of the bonus prize on rung 12 from 1,000x to 2,000x your stake.
If, during the free spins, you manage to activate rung 7 on the Megatrail™ once again, you’ll get 3 additional free spins. You can retrigger the free spins this way up to a maximum of 99.
Aside from the juicy bonus prize and retriggers possible, at least 6 random bonuses will be added on the Megatrail™, with rungs 1 and 2 always containing one modifier. That means each winning spin is guaranteed to trigger a prize!
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ features an RTP score of 96.44%, which is above industry average. The payout potential is truly explosive, thanks to the wide range of modifiers, win multipliers and free games that you can trigger.
However, do keep in mind that such a rate of return also comes with a downside – the slot has a very high level of volatility/variance.
That means it will tend to pay large size wins fairly infrequently and requires the player to stay patient, even through unsuccessful spins. So, if you’re a more conservative gambler who enjoys steady, regular payouts, it might be wise to choose a low volatility title instead.
The maximum win at Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ is capped at 55,060x your stake, which is also above average. In monetary terms, you can expect to gain between €11,012 – €1,101,200, depending on the size of your bet.
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Stakes & Betting Range
Despite what the title might lead you to believe, you don’t have to be a millionaire or phone a friend for assistance to try it out for yourself! For Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™, Big Time Gaming chose an accessible betting range of €0.2 (min) – €20 (max) per spin.
Whether you’re a low-stakes player or a slots expert, this range is flexible enough to make anyone rush to claim those prizes (no pun intended)!
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Big Time Gaming’s Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-themed games have a common denominator, and that’s authenticity.
The studio design bears striking resemblance to the ones seen in the UK and US versions of the show, with the original soundtrack rolling in the background. For that reason, Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ will certainly appeal to nostalgic and passionate fans of the show the most.
However, even if you treat it as a standalone title, there’s plenty to be excited about. Big Time Gaming opted for a popular symbol design: the colourful jewels that remind us of NetEnt’s iconic Starburst.
The Megaclusters™ and Megatrail™ features ensure a dynamic game action all throughout, as the board can quickly fill with no less than 100 jewels in various shapes, colours and sizes. Bonuses can be triggered at any point with a single lucky spin, so there’s always plenty of surprises in store!
Paytable & Special Symbols
- Multicoloured gems (green, red, yellow, blue, purple, red) – Low-value symbols, worth between 0.15x and 1x your stake for six of a kind, with the purple gem being the most valuable. If you match clusters of 25+ symbols, the gems are worth more, up to 30x and 50x your stake.
- Wild symbols – These replace all the other symbols to create winning combinations. Three types are present: regular wilds, mega wilds, and multiplier wilds.
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Demo & Mobile Compatibility
Based on our tests with the released version, Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ is compatible with all devices and operating systems (desktop, tablet, and smartphones with Android/iOS).
Due to the rapid pace of the game, its unique features, and symbol divisions, we recommend using landscape mode on your device to enjoy every detail & animation to the fullest.
How To Play and Win Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™
At first sight, Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ has a similar layout and reel design as the other games in this series. The starting configuration is a 5×5 game grid – due to the Megaclusters™ mechanic, winning symbols will split continuously and increase the size of the grid.
On the right side of the screen, you can find the ”stake” and ”spin” buttons, allowing you to adjust your desired bets using the green arrows before proceeding to the game. A detailed menu is also provided where you can find info about the paytable and the main special features.
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Pros & Cons
Is this truly a millionaire-worthy video slot, or are you better off skipping it? Here’s our balanced verdict:
- A great Megaclusters™ game
- Brand-new Megatrail™ feature with 12 modifiers
- Free spins that can be retriggered
- Win multipliers & wild substitutions
- Top payout of 55,060x
- High RTP score of 96.44%
- Hard to trigger free games
- Maximum win is capped
- High-variance slot
- Theme is overused
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ Slot Verdict
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ has all the right elements to attract the same level of success as its predecessors: Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Megaways™ and Who Wants to be a Millionaire Megapays™.
This time, however, the explosive Megaclusters™ engine takes the stage, improved by an original Megatrail™ feature with 12 rungs, each step keeping players on their toes as they wait to uncover exciting bonuses like free spins and multiplier wins.
The high RTP score, rapid symbol divisions and fantastic win potential of 55,060x are the cherry on the cake and seal the deal, so we’re compelled to give this one a favourable rating!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Goblin Heist Powernudge™
- Read also: Golden Catch Megaways™
- Read also: Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™
- Read also: Triple Fruit Deluxe Megaways™
- Read also: Majestic Megaways™ Extreme 4
- Read also: Stargate Megaways™
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ FAQs
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ has an RTP of 96.44%.
Megatrail™ is the name of an innovative feature introduced by Big Time Gaming, active in the base game and upgraded to an enhanced Megatrail™ during free spins. It is shaped like a ladder on the left side of the screen and contains 12 random modifiers.
To get rewarded with free spins, you need to activate or highlight rung 7 on the Megatrail™ in the base game.
Millionaire Rush Megaclusters™ showcases an impressive range of special characteristics, including cluster pays, random wilds, mega wilds, free spins, and win multipliers.