Merlin’s Grimoire Slot Review + Free Play Demo
Merlin's Grimoire Details
|Software provider||Play’n Go|
|Number of ways||7,776|
|Bonus||Free Spins Round|
Developed by Play'n GO, Merlin's Grimoire is a video slot based on the legendary wizard ,and boasts high volatility, an around-average RTP of 96.2%, and a few special features. So whether you choose to play Merlin's Grimoire for free or real money, read on to find out more about this slot in our Merlin’s Grimoire review below!
Best Merlin's Grimoire Slot Casinos
- Find Play N Go games here
- Lotteries and tourneys sections
- Great Jackpot Offers
- Play N Go titles here
- Tonnes of Jackpot games
- All in one sportsbook and casino
- 280+ Play N Go games available
- 20 No Deposit free spins upon sign up
- Excellent no frills experience
- Play N Go games here
- Great additional promotions
- Crypto and traditional payments available
- Play N Go games available
- Easy, no frills experience
- Super quick registration
Merlin's Grimoire Slot Overview
Merlin's Grimoire is a medieval fantasy-themed video slot that features the iconic wizard of Arthurian legend, Merlin – although he’s not yet the familiar, white-bearded ancient depicted in Disney’s Sword in the Stone or in Play'n GO's other Merlin-inspired games like Rise of Merlin, and Merlin and the Ice Queen Morgana.
Instead, you'll find a younger, brown-haired, speaking version of Merlin the Magician, who wanders a misty forest dotted with moss-covered trees, uttering catchphrases like “I invoke the power of nature” and “Ha ha ha ha! Thanks to the almighty!”
The game takes its theme very seriously, having plenty of gorgeous symbols and a beautifully-rendered animated intro that sets the mood.
In fact, you won’t see any boring card-suit symbols landing on the 5×3 grid.
- The low-paying symbols are what appear to be arcane runes, each distinguished by a unique colour (brown, purple, blue, yellow, green and red).
- The higher-value symbols depict a crystal staff, a scroll, a potion bottle, and the bearded face of the young Merlin himself.
Moreover, whether you’re looking to play Merlin’s Grimoire for free or for real money, you can also expect some pretty cool features.
Cosmetic aspects aside, anyone settling down to the Merlin's Grimoire slot will undoubtedly be eager to know what the special symbols and gameplay mechanics are. Let's take a look:
- Split Symbols: One novel element is the concept of splitting symbols. Symbols in the three middle reels will randomly split into two horizontally, increasing the ways to win from a baseline of 243 to a potential maximum of 7,776.
- Wild Scatters: The one special symbol in the game is the titular grimoire (a spell book), which serves as both a Wild that replaced any other symbol in a winning combination or as a Scatter symbol.
- Free Spins Round: If you land three or more grimoires, you will be awarded 10 free spins! But that’s not all – when you’re taken to the Grimoire Free Spins Round, a symbol will be randomly chosen to serve as a special expanding symbol.
- Expanding Symbols: These are a common feature in the Book-of slot games, like Play’n GO’s Book of Dead. Through this feature, symbols will expand to cover adjacent symbols in the grid when landing in a winning streak. So, for example, if you land a streak of expanding potion bottles, a portion of other symbols will then become potion bottles in turn.
Merlin’s Grimoire Slot Verdict
Behind the magical fantasy, Merlin's Grimoire turns out to be a straightforward game that minimises special symbols in favour of attention-grabbing gameplay mechanics. It will please gamers who enjoy fantasy themes and don't expect too many special symbols in their games.
From our end, we’re definitely taken in and we’d recommend taking the Merlin’s Grimoire demo for a spin if nothing else! But, if this game isn’t your cup of tea, you could check out other online slot reviews.