Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Review
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Details
|Software provider||Kalamba Games|
|Number of ways||729 - 117,649|
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ sends you on an epic quest to save the future of humanity from the grips of artificial intelligence gone AWOL. Fight the menacing cyborgs and be rewarded with a potential top payout of 15,000x your stake, four Hyper Bonuses, and plenty of juicy symbol transformations!
- The Best Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Casinos
- What Is Machina Reloaded Megaways™?
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Key Facts & Ratings
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Top Features
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Free Play Demo & Mobile
- How To Play Machina Reloaded Megaways™
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
The Best Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Casinos
- Play Kalamba games here
- Exciting tournaments to check out
- Dedicated jackpots section
- Check out their Kalamba games
- Lucrative VIP section
- All in one sportsbook and casino
What Is Machina Reloaded Megaways™?
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ is a sci-fi video slot, set to be released by software provider Kalamba Games on 22 September 2022.
As expected, Machina Reloaded Megaways™ retains many of the original’s characteristics, including the futuristic theme, the cyborg symbols, the Hyper Bonus Feature, and the Jackpot Levels.
However, Kalamba have spiced things up with notable improvements: the provider increased the betting range, making the sequel worth your time if you’re a high roller. In addition, the maximum number of ways to win received an upgrade, going from 46,656 to 117,649.
We’re further pleased to see major visual enhancements. The dystopian layout of the city is rendered in HD, while the cyborg and human characters move more fluidly along the reels. As such, the landscape truly comes to life in a bright show of neon colours.
So, are you ready to conquer this post-apocalyptic urban wasteland and play your part in the humans-vs-robots war? Get down to the nitty-gritty of this upcoming launch with our Machina Reloaded Megaways™ slot review!
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Key Facts & Ratings
- Bets: £/€/$0.25- £/€/$50
- Ways of winning: Up To 117,649
- Theme: Sci-Fi, Cyborg
- Symbols: 9, 10, J, Q, K, A card suit symbols + Purple, Turquoise, Green & Red Human Characters, Cyborg
- Wild: Folder ‘Wild’
- Scatter: Golden Chip Scatter Bonus Symbol
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Top Features
If you’ve played the original game, the review for which can be found in our Megaways™ slots list, then you’ll be happy to see the comeback of several bonus features.
Players can once again trigger free spins organically using scatter symbols, or buy them for a fixed cost by activating the Hyper Bonus feature.
The bonus accumulation symbols are also back on the stage – when collected, they allow players to transform other icons and win extra spins.
What’s more, we’re seeing an upgrade of the Cashpot feature from the previous game – this time around, there are four jackpot levels instead of three, namely the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum Jackpots. If you’re the luckiest post-apocalyptic fighter, you can win as much as 15,000x your stake from the Platinum Cashpot.
Lastly, Kalamba Games kept the same characters found in the original launch, only with a nice wardrobe upgrade and 3D rendering. There are four human protagonists, who can be identified from the colour of their clothes, plus the cyborg.
One small critique we think is worth mentioning is that the sequel has a very uneventful base game: the lack of cascading reels is felt throughout our spins, as most of the excitement and win potential is reserved for the bonus rounds.
The slot’s most valuable symbol is the cyborg, which is also instrumental in the Cashpot feature, which can be triggered in the base game or during free spins.
Players must land at least 10 or more cyborg symbols on a single spin to activate this bonus feature. Depending on the number of triggering cyborgs, you can receive four different jackpots:
- 10 cyborgs – Bronze Cashpot (5x your stake)
- 12 cyborgs – Silver Cashpot (12.5x your stake)
- 16 cyborgs – Gold Cashpot (300x your stake)
- 19 cyborgs – Platinum Cashpot (15,000x your stake)
To trigger the Free Spins feature, you need to match at least three scatter or bonus accumulation symbols anywhere on the reels.
These symbols are shaped like a computer circuit that’s lit up by an electric charge, so they are easy to spot and add even more authenticity to the sci-fi theme.
In addition to the free spins, players also receive a fixed cash payout:
- Three bonus symbols – 10 free spins + 2x-your-stake payout
- Four bonus symbols – 12 free spins + 5x-your-stake payout
- Five bonus symbols – 15 free spins + 10x-your-stake payout
- Six bonus symbols – 18 free spins + 15x-your-stake payout
During the free spins, the Scatter symbols are collected on the metre located at the top of the screen. They can also be upgraded, enabling players to bag some extra spins and transform low-paying symbols into high-value ones.
To upgrade each of the four human characters to a cyborg, you need a different number of collected Scatter symbols: four, eight, 13, and 18 for the purple, turquoise, green, and red human characters, respectively.
Once the upgrade occurs, two extra spins will be added to your count. After that, each additional five collected bonus symbols award you two extra free spins.
If you manage to collect the maximum number of 20 bonus symbols, all icons on the playing board will be transformed into cyborgs. That will significantly increase your chances to hit the Platinum Cashpot and win the game’s top payout.
The HyperBonus feature is practically a standard Bonus Buy feature, only rebranded by Kalamba Games. As per usual, it’s only available in approved jurisdictions and it’s prohibited to UK-based players.
To activate it, you must click on the ‘Buy Bonus’ icon, located on the bottom left of the slot window. This will allow you to skip the base game entirely and jump straight into the free spins feature by paying a fixed percentage of your stake.
As an added bonus, each of the four paid options will slightly increase the RTP score, as shown below:
- 56.92x your stake – 10 free spins – 96.40% RTP
- 105.94x your stake – 12 free spins – 96.51% RTP
- 240.3x your stake – 15 free spins – 96.60% RTP
- 466.84x your stake – 19 free spins – 96.70% RTP
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
When it comes to the theoretical RTP (Return-To-Player) rate, we’re slightly disappointed to see that it’s lower than the original’s, going from 96.59% to 96.2%.
The only way to get a slight uptick in the RTP score is to purchase the free spins, but some of the advertised options are pretty expensive and may not be available to all players.
The game has a high volatility level, which favours big wins with a low frequency, up to a top payout of 15,000x your stake.
In real-money terms, you can expect to win between £/€/$3,750 – £/€/$750,000 depending on your bet size.
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
One aspect that’s highly welcome is the increase in the betting range, which now allows you to take this title for a spin for anything between:
- £/€/$0.25 and £/€/$37.50 as standard; or
- £/€/$0.50 and £/€/$50 using the HyperBet feature.
This means that on top of being great for those with larger budgets, this cutting-edge journey is also accessible to low-stakes players.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ reunites all the key features that made sci-fi blockbusters and video games with post-apocalyptic elements so popular: cyborgs clashing with human fighters, neon lights, electric circuits and metal frames engulfing city skylines.
The futuristic atmosphere is further enhanced by the techno soundtrack resonating in the background, keeping our blood pumping for the clash against artificial intelligence and human inventions gone too far.
From the setting to the musical influences, it is clear that Kalamba Games aimed to pay tribute to several pop culture phenomena, such as the 2014 sci-fi film Ex Machina or maybe even Cyberpunk 2077, one of the most controversial video games of 2020.
Paytable & Special Symbols
The studio managed to depict a dystopian scenario in which humans and cyborgs roam the same urban streets, each fighting for world domination. This conflict is superbly rendered through the use of sci-fi thematic symbols.
- The low-paying symbols: The 9 to A card suits symbols have a futuristic design and pay between 0.8x-1x your stake for six of a kind.
- The high-paying symbols: The purple, turquoise, green and red symbols pay up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind. These symbols can also upgrade to a cyborg during the free spins feature.
- The best-paying symbol: The most valuable symbol is the cyborg, which pays just 2x your stake for six of a kind. This, admittedly, is still rather low!
- The Scatter symbol: The golden circuit symbol is the bonus symbol. This pays up to 30x your stake for six of a kind; while landing three or more anywhere on the reels will trigger the Free Spins feature.
- The Wild Symbol – The Golden ‘Wild’ symbol substitutes all the other symbols to complete winning combinations, except for the scatter.
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Free Play Demo & Mobile
Just like its prequel, Machina Reloaded Megaways™ has been developed using HTML5 technology. This means you’ll be able to try it out from any device (desktop, tablet or smartphone with iOS/Android) at the same quality level, with all key features intact.
How To Play Machina Reloaded Megaways™
Back in 2019, Kalamba Games signed a licensing deal with Big Time Gaming for the Megaways™ mechanic. This agreement is still in effect, allowing the studio to implement it in Machina Megaways™ and Machina Reloaded Megaways™, respectively.
While the first installment featured only six reels, two-to-six rows, and 46,656 ways to win, this time around, the provider has made some interesting changes.
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ has a structure of six main reels and a horizontal row on top – each reel can also hold between two to seven special symbols. However, the configuration starts at 729 ways to win and can go up to a maximum of 117,649.
A winning combination is triggered by at least two high-value or three low-value symbols from left to right on consecutive reels.
Once you open the slot window, here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Find the coin graphic on the lower-right side – here you’ll be able to set your stakes and also use the Hyper Bet option. Remember, the higher your stakes, the bigger the number of ways to win (e.g., £/€/$37.50 – 74,088, £/€/$50 – 117,649). In addition, the different levels of the Hyper Bet increase the RTP score and reveal a different configuration.
- Click on the main menu, on the lower-left side – here is where you can find out more about the paytable and game rules. You can also activate additional spinning modes, like Turbo Mode, or turn the music on and off.
- Spin manually using the Space Bar/Spin Button or use Autoplay if you want to let the game run by itself.
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
Are you ready for a deep dive into the world of retro-futurism, where neon colours meet state-of-the-art technology and robotics? Brace yourself for this jarring confrontation:
- Four fixed jackpot prizes
- Packed with bonus features (free spins, symbol upgrades, etc.)
- Four different buy passes
- Low maximum win
- Uneventful base game
- High volatility
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ Slot Verdict
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ delivers some much-needed upgrades to the previous slot format, which will make sci-fi fans return in droves to discover them all.
While the ultra-modern urban landscape was kept, along with the human warriors fighting cyborgs in the streets, Kalamba Games opted to give us more ways to win, more jackpots and more options to trigger free spins.
We can respect a sequel that understands how much fans crave improvements and delivers accordingly – so much so that we’re giving it a favourable rating. And although we would’ve loved to see a higher maximum win, this sci-fi trip is still exciting enough for a second spin!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Hot Chilliways
- Read also: Cluedo Mighty Ways
- Read also: Into the Wild Megaways™
- Read also: Piggy Bank Megaways™
- Read also: Gods of Asgard Megaways™
- Read also: Max Megaways™
Machina Reloaded Megaways™ has different RTP scores depending on which features are active – Hyper Bet and Hyper Bonus, respectively. It ranges from 96.20% to 96.70%.
The maximum win at Machina Reloaded Megaways™ is capped at 15,000x your stake. You can claim this amount if you hit the Platinum Cashpot during the base game or free spins.