Into The Wilds Megaways™ Review
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways
Into The Wilds Megaways™ is the first title by WorldMatch to use this mechanic – but it falls short of many of the elements that have made Megaways™ a household name. Let’s take a look at the reasons for this below.
- Best Into The Wilds Megaways™ Casinos With Bonuses in 2024
- What Is Into The Wilds Megaways™?
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ Key Facts
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ Top Features
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ Mobile Play
- How To Play Into The Wilds Megaways™?
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Into The Wilds Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
Best Into The Wilds Megaways™ Casinos With Bonuses in 2024
- WorldMatch games available here
- All in one sportsbook and casino
- Impressive selection of games
What Is Into The Wilds Megaways™?
Into The Wilds Megaways™ is an Aztec-themed video slot by WorldMatch, an Italy-based game developer that’s been active since the beginning of the 2000s. Even so, this is their first title that runs the Big Time Gaming-developed Megaways™ mechanic, and it leaves much to be desired.
In fact, we’re sad to say that this is one of the most underwhelming Megaways™ games we’ve ever played: the maximum number of Megaways™ possible is 16,807, the Free Spins feature is the only one worth noting, and the game does not even come in a desktop version (just mobile).
Adding to this, the game has a very strange betting range, the RTP is just 94.4%, and there is absolutely no information about the potential max win (though we’ve emailed them to find out more). Oh, and it’s literally a copy of a non-Megaways™ title by the same developers.
We can’t really imagine why WorldMatch has put so little effort into its first Megaways™ title, but it’s not a great start.
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Key Facts
- Bets: €/£0.80-€/£160
- Ways of winning: 16,807 Megaways™
- Theme: Aztec
- Symbols: 10, J, Q, K, A card suit symbols + Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow, & Red Gems
- Wild: Gold Aztec Mask; Colourful Aztec Mask (Free Spins)
- Scatter: Pink Gem
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: No
- Devices: Smartphone, tablet, desktop
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Top Features
Sadly, the Into The Wilds Megaways™ slot does not really offer players anything new in terms of bonus features. Not only that, but the game does away with basic Megaways™ features, like in the cascading reels slots, as well as the 117,649 ways to win.
This is an odd choice from WorldMatch, particularly as the list of new Megaways™ slots is ever-increasing. But, anyway, let’s look at the one bonus that’s actually there, shall we?
Free Spins With Wild Multipliers
The biggest bonus in this game is the Free Spins feature, which comes with a Wild multiplier. To activate this, you’ll need to line up three, four, or five Scatter symbols, which will give you 8, 12, or 16 free spins, respectively.
During these free spins, the special Wild symbol (the colourful Aztec mask) will not just replace any symbol in a winning combination, but also multiply the value of that combination by two. These Wilds, however, are not cumulative, so 2x multiplier is the maximum you can get.
The one big plus here is that you can retrigger the free spins feature while playing the free spins. This is also done by landing 3, 4, or 5 Scatter symbols, which will reward you with the same amount as before.
Into The Wilds Megaways™ RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
The Into the Wild Megaways™ RTP is 94.4%, which is quite low for most Megaways™, and it certainly doesn’t compare with the numbers for the highest RTP Megaways™ slots.
This low RTP is complemented by low-to-medium volatility, which means you can expect small, but frequent wins throughout your gameplay. The developers have also not issued any information about the Into the Wilds Megaways™ max payout, which just makes things even more annoying.
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Stakes & Betting Range
With the smallest possible bet being a rather high €/£0.80, this game will certainly not be making it to any best low-stake Megaways™ slots list anytime soon. In fact, it totally alienates anyone with a modest budget, as its betting range increases astronomically (and, sometimes, without much logic) with each step: 0.80, 1.60, 3.20, 6.40, 8, 16, 32, 64, 80, 160.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
We really don’t mean to be mean, but we can’t fathom what WorldMatch was thinking here. For a start, there is no desktop version of the game available. So, while it can technically be played on a desktop, users will have to make do with a tiny window that makes the symbols look slightly bigger than ants.
Secondly, the Aztec theme is really not well executed. In fact, the theme could have been anything because its only purpose is to give some colour to the grid.
Apart from that, the symbols are, for the most part, generic and there is no particular storyline. This becomes even worse when considering that it’s exactly the same theme, symbols and soundtrack as the Into the Wilds slot.
But, if you’d still like to go ahead and play it, then you’ll be happy to know that the graphics are decent and the control panel is as easy to use as those of any other Megaways™ slot.
Paytable & Special Symbols
The paytable for the Into the Wilds Megaways™ slot is pretty easy to understand.
- The Card Suit symbols: The lowest-paying ones, with the 10, J, Q, K & A all paying 0.25x, 0.62x, and 2.5x your stake when you line up three, four, or five similar ones.
- The Pink Gem symbol: The Scatter symbol that awards free spins as well as payouts: namely 2x for three, 10x for four, and 20x for five.
- The other Gem symbols: The high-paying symbols that pay higher amounts in this order: Purple, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Red. You’ll only need to line up two such symbols to get a payout – which is arguably one of the best things about this slot. The maximum payout here is 7.5x your stake when lining up five red gems.
- The Golden Aztec Mask symbol: The Wild in the base game and replaces all other symbols in a winning combination, bar the Scatter.
- The Colourful Aztec Mask symbol: The Wild symbol in the free spins, which substitutes all other symbols in a winning combination, plus multiplies the value of that combination by two.
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Mobile Play
Well, WorldMatch have clearly created a game that is aimed at mobile phone users. So while gamblers on desktops will surely feel short-changed, mobile players can easily play this game.
Once the game is out, we’re also sure that the casinos that will carry this will have an adaptable site, and that it may even be found in the catalogue of some of the best Megaways™ mobile apps.
How To Play Into The Wilds Megaways™?
For all its downsides, Into The Wilds Megaways™ is as easy to play as any other title in our Megaways™ slots list. Here’s how it’s done.
Step 1: Once the game is out, head to one of our legal and licensed casinos in our llist above.
Step 2: Sign up to play for real money, and don’t forget to claim your bonus if you wish to do so.
Step 3: Go to the Into The Wilds Megaways™ page and load the game – this should work well on both desktop and mobile devices, though desktop users may find the mobile-only format of this game annoying.
Step 4: Select your stake per bet through the Coin widget and press the Spin button.
Tip: If you don’t feel like manually pressing the Spin button every couple of seconds, the game has an auto-play feature. To set it up, choose your stake per spin and click on the Auto-spin button. Once there, select the number of auto spins (5-1,000 or infinity). Annoyingly, players cannot choose their loss or single-win limit.
Into The Wilds Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Payouts awarded for 2 high-paying symbols
- Scatter symbols also award payouts
- Free spins
- No desktop version of the game
- Very, very few bonus features
- Aztec theme not original
Into The Wilds Megaways™ Slot Verdict
We can’t say we love this game. In fact, through every section of our Into The Wilds Megaways™ review, our opinion of the game got lower and lower.
Do we think no one will enjoy this game? Not necessarily, but with so many other great games to choose from – which you can access through our Megaways™ catalogue – we don’t see why players should settle for a game that offers so little.
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: The Great Pigsby Megaways™
- Read also: Big Top Bonanza Megaways™
- Read also: Merlin’s Revenge Megaways™
- Read also: Chilli Picante Megaways™
- Read also: Wild Portals Megaways™
- Read also: Star Cluster Megapays™
- Read also: Cash ‘N Riches WOWPOT! Megaways™
- Read also: Bon Bomb Luxpots Megaways™
The RTP for this WorldMatch game is 94.4%, which is quite low by Megaways™ standards.
WorldMatch has not yet released any information on the matter. Nevertheless, we do know that lining up five scatter symbols returns 20x your stake.
It is not yet known, but some sources are saying June 2022. We’ve emailed WorldMatch to find out more about this.