Hot Shots Megaways™ Review + Free-Play Demo
Hot Shots Megaways™ Details
|Number of ways||117,649|
|Stake Range||0.20 – 200|
Hot Shots Megaways™ is a wacky football-themed game from iSoftBet, featuring a line-up of crazy cartoon characters. It also has an unusual set of features, so before all you Word Cup fans set down to play Hot Shots Megaways for free or for real money, our slots mini review shall explain everything.
Top Casinos to Play Hot Shots Megaways™
- 100+ iSoftBet games!
- Great no frills experience
- Super quick registration
Hot Shots Megaways™ Overview
If you keep up with online slot game reviews, then you may you have come across the original Hot Shots and Hot Shots 2 video slots, where the world’s favourite sport and animals come together for a Bedknobs-and-Broomsticks-style football game.
Well, now iSoftBet has given these games the Megaways™ treatment through the third instalment in this series: Hot Shots Megaways™.
Although the theme remains the same – with the symbols reintroducing the animal characters and football-related icons, the game’s mechanic has changed.
For a start, this high-volatility title operates on the Megaways™ system, which gives you six reels that can accommodate anywhere between two to seven symbols each. Therefore, instead of the usual 10 or 20 paylines, you get up to 117,649 ways to win.
The game also comes with numerous features and jackpots, which we explore in detail below. However, there are a few downsides worth mentioning.
- Its RTP is of 95.98%, which, while it does increase to 96.48% during the bonus features, it’s still lower than the average for most real-money slots.
- Ultimately, the theme is superficial, with nothing but the visuals being football related.
With that in mind, let’s go through the many features this game has to offer!
Hot Shots Megaways™ Features
Once you hop onto the Hot Shots Megaways™ demo or real money version, you'll find an enticing line-up of features waiting for you…
- Cash Respins: If you land five scatters, you will enter a round with three respins. All of the symbols will be multipliers and the object is to land enough to earn one of the jackpot prizes: Mini (30x your current bet), Major (100x) and Mega (1,000x).
- Fever Bet: This feature can be activated before any spin to increase your current bet by 25% and make it easier to reach the Cash Respins (you'll need only four Scatters).
- Bonus Buy: As with all Bonus Buy slots, you can spend cash for bonuses. Specifically, you can raise the RTP or head straight to Cash Respins. Sadly, this feature is not available to UK players due to a UKGC law that aims to curb excessive gambling.
Adding on to these are three Modifiers:
- The Hot Shots Cup gives you a Big Win bonus or takes you to the Cash Respins round.
- The Max Megaways™ awards you the maximum 117,649 paylines.
- The Goal Scatters add between 10 and 20 Scatter symbols to the grid.
So, as you can see, it’s not bad at all!
To Spin or Not To Spin?
We can conclude our review by recommending the Hot Shots Megaways™ demo, especially if you’re looking forward to the upcoming World Cup! With its mixture of cartoonish aesthetics and an unusual set of features, it is sure to appeal to players who prefer slot games that are a little crazy, particularly if they enjoyed the first two games in this popular series.