Fruit Gemz Splitz Review + Free-Play Demo
Fruit Gemz Splitz Details
|Software provider||Yggdrasil Gaming|
|Number of ways||19,733|
|Stake Range||0.25 – 60|
Boomerang, ReelPlay, and Yggdrasil are three of the big names in online slots, and now they’ve come together to create Fruit Gemz Splitz. This game offers its players a 95.5% RTP, medium volatility, and an aesthetic straight out of slot-machine tradition, and if you'd like to know more before you settle down to play, this review aims to answer all your questions.
Best Fruit Gemz Splitz Slot Casinos
+ 200 Free Spins
Up to $2,000 + 200 Free Spins
150 Free Spins
20 Bonus Spins on Book of Dead
Fruit Gemz Splitz Overview
Fruit Gemz Splitz is a creation by three providers that turn up time and again in our slot game reviews: ReelPlay, Boomerang and Yggdrasil. This, as you’d expect, set our expectations sky high — but does it live up to our expectations?
Well, setting aside the slightly cringe name (‘gemz’ and ‘splitz’ sounds so early Noughties), this slot channels an aesthetic based on traditional fruit machines, though it does this in a modern way, where fruits are formed from crystals and the soundtrack verges on the trippy. You could even say that the three titans responsible have given us the ultimate fruit machine: the core gameplay that players have come to love, with an innovative Splitz feature, where landing Mystery symbols can split in up to 12 different symbols.
The title is a medium-volatility one with an RTP of 95.5% that takes place on a grid of three rows and five reels, plus a sixth horizontal reel on top, stretching the total possible paylines to 19,733.
Players can place stakes of between 0.25 and 60, and achieve a max win of up to 888x the stake.
Rather unsurprisingly, the game's symbols stick to tradition. The lowest-value symbols, all worth 0.4x your bet for five of a kind, are the card suit ones. These are followed by the fruit symbols, worth from 1x to 2x your bet if you land five.
In terms of special symbols, the game has:
- Coins (between 1x and 888x),
- Collect symbol (awards all Coins that land in the same spin),
- Wild symbol (showing the game's logo), and
- Splitz symbol (turns into up to four of the same symbol bar the Collects).
Fruit Gemz Splitz Features
Aside from the special symbols listed above, Fruit Gemz Splitz has three features of note:
- Splitz: The game’s title refers to the Splitz feature, which was developed by Yggdrasil. As noted above, you stand the chance of landing Splitz symbols which will transform into other symbols. The Splitz has the potential to split (hence the name) into two, three, or four smaller symbols, all occupying the same square. This means that a reel can be potentially expanded from three symbols to 12!
- Hold & Respin: If you land six or more Coins on the grid, this will trigger the Hold & Respin feature. You will be taken to a four-reel grid, where the Coins that you landed are lined up at the top as stickies. The rest of the grid will spin to land either additional coins or valueless playing card symbols. You receive three respins for each coin. The round offers the chance to win between 1x to 10x your stake as a standard prize, but also 20x as a Mini prize, 100x as a Major prize, and 888x for a Mega prize. If you’ve played Floating Dragon Megaways™, you’ll have seen a similar mechanic.
- Side Strike: As you play the game, randomly-chosen symbols appear with either red or green poker chips. By clicking the ‘Side Strike’ button on the right, you can bet on which chip will appear the most. You will win 1x your bet if both colours appear twice, 2x the bet if your chosen chip appears once more than the other, and 5x if it appears twice more. Note that this feature bumps the RTP up to a hefty 98%.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
The word that comes to mind most when describing this game is ‘relaxing', particularly if you have decided to play Fruit Gemz Splitz for free (which certainly lowers the stress). The easy-on-the-eye aesthetic and laid-back music combine to make an utterly mellow experience. That said, the special features do add a little excitement.
Other Slots To Try Out
- Shadow Society
- Football: 2022
- Tales of Silver Megaways™
- Christmas Gold Digger
- Big Bass Bonanza™
- Avalon Gold
- Wins of Winter
- Christmas Bonanza
- D10S Maradona
- Mega Fortune™