Cluedo Mighty Ways Review
Cluedo Mighty Ways Details
|Software provider||Light & Wonder|
|Number of ways||4,096-262,144|
Are you a fan of detective stories and the iconic Cluedo board game? Well, now you get the chance to play it in slot form with Cluedo Mighty Ways, which brings us the brand-new Mighty Ways engine, win reactions, and more!
- The Top Cluedo Mighty Ways Casinos
- What Is Cluedo Mighty Ways?
- Facts & Ratings at a Glance
- Cluedo Mighty Ways Top Features
- Cluedo Mighty Ways RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
- Cluedo Mighty Ways Stakes & Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable & Special Symbols
- Cluedo Mighty Ways Mobile Play
- How To Play Cluedo Mighty Ways
- Cluedo Mighty Ways – Pros & Cons
- Cluedo Mighty Ways Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
The Top Cluedo Mighty Ways Casinos
What Is Cluedo Mighty Ways?
Cluedo Mighty Ways is a new, murder mystery-themed video slot developed by Light & Wonder studio (formerly known as Scientific Games). The game is based on the famous murder-mystery board game, where players try to eliminate people, places, and weapons, with the aim of finding out who committed the murder, where it took place, and the weapon used.
Launched on 10 June 2022, Cluedo Mighty Ways proposes a refreshing mix of bonus features and themes. This is also the first game to showcase the developer’s original Mighty Ways mechanic, which is eerily similar to Big Time Gaming’s Megaways™ – with a few tweaks that we’ll detail down below.
Players are invited to solve a gruesome crime that seemingly occurred in a spooky mansion at night. An assortment of expensive jewellery can be found within its dark walls, drawing the intruders in.
It’s quite rare for a studio to combine an eerie setting with luxurious items and riches, so we’re already excited! Furthermore, the game promises a whopping number of 262,144 ways to win, as well as an original 9-step bonus trail with mystery extras, free spins, and a Buy Pass™!
Are you clever enough to join the ranks of Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and Miss Marple, and solve the ultimate whodunit? Then we hope our Cluedo Mighty Ways slot review will inspire you to grab your magnifying glass and look for clues!
Facts & Ratings at a Glance
- Bets: £/€/$0.2 – £/€/$10
- Ways of winning: Up To 262,144
- Theme: Murder Mystery
- Symbols: 9, 10, J, Q, K, A card suit symbols + Cluedo Magnifying Glass & Dice, Jewellery Chest, Urn, Whisky Glass & Pipe, Quill Pen, Mystery Symbols
- Wild: Glass Window imprinted with the word ‘Wild’
- Scatter: No
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
Cluedo Mighty Ways Top Features
Random modifiers, mystery symbols, and wild substitutions are just the tip of the iceberg; it appears that Light & Wonder wanted to make a splash when developing the Cluedo Mighty Ways slot, as this launch is packed with bonus features, modifiers, and mini-games.
After every winning combination in the base game and during the free spins, the Cascading Reels feature will be activated: the symbols involved get removed, and new ones fall from above in the open spaces left.
The chain reaction will continue as long as new winning combinations are created, giving you the chance to hit more wins on the same stake!
Mighty Ways functions very similarly to the Megaways™ slots mechanic invented by Australian software provider Big Time Gaming. However, Light & Wonder added its own spice, so it’s not just a carbon copy.
The Mighty Ways mechanic provides a varying number of ways to win on every spin, starting at 4,096. However, there is a slight twist: with each winning cascade, the player will move one step up on the bonus trail. In addition, each reel that contains a winning symbol will increase in height by one.
As such, there are six main reels, with each one able to reach a maximum height of eight. This produces a configuration of up to 262,144 Mighty Ways.
Do keep in mind that before any bonus game, both the trail and the number of ways to win will reset to starting value.
Upon opening the slot window on the left side of the screen, you’ll find a bonus trail with nine segments, some of which are blanked out while others are revealed.
Your goal is to create multiple winning cascades, as each one helps you advance one step on the trail. However, remember that the trail is only active in the base game, and will reset with each spin, so your odds will be completely random. The maximum number of cascades you can land in the base game is nine.
Levels 7, 8, and 9 on the bonus trail activate the Bonus, Super Bonus, and Mega Bonus, whilst segment 5 reveals one of the following modifiers randomly:
- Secret Passage – gives you access to the Bonus, Super Bonus, or Mega Bonus game;
- Mystery Symbols – selects up to eight symbols on the reels and transforms them into identical ones;
- Multiplier – shaped like a lucky wheel, it will pick a 2x, 3x, 5x, or 10xwin multiplier at random. The multiplier will get added to the following cascades;
- Random Wilds – between two and five Wild symbols will fall on Reels 2-6;
- Wild Reels – once activated, Reels 2,3,4, or 5 will be selected to become Wild reels;
- Symbol Removal – this feature removes all the low-paying symbols from the board, allowing new ones to fall in their place, without the possibility for Queens, Jacks, 10s and 9s to appear again;
- Board Reset – all the current symbols get removed from the reels, and a new spin ensues.
As opposed to most games we break down and include in our Megaways™ slots list, here we immediately notice the absence of the Scatter symbol, which is typically used to trigger free spins.
Instead, it’s all about the bonus trail. Reaching steps 7, 8, and 9 on the trail will trigger the Bonus, Super Bonus, or Mega Bonus, rewarding players with five, six, or seven free spins.
Next, players are invited to take part in a Card Picker mini-game, with six options they can choose from. They must select a suspect, a murder weapon (e.g. dagger,) and a location in the house (e.g. hall).
Any of the cards may reveal a random modifier that will stay active during free spins:
- Extra Spins – adds one, two, three, five, eight, or 10 free spins at the start of the round.
- Multipliers – adds a 2x multiplier on top of your wins (cash prizes excluded).
- Cash Prizes – awards you an instant cash prize worth 5x, 8x, 10x, 15x, 25x, or 100x your total bet.
- Remove 10 & 9 Symbols– low-value 10 and 9 card suit symbols get removed from the reels throughout the entire course of the bonus.
- Expanding Wilds – any wild symbol in view will turn into an Expanding Wild, covering the whole reel.
- Extra Ways –players get an increased starting number of Mighty Ways: 14,000.
- Reset Wins – the free spins count is reset once a time watch symbol lands on reel 6.
During the free games, between one and three special Cluedo™ Cards may fall on the reels. Once they are flipped over, they will once again reveal a suspect, location, or weapon. If they match your original choices in the Card Picker, you’ll win an instant cash prize of 5x, 50x, or 2,000x your stake.
If they don’t match, you’ll receive one extra free spin for every incorrect guess.
Cluedo Mighty Ways comes with three Buy Passes™. Choosing any of the paid options below allows you to skip the base game and trigger the bonus instantly:
- Activate Trail 5 Modifier – pays 33.5x your stake
- Activate Segment 7 on the Bonus Trail – pays 76x your stake
- Activate Segment 8 on the Bonus Trail – pays 90x your stake
- Activate Segment 9 on the Bonus Trail – pays 104x your stake
Moreover, using the Buy Pass™ will slightly increase the theoretical RTP score – between 94.66% and 94.97%.
Cluedo Mighty Ways RTP, Volatility & Win Potential
Although Light & Wonder managed to pique our interest with this original mechanic, we are quite disappointed by the estimated RTP score, which stands at just 94.24%. Plus, even if we activate the Bonus Buy feature, there is hardly any meaningful difference. Unfortunately, it’s a hefty drop compared to Megaways™ slots, which have a median RTP score of 96%.
Another downside is the high level of volatility, which also puts a dent in our odds of winning large prizes. However, the maximum win, which is capped at 50,000x your stake is a ray of sunshine.
That means you can leave the game session with £/€/$10,000 – £/€/$500,000 in your pocket, depending on your bet size.
Cluedo Mighty Ways Stakes & Betting Range
The betting range offered by this game is quite small, starting at £/€/$0.20 and going up to just £/€/$10 per spin. So, while the slot would easily make it onto our list of low-stake Megaways™ slots, it certainly won’t appeal to high rollers.
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Based on the iconic board game, Cluedo Mighty Ways manages to deliver a thrilling atmosphere and adrenaline-packed gameplay.
At every step, we are urged to advance along the bonus rounds and figure out the details of the horrendous event that occurred. The main reels are filled with various precious items the intruders may have stolen in the process, such as jewellery, smoking pipes, or whisky.
The background further enhances the upper-class status of the targeted family, with water fountains and vintage cars in the driveway. All the above is topped with a mysterious and eerie soundtrack, reminiscent of old detective movies or an Agatha Christie television adaptation.
Paytable & Special Symbols
Nearly all special symbols that we can find complete the popular cops-and-robbers theme, ranging from prime suspects to various types of jewellery and expensive whisky:
- 9, 10, J, Q, K and A card suits – low-value symbols that pay between 0.5x and 0.9x your stake for six of a kind;
- Quill – pays up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind;
- Urn – pays up to 1.5x your stake for six of a kind;
- Pipe & Whisky symbol –pays up to 2.5x your stake for six of a kind;
- Golden jewellery chest – pays up to 5x your stake for six of a kind;
- Cluedo slot logo – pays up to 10x your stake for six of a kind;
- Wild symbol – substitutes all other icons except the Scatter and the special Cluedo Cards. Appears only on Reels 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6;
- Time Watch – only falls on Reel 6. When it does, it resets the free spins count back to 0.
Cluedo Mighty Ways Mobile Play
Cluedo Mighty Ways was developed using the latest HTML5/JS technologies, so it renders just as well on home devices, as well as smartphones and tablets with Android/iOS.
Are you ready to walk into the spooky mansion? Try the game for free on our page or for real money at any of our recommended casinos!
How To Play Cluedo Mighty Ways
In order to play Cluedo Mighty Ways, you need to follow the usual steps:
Open the game window and set your stakes using the coin graphic element located on the top-right side of the screen. Here, you can also find the settings and paytable, where you can learn more about the special symbols and layout.
The game has a starting configuration of six reels, four rows, and 4,096 Mighty Ways. A winning combination is triggered by identical symbols on adjacent reels, starting with the leftmost reel.
An Autoplay mode is also offered: you can select between five and 100 automatic spins, and set Single Win and Single Loss limits at particular sums (e.g. £/€/$20, £/€/$100).
Cluedo Mighty Ways – Pros & Cons
So, is the risk worth the reward when lurking around this creepiest of family mansions? Here’s what to brace for when solving this murder mystery case:
- Unique Mighty Ways game engine
- Base game bonus trail with nine modifiers
- Three bonus buy options
- Low RTP score for a video slot
- High volatility
- Restrictive betting range
Cluedo Mighty Ways Slot Verdict
If you’re looking for a mighty fun slot experience (no pun intended!) in a scary urban setting that’s shrouded in darkness and mystery, you’ll absolutely love Cluedo Mighty Ways. Indeed, the game manages to excel the most in its visuals and world-building efforts, and will surely be a Halloween hit!
We’re also pleased with our first contact with the Mighty Ways mechanic and its win potential in practice – the increase in reel size, coupled with the huge number of extras and bonus games makes for a very entertaining and rewarding session.
However, we weren’t so impressed with the low RTP score and high volatility – this stacks the odds against us, but if we’re brave enough to solve the crime, big rewards of up to 50,000x await!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: Hot Chilliways
- Read also: Piggy Bank Megaways™
- Read also: Gods of Asgard Megaways™
- Read also: Max Megaways™
- Read also: Disco Mania Megaways™
Cluedo Mighty Ways has an estimated RTP score of 94.24% for the base game and between 94.66% and 94.97% for the Buy Pass™.
The Mighty Ways mechanic was created by Light & Wonder, an American corporation specialising in gaming products and content. They were formerly known as Scientific Games.
Cluedo Mighty Ways has a top payout capped at 50,000x your stake.