Champion of the Underworld Review + Free-Play Demo
Champion of the Underworld Details
|Software provider||Yggdrasil Gaming|
|Number of ways||4,096|
|Stake Range||0.20 – 100|
Champion of the Underworld is a game themed around the darker aspects of Greek mythology. Offering super high volatility and an RTP of 96%, this title offers a solid gaming experience, particularly for the high rollers among you. Our review shall show you all the details.
Best Champion of the Underworld Slot Casinos
Champion of the Underworld Overview
Champion of the Underworld is a release from Yggdrasil that is already racking up favourable slot game reviews. With a setting themed loosely around the Greek underworld (Hades himself pops up as a mascot), the game offers striking visuals and an appropriately eerie soundtrack that breaks into heavy metal when you spin.
When you try your luck at the Champion of the Underworld slot and its demo, you will find a 96% RTP and a super-high-volatility slot game with four rows across six reels. You score by landing three or more symbols on adjacent reels, left to right. This amounts to 4,096 paylines.
The betting range is from 0.20 to 100 and the maximum you can win is 10,000x your bet. Here are the symbols that you will come across:
The low-paying symbols are playing card icons (Heart, Club, Diamond, and Spade), and all have equal value (0.5x your bet for six of a kind), while the higher-paying symbols depict mythical monsters. The least valuable of these are the blue ghoul and green horse, worth twice as much as playing card symbols.
Higher-scoring symbols are the purple Medusa and the red minotaur, with the latter being worth 2x your stake for six of a kind.
The Wild symbol shows a golden skull and substitutes all regular symbols. If you land six wilds in a row, it will also pay out. Finally, the Free Spins symbol is exactly what it says on the tin.
Champion of the Underworld Features
The full title of the game is Champion of the Underworld Gigablox Wild Fight, but what does this mean? It all makes sense once you know more about the bonus features you will run into when you play the Champion of the Underworld demo:
- Gigablox: Champion of the Underworld uses the Gigablox feature, which means that randomly-chosen symbols will take up 2×2 or 4×4 of the grid.
- Wild Fight: This feature sees a monster’s symbols being randomly chosen and turned into Wilds on random spins. While the instructions describe this in terms of Hades ‘fighting’ the monsters, the visuals are not as spectacular as this sounds. What is impressive are the multipliers, which increase by +1 after every successful fight. The multiplier can also go up a level, giving you two extra spins each time. A total of 17 successful Wild Fights gives you a 25x multiplier.
- Free Spins: Land five or more Free Spins symbols, and you will enter the Free Spin round. You are granted as many free spins as you land Free Spins symbols, starting from five.
- Gamble Minigame: During the Free Spins round, you can choose to enter a mini game for a chance to win more spins. This involves choosing a sword from a pile; a golden-tipped sword wins, while a broken sword loses.
- Buy Bonus: Unless you have decided to play the Champion of the Underworld slot for free, you can spend money for extra free spins. 90x your bet gets you five spins and 1,000x your bet enters you into the Free Spins round with 20 spins.
To Spin or Not To Spin?
Between its atmospherically dark-fantasy setting, rocking metal soundtrack, and bevvy of features, the Champion of the Underworld slot demo is a winner. We can even forgive the fact that Hades never actually appears in the Wild Fight feature!
Other Slots To Try Out
- Fishin’ Christmas Pots of Gold
- Madame Destiny Megaways™
- Peaky Pigs
- Aztec Wild Megaways™
- Spinions Game Day
- Tricks and Treats
- Castle of Terror
- Tropical Bonanza